Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:29 PM

Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack (18234 Views)

Tiktok Responds To Trump: We Are Not Going Anywhere / Watch How A Man Builds A Working 3.5mm Headphone Jack Into His Iphone 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by rookidmart: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2016
If you were cross with Samsung for ditching removable batteries with the Galaxy S6 then you might not like what it’s going to do with the Galaxy S8. We can exclusively confirm that Samsung is going to remove the standard 3.5mm headphone jack from the Galaxy S8. This means that all of your existing headphones will not be compatible with the upcoming flagship unless you use a USB Type-C adapter as the Galaxy S8 will feature a USB Type-C port . This also means that you won’t be able to plug in the Galaxy S8 and use wired headphones at the same time.

We’ve seen Apple take this step with the iPhone 7 as well as a handful of Chinese OEMs. Apple took a lot of flak for this decision but the company says that it showed courage by making this decision to move beyond the standard 3.5mm headphone jack. We don’t know how Samsung is going to put a spin on its decision since fans are likely to lash out but there are some functional advantages to it.

Removing the 3.5mm headphone jack enables Samsung to make the Galaxy S8 thinner while also freeing up more space inside for a bigger battery. Samsung may also integrate stereo speakers which some believe will be made in collaboration with Harman, a company that Samsung is acquiring for $8 billion . Perhaps the company will try to convince customers that this is a trade worth making.

Samsung is going to officially unveil the Galaxy S8 in February next year at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. It’s not going to confirm anything about the device before the event so it’s likely that the company might still have some surprises for fans up its sleeve.

Source: http://www.sammobile.com/2016/12/06/exclusive-galaxy-s8-is-not-going-to-feature-a-3-5mm-headphone-jack/

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Freciprocal: 6:36am On Dec 08, 2016
Now we know who copies who grin

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by adioolayi(m): 6:38am On Dec 08, 2016
Make e no go blow person brain box grin.... the rich and wahala sef... wahala go sit jejely, dem go use dem money buy am.

5 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by dayleke: 6:39am On Dec 08, 2016
Is that good or bad?
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by PapaNnamdi: 6:39am On Dec 08, 2016
Sitting in d toilet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by kepal99(m): 6:39am On Dec 08, 2016
Ok
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by KingsleyCEO: 6:40am On Dec 08, 2016
I see bombs. But the caution here is don't put it in you pocket. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nutase: 6:41am On Dec 08, 2016
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by RatedStar: 6:41am On Dec 08, 2016
Just hope it won't explode.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by whisper88(m): 6:42am On Dec 08, 2016
Am new here, can I get 20 likes

39 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 08, 2016
Why is samsung trying so hard to be like apple?

6 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 6:43am On Dec 08, 2016
k
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by henryobinna(m): 6:43am On Dec 08, 2016
it is still rumours

buying a new smartphone this December period?

don't let them cheat you with inferior quality, check out The Most Comprehensive Guide To Buy Your Next Smartphone http://www.legitstuffs.com/2015/11/features-to-watchout-for-when-buying-smartphone.html
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 08, 2016
They all keep on imitating Apple.

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by skimarvel: 6:52am On Dec 08, 2016
Wetin consign me?
Rocking my Sagem mobile!!!
Me laughing at Samsung fans right now?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by olatwo(m): 6:57am On Dec 08, 2016
Ok
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Malayy(m): 6:58am On Dec 08, 2016
adioolayi:
Make e no go blow person brain box grin.... the rich and wahala sef... wahala go sit jejely, dem go use dem money buy am.
this comment got me rolling on the floor..
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by johnstar(m): 7:01am On Dec 08, 2016
Dats der drum of tea undecided

I don kuku ma leave samsung pot enter infinix, na dm sabi

Make person dey save money instead wey person go dey use phone dey impress. Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by misterjosh(m): 7:02am On Dec 08, 2016
hmmm
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by KingRex1(m): 7:05am On Dec 08, 2016
Apple uses wireless earplugs and Samsung is to use a USB type C earplug. How's that copying?
Its obvious every brand is tryna look sleek(slim) with a big battery too.. So it's common initiative to take this step.
Besides Apple ain't the first brand to come up the wireless thingy.

11 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by lyterydim(m): 7:08am On Dec 08, 2016
Thank God am rocking my samsung s7edge,
S8edge can wait till 2018,
S7edge has every thing a phone freak needed,

Team s7edge

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by 3rdavefarms(m): 7:10am On Dec 08, 2016
Samsung?

I doubt if I will ever use that phone in this life #blowblowphone
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by martineverest(m): 7:13am On Dec 08, 2016
smh.

So,samsung cant learn from note 7 debacle?.....ollah1,pls convince me that samsung is not using iphone as reference/mentor/standard.

2017 is going to be a rough yr for samsung

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by DjAndroid: 7:15am On Dec 08, 2016
So are they discontinuing the Note series?
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by wayne4loan: 7:18am On Dec 08, 2016
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 08, 2016
The future of NOTE Series is not certain , but what happened shouldnt be the mere reason for wanting to end the series
DjAndroid:
So are they discontinuing the Note series?
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 08, 2016
See them shouting copycat , were u not the same set of pipo that cried out when Nokia refused to change with trends when it was most needed? now Sammy is simply moving with the trends and all u can say is that they are copying APPLE

5 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Goldenheart(m): 7:26am On Dec 08, 2016
Interesting, Samsung using apple as bench mark since 1880grin

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by pweetychyka(f): 7:28am On Dec 08, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Samsung will not kill somebody!
Hope dey won't see reasons to retrieve all d S8 after it would av being sold out by next year
Hope dey av returned d whole S7 dey retrieved cos I 'm not understanding oooooo
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 08, 2016
gadgetsngs:
See them shouting copycat , were u not the same set of pipo that cried out when Nokia refused to change with trends when it was most needed? now Sammy is simply moving with the trends and all u can say is that they are copying APPLE
they should change trends but be unique..

Even the idea of no head jack from Apple was stupid and grenade Samsung had to copy just that..

It's moronic
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by QuotaSystem: 7:28am On Dec 08, 2016
Cheap copy cats.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Ofemmanu1: 7:37am On Dec 08, 2016
Freciprocal:
Now we know who copies who grin

S7edge I'd better tha the overrated iphone7.
Perhaps, you'd doubt me- no p.
I know you never lay your hands on any of them.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airtel Just Introduced New Cheap Bundles / Whatsapp Starts Labelling Forwarded Messages In Effort To Fight Fake News / Glo Gains 80% Of New Internet Customers In First Quarter Of 2016 While MTN Drop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.