Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka (40116 Views)

"I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka / US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by SaffronSpice: 5:02am On Dec 06, 2016
otukpo:
Somebody should please advise Soyinka to stop ranting.
He is embarrassing himself.
He needs to set the record straight.
If not,these millipedes will soil his good name when he's no longer around.
He ran to the US and obtained a green card: now we know Jimmy Carter got it for him.
He would not come and enjoy the Change he brought on us: he is presently in the country.
He can't tear his greencard.He knows he would not he allowed into the US if he does that: we now know he once applied for an exiat etc.
Silence is not golden in this case.
Doing so will make them think & say they discomfitted him into silence.
Now they're pissed that he replies.They're angry that he denies them this rare chance to run their mouths without wiring their jaws shut.
Haha.You don't fire at Kongi with an half tank,bishes.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by SaffronSpice: 5:09am On Dec 06, 2016
MrPrsdent:
EXCUSE ME PLEASE....
1. Every ADULT who is granted a green card has to apply for one. Documents needs to be submitted, application needs to be filed and SIGNED BY THE APPLICANT/BENEFICIARY. Interviews take place ,either in the US or in the applicants' home country ,before permanent residency is granted. So NO ONE CAN GET A GREEN CARD FOR ANYONE. So if the Prof said Jimmy carter just went and got a green card for him. THAT"S A LIE.
2. Green Card is just a physical card representing your status of permanent residency in the U.S. If you tear it up or lose it, you can always get a replacement. It doesn't mean tearing it up is a loss of your permanent residency status. If the prof tore it up, he is still a permanent resident of the US and can always pay for a new card to be issued. Replacement cost is $365. Here is a US govt site where you apply for replacement green card. https://www.uscis.gov/i-90. BTW,there is no proof he ever tore it up.
3. The green card is mostly shown while entering the US from overseas. For day to day living in the US, you would seldom be asked to produce it. Because you will already have your social security number and state I.D/Driving licence. The state ID/social security links to your immigration status in the US,so the green card is not needed. That's what (I.D card/driving licence/SSN card) law enforcement or employers would ask you to show. So even if the Prof destroyed his green card, all he has to do is go to US immigration or US embassy overseas, present his Nigerian passport and they would check his details on the computer and fingerprints/photos, and stamp his passport with his green card details. That's all. He doesn't actually need the physical green card to enter or remain in the U.S.
4. The prof is most probably playing to the gallery. I'm sure he'd be back in the U.S within months. He's just traveling ,giving paid lectures and speeches overseas and pretending he's left the U.S once and for all.
Emory uni it is.Contact Jimmy Carter.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by uniklinkum(m): 5:30am On Dec 06, 2016
Majority of igbos on this forum are hordes of hating millipedes with there heads buried in their anus. To even know this man was imprisoned for their biafra cause, is mind troubling with the level of hate they spew at him. Anyways non in their neck of wood and generation dead, living and unborn will ever measure up to this man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Dicksonpal: 5:34am On Dec 06, 2016
lonelydora:
Bikonu! Let us all stop listening to this man.

An adage in my place says " if an adult do himself like rice, children go carry spoon dey run behind him in a bid to eat him"..
u knw they lack respect t in Ur place right smiley...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Dicksonpal: 5:35am On Dec 06, 2016
uniklinkum:
Majority of igbos on this forum are a hordes of hating millipedes with there heads buried in their anus. To even know this man was imprisoned for their biafra cause, is mind troubling with the level of hate they spew at him. Anyways non in their neck of wood and generation dead, living and unborn will ever measure up to this man.
brain
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by africanusvu(m): 5:37am On Dec 06, 2016
slurryeye2:
Reading comments from the 1st page you will realize why Soyinka is not happy with Nigerians. And we know the tribe most of these people come from. Since no one in their tribe has ever won a noble laureate before, they will have headache over Soyinka issue.

Now to all of your abusing Soyinka, mention your Papa name and let's compare his achievement to that of Soyinka. Or una papa no get name? Then if you are ashamed to mention your Papa name then keep shut and let prof be.
.Bros.i dnt realy knw d tribe u ar refering to.dnt even knw wat brought tribalism here.bt if if it is d tribe i av in mind u mean.then i need to educate u dat their son produced d fastest computer so far.one of theirs av same price in atomic physics.and u knw of one of dia daughters who av already made it big in literature.they dnt produce award wining cultist.they produce SCIENTISTS

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by slurryeye2: 5:51am On Dec 06, 2016
africanusvu:
.Bros.i dnt realy knw d tribe u ar refering to.dnt even knw wat brought tribalism here.bt if if it is d tribe i av in mind u mean.then i need to educate u dat their son produced d fastest computer so far.one of theirs av same price in atomic physics.and u knw of one of dia daughters who av already made it big in literature.they dnt produce award wining cultist.they produce SCIENTISTS

Why are you feeling so guilty? Which son produced the fastest computer? Hope he's not the scammer I'm thinking about? And who won Nobel laureate in atomic physics? I guess we are in different worlds. And talking about the daughter, I respect her so much but she is not yet up to prof level.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by slurryeye2: 5:55am On Dec 06, 2016
SaffronSpice:

He needs to set the record straight.
If not,these millipedes will soil his good name when he's no longer around.
He ran to the US and obtained a green card: now we know Jimmy Carter got it for him.
He would not come and enjoy the Change he brought on us: he is presently in the country.
He can't tear his greencard.He knows he would not he allowed into the US if he does that: we now know he once applied for an exiat etc.
Silence is not golden in this case.
Doing so will make them think & say they discomfitted him into silence.
Now they're pissed that he replies.They're angry that he denies them this rare chance to run their mouths without wiring their jaws shut.
Haha.You don't fire at Kongi with an half tank,bishes.

I have said it before, and I will keep saying it again, the prof has shown to be the man of his words by leaving America immediately Trump got elected. He owns no one any further explanation. A man at the age of 82 have nothing to proof to these toddlers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by repogirl(f): 6:04am On Dec 06, 2016
Soyinka, all this one na blab...you are just blabbing. Na only you call press conference, na only you talk sey you go tear Greencard. Abi did we force you? You made it our business when you announced to us .

Anyway, not really surprised since you have joined the promise and fail crew.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:25am On Dec 06, 2016
huntila:
I think it's his property and his life .whatever he chose to do,should be his business. People should learn to mind their business
I guess people would definitely have minded their business if he kept such "personal" issues ti himself at the time. But no, he chose to make it public thinking, like majority of the world, Mrs Clinton would win.

@ topic: personally, I think at this point Baba is just embarrassing himself. I am actually surprised that he is going on and on about this and giving more avenue to fuel this fire. Carry your Foundation out of the country if you will sir. It hasn't benefited me in any way in the past and I doubt it will do so in the future.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Adebowale89(m): 6:32am On Dec 06, 2016
Prof Soyinka shud knw that "omo ti won ba bi're kan, ko ni je ba won bu agbalagba

awon omo alayiniran lo nbu yi sir and isn't their fault, Eni ti o ni iru Eni, o le mo iyi Eni

most of your haters sef no get job, so don't blame them, na wetin buhari reduce their brain to, you dey see sir...

.awon omo irankiran

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by slurryeye2: 6:32am On Dec 06, 2016
repogirl:
Soyinka, all this one na blab...you are just blabbing. Na only you call press conference, na only you talk sey you go tear Greencard. Abi did we force you? You made it our business when you announced to us .

Anyway, not really surprised since you have joined the promise and fail crew.

How did he fail you? Didn't you hear him say he will leave their country for them once Trump is elected. Saying he will tear the green card was symbolical. A man of Soyinka status doesn't need to call the media when he wants to get rid of his green card, and he owes you millipedes no explanation. The most important thing was that he left the country as he promised, and if you have issue with that you can hug the closest transformer. Least I forget, can you drop your Papa name and let's make some comparison in achievements

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by repogirl(f): 6:42am On Dec 06, 2016
uniklinkum:

So speaking to students in the confine of his class is calling press conference?? Some of us are just better of as semmmen flushed down the loo.
shut up. It was a seminar and there happened to be press crew there if not the story wouldn't have gotten out.

Still he should keep to his words or is this what he is teaching his students, to say a thing and do another? Who forced him to make such a statement to the public. A statement which he is defending and trying to justify by all means when people have long since moved on. It's definitely a guilty conscience eating at him or he would still be this bothered.

Now he is threatening to move his foundation from Nigeria like it would affect the plight of the average Nigerian. The real reason he is moving is probably because of the tough economic situation the country is going through but who even cares if he moves it wherever?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by repogirl(f): 6:49am On Dec 06, 2016
slurryeye2:

How did he fail you? Didn't you hear him say he will leave their country for them once Trump is elected. Saying he will tear the green card was symbolical. A man of Soyinka status doesn't need to call the media when he wants to get rid of his green card, and he owes you millipedes no explanation. The most important thing was that he left the country as he promised, and if you have issue with that you can hug the closest transformer. Least I forget, can you drop your Papa name and let's make some comparison in achievements
All these soyinka warriors that are defending him Upandan sef. So now it has become symbolical, lol!

Please ask your soyinka to take his achievements and clean both his and your asses with them cos it doesn't Epp me. Also tell him to move on from the tearing of Greencard saga because we all have. He has shown himself to say a thing and do another and that's all we see, not all this blabbing that he is doing.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:55am On Dec 06, 2016
repogirl:
shut up. It was a seminar and there happened to be press crew there if not the story wouldn't have gotten out.

Still he should keep to his words or is this what he is teaching his students, to say a thing and do another? Who forced him to make such a statement to the public. A statement which he is defending and trying to justify by all means when people have long since moved on. It's definitely a guilty conscience eating at him or he would still be this bothered.

Now he is threatening to move his foundation from Nigeria like it would affect the plight of the average Nigerian. The real reason he is moving is probably because of the tough economic situation the country is going through but who even cares if he moves it wherever?

Finally, since you seem to know so much about being irrelevant to humanity, tie a noose and go hang yourself on a plantain tree somewhere. Fool.
Bless you sis. You couldn't have said it any better. Everyone should just move on and he should stop calling press conferences. The story will die a natural death. He made a promise. For reasons best known to him (which may be personal), he couldn't go through with it. No biggie. Everyone should just move on jare

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by ultimate73(m): 6:55am On Dec 06, 2016
Why is this man acting like an educated illiterate

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by vikyno(m): 7:14am On Dec 06, 2016
rapistomenka:
Somebody should pleas get prof a wife cheesy cheesy cheesy

Only an erection and subsequent ejaculation can calm his body down cheesy cheesy

Jimmy Carter gave you your green card and you accepted it with both hands and ran in a neck-breaking speed to America

please give this man a break. As if u would not crawl or work on your knees to get it if you are offered one.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Ghost01(m): 7:20am On Dec 06, 2016
WS don vex. He exercised his freedom of speech and we did the same. So what's the fuss about?

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by akilo1: 7:27am On Dec 06, 2016
all these primary sch pupil in this forum should shut the fu*ck up.what do u kniw about soyinka?this man won't have any hassle going into any country.he stood firm and fight for the nation but the iliterate ones are here insulting his personality.nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by LorDBolton(m): 7:32am On Dec 06, 2016
sapele914:
Mumudey it is quite obvious,when others were studying history where were you or which secondary or high school did you attend?must you comment and show your ignorance?the scripture says a fool when quite is even thought to be clever.

Lols u that know the history, teach me na.

Lemme embarrass u.

I can bet my last buck... YOU NEVER ACTUALLY SAT IN A HISTORY CLASS.

So tell me or STFU!
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by repogirl(f): 7:37am On Dec 06, 2016
uniklinkum:

I am definitely a fool with the IQ of a retarded trisomy, the recession on my neck of wood is also having affecting my grey matter?? No one living, dead or unborn in my entire lineage will ever measure up to his shoelaces.

Lol no amount of grammar, meaningless and pointless words will make them dash you Nobel laureate....except it's Nairaland Nobel laureate you are gunning for....even then all this rubbish you jumbled up together, which is probably only understood by you will not even win you a politics section award.

You obviously need yo consult professional help cos from what you wrote there, this is your cry for help. Lol. Better yet, just use a noose, will ya? You would be doing yourself, your family and the whole world a favour even though noone would miss your presence .

And since you know your Soyinka is supposed to be a Nobel laureate, advice him to begin acting like one and not a bumbling fool who keeps digging himself deeper into the trenches he is failing to cover up.

4 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by emi14: 7:53am On Dec 06, 2016
Prof. Pa Wole Soyinka With due respect/what you represent get yourself together. You are too loud and vulgar this days. Every dick and harry knows your achievements . You decried to drop your green card at the victory of Trump. Yes is a personal decision as you rightly said ; some decisions are not made public once you do peoples reactions cannot be subdued. Why must a noble man of your calibre call people illiterates, that is Yoruba mentality, always note that you brought yourself to disgrace.

Whatever price tag you hang on your neck so shall people price and value you.

Jimmy carter or Abraham Lincoln gave you green card at will without your knowledge and consent..hmmmm.... Without due process? Without your thumb or fingerprints or signature. Jimmy Carter provided your personal data or details...nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by huntila(m): 7:57am On Dec 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

I guess people would definitely have minded their business if he kept such "personal" issues ti himself at the time. But no, he chose to make it public thinking, like majority of the world, Mrs Clinton would win.

@ topic: personally, I think at this point Baba is just embarrassing himself. I am actually surprised that he is going on and on about this and giving more avenue to fuel this fire. Carry your Foundation out of the country if you will sir. It hasn't benefited me in any way in the past and I doubt it will do so in the future.

He has his flaws definitely. But that statement was first made at a gathering with no press, no audio, no video to a group of people. My thought is for example, You address set of people or colleagues at work and before you know it gets to the press and boom, Social media.
Trump himself tried suing for comments he made and did not know he was recorded .

But I still stand that his property, his card and his passport. He decides not to tear, Good. Reason why there is so much noise is because he is a public figure. And we all are humans and we make errors.

All the American Stars who threatened to leave America if Trump won have not left . Lady Gaga ,Roberto De Niro and co

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by jce(f): 8:01am On Dec 06, 2016

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by thesicilian: 8:08am On Dec 06, 2016
Burgerlomo:

To be candid with you, I don't expect all this ranting from Prof, as a matter of fact the man fall my hand big time unbelievable
I'm a big fan of his also, but I too have been greatly disappointed of late.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by thesicilian: 8:10am On Dec 06, 2016
Rossikki:

HE HAS A RIGHT TO BE DISGUSTED AT THE ELECTION OF A RACIST, IGNORANT, UNQUALIFIED, WARMONGERING, DANGEROUS DEMAGOGUE AS THE US PRESIDENT.

[s] JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE SO FILLED WITH INFERIORITY COMPLEX THAT YOU CANNOT IMAGINE CHALLENGING OR QUESTIONING ANYTHING 'WHITE' DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD EXPECT WOLE SOYINKA TO BE A SLAVE LIKE YOU. UNDERSTOOD? HE'S WAY ABOVE YOUR LEVEL INTELLECTUALLY, SO SEES THINGS VERY DIFFERENT FROM A PERSON LIKE YOU WHO CANNOT SEE OR THINK BEYOND HIS NEXT MEAL. [/s]
I was ready to take you up on an intellectual discussion until I saw the struck out part of your comment...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DIRTY GAME / Love & Wisdom / Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.