Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (682178 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Theyoungmatron: 6:31am On Nov 01, 2019
Timi1990:

grin this your post funny ooo bro , so you quit your job because of that ? . Well I must say there’s risk everywhere and in every job . If you have about 3-4 years experience as correctional officer i’ll Advice you join the PD or work for Sheriffs Office . If you’re willing to take certification courses and do lot of self study then you can start a career in IT .
Nigerians and the diehard syndrome grin grin. Naaaa, he won't quit till they kill and mince his meat grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Spanishmilf(m): 8:46am On Nov 01, 2019
lionlee216:
I feel working 4 jobs is kind of way too much though. Just saying.
yeah same here too...... I wonder how is social life will be...

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by KingCurtis21: 9:04am On Nov 01, 2019
Spanishmilf:
yeah same here too...... I wonder how is social life will be...

Work now and cruise later.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by KingCurtis21: 9:07am On Nov 01, 2019
7Alexandre:

Like how much did you pay for the Toyota Camry?

Was it bought Brand New or Used?

Did you buy from a Car Dealership or Car Auction?

Thank you in advance for you answers.

It’s not Toyota Camry. It’s Toyota Avalon (year 2012-14) around $10k-$16

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by decode55(m): 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2019
KingCurtis21:

It’s not Toyota Camry. It’s Toyota Avalon (year 2012-14) around $10k-$16

Na Camry be that oga

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
deuzgreat:

you are fkkking rude actually
Aren't you rude too. Check out the year thread started.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by KingCurtis21: 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2019
[quote author=decode55 post=83658165]
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by pendragon35(m): 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
deuzgreat:

hope you didn't go? nothing in Italy . las las na drug dem go use you push

Almost 3yrs now...I didn't go bro.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2019
pendragon35:

Almost 3yrs now...I didn't go bro.
good one
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 02, 2019
I have been a silent/ghost follower of this thread. Started reading it from the first page to here this week, it will be unfair if i fail to recognize & applaud you guys. Thanks to franknetter(hope you are doing good? abeg keep updating this thread), Kroger(boss I go email u),ugosample,bossman,lionlee,maistacy,twood,backfornow,mackynaija (I have read ur thread & I learn alot) & a whole lot of other contributors that has kept this thread going... I have learnt alot, Una well done & happy new month to everyone..
Make I still dey find money, one day I go port come tell my story

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TimD: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2019
Hi Frank,
Great job you're doing here! Just a quick question for you - Personally, do you think the UPS's "earn and learn" program is a good deal and worth the effort?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 9:00am On Nov 02, 2019
Akiliogidi:
I have been a silent/ghost follower of this thread. Started reading it from the first page to here this week, it will be unfair if i fail to recognize & applaud you guys. Thanks to franknetter(hope you are doing good? abeg keep updating this thread), Kroger(boss I go email u),ugosample,bossman,lionlee,maistacy,twood,backfornow,mackynaija (I have read ur thread & I learn alot) & a whole lot of other contributors that has kept this thread going... I have learnt alot, Una well done & happy new month to everyone..

happy New month to you too
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 9:04am On Nov 02, 2019
guiddoti:
Do you have one?

Let me tell you a bit of my idea.

During my masters program in the UK, the least amount I make is 350 per week without overtime. So, you can do the calculation for one month. I pay 270 per month for rent with utility inclusive. As for transportation, I pay 38 per month (bus pass) to anywhere within the city. Mind you, food is very cheap. Even if you are gluttony, you should not spend over 150-200 on food for one month. Remember, this is just least job for non professionals. Now, coming home, which menial job can make you live average life, that is obtainable, as equate to non professional job here? Maybe you have different experience as myself or an idea, am waiting.

yea true
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 1:04pm On Nov 02, 2019
deuzgreat:
stay off. didn't call you
Really? Then stay on. Try call ops
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2019
Akiliogidi:
Amen, bro. God grant your request.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
TimD:
Hi Frank,
Great job you're doing here! Just a quick question for you - Personally, do you think the UPS's "earn and learn" program is a good deal and worth the effort?
I am not Frank, but I can relate with it. Actually It is individual pocket. If you have more than enough, you can neglect following this part. But If you dont, you have one alternative which is engage. I will not support over labour, though.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
lionlee216:

Lol... if na you, You go stay? grin grin cheesy
That slang:" we go die there" gringrin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TimD: 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
subcbouy:
I am not Frank, but I can relate with it. Actually It is individual pocket. If you have more than enough, you can neglect following this part. But If you dont, you have one alternative which is engage. I will not support over labour, though.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
Welcome back... .suspected you had no time to scratch let alone updating the thread. I figure you left the UPS job with all the benefits because it is too demanding and never down time. But on the other jobssss.... is it that difficult to get just a second full time job?.... there would be benefits and overtime. Why 4 jobs?...very soon you may have to join the 'drug culture' to maintain.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.