Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,706 members, 7,802,100 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Red Ashes - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (592129 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2016
Dedicated to Saraphina, my namesake *winks* JOLADE
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:10pm On Dec 15, 2016
Judette make sure u comment
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
Yorhmienerd. Comment. On. My. Behalf. Abeg
Re: Red Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
jagugu88li:
Yorhmiene.rd. Comment. On. My. Behalf. Abeg
LOL, Busy now, would analyze later

But this kainiene of a girl is not seriour oo
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
yorhmienerd:
LOL, Busy now, would analyze later

But this kainiene of a girl is not seriour oo
There you are good people, he has said it. Goodnight everyone
Re: Red Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 8:19pm On Dec 15, 2016
jagugu88li:
There you are good people, he has said it. Goodnight everyone
At this time of the day? Abeg come here joor! the day is just starting
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
yorhmienerd:
At this time of the day? Abeg come here joor! the day is just starting
Not were I am bro and tomorrow is one of those head spinning days. Lawd help me!
Re: Red Ashes by rosypearl(f): 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
chumzypinky keep up d good work and thanks for the mention you really triggered my fantasies am nw feeling like an active member on NL
Re: Red Ashes by teel123(f): 7:16am On Dec 16, 2016
Doing a great job . Pls pls pls n pls. Nathan must stop smoking, marry Kainene . Then nathan mother shld see her son bcom a new being n let chioma fynd LOVE. Good job
Re: Red Ashes by Marsnizz: 7:44am On Dec 16, 2016
I am a new member.I don't know how to add information or comment on nairaland but i love the stories and drama happening in this forum

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by doll912(f): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2016
a simply written and beautiful story. Is it my imaginative mind working or will there be a case of incest ... Nathan and Nene....hmmmm
Re: Red Ashes by Samrid: 7:55am On Dec 16, 2016
analysis of character seems difficult but through spectacle u keep us along... nice 1 bro.
Re: Red Ashes by Hundreddegrees(m): 8:16am On Dec 16, 2016
Nice one
Re: Red Ashes by unclesopu(m): 8:57am On Dec 16, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Tanx dear.
Pls dnt just read, also comment. I'm seein a 188 views n just 1 person is commenting. You dont know how far your comments go 2 encourage a person.
Comment, criticise (constructive pls, make una no go kill my career ova nite....lollz)
Thanks for readin Red Ashes
OK dear u now got another fan here
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:13am On Dec 16, 2016
Dedicated to Saraphina, my one and only namesake *winkz*

JOLADE.

'Nathan...' i sighed touching his laps. He looked at me, anger in his eyes and beneath that anger, i saw hatred. My heart bled. Why did Nathan hate me? What have i done? Wasnt i the best girlfriend that could be? Why did he hate me?

'what?' he asked coldly.

I recoiled 'i just wanted to see...to see how you...you were doing...'

'get out of my room'

It was so unusual for Nathan not to be smoking. I had come into his room and even though i had percieved the smell of cigarettes and seen the stumps of smoked cigarettes littered everywhere, i hadnt seen him smoking.

'Nathan, i'm sorry...' i begged as tears gathered in my eyes 'i dont know what i might have done to you but i'm really sorry. Anything that i've done that didnt sit well with you, i am begging you this instant. I'm begging you...'

He looked at me in disgust 'do you have any pride at all?'

'sorry?'

'do you know why i hate you and the likes of you?' he looked at me 'because you all lack something called dignity and self respect...'

My heart sunk.

'you dont throw yourself on a man that doesnt value you Jolade. I dont love you. I've never hidden that fact from you. Even after knowing fully well that i do not love you, you still continue clinging to me. What do you think? That by constantly giving me your body, i'll fall head over heels in love with you? Is that what you are thinking?'

'Nathan...' i gasped.

'i've waited for you to call off this rubbish we call relationship but you've not. Should i tell you something Jolade? I am sick and tired of you, yes, i'm done with you. I never had plans of marrying you and i never will. Tell your mother i said so. I already told my mum. And you of all people should know very well that no one can force me into doing things i do not want to do. You're just wasting your time, i'm sorry to say. I'll never tell you its over because i expect you to use your brain. Well, i'm not forcing you to leave...because as it is now, i'm so Hot and all i want to do is fuvck you. I really do not have to ask or beg do i?' Then he smiled 'Lie down!' he commanded.

I stared at him. And soon i was crying like a baby. I told mum. I told her. But then she begged me to come back to him. Mummy Mabel too. She told me i was the best woman for her son and she wasnt going to allow someone else get married to her son except me, that i was the only one who could change him. But she was wrong. I wasnt the one for Nathan.

I loved him. Tears poured from my eyes. I loved him so much it hurts. I needed him in my life. I couldnt do without him. I didnt just come back to him because of my mum and Mummy Mabel's please, but because i needed him myself.

'Nathan, i love you. I really do. I love you so much it hurts, why are you doing this to me? Why cant you love me back? What have i done to you?' i cried.

He stared at me like i was an interesting piece of art. Then he shook his head 'you'll never get wise...' then he forced me unto his bed and mounted me.
I couldnt stop him. I just closed my eyes, hoping and praying...that just maybe....just maybe, a baby will enter.

'you mean Nathan said all that to you?' my mum asked.

I nodded my head.

'Lade, tell me the truth, does he beat you?' she asked.

I shook my head 'no, he doesnt...' i lied.

'does he hurt you?'

I shook my head again 'no, he doesnt'

'do you disrespect him?'

'no!'

'then why doesnt he love you? You dont satisfy him or what?'

'i try my best....'

'its obvious you are not trying your best!' she said 'how will you make a guy love you when you dont show him how much you love him?'

'mum, i love him so much, and i show it to him'

'is there another lady?'

Tears stung my eyes 'i dont know'

'how will you not know about whats going on in your boyfriend's life? What is wrong with you? Do you want to lose Nathan? Do you know how rich his mother is? Do you know what he's going to inherit at the demise of his mother? Do you know how much they are worth? Dont you want to get married to a rich man just like your two sisters? Eh Jolade?'

Tears fell from my eyes.

She continued 'you should never let your man slip off your fingers. No woman should snatch what belongs to you! Never let any woman take what is rightly yours. Do anything....everything humanly possible to keep Nathan to yourself Jolade. I will help you, anyways i can. But make sure you dont lose Nathan, have i made myself clear?'

I nodded 'yes ma'

TBC

I promise you all three or four updates before the end of today. Dont blame for slacking abeg, things tough. I'm no longer as free as i used to. But today should be free for me, i just pray so. Tanx for all the comments, i might not reply all bt jst knw that i rili appreciate dem. God bless you all

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by Winters22: 9:17am On Dec 16, 2016
seems like no one noticed we made front page!😖😤😤
Re: Red Ashes by crazo(m): 9:22am On Dec 16, 2016
this is a nice read. just be mindful of the little typos, more like autocorrect issues. shine on
Re: Red Ashes by xaviercasmir(m): 10:22am On Dec 16, 2016
jolade's mun is just after riches to the expense of her daughter . SOME MORTHERS SELF.
RIDE ON PLS
Re: Red Ashes by Basantio: 10:40am On Dec 16, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Tanx dear.
Pls dnt just read, also comment. I'm seein a 188 views n just 1 person is commenting. You dont know how far your comments go 2 encourage a person.
Comment, criticise (constructive pls, make una no go kill my career ova nite....lollz)
Thanks for readin Red Ashes
. Please continue. Ure doing a great job and am enjoying every bit of what am reading.
Re: Red Ashes by ayoxelee(m): 10:40am On Dec 16, 2016
Winters22:
Re: Red Ashes by kyngdrey(m): 10:54am On Dec 16, 2016
nice story keep it coming
Re: Red Ashes by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2016
I Am Waiting For Update
#interesting
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 5:00pm On Dec 16, 2016
Winters22:
Sori dear, wer is d frnt page??
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
Nmaglit Slendercutie, i'm seein u guys oo, beta comment b4 i...
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2016
Dedicated to Winters22, Abefe99, Khalifasparkles (who's no longer seen) and Xaviercasmir (my very first commenter)

KAINENE.

I just couldnt concentrate. I had so many things going through my head at the same time. Thoughts of mum and dad. There was a glass of scotch on top of my desk, in front of me.

It was so unlike me to sit in my office all day and not do a thing. Going round the hotel supervising everything happening around was something that i loved doing. But today, i just wanted to be alone.

The door opened and Kaka peeped in 'hi sulking baby...' she closed the door behind her and winked at me.

'what are you doing here?' i asked and she frowned. It actually didnt come out the way i meant it. She was supposed to be with Xaviercasmir, her fiance today and i wondered why she was here. I mean, Xaviercasmir, who bears a name that starts with a X....

'sorry, i meant...you said you wanted to be with Xaviercasmir...right? You said you wanted to <strong>cook</strong> for him' I laid emphasis on the cook. I really didnt understand what the hell was going on with Kaka. They werent married yet but she already warms his bed, cooks his meals, cleans his house, sometimes drop by his parents' house and try to behave like a good daughter inlaw by cooking, cleaning, running errands and what not. So disgusting!

'Xavier wanted to do something in his office so we couldnt spend so much time together...' she swung her braids backwards and sat on the chair opposite me 'hey, whats sup with you? I expected to see you doing girl girl job as usual but i see you for here, how your matter?'

'i was just tired and i felt i should relax my legs a bit...'

She picked up the glass of scotch and drowned it all 'so how's your mumsi and popsi?'

I frowned 'sorry, i dont have a father. So which father are we talking about here?'

She scoffed 'the earlier you start thinking and behaving matured Kainene, the better for you and your family...'

'so whats your definition of thinking and behaving matured, as you said?'

'start by stop being selfish...' she rolled her eyes and touched her long fake lashes 'your mother needs happiness, cant you see?'

'and so who's going to give her that happiness? That selfish man?'

'everyone makes mistakes Nene...how many times i go use this talk take knock for your head? Infact, i no talk again, i no know why i wan kill myself for your matter. You go hopeless, yet you come hopeless....'

'you're a stupid girl!'

'i accept. Na me stupid pass...' there was a knock on the door.

'come in....'

One of the cleaners peeped in, dressed in pink and white chiffon with black skirt, the uniform for the cleaners.

'sorry to disturb ma'am, but there's someone outside wanting to see you'

I frowned 'who is that?'

'i really cant tell ma'am, but its a fair skinned man....'

'okay, go and tell the person i'm coming...' i said.

She nodded and left.

I picked up my phone 'you go wait for me here abi?'

'for where? Make we go jareh!'

I froze when i actually saw who the person was. It was...it was...what was his name again? Yes, Nathaniel Imore, something like that. That name Imore struck a bell. Was he the son to the famous Mabel Imore? Didnt he say his mum was a very rich woman? I was very angry. Didnt i tell this guy not to leave me alone?

He smiled at seeing me. A real smile. That smile took my breathe away. This guy was so cute. There was something about his eyes that looked somewhat familiar. But then, i loved the colour of his eyes.

'hi Nene' he greeted.

I heard Kaka gasp 'oh my God! Is this a god?' she whispered, then tugged at my arm 'introduce us'

I shook free from my grasp 'what the hell are you doing here Mr Nathaniel Imore? What is wrong with you? Is it that you're just a hopeless and a jobless man or stalking human beings is best described as your hobby?'

He just smiled, looked at Kaka, then looked back at me.

'its obvious you dont know how to say a harmless "hi". You cant even greet my friend...' i eyed him in disgust. I didnt know what was happening to me. Why was my heart beating in an unfamiliar manner? Why did i have the sudden urge to run my tongue all over that sexy pink lips again?

'i'm sorry...' he turned to Kaka and stretched his hand 'sorry, hi, i'm Nathan...'

Kaka had a dreamy look in her eyes, almost like she was going to face. Then she took his hand and flashed a smile 'wow! I'm...i am Kamsi, but you can call me Kaka...' she was holding his hand tightly and not letting go.

I didnt know what came over me or how i did it, but i quickly pulled her away and the look Nathan gave me made me so ashamed of myself.

What was wrong with me? Was i jealous or what

TBC.

So guys, we have just one update to go before nightfall, God helping me, i'll make sure i drop it before dinner time. I love y'all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by Nmaglit: 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2016
I love this story
Re: Red Ashes by saraphina(f): 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
watching in 3D
Re: Red Ashes by Winters22: 6:39pm On Dec 16, 2016
Thanks for the dedication , Chunzypinky.
i saw Red Ashes on FP earlier this morning. seems like no one noticed it.....a

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.