Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,357 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:05 PM

Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka (40057 Views)

"I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka / US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by ayindejimmy(m): 10:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
i dont know how and why they gave this olodo of a prof nobel prize, what major work has he done in this 21st century

You called a professor with a Nobel Prize in Literature Olodo?!

Then what should I call you that can't construct an error free sentence?

Children of these days self, ...

4 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by OAUTemitayo: 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
IstandwithSoyinka

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by castrokins(m): 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
What Exactly Has Happened To Prof. Soyinka? If I Didn't Watch This Report On Channels Tv, I'd Think It's Made Up By The Media. You Made A Promise, Not Just Before Nigerians, But The Entire World. What's Wrong In Reminding You Of An Earlier Promise? I Know You Campaigned For Buhari Who's Cancelled All Hi Promises To Nigerians, But One Would've Expected That A Professor Of Your Standing Would Be Different. Disappointing!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by LorDBolton(m): 10:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
Common cultist.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Pedagogue: 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
Responding to some infantile people here is a waste of precious time. Any perspicuous mind here will know that the reason why many folks are attacking Soyinka is not because of the Green Card issue! Far from it!

Professor Wole Soyinka is the greatest Nigerian academic-living or dead. PERIOD.

Many Soyinka haters are still reeling from his severe criticism of the GEJ regime! Interestingly, most of these people are from the region that are pained that Soyinka won the most prestigious Nobel price, which Prof Achebe could not! That is the REAL cause of their hateful comments.

12 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by kinglekan: 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
kenonze:
Why is Wolf Soyinka so troubled with this greencard issue?

He isn't troubled like most people think. On the contrary he is sick of seeing blogs post insults and Nigerians troll him on an issue that wouldn't affect their well-being or bring an end to the recession.

Tbh, I am with him on this one but then again the only reason he keeps addressing this issue is because the press and Nigerians wouldn't let him be.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by MD45: 10:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
kinglekan:

Prof's got a point tho. I love the part where he said and this is me paraphrasing "millipedes of the internet always thinking they should have an opinion about everything that doesn't put food on their tables" grin grin

Truth is he exercised his right to freedom of speech by saying he would tear his green card, but my dear country endowed with internet millipedes, centipedes bugs and all sorts decided to show themselves as usual with vitriol's of all kinds.

And that they leave slime in their path.

That was quite an insult to so many people.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by middlebelter(m): 10:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
i dont know how and why they gave this olodo of a prof nobel prize, what major work has he donoe in this 21st century
I now have every reason to believe something is fundamentally wrong with you Ozaoekpe. When I read people's attack on you because of your comment on a previous tread today it didn't occur to me that your case is that critical. You making such a rude comment about an international respected scholar because he's not from your tribe is an unpardon able error.
I hereby invite the moderators to review this Ozaoekpe's membership of nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by r2beez(m): 10:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=rapistomenka post=51662304]None of my generations will stoop to the unenviable distinction of a Wole Soyinka, a man who easily disavows on pecuniary promptings.

The Kongi Harvester has proven archetypally that his chameleonic tendencies is generational. It is a Mendelian factor!

Anyway, Soyinka is living up to his afonja roots: say one thing today and do another tomorrow.

OKORO sighted! grin

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by slurryeye2: 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
Reading comments from the 1st page you will realize why Soyinka is not happy with Nigerians. And we know the tribe most of these people come from. Since no one in their tribe has ever won a noble laureate before, they will have headache over Soyinka issue till they die.

Now to all of your abusing Soyinka, mention your Papa name and let's compare his achievement to that of Soyinka. Or una papa no get name? Then if you are ashamed to mention your Papa name then keep shut and let prof be.

5 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by EMMANUEL69: 10:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abeg. Leave the Professor alone. He has every right to do whatever he wants with the Green Card. Many people who are complaining are doing so because they are simply jealous of the man and his achievements. A lot of people, who are complaining about Soyinka, if they have Soyinka's opportunities they would have even become American citizens. He is still a Nigerian and you are still complaining!! Haba!!

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
middlebelter:

I now have every reason to believe something is fundamentally wrong with you Ozao ekpe. When I read people's attack on you because of your comment on a previous tread today it didn't occur to me that your case is that critical. You making such a rude comment about an international respected scholar because he's not from your tribe is an unpardon able error.
I hereby invite the moderators to review this Ozao ekpe's membership of nairaland.
hahahahaaaa, only using my right to fre e speech grin
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
Guy stop talking about your card e don do
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by r2beez(m): 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
castrokins:
What Exactly Has Happened To Prof. Soyinka? If I Didn't Watch This Report On Channels Tv, I'd Think It's Made Up By The Media. You Made A Promise, Not Just Before Nigerians, But The Entire World. What's Wrong In Reminding You Of An Earlier Promise? I Know You Campaigned For Buhari Who's Cancelled All Hi Promises To Nigerians, But One Would've Expected That A Professor Of Your Standing Would Be Different. Disappointing!!

You're so jobless that you have mandated yourself to keep reminding people of their promises. Get busy bro undecided
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by slurryeye2: 10:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
LorDBolton:
Common cultist.

He started fraternity for student voice against government oppression. And he graduated from universities, became a renowned prof and won Nobel laureate

Wetin your Papa contribute in his life?

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by slurryeye2: 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
i dont know how and why they gave this olodo of a prof nobel prize, what major work has he done in this 21st century

I know you didn't fall from heaven or whether na hell. You must get Papa, so wetin be your Papa name make we compare his achievement to that of Soyinka

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by jerryfisher(m): 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
otukpo:
Somebody should please advise Soyinka to stop ranting.

He is embarrassing himself.
lolz
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by r2beez(m): 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
cowardSeun:
Wole Soyinka is an illiterate old fool..

I doubt you have a father who has achieved half of what's he's done. You're uncultured. probably not from Nigeria. Nigerians don't do this.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
Tropical afonja man double mouth ;ire abuo. Tufiakwa!
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by slimzyguy(m): 10:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
And you are happy to talk very loosed. The man doesn't even know you exist anyways.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by tosynAB(m): 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
angeltolly:
I don't know this man can talk loosely like this. Abi na old age dey worry Prof?

you be idiotic, the brain combination of your family is brainless to Soyinka's brain... so go sleep and think of your own tomorrow about what you can contribute to the country. what can make a great country like USA to over you a green card with free minded, Soyinka is a great man of a great Honor that have been experienced many... he can't do without think, he believe in his word not like you puppet, slowpoke....#rest my case.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by r2beez(m): 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
soldierdollar:
Ofonjas

OKORO in action!
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by kinglekan: 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
MD45:

And that they leave slime in their path.

That was quite an insult to so many people.

Are you implying that from his comment cos I didn't see where he said that verbatim.

Those who find his comment insulting are those who have criticized him strongly on the green card issue. He has a valid point and y'all know it. grin

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by solidman59(m): 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
The decision to destroy your green card was personal so why didn't you keep it to yourself You went ahead and made it public and now getting reactions from people, then you are all over the place complaining.

You should be ashamed of yourself old man

4 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by slurryeye2: 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
Diebyfire05:
Tropical afonja man double mouth ;ire abuo. Tufiakwa!

Osu, no brain, no achievement, no shame. You called a man that fought and went to jail because of your useless Biafra names. You people lack any form of integrity and respect

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by babadey(m): 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
" millipedes of internet who claw out at any excuse and lips flying in their trade."

He said it all.

Nairaland is the internet house of all "Millipedes of internet", "Discontented blabbers"and "Unpatriotic douchbags"

Its a shame and saddening too, on how Grown-ups (Literates) spew and spit rubbish just in the name of being heard or having an opinion.

As churchill said : When the eagles are silent, The parrots begin to jabber.

Babylons oshi!!

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by solidman59(m): 10:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
tosynAB:

you be idiotic, the brain combination of your family is brainless to Soyinka's brain... so go sleep and think of your own tomorrow about what you can contribute to the country. what can make a great country like USA to over you a green card with free minded, Soyinka is a great man of a great Honor that have been experienced many... he can't do without think, he believe in his word not like you puppet, slowpoke....#rest my case.

RIP ENGLISH
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by tianshie(m): 10:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

You, sir, are a fool.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Antoeni(m): 11:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
fayose elder brother
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by tosynAB(m): 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
solidman59:

RIP ENGLISH
Why? does someone die out of your family?
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by logicab: 11:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pedagogue:

Many Soyinka haters are still reeling from his severe criticism of the GEJ regime! Interestingly, most of these people are from the region that are pained that Soyinka won the most prestigious Nobel price, which Prof Achebe could not! That is the REAL cause of their hateful comments.
I am "secretly" loving it. Maybe Uncle Wole will have a rethink, and regret his actions that led to his incarceration in the late 60s. Allying with them is an exercise in futility.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DIRTY GAME / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" / Love & Wisdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.