Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

The Turn Back - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Turn Back (494 Views)

Repent From Your Evil Ways And Turn Back To God. / Read And Be Blessed - The Turn Around Prayer By Paul Adefarasin / The Turn Around Prayer By Paul Adefarasin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Turn Back by Blessytee(f): 12:06am On Dec 07, 2016
Backsliding is a gradual process. It is the rebellion against God’s instructions and abstaining from living a christian life. From these definitions, I term “backsliding” as “disobedience after obedience.”

A believer may fall back through neglect by not praying, nor reading the Bible and keeping his focus on living for God OR by deliberately choosing to indulge in this life’s sinful pleasures (CBN).

In the Old Testament, King Asa made this mistake. He started well but didn’t end well as he broke the covenant he made with God in 2 Chronicles 15:12. He trusted the arm of flesh instead of God who gave him victory (Read 2 Chronicles 14:7,11-12; 15:2; 16:7). You are to rely on God and to have faith in Him. That’s when He can give you victory. Have you vowed to do something? Do well to do just that. King Asa vowed to serve God forever, but he missed it at the end.
“…without understanding, COVENANTBREAKERS, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgement of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.” (Romans 1:29-32).

Lot’s wife had been obedient to God by following her husband, but she subsequently disobeyed God by looking back (Genesis 19:17, 26). She looked back to the things behind [e.g. pleasure etc], and turned to a pillar of salt.
“Jesus said to him, No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back [to the things behind] is fit for the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:62 AMP).

Hebrews 10:29 depicts that God hates backsliding as He term it “shaming my son”, “trampling Jesus under foot”, “despising the Holy Spirit.” It is therefore evident that backsliding is dangerous indeed. (Read Hebrews 10:26-31).

“See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven.”
(Hebrews 12:25).

https://wetrainchristians./2016/12/03/the-turn-back/

Photo Credit: www.neloc.com.ng

1 Like

Re: The Turn Back by herzern1(m): 12:08am On Dec 07, 2016
Nice Piece.

Well articulated.

But it's only Sundays threads like this qraces FP.

Nevertheless....let's call the jaqabans....Mynd44,Lalasticlala,
Re: The Turn Back by Blessytee(f): 8:43am On Dec 07, 2016
herzern1:
Nice Piece.

Well articulated.

But it's only Sundays threads like this qraces FP.

Nevertheless....let's call the jaqabans....Mynd44,Lalasticlala,

Thank you sir
Re: The Turn Back by Blessytee(f): 3:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
Happy Sunday herzern1, HumbledbYGrace, radical4jesus, Angelsss, Olajhidey22, elantraceey

3 Likes

Re: The Turn Back by Olajhidey22(m): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2016
Thanks for this reminder....
May our labour on earth never go futile, and may we end well in Jesus name.

God bless you Blessytee

---------
Cc: Lalasticlala i hope you find this well articulated Godly article front page-worthy smiley
Re: The Turn Back by Blessytee(f): 11:31pm On Dec 11, 2016
Olajhidey22:
Thanks for this reminder....
May our labour on earth never go futile, and may we end well in Jesus name.

God bless you Blessytee

---------
Cc: Lalasticlala i hope you find this well articulated Godly article front page-worthy smiley
Amen, in Jesus' name. You're welcome sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How God Rescued Me From Abacha’s Hit Men – Pastor Adeboye Reveals / Can I Make Heaven While I’m A Politician In Nigeria? / Christians What's Your Take About Ponzy Schemes???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.