Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

First Time Canadian - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Time Canadian (10614 Views)

From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Time Canadian by ultimate77(m): 1:13pm On Sep 02, 2019
olalekan9320:

Are you below or above 30 years, single or married, are some of the criteria that would determine one's score pwhich will eventually leads to ITA

That place is filled with information so you might not be able to assimilate when you read only some part, google CRS calculator and start from there

Oga wyzoe please don't stop o,just know that you are motivating a soul over here

I am 30, single no kids.
I have been able to check out some scores. My interest is: I have a major in economics but I have been actively employed for about 8 years in the IT sector how do I file in for the employment area?
Re: First Time Canadian by Ugosample(m): 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2019
spendoon:
@ op please I want to know the easiest way to aquire a Canadian citizenship because I've been dreaming of leaving Africa and please can you also enlighten us on how blacks are been treated in the country.
express entry is your best bet

But the question then becomes

Do you qualify?
Re: First Time Canadian by wyzoe: 2:07am On Sep 03, 2019
ultimate77:

I am 30, single no kids.
I have been able to check out some scores. My interest is: I have a major in economics but I have been actively employed for about 8 years in the IT sector how do I file in for the employment area?

So you can work as either an economist or as an IT Personnel. Choose one then. I'd choose the IT if I were you. If you have certifications in IT, even better.

My thoughts though, please verify.
Re: First Time Canadian by wyzoe: 2:08am On Sep 03, 2019
I got the following message on WhatsApp. Please verify the information contained before taking any steps.

Express Entry A-Z

To immigrate to Canada,we have many routes to achieve this objective but I will be considering the Federal Skilled Worker route under the Express Entry(EE).
Before embarking on this journey,you must have the 3Ps(Prepare,Patience & Perseverance) and the greatest of all His God direction.
Get all your documents and that of your family members ready as EE is truly express(ITA to COPR is within 1-6 months as against the old system under FSW that took several months to be completed).

Step 1-Read the background to Canadian immigration at www.cic.gc.ca
Click English/French which ever is applicable to you.Next click on immigrate.

Step 2-Visit British Council in order to write the English language requirement for the prog which is IELTS General training.
This can be done online or visit them at their centre or your write the French Language test(TEF) at Alliance Frances.
Note 1.if you are married,it is strongly encouraged that both spouse should write the language test.
Note 2.The minimum score set by IRCC is Listening 6,Writing 6,Reading 6 & Speaking 6.
But from my personal findings,the target score for the Principal Applicant(PA) should be L8,W7,R7 & S7 but greater score will be more beneficial(L9,W9,R9 & S9).This score is achievable please.
Note 3.You can boost your point if you can write the French language(TEF) if you wish to but it is not compulsory
Note 4.You must prepare well for the language assessment.Don't stop pushing till you get the desire score
Go to www.ieltsbuddy.com for practice tests

Step 3-You must have your education credential assessed by authorized Canadian body.
Designed organizations for ECAs are CES,ICAS,WES,IQAS,ICES(For all professions except medicine & Pharmacy).
MCC for Doctors and PEBC for Pharmacists
Note 1.For Education Credential Assessment(ECA),It is encouraged that the Principal Applicant(PA) & Spouse evaluate their educational credentials
Note 2.You must evaluate all your academic credentials but if you're struggling to get all of them send to the evaluating body, go ahead and evaluate your highest level of education.
Note 3.Do your transcript runs with your Nigerian institutions yourself pls.
Note 4.ECA reports take minimum of 6-8weeks to be delivered to you and could also take several months if you are not proactive.
Steps 1-3 are the directional compass to start your journey.Without these steps you can't start the process.

Step 4.Gather all your docs like IELTS test report,ECA,Job related doc,Proof of funds,Birth Cert etc.

Step 5.Be ready to go into the express entry pool via MYCIC.Here we have 3 subclasses
1.Direct route based on high CRS Points(You can stay anywhere in Canada)
Or
2.Nomination by Province(PNP)
3.Job offer
For 1 above
Conditions-Age is on your side(18-35),Master's degree,At least 3-6years work experience,Single/Married & above all very outstanding IELTS Score(L8,W7,R7 & S7).With these conditions you can get into the pool with above 400 CRS Points.
For 2 above
PNP is when a province nominate you and this could be achieved regardless of your age.
When you are nominated,you will have 600 points and this will be linked to your existing CRS points.With this you will have CRS point of over 800 out of 1,200.
You must visit the province websites all the time to know when their nomination is available.
For 3 above
Go online and start applying for jobs in Canada.If you have a job offer(LMIA authorized)you will be credited with 600 points as well.

Step 6.If you are selected in the pool,expect Invitation To Apply(ITA) from IRCC.You must either accept or decline the ITA within 60 days.

Step 7.If you accept the ITA,go for upfront Medicals at any of the designated medical centres in Nigeria and be ready to upload all your supporting documents online via MYCIC.

Step 8.Expect your Confirmation of Permanent Residence(COPR) within 1-6 months if all background,security & criminality checks are satisfactory okay to IRCC.

Step 9.Land in Canada to become Permanent Resident(PR)
Note:No 2 applications are the same.
Mr A might be very fast and Mr B could take several months so just ensure you are simple and straight forward in your packaging.
Good luck to you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Time Canadian by olalekan9320(m): 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2019
ultimate77:

I am 30, single no kids.
You need to get additional certificate and max out IELTS to get a score that would enable you to get ITA in the next draw
With the information you have provided ur score is 424(8,7,7,7) but if you can get additional certificate and max out IELTS you would get ITA in the next draw
Re: First Time Canadian by Lovelive: 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
wyzoe:
I got the following message on WhatsApp. Please verify the information contained before taking any steps.

Express Entry A-Z

To immigrate to Canada,we have many routes to achieve this objective but I will be considering the Federal Skilled Worker route under the Express Entry(EE).
Before embarking on this journey,you must have the 3Ps(Prepare,Patience & Perseverance) and the greatest of all His God direction.
Get all your documents and that of your family members ready as EE is truly express(ITA to COPR is within 1-6 months as against the old system under FSW that took several months to be completed).

Step 1-Read the background to Canadian immigration at www.cic.gc.ca
Click English/French which ever is applicable to you.Next click on immigrate.

Step 2-Visit British Council in order to write the English language requirement for the prog which is IELTS General training.
This can be done online or visit them at their centre or your write the French Language test(TEF) at Alliance Frances.
Note 1.if you are married,it is strongly encouraged that both spouse should write the language test.
Note 2.The minimum score set by IRCC is Listening 6,Writing 6,Reading 6 & Speaking 6.
But from my personal findings,the target score for the Principal Applicant(PA) should be L8,W7,R7 & S7 but greater score will be more beneficial(L9,W9,R9 & S9).This score is achievable please.
Note 3.You can boost your point if you can write the French language(TEF) if you wish to but it is not compulsory
Note 4.You must prepare well for the language assessment.Don't stop pushing till you get the desire score
Go to www.ieltsbuddy.com for practice tests

Step 3-You must have your education credential assessed by authorized Canadian body.
Designed organizations for ECAs are CES,ICAS,WES,IQAS,ICES(For all professions except medicine & Pharmacy).
MCC for Doctors and PEBC for Pharmacists
Note 1.For Education Credential Assessment(ECA),It is encouraged that the Principal Applicant(PA) & Spouse evaluate their educational credentials
Note 2.You must evaluate all your academic credentials but if you're struggling to get all of them send to the evaluating body, go ahead and evaluate your highest level of education.
Note 3.Do your transcript runs with your Nigerian institutions yourself pls.
Note 4.ECA reports take minimum of 6-8weeks to be delivered to you and could also take several months if you are not proactive.
Steps 1-3 are the directional compass to start your journey.Without these steps you can't start the process.

Step 4.Gather all your docs like IELTS test report,ECA,Job related doc,Proof of funds,Birth Cert etc.

Step 5.Be ready to go into the express entry pool via MYCIC.Here we have 3 subclasses
1.Direct route based on high CRS Points(You can stay anywhere in Canada)
Or
2.Nomination by Province(PNP)
3.Job offer
For 1 above
Conditions-Age is on your side(18-35),Master's degree,At least 3-6years work experience,Single/Married & above all very outstanding IELTS Score(L8,W7,R7 & S7).With these conditions you can get into the pool with above 400 CRS Points.
For 2 above
PNP is when a province nominate you and this could be achieved regardless of your age.
When you are nominated,you will have 600 points and this will be linked to your existing CRS points.With this you will have CRS point of over 800 out of 1,200.
You must visit the province websites all the time to know when their nomination is available.
For 3 above
Go online and start applying for jobs in Canada.If you have a job offer(LMIA authorized)you will be credited with 600 points as well.

Step 6.If you are selected in the pool,expect Invitation To Apply(ITA) from IRCC.You must either accept or decline the ITA within 60 days.

Step 7.If you accept the ITA,go for upfront Medicals at any of the designated medical centres in Nigeria and be ready to upload all your supporting documents online via MYCIC.

Step 8.Expect your Confirmation of Permanent Residence(COPR) within 1-6 months if all background,security & criminality checks are satisfactory okay to IRCC.

Step 9.Land in Canada to become Permanent Resident(PR)
Note:No 2 applications are the same.
Mr A might be very fast and Mr B could take several months so just ensure you are simple and straight forward in your packaging.
Good luck to you

Bon travail

1 Like

Re: First Time Canadian by ultimate77(m): 7:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
olalekan9320:

You need to get additional certificate and max out IELTS to get a score that would enable you to get ITA in the next draw
With the information you have provided ur score is 424(8,7,7,7) but if you can get additional certificate and max out IELTS you would get ITA in the next draw

Thanks for the head up boss. I haven't taken IELTS yet, I hope to do so soon. What other kind of certification do I need? Like msc or another diploma or some other computer certifications?
Re: First Time Canadian by olalekan9320(m): 12:15am On Sep 05, 2019
ultimate77:

Thanks for the head up boss. I haven't taken IELTS yet, I hope to do so soon. What other kind of certification do I need? Like msc or another diploma or some other computer certifications?

You can mention me in a dormant thread so as not to derail oga wyzoe thread

I think cima might be the best since you already have basic knowledge of accounting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole / REVEALED: 6 Reasons Why Lagos Traffic Worsens Whenever It Rains / Plz How Can I Get To Sierra Leone From Nigeria By Road And The Cost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.