Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. (70921 Views)

A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why / Mysteries About Snakes / 20 Myths About Snakes That Will Blow Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Fundango: 2:46pm On Dec 07, 2016
Explorers:
57. The African spitting cobra can spit venom over 8 feet away.

It can spit from any position, including lying on the ground or raised up. It prefers to aim for its victim’s eye.
seems like such kind of snake venom can cause permanent blindness to their victims.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by laiza(m): 2:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
uzolexis:

From your comment, it's obvious you don't understand the statement "immune to their own venom". It means the venom of another snake is harmful to them even if the snake is from the same species but their own venom can't harm them i.e the venom of snake A can't harm snake A but the venom of snake B can harm snake A....comprende
Really wink are you 100% sure that's what the writer intended? And hope you know they are two different things right! From my own point of view and small mind I believed the writer meant snakes in general are immune to the venom of their kind.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2016
But u got lovely eyes angry
UniQuegrACE:
care for what shocked shocked shocked,i so much hate snakes,it irks me even when i see it in movies and i'm very sure i wont have a sound sleep tonight cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by laiza(m): 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
Fundango:
seems like such kind of snake venom can cause permanent blindness to their victims.
Not permanent blindness. It is a form of defensive mechanism. It can cause temporary blindness, giving the snake opportunity to escape.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by VastFinder: 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
That Man deserve a Pogba's Jersey.. with a fresh p*ssy and star lagger bear...
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by laiza(m): 2:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
1990news:
I was bitten by a cobra and anaconda same night, and they both died.

The following day, I was strolling in the jungle, then a big python saw me and ran away.

What a genius I am.
Cobras aren't found the same place Anacondas live. The Anaconda help reduce pest and large rodents, the cobra on the other hand might wipe out the Anacondas.
Pythons don't run from humans, they're like pets. An African rock Python might even try to make a meal out of you. Cobras are worse, they can chase you when provoked. If you were dreaming, I implore you to pls wake up. It's a bad omen.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Ofemmanu1: 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
Explorers:
53. Because snakes shed their skin, they are often symbols of rebirth, transformation, and healing.
Wrong!
It was because of Moses and the Isrealites.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Ofemmanu1: 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2016
Explorers:
55. In 2009, a farm worker in Kenya survived an epic 3-hour battle with a 12-foot python after accidentally stepping on the large snake.

It coiled around the man and carried him into a tree. The man wrapped his shirt over the snake’s mouth to prevent it from swallowing him, and he was finally rescued by police after calling for help on his cell phone.
You didn't finish the story..
Actually, no man could escape such constrictor cos it grabs one from the limp and coils; it's such a damn fate.
The kenyan man had bitten the python, which made the python to relax the coils before the man could pull shirt on it's head till police arrived.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 07, 2016
no one seems to talk about the diamond back rattle snake
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Ofemmanu1: 3:16pm On Dec 07, 2016
Explorers:

Lol....I dont know o, just read somewhere on the source that it improves sexual performance & reduces chance hypertension.
Eating venomous snakes detoxifies the body, it boost human immune system and reduces hypertention.
It also give you a sunscreen skin.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by lionlee216(m): 3:18pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

You didn't finish the story..
Actually, no man could escape such constrictor cos it grabs one from the limp and coils; it's such a damn fate.
The kenyan man bitten the python, which made the python to relax the coils before the man could pull shirt on it's head till police arrived.

Can I get link to the story or how do I google it?

Thsnks
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Ofemmanu1: 3:19pm On Dec 07, 2016
knostbrown01:
if they are immune to their venom, why would a snake bite itself to death when attack by group of ants, i have witnessed and heard that on several occassion
Ants venom can kill a snake and it's possible for a snake to commit suicide.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
The world’s longest venomous snake is the king cobra from Asia. It can grow up to 18 feet, rear almost as high as a person, growl loudly, and inject enough venom to kill an elephant.
--dis is a damn lie!!..ntin y'all r gonna say dat il make me blive dis..an elephant?
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
Fundango:

Yes, if there no medical attention.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Ofemmanu1: 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
lionlee216:

Can I get link to the story or how do I google it?
Thsnks
Sure, he bite the fckin python.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7999909.stm
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
laiza:

Not permanent blindness. It is a form of defensive mechanism. It can cause temporary blindness, giving the snake opportunity to escape.

It can if there's no medical attention.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Ofemmanu1: 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2016
Oreoo:

The world’s longest venomous snake is the king cobra from Asia. It can grow up to 18 feet, rear almost as high as a person, growl loudly, and inject enough venom to kill an elephant.
--dis is a damn lie!!..ntin y'all r gonna say dat il make me blive dis..an elephant?

ahahaha!
Sh!t happens.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Charlesdock(m): 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
I just don't know why I like snakes. Can't forget how I waited for years before seeing a life snake back in 2011. grin Those creatures are cold blooded but they it is rare for them to attack humans except threatened unlike humans who will do the reverse anytime
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
op dah one u said about cobra snake killing elephants is not true..not true pls ..elephants do nt havr snake antivenom lik swines and moongoose but a single cobra bite would do harm to it..its just lik u sewing pin piercing you on ur skin to them elephants ..may b lik 15+ cobras stand a chance wit continuous bites to kill a full grown elephants ..U have tries op but dont mislead us wrongly ..i drop my pen
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by aviazuva: 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2016
Please can snakes bite under water ?
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2016
aviazuva:
Please can snakes bite under water ?
of course bro..water snakes.anacondas dem
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2016
Oreoo:
of course bro..water snakes.anacondas dem
sorry sef .anacondas dont have teeeth
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Kingbuhari(m): 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2016
Op lala is going to sue you for defamation
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Omololu007(m): 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2016
laiza:
Cobras aren't found the same place Anacondas live. The Anaconda help reduce pest and large rodents, the cobra on the other hand might wipe out the Anacondas.
Pythons don't run from humans, they're like pets. An African rock Python might even try to make a meal out of you. Cobras are worse, they can chase you when provoked. If you were dreaming, I implore you to pls wake up. It's a bad omen.
you mean cobras can kill anaconda?
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Omololu007(m): 3:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
ahahaha! Sh!t happens.
can cobras kill anaconda,boa or a pyton?
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Ofemmanu1: 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2016
Omololu007:
can cobras kill anaconda,boa or a pyton?
Yes, Cobras will wipe em not venomous giants off.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Yes, Cobras will wipe em not venomous giants off.
i wouldnt say ur right or wrong cos i nt too sure but really i doubt wat u jusr said
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by 1990news: 4:01pm On Dec 07, 2016
laiza:

I was shot twice, and the bullet turned to sand.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by notoriousbabe: 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
I am sure lala wroted this thread
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by OlujobaSamuel: 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Sure, he bite the fckin python..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7999909.stm
those police no serious at al, the snake later escaped, why was it kept in the first place sef?
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by FakoMaybach1: 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
make una well done oooo in fact ekare...i was on my own jeje una bring this toipic come and foolish me i want to learn i go click

Now i am highly irritated even my shoelace be like cobra to me...thank God i am still single if my Bae touch me in this state i fit jump nod her eye ooo

The person wey create this thread ....i for swear for u but u did a good job now if i see a snake dead or alive i go run pass terry G but do a better job post videos of a snake that bit something hours after the head was chopped off

Chai i wonder why God allowed the dodo to go extinct but snakes still dey, after them help pursue us commot from the garden of Eden, isnt it time we as humans had our revenge?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Gemc3(f): 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2016
Peacetemi:
Nairaland should create a section for Explorers

I agree. Every time I come across his post, i learn something new

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rain Falls In Form Of Ice In Enugu Today(photos) / Talented Boy Manufactures ATM That Dispenses Cash In Imo State (Video) / Free Internet Browsing Using Your-freedom Client

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.