Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,502 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:40 PM

Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar (7173 Views)

Hushpuppi Faces Up To 20 Years Imprisonment In US / Men Who Sexually Assaulted 9 Horses, Cow, Goat & Dogs Bag 41 Imprisonment In US / 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2016
By Omeiza Ajayi,

ABUJA – The Calabar Division of the Federal High Court has sentenced to life imprisonment no fewer than 16 suspected vandals who were charged with adulterating 100 tonnes of diesel, Vanguard Ngr reports.

The suspects were also ordered to forfeit to the federal government, their vessel MV ALEZZA LILAH which they used for the operation.

A statement issued by the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps NSCDC Thursday in Abuja and signed by its spokesperson, Emmanuel Okeh, said “the affected persons were arrested by the Bayelsa State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps along Brass River on their way towards the sea in Bayelsa on a vessel MV ALEZZA LILAH”.

He said receiving the verdict of the court, the Commandant General of the NSCDC, Abdullahi Muhammadu Gana however read the riot act to vandals, illegal dealers on petroleum products and product adulterators to desist or face the wrath of the law.

The statement said suspects were charged for conspiracy and adulteration which is contrary to sections 1(17) and (18) (a) and (1) of the Miscellanous Offences Act Cap, M17 LFN 2004 and punishable under the sections.

It added that the trial judge, Justice Inyang Ekwo convicted the 16 accused persons on all the charges and consequently sentenced them to life imprisonment.

Gana charged the NSCDC personnel not to relent in their crusade of ”Operation Zero tolerance to vandalism”, illegal bunkering, oil theft and other associated crimes.

”Enough is enough, we must rise to the challenge of tackling this ugly phenomenon of vandalism and other related crimes; attacking our personnel will not deter us from fighting the scourge rather it makes us to be more rugged and dogged in the crusade.

”I therefore use this opportunity to warn all those in this illicit business to quit as the law is no respecter of anyone”, the NSCDC boss was quoted as saying.

Gana said the judgement by the Federal High Court will serve as a deterrent to others, praising the court and urging other judges to emulate Justice Inyang Ekwo and ensure speedy dispensation of cases before them.

http://brainnewsng.com/vandals-life-sentence-calabar/

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by samincredible44(m): 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2016
While some polithieficians walk freely

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by delishpot: 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
While the polithiefcians walk free.

samincredible44:

You gorrit

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2016
samincredible44:

hmmmmmmm

I wonder ooooo

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by browniecay: 12:26am On Dec 08, 2016
OK
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 08, 2016
When will they jail the afons that owns free oil blocs in SS from far sw.

Later they will parade themselves as billionaires.
The fact remains that without oil,these people would have starved to death.

Truth

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Rilwayne001: 8:19am On Dec 08, 2016
Peroti:

Truth

Bros, where is your sense

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 08, 2016
Peroti:

Truth

Recieve sense

18 Likes

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Segadem(m): 8:19am On Dec 08, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Agimor(m): 8:20am On Dec 08, 2016
Under this recession there will be a rapid increase in crime.
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by herzern1(m): 8:20am On Dec 08, 2016

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Nutase: 8:20am On Dec 08, 2016
angry
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by ddippset(m): 8:20am On Dec 08, 2016
wow
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Vaxt(m): 8:21am On Dec 08, 2016
Politheif
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Young03(m): 8:21am On Dec 08, 2016
Hm
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by peachesandroses(f): 8:22am On Dec 08, 2016
chai!! is that sentence not too much??

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by spartacuz: 8:23am On Dec 08, 2016
Calabar my Calabar... #sweeeeeeeiiieeee
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by curvilicious: 8:23am On Dec 08, 2016
When will they arrest Lie Moha and others and give them life imprisonment?
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by IamISRAEL(m): 8:23am On Dec 08, 2016
Peroti:

Truth
Who lose you?

9 Likes

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by IamISRAEL(m): 8:24am On Dec 08, 2016
They are economic saboteurs and had to be treated as one. nice one from the court.
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by barragan: 8:25am On Dec 08, 2016
There is something seriously wrong with the Nigeria judicial system. I keep hearing of disproportionate sentences given to people committing petty crimes. When it comes to those stealing billions of naira meant for hospitals or drugs to save millions of lives or pension funds, they don't even get any prison time at all. Is this country mad or what?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Corrinthians(m): 8:27am On Dec 08, 2016
samincredible44:
Or granted perpetual injunction against prosecution.

bleeped up legal system in that country.
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Drazeen(m): 8:31am On Dec 08, 2016
That's right... And Patience Jonathan steals over $30billion but is walking freely.
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 08, 2016
Life? This is crazy, come on, our criminal justice system is so flawed we might as well be a banana republic cry

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by autonomous22: 8:41am On Dec 08, 2016
wickedness .... dem kill person ??

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Sunnymatey(m): 8:41am On Dec 08, 2016
They cant be river in my compound and the govt is asking me to die of thirst. What happens to those BH members who were arrested and latter freed after much damage to lives and properties, what about the christians killed in the north with the killers moving freely. Our judges in the south should be careful. If this happen in the north no one will be jail even for a day.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Samjohne: 8:43am On Dec 08, 2016
Hmm
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 08, 2016
Okay that's good but I'm waiting when they will sentence our thieving politicians ,if vandals could get life,I wonder what our politicians will get ..life and after life
Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by Dinirojones(m): 8:52am On Dec 08, 2016
Peroti:

Truth
free oil blocs u said??
Ur stupidity comes naturally....

Re: Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar by skylane222(m): 8:56am On Dec 08, 2016
Sunnymatey:
They cant be river in my compound and the govt is asking me to die of thirst. What happens to those BH members who were arrested and latter freed after much damage to lives and properties, what about the christians killed in the north with the ki
Sunnymatey:
They cant be river in my compound and the govt is asking me to die of thirst. What happens to those BH members who were arrested and latter freed after much damage to lives and properties, what about the christians killed in the north with the ki
Sunnymatey:
Sunnymatey:
Sunnymatey:
Samjohne:
Hmm
Samjohne:
Hmm
Samjohne:
Hmm
Samjohne:
Hmm
Samjohne:
Hmm
Samjohne:
Hmm
Corrinthians:
Or granted perpetual injunction against prosecution.
bleeped up legal system in that country.
justscorchone:
Okay that's good but I'm waiting when they will sentence our thieving politicians ,if vandals could get life,I wonder what our politicians will get ..life and after life
BrainnewsNg:

http://brainnewsng.com/vandals-life-sentence-calabar/

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 People At Computer Village Recieves "666" Mark On Their Forehead Through Calls / What Type Of Gun Is This(picture) / Ex-Policeman Trailed Over Attempt To Murder Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.