Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (682288 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 11:58am On Sep 22, 2018
olamilarks:
Well, KFC Nigeria is owned by Indians and they are really good slave masters. Shift manager - 37k, Team member - 27k.
wow! economy catastrophe.
it isn't about Indians being good at task master, but for government to regulate employees policy and boost the economy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by AngelicBeing: 6:45pm On Sep 22, 2018
olamilarks:
Well, KFC Nigeria is owned by Indians and they are really good slave masters. Shift manager - 37k, Team member - 27k.
Chai, 37,000 naira = 100 dollars, huh shocked, from that peanut slave wage, the staff will transport himself / herself to work, feed, Pay rent and other miscellaneous expenses incurred during the month, Hian, and one fat pot bellied politician in Abuja is going home with more than 50 million naira monthly making useless laws that has kept the country as a cesspit of poverty and darkness sad

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Dremca(m): 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2018
Lol. I always like your sense of humour with memes. The worst part of it is that, inflation keeps going up and currently Nigeria's inflation is at 11.2% and the naira keep loosing value day by day. That's part of the reason there is high rate of crime. Less income chasing more demand.
AngelicBeing:
Chai, 37,000 naira = 100 dollars, huh shocked, from that peanut slave wage, the staff will transport himself / herself to work, feed, Pay rent and other miscellaneous expenses incurred during the month, Hian, and one fat pot bellied politician in Abuja is going home with more than 50 million naira monthly making useless laws that has kept the country as a cesspit of poverty and darkness sad

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by olamilarks(m): 11:18pm On Sep 22, 2018
subcbouy:
wow! economy catastrophe.
it isn't about Indians being good at task master, but for government to regulate employees policy and boost the economy.
well that's true sir. Because even indigenous companies are worse at staff welfare.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 12:43am On Sep 24, 2018
stonemasonn:
its because there is a high demand for skilled labor.

I agree with you on that, but they believe more on experience, work ethics.. Something happened at my place of work not too long ago.. A security girl stationed at the entrance of the building was hired by the CEO of the company.. I stylishly asked her what transpired between her and the CEO, she told me they were having a chat at her desk and the CEO was praising her about her work ethics, she was always at her desk and diligent with her duties.. To cut the story short he offered her a position in the company with paid training, she did not believe her eyes.. as i speak she just finished her training with a well furnished cubicle already prepared, her salary is three times of what she earns as a security guard.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 12:45am On Sep 24, 2018
Originalsly:

Soo true in most cases!...the first thing they want to know is your job history!..... then they call your previous jobs to enquire about you...not about your certification...but mainly punctuality... ability to work with others.... follow instructions and if you are a good worker. That's more important than your certificatesss.

You have said it all boss.. My resume is packaged with some certificate i am yet to take, its all about packaging your self..
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 12:47am On Sep 24, 2018
lillaowow:

Wait, OMG you just blew my mind....

Since I've been working here and attending interviews , I have never been asked about all my certificates.

No one has seen them. They just go by what I write on my resume.

Where are these certificate sef, make I go look for Dem. Maybe my last GF don burn dem sef I no even know. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.. Sorry for the late reply boss.. Been a bit busy.. which state are in?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 12:51am On Sep 24, 2018
Dremca:
Whereas in Nigeria, if you're not a graduate, you're a nobody. Young people bribe, sleep around and do all sorts in the university all in the name of sorting just to get certificate only to graduate to be unemployed because they pass through school but school didn't pass through them.

When i look back at my 5 years in uni, i shake my head what a waste of time and energy to be honest..

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by stonemasonn: 1:19am On Sep 24, 2018
kroger:

You have said it all boss.. My resume is packaged with some certificate i am yet to take, its all about packaging your self..
hahahaha packaging....na wen u start work na dia u go no say khaki no be Leda.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 1:57am On Sep 24, 2018
Burger01:
Exactly, except where you need to show professional certification membership cards.

Gbam!!!!! Boss i need some business idea from you.. can we link up?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Burger01(m): 2:09am On Sep 24, 2018
kroger:

Gbam!!!!! Boss i need some business idea from you.. can we link up?
How we go do am? I'm locked out pam pam from my nairaland email. smiley
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 2:25am On Sep 24, 2018
Burger01:
How we go do am? I'm locked out pam pam from my nairaland email. smiley

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 2:27am On Sep 24, 2018
stonemasonn:
hahahaha packaging....na wen u start work na dia u go no say khaki no be Leda.

I will never forget my first IT job, mehn i kept calling the guy who trained me to assist me.. Last last i scaled that phase grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 6:02pm On Sep 25, 2018
kroger:

I will never forget my first IT job, mehn i kept calling the guy who trained me to assist me.. Last last i scaled that phase grin
If the guy didn't pick his call, and you were asked to submit the stuff that same day, na gbege ooo Lol

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 8:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
subcbouy:
If the guy didn't pick his call, and you were asked to submit the stuff that same day, na gbege ooo Lol

serious gbege lol... But everything went smoothly and i learnt from the job and moved to a higher paying one..
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chicksy(f): 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2018
Hello everyone,So my siblings and I have been on administrative processing since January this year. The embassy has been silent for long,but like in 2 month ago they started for some additional document and asked us to retake the medical exams. But today they asked for police cert which I took to the embassy.After I dropped the document I was asked if I have passport for all of us with me and I said yes. And I was asked to submit it..But was not told the reason why...I just hope its for good.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
Chicksy:
Hello everyone,So my siblings and I have been on administrative processing since January this year. The embassy has been silent for long,but like in 2 month ago they started for some additional document and asked us to retake the medical exams. But today they asked for police cert which I took to the embassy.After I dropped the document I was asked if I have passport for all of us with me and I said yes. And I was asked to submit it..But was not told the reason why...I just hope its for good.

I guess they want to issue hence the call for the passport.. It will be for good..

5 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by pretty16(f): 2:34am On Oct 05, 2018
Chicksy:

Congratulations in Advance. Your visa would be printed soon, that's if it hasn't already been printed. Wish u All the best

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chicksy(f): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2018
pretty16:

Congratulations in Advance. Your visa would be printed soon, that's if it hasn't already been printed. Wish u All the best
...I pray So .....#positive mind tho....Thank you @pretty16 ..Hope you enjoying your new home
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by seyewest(m): 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
Chicksy:

You're very lucky... Thank God all your document checks out...
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 2:56am On Oct 09, 2018
I haven’t abandoned this thread. School is on my neck like crazy. There’s always one assignment or essay or quiz coming up and it’s hitting me back to back; I’m trying to catch. Abeg bear with your boy. Biko.

Happy new month guys

33 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by LUCAS99: 3:18am On Oct 09, 2018
FrankNetter:
I haven’t abandoned this thread. School is on my neck like crazy. There’s always one assignment or essay or quiz coming up and it’s hitting me back to back; I’m trying to catch. Abeg bear with your boy. Biko.

Happy new month guys

grin grin grin

It's that way my Brother.

I remember taking Physics, Chemistry, Differential Equation & English during a single semester.

Those professors nearly killed me with quizzes, assignment, Tests & Group Presentation.

I finally figured my way around

I now take 2 easy courses + 2 hard courses every semseter.

2 of those courses must be online while the remaining 2 courses will be in Class.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Holocene(m): 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
FrankNetter:

Happy new month guys

What courses are you taking this fall?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chapecoense(m): 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
FrankNetter:

Happy new month guys
Hey Frank how are you, and how is studies holding up? Please i have a question, if your goal is to be a doctor, why major in nursing? I am assuming if Studying medicine is the end goal, then majoring in one of the life science courses is the way to go?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 9:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
subcbouy:
Some private institutions are quietly doing great, while some of them are just biz kiosk, doing not great.

education in Nigeria is a scam

both public and private unis
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
FrankNetter:

Happy new month guys

Hmmm......plus job.....energy draining UPS job!...I'm surprise you made time to write four complete sentences....awwww! Keep climbing bro...no time to look back..is a longgg way to the top!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ugosample:

education in Nigeria is a scam

both public and private unis
Both cannot be scammer. Some private unis are doing well.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
subcbouy:
Both cannot be scammer. Some private unis are doing well.

lol

doing which well?

let me give allowance for say 4%

The remaining 96% Na scam
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ugosample:

lol

doing which well?

let me give allowance for say 4%

The remaining 96% Na scam
Overseas you guys over rated, some are scam, too.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 12:55am On Oct 10, 2018
subcbouy:
Overseas you guys over rated, some are scam, too.

no basis for comparisons

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 12:59am On Oct 10, 2018
Ugosample:

no basis for comparisons
haha Do you have basis for comparisons, in your initial post?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kroger: 1:46pm On Oct 10, 2018
FrankNetter:

Happy new month guys

We full ground remain dey wait for update... cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.