Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:59 PM

My Big Problem With The New Airtel 'life Without Data' TV Advert - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Big Problem With The New Airtel 'life Without Data' TV Advert (2056 Views)

Which TV Advert Is The Best You've Ever Seen / Nollywood At Your Pocket Without Data Usage / How Do People Land On TV Advert Roles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Big Problem With The New Airtel 'life Without Data' TV Advert by blueink: 11:07am On Dec 08, 2016
I was kinda thinking of what my next entry for blueink.ng was gonna be when I stumbled on the new Airtel Nigeria advert titled 'Life Without Data'. The advert stars Gabriel Afolayan and he was very outstanding. Youtube adverts can sometimes be annoying and most times I don't hesitate to click the 'Skip Advert' button once the countdown is done but on this very day, for some strange reasons, after the countdown I allowed the advert to keep playing. I don't know if it was the Asa sound track playing in the background or not but from the word go, the advert caught my attention and held it.

The advert is creative, simple and also very funny so it was definitely a very good advert. But what really make for a good advert? A good advert :

has to be memorable
has to make you laugh
has to have something you can relate to
has to have a clear cut message
has to be professional.

The advert is two minutes long and that's too long for a modern day advert. A marketing pro once told me that human attention span these days is very short and that's why most adverts are seconds long. Unlike in the past when adverts were 4 to 5 minutes long. This supposedly long advert has been viewed over five hundred thousand times on Airtel youtube channel. The most viewed content on that channel to date. So this advert is great! Or so I thought, initially until I got to the tail end of it then I saw it.

Continue here http://blueink.ng/articledetails.aspx?id=60

Re: My Big Problem With The New Airtel 'life Without Data' TV Advert by greatnaija01: 11:11am On Dec 08, 2016
LIFE WITHOUT DATA WAS MUCH BETTER IN A BROAD SENSE THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW.
Re: My Big Problem With The New Airtel 'life Without Data' TV Advert by akankemi1(f): 12:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
This my best advert for the year. i so love this advert ehn.
Re: My Big Problem With The New Airtel 'life Without Data' TV Advert by homesteady(m): 5:06am On Dec 09, 2016
Sorry, but showing armpit hair, which would also be rough and unkempt, would be a huge turn-off for me and many other people!
Re: My Big Problem With The New Airtel 'life Without Data' TV Advert by Marotzke(m): 11:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
What do you say of the Igboro advert that is currently trending?
Re: My Big Problem With The New Airtel 'life Without Data' TV Advert by Passionate888: 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2019
Continue where? Post it here or forget it...

(1) (Reply)

Compare And Contrast Channels Television And AIT. / Nollywood Box Office Returns Will Be A Laughing Stock In Hollywood / Thank God For TSTV Ooooo...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.