Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,885 members, 7,798,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. (70877 Views)

A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why / Mysteries About Snakes / 20 Myths About Snakes That Will Blow Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by mecussey(m): 10:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
Explorers:
23. Some snakes have over 200 teeth. The teeth aren’t used for chewing but they point backward to prevent prey from escaping the snake’s throat.

Not all snakes have fangs only those that kill their prey with venom have them.

When their fangs are not in use, they fold them back into the roof of the mouth (except for the coral snake, whose fangs do not fold back).

Snakes cannot chew, so they must swallow their food whole.

They are able to stretch their mouths very wide(160) because they have a very flexible lower jaw.

Snakes can swallow other animals that are 75%–100% bigger than their own bodies.

A snake’s fangs usually last about 6–10 weeks.

When a fang wears out, a new one grows in its place.

So evolution decided that snake should not chew and put the teaths backward. Its sound so foolish when someone says there is no creator.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by UnlimitedIfex(m): 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2016
FakoMaybach1:
make una well done oooo in fact ekare...i was on my own jeje una bring this toipic come and foolish me i want to learn i go click

Now i am highly irritated even my shoelace be like cobra to me...thank God i am still single if my Bae touch me in this state i fit jump nod her eye ooo

The person wey create this thread ....i for swear for u but u did a good job now if i see a snake dead or alive i go run pass terry G but do a better job post videos of a snake that bit something hours after the head was chopped off

Chai i wonder why God allowed the dodo to go extinct but snakes still dey, after them help pursue us commot from the garden of Eden, isnt it time we as humans had our revenge?
I tink u re right 4 humans 2 go 4 revenge against snake. Bt guy try kill one king cobra 2 make a point n also move d anti-snake campagn 2 anoda level.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by FakoMaybach1: 12:38am On Dec 08, 2016
UnlimitedIfex:

I tink u re right 4 humans 2 go 4 revenge against snake. Bt guy try kill one king cobra 2 make a point n also move d anti-snake campagn 2 anoda level.

Bring em on...i was bitten by a gaboon viper when i was 6 years old....After 3 hours of serious and excruciating pain The Viper Died
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 08, 2016
jaybillionaire:
But u got lovely eyes angry
thank you smiley
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 08, 2016
Rockyrascal:
did it shock you grin
yeah, it did

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 08, 2016
Tallesty1:
well, I didn't know you hate snakes when i was making the arrangements.
cheesy funny you
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by UnlimitedIfex(m): 11:10am On Dec 08, 2016
FakoMaybach1:

Bring em on...i was bitten by a gaboon viper when i was 6 years old....After 3 hours of serious and excruciating pain The Viper Died
I dea craze make i bring them on. I don't want 2 b charge 4 murder. If only pic of snake fit make u feel irritated, what more if u c a life one. If what u type about d gaboon viper is true, then i must say u re lucky.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by UrennaNkoli(f): 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
sod09:
rattle snake is one d most dangerous ND aggressive .
pigs are also immune to snake bite
female anaconda can kill it's partner after mating
Pigs are not necessarily immune to snake bites. They have a thick layer of skin and adipose tissue which makes it a bit difficult for venom to go down the blood stream... Its a 50/50 thing.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by sod09(m): 5:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
UrennaNkoli:

Pigs are not necessarily immune to snake bites. They have a thick layer of skin and adipose tissue which makes it a bit difficult for venom to go down the blood stream... Its a 50/50 thing.
no day av excess fats instead of blood
venom deals with blood...
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by UrennaNkoli(f): 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
sod09:
no day av excess fats instead of blood
venom deals with blood...
Oga what did I say, what are you saying? What is adipose tissue what is fat? undecided
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by sod09(m): 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
UrennaNkoli:

Oga what did I say, what are you saying? What is adipose tissue what is fat? undecided
sorry I'm a lame man
I don't do well with medical terminology
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by udatso: 9:58am On Dec 09, 2016
Can't remember the last time I read all pages of a thread. Thanks explorers for the info. Keep it up
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by laiza(m): 11:05am On Dec 09, 2016
Omololu007:
you mean cobras can kill anaconda?
Yes. Cobras have very deadly poisons which could be fatal to the Anaconda. They can swallow them though. But king cobras can swallow small Anaconda snakes.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by bonetalk(m): 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
following, I'm sure I'm gonna follow it to the end. very educative
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Daniyomex(m): 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
I so much detest snakes that I couldn't sleep again one fateful midnight like that my Bro. woke me to come and join him in killing a snake. I don't sleep with light on but dt dey, na all the chargeable lamps in the house I gathered into my room. Got into this thread around 7pm yday, had to adjourned the reading till later in the afternoon when I spotted the first picture. I quickly run commot Kudos To You Explorer, I Am An Ardent Follower Of Ur Thread.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Tejiriseth(m): 2:39am On Jan 25, 2019
No animal is immune to snake bites, but pigs have a thicker layer of skin than most animals. ... According to the
findings, pig skin necrotized at the same rate of human skin when snake venom was injected. With that being said, a pig's reaction to a snake bite largely depends on the pig itself.
sod09:
rattle snake is one d most dangerous ND aggressive .
pigs are also immune to snake bite
female anaconda can kill it's partner after mating
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by sod09(m): 5:37am On Jan 25, 2019
Tejiriseth:
No animal is immune to snake bites, but pigs have a thicker layer of skin than most animals. ... According to the
findings, pig skin necrotized at the same rate of human skin when snake venom was injected. With that being said, a pig's reaction to a snake bite largely depends on the pig itself.
there's this small animal that feeds on snakes too
Mongoose
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Tejiriseth(m): 5:26am On Jan 26, 2019
Yeah.
I know that animal..
"The mongoose's acetylcholine receptors render them resistant or immune to
snake venom. ... And so, one of the
snake's main ammunition, its venom is
almost useless against a mongoose. The
mongooses successfully dodge their
strikes and kill them.".

They also have thick skin...
Thats why they dodge.. The snake can still harm them small
sod09:
there's this small animal that feeds on snakes too
Mongoose
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by tck2000(m): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
Peacetemi:
Nairaland should create a section for Explorers
lol
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by tronjon: 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
Did you know there's an island off the coast of Brazil called Snake Island?

It's so dangerous that Brazilian authorities don't even allow people to go to it unless there are special circumstances. The island is called Ilha da Queimada Grande, and it's home to what is thought to be one of the most dangerous and venomous snakes in the world.

There are only about 2-4 thousand of these snakes in existence, and their venom is said to literally melt human skin.

Source:

https://happyserpent.com/snake-profile/golden-lancehead-viper/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fear As Goat Allegedly Gives Birth To Half-human In Kwara / Rain Falls In Form Of Ice In Enugu Today(photos) / Talented Boy Manufactures ATM That Dispenses Cash In Imo State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.