Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. (19253 Views)

Lady Removes Her Slippers At Diamond Bank In Abia Before Entering Inside (Photos / NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas / Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by holluwai(m): 8:19am On Dec 06, 2016
Have you wondered why garri is expensive and has been for a while now?

SuperS1Panther:
This is a step in the right direction.

Is rice our natural staple food in Africa? How many countries have embraced our Garri, Cocoyam etc?

FG please keep resetting our brains.
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by curvilicious: 8:19am On Dec 06, 2016
Barn here, barn there. Make all necessary arrangements, make sure we are robust on a commodity before you barn.
You don't just barn without competable replacement.

This man go school at all?
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by talk4free: 8:19am On Dec 06, 2016
MrEverest:
I just dey watch the dullard in 3D. Propaganda can never be a substitute to good governance. Audu Ogbe is just talking trash, read between the lines and you would discover that this nothing but a load of TRASH meant to give the impression that they are working even when reality shows otherwise. Nigerians should stop being gullible!
So what exactly do you suggest?

4 Likes

Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by grownaira: 8:19am On Dec 06, 2016
Buy 9ja, grow naira.
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 06, 2016
The combo of dumb buhari & d.aft ogbe are yet to produce a grain/alternative, yet they keep baning! Powerdrunk simpletons!! 2019 where art thou?
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by Jobsdome: 8:22am On Dec 06, 2016
ibietela2:
Rice is not even sufficient for us here and you want to export........ Really? how stupid can this administration be?

Custard rubber is now 2k3 am sure before the end of the month it will cost 2k5+ and this old man who is supposed to be retired or teaching French in UNI is here talking trash.

Editor www.healthable.org
So you follow reach here grin
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by GoodSamaritan: 8:22am On Dec 06, 2016
Liars everywhere

Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by curvilicious: 8:22am On Dec 06, 2016
holluwai:
Have you wondered why garri is expensive and has been for a while now?

Abeg tell me i want to know why
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by mildteddy(m): 8:23am On Dec 06, 2016
Segadem:
Is this good news? grin

I have no idea bro grin
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by morbeta(m): 8:24am On Dec 06, 2016
Fozi:
This Buhari came to frustrate Christians because Christmas has reached we should not eat rice. God will punish you and you will still leave that place

Myopic 100%

6 Likes

Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by afanide: 8:25am On Dec 06, 2016
They should make the Nigerian products go round then.......

You want to start EXPORTATION BUSINESS (Bitterkola, Ginger, Cocoa)?
Get the Materials and start straight ahead.
EVERY GOOD THING HAVE A PRICE. 98% OF THINGS WITHOUT PRICES ARE USELESS.
Check my signature below for my contact......
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2016
Babzilla:
and what steps are taken to stop the much needed rice being exported? SMH
Besides they keep shouting that a bag of rice is now N8000. I kept quiet that it needs to circulate but up till now nothing of such angry
Now you want to start exporting what is out of reach for your citizens
SMH this is really government of propaganda

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by ozoemenaca: 8:34am On Dec 06, 2016
It surprises me how gullible some people can be, if we take statistics of all the people typing trash and praising them for getting ready for rice export. None of these people has even seen a local rice for the past ten to twenty years yet they are believing all these lies. I have not seen this local rice and I know many of the people on this platform has equally not seen or tasted it yet they are believing this government. Any way believe them at your own risk

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by holluwai(m): 8:35am On Dec 06, 2016
curvilicious:

Abeg tell me i want to know why

It has been exported more, even more recently.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by wasuka14(m): 8:35am On Dec 06, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

http://punchng.com/fg-stops-571000-tonnes-rice-entering-nigeria/

This is very ok if we can force down importation of junkies to rapidly develop our local productons. But, what always baffled me is cheap talk of rice exportation Mr Audu continuously hammering. You are stopping importation of rice, and you are planning to export our own. What are we going to be eating?? Can't we make rice available in the local market at cheap price before talking of export?? This old man need to receive sense oooo.
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 06, 2016
curvilicious:
Barn here, barn there. Make all necessary arrangements, make sure we are robust on a commodity before you barn.
You don't just barn without competable replacement.

This man go school at all?

Look at the person asking if someone went to school. Barn ko, bane ni.
Opo.nu

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by AfroKnight: 8:41am On Dec 06, 2016
Very good.

If our local rice is full of stones, we should demand better services from producers. Rice importation cannot help this country.
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by OYAY(m): 8:43am On Dec 06, 2016
MrEverest:
I just dey watch the dullard in 3D. Propaganda can never be a substitute to good governance. Audu Ogbe is just talking trash, read between the lines and you would discover that this nothing but a load of TRASH meant to give the impression that they are working even when reality shows otherwise. Nigerians should stop being gullible!

In as much as we can pick holes in the minister's re assuring stand on possible famine in Nigeria next year by not telling us the step(s) being taken by govt to prevent such rather than just words,you have not as well said anything sensible besides abuse and empty gabbage like somebody engulf in permanent hatred which is not good for development of society and individuals.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by excel101(m): 8:44am On Dec 06, 2016
This Govt. is very very funny. Instead of them to be talkin about rice sufficiency sustenance, they're talkin about export. Please Mr Agric. Minister work more and talk less, cos your result will speak for itself thru the fall of the prices of rice nd other commodities. And PMB should stop his promises, cos he hasn't fulfilled previous ones.
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by benavatar(m): 8:44am On Dec 06, 2016
ibietela2:
Rice is not even sufficient for us here and you want to export........ Really? how stupid can this administration be?

Custard rubber is now 2k3 am sure before the end of the month it will cost 2k5+ and this old man who is supposed to be retired or teaching French in UNI is here talking trash.

that's what u think GI to daleko rice market and see how the local rice ate repackaged into foreign bags all in the name of greed, resold as foreign rice to make profit
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by benavatar(m): 8:44am On Dec 06, 2016
ibietela2:

that's what u think Go to daleko rice market in lagos and see how the local rice are been reparkaged into foreign bags all in the name of greed, resold as foreign rice to make profit
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by NobleRomm(m): 8:46am On Dec 06, 2016
“When Dangote was trying to ship his cement through the
Republic of Benin to Togo, it took him one year to
persuade them.”

look at this senseless statement... what is our business with dangote and his cement... who has he EPP
bcus they stopped him from shipping his cement is that why u are trying to punish a whole nation.....
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 06, 2016
ozoemenaca:
It surprises me how gullible some people can be, if we take statistics of all the people typing trash and praising them for getting ready for rice export. None of these people has even seen a local rice for the past ten to twenty years yet they are believing all these lies. I have not seen this local rice and I know many of the people on this platform has equally not seen or tasted it yet they are believing this government. Any way believe them at your own risk.

If u really want to buy Nigerian rice, u will find it. They sell labana rice in sahad stores in Abuja.

We also got this bag recently in Lagos. I think the problem is buying in small quantities from marketwomen. The market pple are not yet selling them in "mudu bowls" because they have a backlog of foreign bags of rice they need to sell.

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by Nathan2016: 9:02am On Dec 06, 2016
God bless buhari for this...

Nigeria is abusing Rice grin grin grin
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by wellmax(m): 9:04am On Dec 06, 2016
MrEverest:

Common sense is indeed not common. Its for people like you that we are where we are today. We cannot continue to be a dumping ground and expect to make progress. I only blame sabotage who will still go ahead to smuggle because of quick returns. And the gullible Nigerians who will buy imported rice.
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by Realdeals(m): 9:06am On Dec 06, 2016
I worked on a project involving rice farmers and know that they are being produced in large quantity, what many people do not know is that locally produced rice are being repackaged in used foreign bags.
The rice in the barrow is a locally produced, how can all the nairaland noise makers differentiate this if re-bagged.

Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 06, 2016
MrEverest:
IPOD BOYS WILL NEVER SEE ANYTHING GOOD IN THIS.THEIR BRAINS HAS BEEN FORMATED BY GEJ.
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by tbanj07(m): 9:09am On Dec 06, 2016
I don't know why Nigerians are just talking here and there...attacking the government on social media and the streets. The government should be about the people and if you can complain this much, stand up and do something about it. Check out the protest in other countries which I won't mention as they take charge of their own cities even though there are deaths but in the end it was worth it. Everyone just keeps complaining here and there yet no protest about sh*t! If you know the government has failed you in one way or the other or committed any act of crime...take to the street the words of impeachment and not ranting over social media doing nothing!!!
Re: FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. by Ahmedhussain3463: 9:21am On Dec 06, 2016
Fozi:
This Buhari came to frustrate Christians because Christmas has reached we should not eat rice. God will punish you and you will still leave that place
see as the one thy tink abeg.y did u av to give this action a religious undertone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Build Your Business From Scratch / Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN / What Can I Import From USA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.