Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,753 members, 7,806,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... (2381 Views)

A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by janefrancisca(f): 12:39am On Dec 06, 2016
This is my first time of creating a topic on nairaland...so pardon my little flaws. a friend of mine is avin issues in her matrimonial home and her husband is insisting he will take away their little son who is just a year and three months from d mum and keep him in d village wit his mum who is down with partial stroke and his elder sis who is in her late 50s and unmarried in the village. Now my friend is insisting that she must go wit her baby and she is pregnant wit d second child whom the husband is saying he is not the father. Since my friend got married to the man, it has been from one problem to anoda. Most times he goes out without dropping food money for her and her baby and wen she complains, he will tel her to go and meet her wealthy father and if she insists on collecting d money, the next thing he does is to beat her up. Anytime she visits her parents and comes home, he will pick a fight wit her and tell her d worst her father can do is to lock him up. He calls her a prostitute and says all kind of demeaning words to her. Two months ago, she called and said she is fed up but I begged her to just tolerate. Today the husband called her and said he is fed up that they shud both part ways but he is leaving with his son and my friend is saying she will never leave her son...wot advice do I give my friend? plz ur contributions are needed urgently.
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by SexyNairalander: 12:44am On Dec 06, 2016
modern day marriage

am even scared of getting married sef with all this news. . .you see couple happy this month and next month they turn to enermies

abeg any woman that will give me headache let God direct her to her real husband

9 Likes

Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by braine(m): 12:54am On Dec 06, 2016
OP, you are painting the man to be the bad guy here.Remember Newton's law that says 'every action brings about equal but opposite reaction'. Tell us more about your friend and what she does to the man first.

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by KevMitnick: 1:14am On Dec 06, 2016
So her father is wealthy? Poor guy is tired of the humiliation from her family. It's unfortunate that he couldn't take a stand for himself earlier than now. Gentlemen, this is what happens when you marry a spoilt rich girl from a controlling family, they'll drive you to the edge of darkness. Better to separate than to commit murder.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Phut(f): 3:26am On Dec 06, 2016
janefrancisca:
This is my first time of creating a topic on nairaland...so pardon my little flaws. a friend of mine is avin issues in her matrimonial home and her husband is insisting he will take away their little son who is just a year and three months from d mum and keep him in d village wit his mum who is down with partial stroke and his elder sis who is in her late 50s and unmarried in the village. Now my friend is insisting that she must go wit her baby and she is pregnant wit d second child whom the husband is saying he is not the father. Since my friend got married to the man, it has been from one problem to anoda. Most times he goes out without dropping food money for her and her baby and wen she complains, he will tel her to go and meet her wealthy father and if she insists on collecting d money, the next thing he does is to beat her up. Anytime she visits her parents and comes home, he will pick a fight wit her and tell her d worst her father can do is to lock him up. He calls her a prostitute and says all kind of demeaning words to her. Two months ago, she called and said she is fed up but I begged her to just tolerate. Today the husband called her and said he is fed up that they shud both part ways but he is leaving with his son and my friend is saying she will never leave her son...wot advice do I give my friend? plz ur contributions are needed urgently.
Two months ago she told you she was fed up and you asked Her to tolerate. Tolerate gini?
You, OP are the architect of your "friends" misfortune.
She remained indecisive. Well, her husband has taken the decision out of her hand. Behold the decision has now been made for her. He is now fed. I can bet that of that man kicks her out a hundred times, she is always going to go back as long as he lets her.
Why do people like wasting other people's time? You want us to run helter skelter, give you all the advice in the world - only for you to summarily, discard it in the trash?

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by southernbelle(f): 5:19am On Dec 06, 2016
The man is looking for a way to hurt her more that's why he's threatening to take the kid from her. She should involve her family and other authorities. She will definitely get custody of the child.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Nutase: 6:23am On Dec 06, 2016
She can use the courts to win custody of her son since he is still a baby.
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Viking007(m): 7:20am On Dec 06, 2016
So Your friend is the perfect house wife with no blame whatsoever, while the husband is the monster? Ok.

Well, we still have courts in Nigeria, if she wants to keep her son.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Acidosis(m): 7:39am On Dec 06, 2016
There's nothing you can do about your friend's marriage. She needs to inform her parents so they can intervene.

Also and most importantly, ensure she meets her premarital wedding shoot photographer for a refund. For every marriage that crashes, photographers must make refunds for luring and deceiving photo-freaks with graphical and over-the-counter excitements.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by uairaland: 7:59am On Dec 06, 2016
braine:
OP, you are painting the man to be the bad guy here.Remember Newton's law that says 'every action brings about equal but opposite reaction'. Tell us more about your friend and what she does to the man first.

yes oh. she is beauty and he is the beast.
the devil opened the man's head and jumped inside and he just woke up overnight and started beating and cussing and calling her a hoe.

paint the perfect image.
i wish the husband's friend can come and post the husband's part of the story

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by sunvick(m): 8:15am On Dec 06, 2016
LOL!!!
You are clown I swear. Seek refund indeed.

Acidosis:
There's nothing you can do about your friend's marriage. She needs to inform her parents so they can intervene.

Also and most importantly, ensure she meets her premarital wedding shoot photographer for a refund. For every marriage that crashes, photographers must make refunds for luring and deceiving photo-freaks with graphical and over-the-counter excitements.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by eyinjuege: 10:31am On Dec 06, 2016
Neither of them wants the marriage anymore, and things can only just get worse if anyone tries to force it.
The child is still young, and it doesn't make sense giving the child to a sick aged grandma or an aunt in her 50s who's also still hustling when the child's mother is alive and not incapacitated.
The child is better off with his mother since the father feels he can't be the primary care giver to his child. The mother should do all within her power to keep her child with her.
I hope she's equally working, as its going to be a tough journey ahead, regardless if her parents are rich. I also hope her family are supportive, and can help with childcare when she goes out to hustle.

The main concern is the care of those children.
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by eyinjuege: 10:39am On Dec 06, 2016
Viking007:
So Your friend is the perfect house wife with no blame whatsoever, while the husband is the monster? Ok.

Well, we still have courts in Nigeria, if she wants to keep her son.

Unless of course the wife is lying about her husband beating her, there's no justification for assault on anyone.
Even if the wife was the laziest, dirtiest living prostitute on earth why not just divorce her and part ways?
Why assault her?
Will it still be acceptable for a wife to use pestle or scalding hot water on a useless/laziest irresponsible womaniser of a man?
Please let's all learn to speak out against violence. Violence is never the answer.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Viking007(m): 11:13am On Dec 06, 2016
eyinjuege:

Unless of course the wife is lying about her husband beating her, there's no justification for assault on anyone.
Even if the wife was the laziest, dirtiest living prostitute on earth why not just divorce her and part ways?
Why assault her?
Will it still be acceptable for a wife to use pestle or scalding hot water on a useless/laziest irresponsible womaniser of a man?
Please let's all learn to speak out against violence. Violence is never the answer.

I never supported or justified assault on anyone. Like I said: She should just get a divorce.
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Mimzyy(f): 11:26am On Dec 06, 2016
Not again!
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Mimzyy(f): 11:29am On Dec 06, 2016
Viking007:

I never supported or justified assault on anyone. Like I said: She should just get a divorce.

How about giving him a break first? Counselling? Divorce straight up kwa?
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Viking007(m): 11:40am On Dec 06, 2016
Mimzyy:

How about giving him a break first? Counselling? Divorce straight up kwa?
Husband said "he is fed up wants full custody of his kids"
I dunno how "counseling" will settle this.

Besides, from the Op's description, the wife is a saint who is so unlucky to marry a 'demon'.
My advice still remains the same: get a divorce & be free.
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Mimzyy(f): 11:43am On Dec 06, 2016
Viking007:

Husband said "he is fed up wants full custody of his kids"
I dunno how "counseling" will settle this.

Besides, from the Op's description, the wife is a saint who is unlucky to marry a "demon".
My advice still remains the same: get a divorce & be free.

Let them even try to fix it first. Divorce can be considered when all other options fail. They both have parents, don't they? The man might not be entirely at fault. Something may have triggered his sudden beast-like attitude.

Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by JoeBlocks(m): 11:46am On Dec 06, 2016
Mimzyy:

Let them even try to fix it first. Divorce can be considered when all other options fail.

There are some things that don't next fixing.

No matter how a broken glass is fixed. The signs that it's broken will show.
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Viking007(m): 11:49am On Dec 06, 2016
Acidosis:

1000 likes. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by JoeBlocks(m): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2016
janefrancisca:
Easier said than done. He beats her, abuse her verbally, insults her parents, family and even say he's not the father of their child. Hmmm.

Indeed, this is the sign of the Biblical hand writing on the wall.
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Mimzyy(f): 11:59am On Dec 06, 2016
JoeBlocks:
There are some things that don't next fixing.

No matter how a broken glass is fixed. The signs that it's broken will show.

God forbid this, if you had an accident and the bones in your legs got smashed. The doctor proceeds to tell you that you have two options.

1. To walk with a crutch all your life and also put you on daily medications.
2. To have your legs amputated completely.

Whic of these would you pick?
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by JoeBlocks(m): 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mimzyy:

God forbid this, if you had an accident and the bones in your legs got smashed. The doctor proceeds to tell you that you have two options.

1. To walk with a crutch all your life and also put you on daily medications.
2. To have your legs amputated completely.

Whic of these would you pick?
It varies my dear. Bodily damage can not be the same with emotional damage. It's two different things.

I'm sure you know there are two types of pain: internal and external. While both scar and heal, internal pain takes much longer to heal.

So, if you damage a man's legs or body parts, it can be fixed, and if you damage a man's mind or heart, now fixing that is something else entirely.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Mimzyy(f): 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
Will it suffice to say that true love doesn't exist anymore then? Love forgives remember?

JoeBlocks:
It varies my dear. Bodily damage can not be the same with emotional damage. It's two different things.

I'm sure you know there are two types of pain: internal and external. While both scar and heal, internal pain takes much longer to heal.

So, if you damage a man's legs or body parts, it can be fixed, and if you damage a man's mind or heart, now fixing that is something else entirely.
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by JoeBlocks(m): 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mimzyy:
Will it suffice to say that true love doesn't exist anymore then? Love forgives remember?

Oh true love exist all right. It's just that it's hidden, well hidden and it's hard to find. Remember it's hard to locate a good egg in a basket full of bad eggs?

Babe, there are some things that true love can and will never forgive. That's a fact!.
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
Another story that touch.
if her hubby wants to take her son away, she can go the legal route.
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by Mimzyy(f): 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Oh true love exist all right. It's just that it's hidden, well hidden and it's hard to find. Remember it's hard to locate a good egg in a basket full of bad eggs?

Babe, there are some things that true love can and will never forgive. That's a fact!.

I hear you grin
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by JoeBlocks(m): 1:23pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mimzyy:

I hear you grin
Come closer so you'll hear clearly. grin
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by ElsonMorali: 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
Well we have heard your friend's side of the story by proxy, how about the husband's side of the story

I know that some men are worse than beasts, but it's a hard sell that the woman is completely innocent, especially as the man is rejecting the unborn foetus.

Whatever the case, let your friend involve her lawyer and sue for custody of the child.

It will help if she can covertly record her husband telling her how he plans to send the poor kid to the village, and then use the recording in court.(if it's allowed).
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by dayleke: 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
Why would he say,"the worst" the father in law can do is lock him up....
There is something more to it...
There could have been threats before the final straw....
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by janefrancisca(f): 9:37am On Dec 07, 2016
KevMitnick:
So her father is wealthy? Poor guy is tired of the humiliation from her family. It's unfortunate that he couldn't take a stand for himself earlier than now. Gentlemen, this is what happens when you marry a spoilt rich girl from a controlling family, they'll drive you to the edge of darkness. Better to separate than to commit murder.
My friend, I can proudly say without holding water in my mouth that her father is one of the most humble man av ever met in my life. The father didn't even know dey were having issues up until dis moment. He is not just comfortable with the fact that she is from a wealthy home.
Re: Help! My Friend Is In A Fix... by janefrancisca(f): 9:40am On Dec 07, 2016
dayleke:
Why would he say,"the worst" the father in law can do is lock him up....
There is something more to it...
There could have been threats before the final straw....
There was never any threat from anybody...

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Agony Of A Young Married Woman – Can I Ever Love And Trust Him Again / The End Of Marriage As We Know It / Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.