Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,744 members, 7,806,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! (3635 Views)

My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry / These Places In Nigeria Will Take Your Breath Away / Don't Ever Visit These 7 Countries If You're A Woman.. It's Dangerous! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by OBALORLA(m): 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
This isn’t about me trying to discourage you, neither is it for me to spoil market for these places. It’s rather for them to up their game. Nothing more.

I actually just returned from my trip to Badagry after my trip to Ogun state, and with high hopes, I had enlisted these destinations in my to-go list. But on getting there, I was totally disappointed even though I tried all I could to give my doubts as many benefits remaining in my sad mind.

Without much ado, here they are:

1. Mobee Royal Family Museum
This museum is one of the most popular museums in Badagry. The reason why people actually go there is because it is one of the few available. Below are the reasons why I would never advise any traveler to go there (perhaps until things get better).
[img][/img]

The reception is poor: On getting there, I noticed that the guys who were in charge of narrating the story behind the museum looked too hostile. They may probably be taking some hard stuff because their eyes were so brown and scary. They also didn’t look serious. They rather were after the money to be made from tourists.
It’s too small: Need I say more? Had it been that it was small and well packed, it could have been a different scenario. But it was too scanty also. I just don’t know what to compare it with.
The story behind it is lame: You see, all personal museums in Badagry have a story behind their existence. But unlike the other museums I visited, Mobee’s storyline is the lamest and least interesting. There seems to be nothing thrilling about it.

Let me stop there. The second is-

2. Suntan beach

9 out of 10 people will likely mention Suntan Beach first when asked to mention bitches (Oops! Sorry, I meant beaches) known to them in Badagry. Maybe that’s why majority get disappointed after visiting there. Below are the reasons why Sultan Beach is nothing but an overhyped tourist destination.
[img][/img][email]

Poor maintenance culture: The management of this beach (that is if they have any) could care less about what the role of proper branding and renovation is. The painting down to the artworks isn’t anything to write home about.
Boredom resides there: Unlike its counterparts like Elegushi and Oniru, Suntan Beach thinks it is only during festive periods that they need to pull stunts. Aside from a few houses and other offensive materials which I’m too annoyed to mention, there’s nothing attractive about it again.
Lacks Innovation: The fact that Sultan is at the extreme end of Lagos doesn’t mean it shouldn’t borrow some innovative ideas from its aforementioned counterparts. I don’t know what is wrong with them collaborating with potential sponsors and developers. I just don’t know.

Enough said about the above eyesores. Let me tell you some places that made my stay in Badagry worthwhile.

however, here are some Places You should See When Next You Go To Badagryhttp://www.nomadicnegro.com/6-places-must-see-next-go-badagry/

1 Like

Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by RichDad1(m): 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
If this post eventually make it to the FP, the poster above me can kiss that spot bye bye. cool cheesy
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by dauddy97(m): 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2016

Op, your brain is dead.
I'm staying in Badagry. why all this trash about where I'm residing. more over,
it's sultan beach and not suntan as you typed .

Badagry that was awarded and honoured as the "home of tourist " by gov Ambode.
who is the unchanged OP sef.

NOTE:-
BADAGRY WAS where the first primary school was located and started.

BADAGRY WAS the first place the storey building was built.

BADAGRY WAS where the first well was dug.

BADAGRY WAS where the first church was build.

BADAGRY WAS where the first Bible was translated to Yoruba language.

BADAGRY WAS where the slave trade resided during there era.

and lot more,.......

PROUD TO STAY IN BADAGRY

3 Likes

Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by OBALORLA(m): 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
dauddy97:

Op, your brain is dead.

and lot more,.......

PROUD TO STAY IN BADAGRY

@dauddy97 see what just happened:

You: who is the unchanged OP sef?
Me: I’m an inquisitive nomadic traveler (a novice though)

You: BADAGRY WAS where the first primary school was located and started.
Me: You are wrong, badagry wasn’t. it iwas instead the place where the first primary school in Nigeria was located in Nigeria.

You: BADAGRY WAS the first place the storey building was built.
Me: According to history, you are wrong again. It wasn’t Badagry. Badagry was instead the first place where a story building will be built in Nigeria.

You: BADAGRY WAS where the first well was dug.
Me: No! though I’m tired of telling you how wrong you are but I’d say it irrespective. It wasn’t in badagry. I think you now know the right answer.

You: BADAGRY WAS where the first church was build.
Me: Another wrong assertion. Where was C.A Gullma and co now worshiping before they came down here?

You: BADAGRY WAS where the first Bible was translated to Yoruba language.
Me: I’m tired but I’d manage to tell you that I doubt if anyone knows where the first bible is.

You: BADAGRY WAS where the slave trade resided during there era.
Me: No comment cos I’m tired. Slave trade isn’t a person neither does it have a home/abode. Besides, if what you are saying is anything to go by, I’d still say you are wrong. All coastal areas in Nigeria e.g Calabar and Niger in Nigeria also had a fair share of the trans Atlantic slave era. Badagry was just more popular.

You: and lot more,.......
Me: I hope you wont be wrong with them

You: PROUD TO STAY IN BADAGRY
Me: Me too!

In all, I’m disappointed that you didn’t even attend to my topic, instead you were out to devour me.
Maybe my brain aint dead afterall?.
Oh! I almost forgot!
About the true name of the place, see this picture:

7 Likes

Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by OBALORLA(m): 3:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
RichDad1:
If this post eventually make it to the FP, the poster above me can kiss that spot bye bye. cool cheesy

i hope it does RichDad1

lalasticlala
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by royalemperors: 7:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
Hi zarakay, guess we re derailing that thread.
Join me here please, its a hidden thread, we can play love play here without preying eyes. lol
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by zarakay(f): 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2016
royalemperors:
Hi zarakay, guess we re derailing that thread.
Join me here please, its a hidden thread, we can play love play here without preying eyes. lol

lol
ok
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by royalemperors: 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2016
zarakay:

lol
ok

Lol, seems you re good at always obliging. let's see if you would do same to this next request.

Friends? and wish for a chat with you outside here, preferably whatsapp. is that too much to ask from. you, a pretty being?
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by zarakay(f): 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2016
royalemperors:

Lol, seems you re good at always obliging. let's see if you would do same to this next request.

Friends? and wish for a chat with you outside here, preferably whatsapp. is that too much to ask from. you, a pretty being?

U on BBM?
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by royalemperors: 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2016
zarakay:

U on BBM?

Nah babe, I don't do Bbm, don't just fancy it.

You shouldn't be afraid dear, trust me, I am not a kid that would take your friendship and chats on whatsapp for granted. I don't bite, I only bite n!pples, female n!pples. lol
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by zarakay(f): 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2016
royalemperors:

You shouldn't be afraid dear, trust me, I am not a kid that would take your friendship and chats on whatsapp for granted. I don't bite, I only bite n!pples, female n!pples. lol

lol
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by zarakay(f): 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2016
royalemperors:

drop ur no
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by royalemperors: 8:00pm On Dec 31, 2016
zarakay:

drop ur no

please bring to my notice when you have gotten it so that I can modify and remove it.

And, expecting your HI on whatsapp!
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by zarakay(f): 8:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
done
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by royalemperors: 8:05pm On Dec 31, 2016
zarakay:

copied already
please delete ASAP
where re u chatting from?

please go back to the message where I wrote my number that you quoted, modify and delete my number.

Chatting from Benin City, and you?
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by zarakay(f): 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2016
royalemperors:

please go back to the message where I wrote my number that you quoted, modify and delete my number.

Chatting from Benin City, and you?

lagos
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by royalemperors: 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2016
zarakay:

lagos
Hmmmm, always Lagos, lol.
anyways, its just a 5hrs drive by road or 30mins by flight. *wink*
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by zarakay(f): 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2016
royalemperors:

Hmmmm, always Lagos, lol.

anyways, its just a 5hrs drive by road or 30mins by flight. *wink*

Lolz
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by royalemperors: 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2016
zarakay:

Lolz
Kisses!
Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by bebe2(f): 11:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
dauddy97:

Op, your brain is dead.

and lot more,.......

PROUD TO STAY IN BADAGRY

Ahhh brother wake up naaaaa

Day don break ooo

He has told u the issues he had there , but u rant upon rant without a single word to counter wat he said.

We know na badagry God for create Adam and Eve undecided

1 Like

Re: If You’d Ever Visit Badagry, Never Go To These Places! by Nobody: 2:12am On Feb 24, 2019
@Dauddy97.........Do you still reside in Badagry?

(1) (Reply)

Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? / How Can I Migrate To UK Apart From Student Visa With 3M Budget / How Do I Go On About Applying For A Nigerian Passport For My Daughther

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.