Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,839 members, 7,798,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn (1136 Views)

Muslims, Mexicans, Blacks Rejoice As Donald Trump Drops Out Of Presidential Race / Terrorist Attack In Paris Leaves 40 Dead And 100 Hostages / Jim Clancy Leaves CNN After Abusive Fight On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by bawomolo(m): 4:08am On Nov 12, 2009
CNN's Lou Dobbs, a lightning rod for criticism following his transition from a business journalist to an opinionated anchor on such issues as illegal immigration, told viewers on Wednesday that he was quitting his nightly show to pursue new opportunities.

"This will be my last broadcast," Dobbs said after giving the day's headlines. Dobbs, who hosts a daily radio show unrelated to CNN, said the network had allowed him to be released early from his contract.

Dobbs was a CNN original, signing on when the cable network started in 1980. For much of that time, he hosted a nightly business broadcast that became one of the most influential shows in the corporate world, and CNN's most profitable show for advertising revenue.

But Dobbs said his world view changed after the 2001 terrorist attacks and corporate corruption scandals, and he began to more freely express his opinions. He was particularly persistent in bringing the immigration issue to the fore, winning him both higher ratings and enemies. Latino groups had an active petition drive seeking his removal.

His presence became awkward for CNN, particularly as it began emphasizing reporting and non-opinion shows. He angered management this summer by pressing questions about President Barack Obama's birth site after CNN reporters determined there was no issue.

Dobbs said the decision came after many months of discussion with CNN U.S. President Jon Klein. Dobbs said he wanted to concentrate on his role as a commentator and on advocacy journalism.

Klein hailed Dobbs' "appetite for big ideas, the megawatt smile and larger than life presence he brought to our newsroom."

"With characteristic forthrightness, Lou has now decided to carry the banner of advocacy journalism elsewhere," Klein said. "We respect his decision."

Dobbs said he was proud of his role in helping to build the first cable news network. He said some leaders in media, politics and business "have been urging me to go beyond my role here at CNN and to engage in constructive problem-solving."

Seated at an anchor desk in front of a screen with a fluttering American flag, Dobbs mentioned his interest in issues such as health care, jobs, immigration, climate change and the wars.

"Unfortunately, these issues are now defined in the public arena by partisanship and ideology rather than rigorous empirical thought and forthright analysis and discussion," he said. "I will be working diligently to change that as best I can."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_en_ot/us_tv_lou_dobbs

latinos are safe for now cheesy
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by JeSoul(f): 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2009
bawomolo:

latinos are safe for now cheesy
lol, indeed for now.

I like Dobbs though I frequently disagree with him. CNN is making a big mistake by letting him go and sticking to the "reporting" only and not "opinion" shows . . . small wonder why they are last in news ratings behind MSNBC and FOX.

As one analyst put it, in these times where information travels in seconds, people do not tune in to listen to news anymore, they tune in to get analysis of the news. CNN is slowly becoming irrelevant . . . Anderson Cooper will not bring in ratings, neither will Blitzer. Their one bright star is Campbell Brown, the rest of them put me to sleep too often.
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by JeSoul(f): 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2009
As a side note, Dobbs will fit in nicely with FOXNEWS  cheesy.

I wish FOX would mellow down with the opinion shows though and do more local, world news stories . . . sometimes it seems like one long endless rant against the present admin.
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by No2Atheism(m): 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2009
Jesoul dear  (apologies to your husband  grin grin grin for using the copyrighted word) . . . i have to disagree a little bit . . . on this issue.

Lou Dobbs is good riddance to bad rubbish.

The way Lou Dobbs talks and blames latinos for everything is weird to say the least.

Lou Dobbs was just a closet racist that could no longer hide his racism hence why he is so opinionated . . .White people can't help it . . . they are insecure . . . if its not latinos, lou dobbs would find other people to hate.

At least he would be at home with Fox. . .
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by JeSoul(f): 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2009
No2Atheism:

Jesoul dear (apologies to your husband grin grin grin for using the copyrighted word)
He told me to tell you "apology accepted" grin

. . . i have to disagree a little bit . . . on this issue.

The way Lou Dobbs talks and blames latinos for everything is weird to say the least.

Lou Dobbs was just a closet racist that could no longer hide his racism hence why he is so opinionated . . .White people can't help it . . . they are insecure . . . if its not latinos, lou dobbs would find other people to hate.

Lol . . . remember I'm in the Northeast, we blame the latinos for everything up here grin Seriously, whenever something happens in the city, my mum usually goes "I bet it was one of those spanish people" grin LOL and you know what, I hate to say it, but it usually is. And of course this doesn't mean they all are criminals, not at all.

I say CNN is making a mistake because it needs more personalities (regardless of the side) - not less. See how FOX and MSNBC are dominating the ratings, its because of their opinion shows, not the news casts. CNN will become a dinosaur if it doesn't morph and keep up with the times.
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by No2Atheism(m): 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2009
I get your point about the ratings issue . . . I NEVER SAID I WAS A GOOD BUSINESS MAN . . . .i get your point about ratings and i agree on that. I was just talking from the perspective of ignoring ratings and doing the right thing . . . my future wife (whoever she is  grin grin grin) go suffer sef cus wen she expects me to be all tender and soft spoken to her . . . i would just blabb out the truth  grin grin grin I can be quite hopeless in that department.

Once a geek always a geek . . .  grin grin grin grin

Thats why one of my main goals is to search for a beautiful lady with the same academic standards like me and who would understand my thinking pattern, cus men i can be very very very weird at times  grin grin grin grin most especially in terms of African History, i do not compromise on that cus i am fed up with years of brainwashing and hence certainly do not want a westernised wife, but rather prefer one with an African consciousness.

Jesoul, why don't u apply to CNN and try to get a job with them (you don't have to go national you know ) . . .
you are quite good as a presenter, from the little I have seen . . . WISH I WAS MULTI-TALENTED LIKE YOU (my own multi-talents are in useless and meaningless things). . . .i think it should still be possible to continue your boston programme on a part-time basis.

grin grin grin grin  BY THE WAY, PLEASE REMIND YOUR HUSBAND THAT HE IS LUCKY CUS I WAS PLANNING ON STEALING YOU FROM HIM  grin grin grin grin SO  HE BETTER NOT DROP THE BALL (men why do i always like confessing in public like this and disgracing myself . . .  grin grin grin).
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by Ikomi(m): 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2009
No2Atheism:

(men why do i always like confessing in public like this and disgracing myself . . .  grin grin grin).

There is nothing wrong with confessing in public or trying to woo another mans wife, what I have a problem with is when you raise theories you cant defend.

I would most be happy if you could go back to the Islamocracy or Democracy topic and defend this your wonderful view of Arabs and Islam.

Or are you against the Islamic faith just because your open confession of love for another mans wife would have earned you castration.  angry
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by No2Atheism(m): 4:35pm On Nov 12, 2009
Ikomi:

There is nothing wrong with confessing in public or trying to woo another mans wife, what I have a problem with is when you raise theories you cant defend.

I would most be happy if you could go back to the Islamocracy or Democracy topic and defend this your wonderful view of Arabs and Islam.

Or are you against the Islamic faith just because your open confession of love for another mans wife would have earned you castration.  angry

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked exactly why i am keeping my distance  shocked shocked shocked  shocked shocked. . . I am not so comfortable with your statement of saying I am trying to woo another man's wife. . .

By the way, i did not create the islamocrazy thread , nevertheless i would check what you are talking about . . .

Okay now u have gone way out of line . . . WHY DO YOU MUSLIMS ALWAYS TRY TO TURN INTELLECTUAL ISSUES INTO PERSONAL ISSUES. . . CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT DISCUSSING ISLAM HAS TO DO WITH WAT YOU ARE TRYING TO LINK IT TO  undecided undecided undecided undecided.

For your information, the attraction was there before i even knew she was in a relationship, hence technically speaking:

I AM NOT TRYING TO WOO ANOTHER MAN'S WIFE. . . I REJECT THAT undecided undecided undecided . . . INSTEAD I DONE MY BEST TO KEEP A RESPECTABLE DISTANCE.

What you do not understand is that before there was even a noticeable attraction, before i even knew she was in a relationship, there was already a mutual intellectual acquitance and understanding.
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by No2Atheism(m): 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2009
Ikomi:

There is nothing wrong with confessing in public or trying to woo another mans wife

ACTUALLY THERE IS SOMETIME WRONG WITH TRYING TO WOO ANOTHER MAN'S WIFE . . . IT IS AGAINST THE BIBLE TO DO SUCH

- i see that you do not know me enough to know that i am fond of mixing truth and jokes together into jovial statements that contain a mixture of the two. . . hence why i use the phrase "steal you from your husband",

a. it does not mean i am trying to break their relationship . . . I would never in a thousand years want to do such to any body.
b. it does not mean i am trying to take over another man's wife. . . I would never in a thousand years want to do such to any body.

Instead it is a jovial way of saying that: before i knew she was in a relationship, there was an intent on my part.

undecided undecided undecided . . . WOW I THINK U NEED TO UNDERSTAND MY USE OF ENGLISH BEFORE MAKE CONCLUSIONS ON MY STATEMENTS . . . undecided undecided undecided

---------------------------------------------------------------------

which raises the question: ARE YOU TRACKING ME ?

J
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by No2Atheism(m): 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2009
grin grin grin I THINK MAYBE I AM SOMETIMES TOO BLUNT AND TRUTHFUL FOR MY OWN GOOD . . . grin grin grin
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by JeSoul(f): 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2009
shocked  shocked not sure where to begin on this one, lol

No2, 
  we understand each other smiley and by goodness you're making me blush  embarassed I am flattered. You know you can use dear, sweetheart and any other endearing word when refering to me, you're my boy for life!  kiss and please do not rein in the honesty one bit jare, it is so refreshing in this world of pretenders.

Ikomi,
No2 was just playing around, he's the one NLder with the unmistakable talent of putting a smile on your face no matter the topic or circumstance. He himself is VERY familiar with this "husband" he keeps refering to, infact he was the one who bestowed the title, ask him, he will explain in proper detail.

@Bawo, sorry your topic was led astray by us mischeivious kids, no vex.
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by No2Atheism(m): 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2009
. . . i don't even know what to say sef . . .
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by bawomolo(m): 7:12pm On Nov 12, 2009
railway don come o  angry.

it was said that lou dobb met with fox news about a month ago.  we would see what happens.   latinos can breath freely o.
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by JeSoul(f): 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2009
bawomolo:

railway don come o angry.
No vex now kiss

it was said that lou dobb met with fox news about a month ago. we would see what happens. latinos can breath freely o.
Well it is the only network that he will be 100% welcome and will 100% fit in.

I still think this is CNN's loss, they just became more leftist, and FOX (if he ends up there) more rightist, instead of either becoming more balanced.
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by No2Atheism(m): 8:12pm On Nov 12, 2009
grin grin grin bawomolo no ves i tend to have the penchant to get myself into trouble . . . grin grin grin
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by Ikomi(m): 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2009
JeSoul:

Ikomi,
No2 was just playing around, he's the one NLder with the unmistakable talent of putting a smile on your face no matter the topic or circumstance. He himself is VERY familiar with this "husband" he keeps refering to, infact he was the one who bestowed the title, ask him, he will explain in proper detail.

Well he could be playing around, I was'nt taking anything seriously either, maybe the emoticon (angry) I used made everyone take my comment serious.

Anyway I would not sit around and watch men like No2A flatter beautiful women with long eye lashes. He then later turns around and tell me its all a joke - there is a big risk in that! We wont know when you guys are serious. Thereby cathing us all unaware. Look Jesoul am too bloody smart for that. angry
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by semid4lyfe(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2009
So peeps can actually have a civil discussion in this section?
Impressive!
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by No2Atheism(m): 10:35am On Nov 13, 2009
Ikomi:

Well he could be playing around, I was'nt taking anything seriously either, maybe the emoticon (angry) I used made everyone take my comment serious.

Anyway I would not sit around and watch men like No2A flatter beautiful women with long eye lashes. He then later turns around and tell me its all a joke - there is a big risk in that! We wont know when you guys are serious. Thereby cathing us all unaware. Look Jesoul am too bloody smart for that. angry

@jesoul

Ikomi says u have long eye lashes . . . grin grin grin grin . . . probably the ones that have been chiseled to perfection grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by RichyBlacK(m): 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2009
One adjective describing Lou Dobbs: assholic.
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by ayinba1(f): 1:14am On Nov 14, 2009
Lou Dobbs - Good riddance to Bad Angry Rubbish
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by TayoD1(m): 1:40am On Nov 14, 2009
@No2,

I don't blame you for your not so veiled attempt at "trying your luck" with JeSoul. It shows you know and fully recognise a good woman when you see one.

Only one other lady on nairaland has made the kind of impression on me as JeSoul. Her name is pilgrim1. Both ladies are something else, believe me.
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by bawomolo(m): 3:53am On Nov 15, 2009
Who can you hate on at CNN now?

mike cafferty?
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 17, 2009
Lou Dobbs with his voice wey be like say e get catarrh abi na mucus inside was on The Factor - Bill O'reilly's show.
The guy just dey yan opata.
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by bawomolo(m): 1:52am On Nov 18, 2009
OMO IBO:

Lou Dobbs with his voice wey be like say e get catarrh abi na mucus inside was on The Factor - Bill O'reilly's show.
The guy just dey yan opata.

lol what did he say. Lou Dobbs and Glen beck would make a great collabo
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 18, 2009
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by bawomolo(m): 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2009
thanks i gotta watch it.
Re: Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn by Tudor6(f): 10:17am On Nov 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

Jesoul dear (apologies to your husband grin grin grin for using the copyrighted word) . . . i have to disagree a little bit . . . on this issue.

Yeah, similar to the way you blame the white man for all the woes in your life yet find it sweet to live amongst them. . .weird isn't it?
You on the other han are an open racist.

Could your vendetta against dobbs be because you are also an illegal immigrant in the uk?

@topic.
dobbs should please join FOX, i cant wait to see him there.

(1) (Reply)

Ghana VP To Be Sworn In As New President / US Agents Catch African Drug Kingpin In A Sting Operation On The High Seas / Man Nails His Own Testicles To The Ground In Front Of Horrified Tourists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.