Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? (646 Views)

Multiple Deaths Reported In Orlando, Florida Shooting / Islamic Terrorism: See What King Of Saudi Arabia Told Muslims To Do 2 End Terror / [TRUMP]: We'll Unite The World Against Radical Islamic Terrorism! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by Ferruccio(m): 11:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Apparently the killer, Omar Mateen, dialed 911 and pledged allegiance to ISIS before committing the massacre on June 12, 2016.

"A gunman opened fire at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, killing at least 49 people and injuring dozens before being shot dead by police.

How the incident unfolded

The attack began at about 02:00 local time (06:00 GMT) on Sunday.

Pulse, which is one of the biggest nightclubs in Orlando, was holding a Latin-themed event that was nearing its end when a man opened fire. There were more than 300 people inside at the time.

"He had an automatic rifle, so nobody stood a chance," said Jackie Smith, who saw two friends next to her get shot. "I just tried to get out of there."

At 02:09, the nightclub posted on its Facebook page: "Everyone get out of pulse and keep running."

The gunman, who was carrying an AR-15-type assault rifle and a handgun, exchanged fire near the entrance with a police officer who was working at the nightclub.

Additional officers arrived at the scene and a second gun battle ensued inside, forcing the gunman back. He took several people hostage in a bathroom at the back of the building, and told the police he had explosives.

At this point, police were able "to save and rescue dozens and dozens of people and get them out of the club," according to Orlando police chief John Mina.

With the gunman holed up in the bathroom, police secured the building and began preparing to breach the external wall of the bathroom with explosives.

Police chiefs made the decision to storm the building at about 05:00 local time (09:00 GMT), detonating the explosives to create large holes on the building's rear wall.

Mr Mina said dozens of people who had taken shelter in another bathroom were able to escape through these holes before the gunman himself emerged
After another gun battle with police, he was shot dead.

At least 49 people were killed in the attack, making it the worst mass shooting in recent US history.

Who was the gunman?

Officials have named the suspect as Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old from Fort Pierce, a city about two hours' drive south of Orlando, in St Lucie County.

His father, Seddique Mateen, said his son became "very angry" after seeing two men kissing in Miami recently.

FBI Special Agent Ron Hopper told reporters that Mateen had been interviewed by FBI officers twice in 2013 following inflammatory comments to colleagues asserting ties to the so-called Islamic State group (IS).

The investigation ended after officers were unable to substantiate the claims. However, Mateen was questioned again in 2014 about a potential connection to Moner Mohammad Abu-Salha, an American known to have carried out a suicide bombing in Syria."

Do you think this shooting was an act of Islamic terrorism?
Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by herzern1(m): 11:39pm On Dec 06, 2016

Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by Onechancearmy(m): 11:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
That's like asking if I believe that AIDS can kill. You know what the answer is.
Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by Ferruccio(m): 12:06am On Dec 07, 2016
Onechancearmy:
That's like asking if I believe that AIDS can kill. You know what the answer is.
I think this is the dumbest response I've ever come across in this forum.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by Thashen(m): 12:11am On Dec 07, 2016
Onechancearmy:
You are asked to provide an opinion of your own.
Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by Onechancearmy(m): 12:21am On Dec 07, 2016
Ferruccio:
I think this is the dumbest response I've ever come across in this forum.

I can understand why your handful of braincells will struggle to make sense of my comment, but for the wise and even those of average intelligence the answer is crystal clear.
Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by Pharaoh9(m): 12:29am On Dec 07, 2016
It's just religious extremism,

Many Muslims and Christians supported the shooting
Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by Ferruccio(m): 12:36am On Dec 07, 2016
Onechancearmy:

I can understand why your handful of braincells will struggle to make sense of my comment, but for the wise and even those of average intelligence the answer is crystal clear.
No your pity-inducing comment is only within the grasp of those with zero brain cells coursing through their cerebral.

Pathetic cerebral palsy victim!
Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by Onechancearmy(m): 12:48am On Dec 07, 2016
Ferruccio:

No your pity-inducing comment is only within the grasp of those with zero brain cells coursing throughout their cerebral.

Pathetic cerebral palsy victim!

Let me school this mofo or he'll go through life like this. Here goes:

Some religions are like colds. A slight inconvenience is all you suffer but it won't kill.

Some religions are like malaria. Noticeably more inconvenient than a cold and yoy will need medication. But guess what? You'll live

ONE religion is like AIDS. If you are infected with it, say your last prayers and book a one way ticket to hell because that is where you're headed.

Hint: The AIDS religion was founded by an illiterate pedophile thief who lived in an Eastern part of the globe some centuries ago.
Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by Ferruccio(m): 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
Onechancearmy:

Some religions are like colds. A slight inconvenience is all you suffer but it won't kill.

Some religions are like malaria. Noticeably more inconvenient than a cold and yoy will need medication. But guess what? You'll live

ONE religion is like AIDS. If you are infected with it, say your last prayers and book a one way ticket to hell because that is where you're headed.

Hint: The AIDS religion was founded by an illiterate pedophile thief who lived in an Eastern part of the globe some centuries ago.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by Duraluminium: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
Onechancearmy:

Illiterate let me tell you a bit about your poo religion. Go and make research about the aryan christian that killed over 6 million jews. You should also go and make research about the bloody crusades of the 15th century.

That religion was founded by a crusified thief who was a bastard.
Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by Ferruccio(m): 1:06pm On Dec 10, 2016
Duraluminium:

Illiterate let me tell you a bit about your poo religion. Go and make research about the aryan christian that killed over 6 million jews. You should also go and make research about the bloody crusades of the 15th century.

Calm down. Stop crying.
Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by MosquitoLaps(m): 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2016
Duraluminium:

You hate Jesus Christ (a Personality you know so little about) to the point that you can hardly spell "crucified"? grin grin

Oh, and PS : Hitler wasn't a Christian. He never professed to be. Get it straight.
Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by Duraluminium: 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
MosquitoLaps:

You hate Jesus Christ (a Personality you know so little about) to the point that you can hardly spell "crucified"? grin grin

Oh, and PS : Hitler wasn't a Christian. He never professed to be. Get it straight.

Keep decieving yourself. Hitler was catholic christian. Just use google and stop displaying your ignorance
Re: Do You Think The Orlando Shooting Was An Act Of Islamic Terrorism? by Onechancearmy(m): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2016
Duraluminium:

Duraluminium, Duraluminium, Duraluminium. Na oversabi go kill you.

I Neva call any name. All I talk na "illiterate" and "pedophile" and just from those two words you were able to make the connection!

You must be one of the few members of that religion that went to school.

Congrats for showing that not all of you illiterate pedophiles have s-h-i-t in your brains.

(1) (Reply)

Trump Lash Out On Buhari Again / Gay Men Thrown Into Concentration Camp-style Prisons In Chechnya / South Africans Debate Changing Name To Azania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.