Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF (19275 Views)

Aso Rock's 2018 Budget: N1bn For Clinic, N46m For Generators, N24m For Ranching / Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness / FG Tenders Nine Cash-Filled Boxes Recovered From Justice Ngwuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by beycity(m): 8:33am On Dec 08, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Some pple with warped mentality..
The judge aint a limited basterddddd, he doesn't work for the govt alone, he's into many other things too.

If I earn 24m monthly, imagine investng it into mmm or ultimate cycler?!
I'll buy 3 brand nu gwagon the following year and then, daura govt will come after me for using my salary to make more money.
Daura govt is a shame.
That's why He is in Court to defend himself & explain where he got his money from.

2 Likes

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by 1shortblackboy: 8:43am On Dec 08, 2016
Jibril659:
some people from that part of the country will not see anything wrong with this. undecided
oga let them findbhim guilty first na undecided
Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by kcnwaigbo: 8:45am On Dec 08, 2016
beycity:

That's why He is in Court to defend himself & explain where he got his money from.

The onus is on the DSS or EFCC to prove that Justice Ngwuta received bribes or stole Money and not on Justice Ngwuta to prove how he made his money!!! The law does not wpork that way.Unless the DSS has irrefutable proof that the N500M was from proceeds of corruption,they have no case!!! The burden of proof rests on the prosecution and not defense.That is law101

2 Likes

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by Ijaya123: 8:45am On Dec 08, 2016
illuminated93:
Just imagine the way Nigerians think, little wonder we elected a buhari who is bereft of knowledge. Even if the judge spent 1trillion dollars is it your business. Instead of the DSS to work hard in providing facts to back their stand on him acquiring wealth in a clandestine manner they go to court talking about how much he has spent thus far as their only evidence. With no video evidence,photo evidence,but armed with the weapon of media trial,they want us to agree with them as if we are zombies.
#idiots

Nobody needs your agreement. The judge is already having his day in court and witnesses will be testifying.

From your post, you need to educate yourself more on how legal matters play out.

1 Like

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by kcnwaigbo: 8:47am On Dec 08, 2016
Ijaya123:

Nobody needs your agreement. The judge is already having his day in court and witnesses will be testifying.

From your post, you need to educate yourself more on how legal matters play out.

he is right.The judg can spend any amount of money he likes!!! Unless the govet can prove the spent money was proceeds of corruption,they have no case
Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by mars123(m): 8:51am On Dec 08, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
The judge aint a limited basterddddd, he doesn't work for the govt alone, he's into many other things too.

I'll buy 3 brand nu gwagon the following year and then, daura govt will come after me for using my salary to make more money.
Daura govt is a shame.
see my fellow compatriot.

1 Like

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by 2HASUM(m): 8:52am On Dec 08, 2016
Are you sure you are well at all?
Ofemmanu1:

Daura govt is a shame.

1 Like

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by ikwubaba: 9:07am On Dec 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

he is right.The judg can spend any amount of money he likes!!! Unless the govet can prove the spent money was proceeds of corruption,they have no case

You guys should wake up. Inexplicable wealth is considered proceed of crime. Even the judge knows that. Reason for running helter skelter You cannot just wake up in any sane clime and be spending above your means, and expect the government to look on until someone reports.

Even in your house, what do u do if any of your dependants is spending more than you give them? You look on No wonder we are in the mess we find ourselves

2 Likes

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by Sibrah: 9:22am On Dec 08, 2016
Flyingngel:
That is to say the fucking Judge is highly corrupt.
And same jugde will send a chicken theif to jail . . .

1 Like

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by ngolokante(m): 9:25am On Dec 08, 2016
mufasapapasanta:
What if the judge in question has other investments outside he's monthly wages,considering the huge monthly earnings, one can easily invest in big business.. That can yield even more than the alleged 500m, just saying.

That's why we are waiting for his lordship to tell us what those other investments are bearing in mind that as a public servant you are not allowed to engage in business other than agriculture while in office...and mind you, that's 500m plus the huge sums found in his house in Abuja, the certificates of landed properties he tried to hide...we dey wait

1 Like

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by Flyingngel(m): 9:25am On Dec 08, 2016
Sibrah post:And same jugde will send a chicken thief to jail . . .

Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by kcnwaigbo: 9:27am On Dec 08, 2016
ngolokante:

That's why we are waiting for his lordship to tell us what those other investments are bearing in mind that as a public servant you are not allowed to engage in business other than agriculture while in office...and mind you, that's 500m plus the huge sums found in his house in Abuja, the certificates of landed properties he tried to hide...we dey wait

The DSS who brought him to court are the ones to avail us of proof of corruption and not the other way round

1 Like

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by nwakibie3(m): 9:31am On Dec 08, 2016
psalmsjob:

BVN is the reason for keeping such money at home these days because gone are the days when he can open 20 accounts in 1 bank interchanging is surname, first-name, middle-name, tribal name and baptismal-name and then repeating the process in every other bank using the names of all his family members including houseboy and pets to conceal the true owner of the money.

BVN and TSA is one of the #Change I voted for and I'm proud of its outcome. You can never get Justice before such men even if you're wealthy because their judgments goes to the highest bidders.

RIP english...... but wait ooo which year was the BVN exercise carried out or are u talking about when u opened ur account? and which govt initiated the TSA policy?

1 Like

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by Boyooosa(m): 9:31am On Dec 08, 2016
O ye Wailers, where art thou?
Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by mapet: 9:33am On Dec 08, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Daura govt is a shame.

Bros,

Simple things can be done. The law does not permit a judge to be "into many other things too"

1 Like

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by mapet: 9:34am On Dec 08, 2016
frenchwine:
It's very sad that many of us are being played to the gallery, this is exactly the government's plan.
Truth is that Justice Ngwuta just like every single one of the Judges is corrupt, ditto for the legislators and executives. Yet only a few are singled out and demonised on behalf of them all.
We really need to learn how to read between the lines

....and when we "read between your lines", then what? Let corruption continue?
Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by mapet: 9:35am On Dec 08, 2016
tyav7:
Read somewhere that the man was into buying and selling of agro products

That in itself illegal
Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by lastpage: 9:35am On Dec 08, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Daura govt is a shame.

Are you always this D@ft or this is just momentary insanity?

Judge into many things like Money laundering and Passport racketeering!
undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by ngolokante(m): 9:37am On Dec 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

The DSS who brought him to court are the ones to avail us of proof of corruption and not the other way round

Look at this way, if you give your child or dependent 1k as monthly stipends and he spends 10k and you question him but rather than explain how he got the money or accept his guilt, he tells you that it's you that is accusing him that has to prove that he is a thief or into shady and dubious things not the other way round...does that make sense?...Anyways, mind you his lordship his not asking the court to throw out the case coz the DSS has not provided evidence, he is asking for time to prepare his defences and probably lay the grounds for a plea bargain...

2 Likes

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by mapet: 9:37am On Dec 08, 2016
WOCKHARDI:
Three questions to whom it may concern :
1. Is it established that this is part of the so called Dasukigate? Most likely, NO.
2. Has the government or anybody or institution traced its missing money to this man? Again, NO.
3. Most importantly, throughout the tenure of this man as a Justice of the High Court, can a single case be cited where his judgement was compromised as to assume that he took bribe money? And has anyone come forward to claim he/she bribed him to influence his/her case?
So no one should have money in excess of his /her official earning, cannot own Company shares or have other legitimate sources of income? SMH.
Don't misunderstand me. I abhor corruption. My only worry is that only a few will be made scapegoats rightly or wrongly. We know the really corrupt Nigerians but they are untouchable. Poor Ngwuta.

Obviously you don't

2 Likes

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by ngolokante(m): 9:39am On Dec 08, 2016
mapet:

Obviously you don't

Obviously he/she doesn't abhor corruption

1 Like

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by nwakibie3(m): 9:39am On Dec 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

The onus is on the DSS or EFCC to prove that Justice Ngwuta received bribes or stole Money and not on Justice Ngwuta to prove how he made his money!!! The law does not wpork that way.Unless the DSS has irrefutable proof that the N500M was from proceeds of corruption,they have no case!!! The burden of proof rests on the prosecution and not defense.That is law101

Dont mind them, u arrested someone and rushed to charge him to court instead of doing ur proper investigation to get facts and evidences. they are now putting it on the defence to prove that he is not corrupt. thats why they never won any case.
Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by mapet: 9:44am On Dec 08, 2016
ikwubaba:

kcnwaigbo: :

Even in your house, what do u do if any of your dependants is spending more than you give them? You look on No wonder we are in the mess we find ourselves

Let me help you phrase it better?

"What will you do if your teenage daughter is spending an amount more than the combined salary of you and your wife?"

2 Likes

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by kcnwaigbo: 9:55am On Dec 08, 2016
mapet:

Let me help you phrase it better?

"What will you do if your teenage daughter is spending an amount more than the combined salary of you and your wife?"

But Justice Ngwuta is no teenager? He is old enough to spend his money.This your anology doers not hold any water

1 Like

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by NICENEDU29: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2016
ashjay001:

If u know anything about d law, u'll realise, d onus is on d judge to prove where he got d excessive wealth from! That's why he is in court!

Recieve b.......
My dear I think you got it wrong. This is a criminal trial & the required standard of proof is proof beyond reasonable doubts. So, if there is any iotha or minute or atom of doubt in the mind of the Court, no matter how little it may be, the issue will be resolved in favour of the accused person. Now in this instant case, I strongly believe dat the FG being the prosecution has a lot of work to do in order to prove their case. The FG is alleging dat the money found on the accused person was illegally acquired & the onus is on them to prove to the Court & beyond reasonable doubt too that the money was actually acquired illegally. After doing so, the onus will then shift to the accused person to disprove that fact and he can do so by proving to the Court dat he actually acquired the money legally.

1 Like

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by kcnwaigbo: 10:06am On Dec 08, 2016
ngolokante:

Look at this way, if you give your child or dependent 1k as monthly stipends and he spends 10k and you question him but rather than explain how he got the money or accept his guilt, he tells you that it's you that is accusing him that has to prove that he is a thief or into shady and dubious things not the other way round...does that make sense?...Anyways, mind you his lordship his not asking the court to throw out the case coz the DSS has not provided evidence, he is asking for time to prepare his defences and probably lay the grounds for a plea bargain...

plea bargain? LOLZ Continue to dream.BTW in law ,the burden of proof is on the prosecution.This is basic law and I wonder how someone would be arguing that in the 21st century.The DSS has accused the judge of some crimes,there are the ones who are expected to present evidence to back up their claims and not the other way round
Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by kcnwaigbo: 10:08am On Dec 08, 2016
ashjay001:

If u know anything about d law, u'll realise, d onus is on d judge to prove where he got d excessive wealth from! That's why he is in court!

Recieve b.......

seriously I am surprised by the level of ignorance been displayed on this thread!!!
Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by mapet: 10:10am On Dec 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

But Justice Ngwuta is no teenager? He is old enough to spend his money.This your anology doers not hold any water

My "anology"? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously Justice Ngwuta, just like the teenage daughter in my analogy, is subjected to the rules of the house (Nigeria)

1 Like

Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by NICENEDU29: 10:15am On Dec 08, 2016
psalmsjob:

BVN is the reason for keeping such money at home these days because gone are the days when he can open 20 accounts in 1 bank interchanging is surname, first-name, middle-name, tribal name and baptismal-name and then repeating the process in every other bank using the names of all his family members including houseboy and pets to conceal the true owner of the money.

BVN and TSA is one of the #Change I voted for and I'm proud of its outcome. You can never get Justice before such men even if you're wealthy because their judgments goes to the highest bidders.
My friend please do not misinform yourself. Stop crediting BVN to the so-called CHANGE you blindly voted for. BVN was already in place before the "CHANGE" came into power. I can vividly remember the date, time & place that I did my own BVN registration. That was in February 2015, even before the electon took place. Even TSA was already on board before the CHANGE took over, but not fully implemented then.
Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by kcnwaigbo: 10:24am On Dec 08, 2016
mapet:

My "anology"? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously Justice Ngwuta, just like the teenage daughter in my analogy, is subjected to the rules of the house (Nigeria)

so where in the rule of the house(Nigeria) is spending N500M a crime?
Re: Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF by NICENEDU29: 10:27am On Dec 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Gbam! Exactly my position. Thank you my brother. Please help me educate all these laymen on this forum. Thank God we still have learned and brilliant ones like you. In fact, even the dullest year one Law student of any University knows that law very well in Law 101.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MURIC To Tinubu: Ensure The Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools / Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television / President Buhari Arrives Katsina On A 4-Day Working Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.