Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? (5870 Views)

Soccer Age Cheat Saga, "I'm 20 Not 23"-emem Eduok. / @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... / Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:38am On Nov 12, 2009
Reported on the Punch Newspaper Frontpage 12-11-2009

Full Post from Sahara Reporters
http://saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4211:nigeria-golden-eaglets-captain-7-years-ago&catid=58:football&Itemid=182

Adokiye Amiesimaka, former Green Eagles player, former Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Rivers, former Chairman of Sharks Football Club has been castigated for saying that Fortune Chukwudi, captain of Nigeria's Golden Eaglets is at least 25 year old.

Mr. Chukwu registered as a youth player with Sharks in 2002, as an 18 year old (which could still have been above the age limit for this competition). Adokiye was Sharks Chairman at the time and knows the player very well.

Fortune chukwudi today-still under -17 ?
Please find attached photograph taken in 2002(7 YEARS AGO) at Sharks Stadium, Port Harcourt of some members of the feeder team of Sharks. Standing 4th from left is current U-17 captain of Nigeria at on-going FIFA U-17 WC in Nigeria. To his immediate right is James Peter who played for Premier League Sharks until 2 years ago. To his immediate left is Oyinkuro Sinclair, son of coach Monday Sinclair. Standing 3rd from the right is Belema Fenibo who also played for the senior team of Sharks for several years and is now with Ocean Boys.

Can those who insist that Chukwudi is U-17 provide proof? Chukwudi may not be the only over-aged in this team, but he is the one where is proof now.

Nigerians should not allow some greedy, corrupt elements to waste our national resources on old people parading as U-17 players.

All those involved in this should be explaining what they know about this scandal, including FIFA's silence.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by scottN(m): 10:52am On Nov 12, 2009
Hmmmm saw it this morning but well what do u expect. Besides is this the first time? I don't think so. As for FIFA's silence, they have to make money from this tournament!
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:03am On Nov 12, 2009
I have read several posts on Nairaland and followed caller responses to the issue on radio.

We seem to have some general consensus split among three schools of thought

1: Adokiyie is a simple bastard who has a hidden or obvious agenda, possibly a vengeful loser who could not get his own over-aged players into the under-17 team.
2: Adokiyie is right to tell the Truth but he should have either told it earlier to allow NFF substitute the player for a more youthful under-17. or better yet, he should have waited until after the competition was over and Nigeria had the trophy safely in her locker before coming out to complain.
3: We deserve the shame if we ever get caught in this scandal. NFF had all the time to test,verify and confirm the Ages and history of all the players assigned to Obuh.

What are your thoughts as we play Spain today in what the bookmakers are labeling a Fire-Cracker of a Match. Should we win and progress to the Fifa Under-17 Finals and eventually take the trophy, are we going to forget this ever happened, or will it simply become irrelevant since FIFA did not say a word on it
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by honeric01(m): 11:11am On Nov 12, 2009
Why now?

Why didn't they come before the tournament or after the tournament?

Does the person trying to do this have the interest of the country at heart or just out on a vendetta?
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by galatico(m): 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2009
So pathetic!!!!
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by proudly9ja(m): 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2009
honeric01:

Why now?

Why didn't they come before the tournament or after the tournament?

Does the person trying to do this have the interest of the country at heart or just out on a vendetta?

I think it depends on what you mean by interest of the country.

If its in the interest of the country that we keep cheating just to keep winning and protect cheats just to save our name, then I think it will be also unfair for the EFCC to keep prosecuting the Iboris and Kalus of this world. Afterall, we are only dragging our name in the mud too.

But if interest of the country means that we cleanse our system from these kind of cheating and purge our system of cheats at all levels, then I will agree that no matter what time Adokie came with his list, it is in our best interest.

In the end, looking at the latter point, if we can purge our system now, it may hurt us now and we will definitely suffer some consequencies now, but eventually, in the long run, it will be for our good because we will be taken seriously at all levels. Apart from that, in the long run, we will also have stronger teams who will develop through the system and peak at the right time. That will be of benefit for us eventually.

I am surprised nobody is asking the FA questions. Why are we all quick to condemn Adokie? Why is noone looking in the direction of the FA and Sports ministry? The FA came out before the competition and told us that they will not rely on the result of the MRI scan. They told us they will also call parents on the boys to 'testify' on their true ages. That was when I began to suspect there was something wrong. I can bet my that some of the boys who were disqualified by the supposed MRI scan done in Lagos and UAE are still in the team under a different name.

Questions I have for NFF, why didn't they release the photo IDs of the players before they secretely shipped them away to UAE? Why didn't these boys play a friendly match in Nigeria and that way we would have been able to access and see the players and maybe then expose the cheats among them?
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by MrCrackles(m): 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2009
So we can conclusively say that dude is around 40 shocked
Old fucking men parading as youngsters. . .
The bullshit has got to stop
Every fucking cheat outhere shall be caught! grin
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by scottN(m): 12:57pm On Nov 12, 2009
proudly9ja:

I think it depends on what you mean by interest of the country.

If its in the interest of the country that we keep cheating just to keep winning and protect cheats just to save our name, then I think it will be also unfair for the EFCC to keep prosecuting the Iboris and Kalus of this world. Afterall, we are only dragging our name in the mud too.

But if interest of the country means that we cleanse our system from these kind of cheating and purge our system of cheats at all levels, then I will agree that no matter what time Adokie came with his list, it is in our best interest.

In the end, looking at the latter point, if we can purge our system now, it may hurt us now and we will definitely suffer some consequencies now, but eventually, in the long run, it will be for our good because we will be taken seriously at all levels. Apart from that, in the long run, we will also have stronger teams who will develop through the system and peak at the right time. That will be of benefit for us eventually.

I am surprised nobody is asking the FA questions. Why are we all quick to condemn Adokie? Why is noone looking in the direction of the FA and Sports ministry? The FA came out before the competition and told us that they will not rely on the result of the MRI scan. They told us they will also call parents on the boys to 'testify' on their true ages. That was when I began to suspect there was something wrong. I can bet my that some of the boys who were disqualified by the supposed MRI scan done in Lagos and UAE are still in the team under a different name.

Questions I have for NFF, why didn't they release the photo IDs of the players before they secretely shipped them away to UAE? Why didn't these boys play a friendly match in Nigeria and that way we would have been able to access and see the players and maybe then expose the cheats among them?

well said but believe me as long FIFA keeps mute on this matter nothing's gonna happen. I just hope that all these academies/talent hunts springing up and organized by our footballers and other bodies will address these issues. And as for NFF, it didn't just start now!
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by honeric01(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2009
scottN:

well said but believe me as long FIFA keeps mute on this matter nothing's gonna happen. I just hope that all these academies/talent hunts springing up and organized by our footballers and other bodies will address these issues. And as for NFF, it didn't just start now!

Do you watch the JJ okocha oceanic talent show? do you? 98% of the players paraded at the talent show are not the ages they declared. if it's accepted by oceanic bank and jj okocha to cheat even when they claim they are looking for talents for Nigeria. how then do you expect the true ages when it's accepted both by public and private people in Nigeria.

@post:
I don't support age cheats but what i am saying is that, why did adokie have to wait till when we are doing well before he knew he would publish all these? is this really to weed out the age cheats or to smite the coach and the players? this is what i still don't understand.

Why didn't he publish this when the tourney was yet to start or even wait till after the tournament?
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by proudly9ja(m): 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2009
honeric,

While I do not want to speak for Adokie, I also have some questions to ask.

Why did the NFA shroud the preparation of these boys in secrecy?
Immediately after the MRI scan, they took the boys to UAE. Infact the NFA chairman came out and said the will take testimonies of the parents of the boys as evidence of their ages. That was when I began to smell trouble.

Are we really sure the boys underwent the MRI scan? Which hospital and can they show us the pictures of the boys who failed the scan?
Before the tournament, a newspaper reported that one of the boys who failed the MRI scan was still included in the team. Knowing Nigeria, this won't be hard. All he has to do is change his name, simple and no one will know.

Another question is, why didn't the boys play a friendly match in Nigeria before the tournament or at least why didn't the NFA publish the list of players plus their photo IDs way before the tournament? That way, people would have spoken out. If the NFA had done this and Adokie had still waited till now to speak then I would have suspected bad blood too. But giving Adokie benefit of doubt, he said, he wrote aout the boy immediately he saw his picture when it was released before the tournament.

Overall, whether there is bad blood or not, the fact is that we have once again shown we are a rogue Nation and the only way out is to punish those involved. Maybe not even the players, but the people involved in covering up the misdeeds.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by Damoche10: 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2009
Na wa o. Finally the cat has been let loose. That guy should be executed or killed.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by scottN(m): 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2009
Damoche10:

Na wa o. Finally the cat has been let loose. That guy should be executed or killed.
Is it really the guy's fault? I think NFF and its administrators should be held responsible for this scandal
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by 9ijaprince(m): 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2009
I hate this. People should leave this young man alone. Why not say this before the tournament?
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by Jonnic1(m): 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2009
Adokiye is entitled to his observations/opinions.  But may I ask, why now, when the world cup is ongoing? Was he aware of the inclusion of Fortune Chukwudi in the squad before the competition began? If yes, what did he do or say? did he come out to tell the NFA and the World that Chukwudi was well over aged or he is just getting to know that he was included in the team? so many questions. Sometimes I wonder what informed Adokiyes outburst at this point in time.  Let's stop deceiving ourselves, I am not supporting age cheats in anyway, but lets be honest for once, how may of us talking about age cheats do in all honesty declare our true age in documentation/applications/vacancies we apply for. In Nigeria today people hide their true age for various reasons, especially in the civil service.

Did we care to ask about the players paraded by other Countries if they are truly 17 years of age or not, or is it in Nigeria alone that we have supposedly age cheats? How many of you can truly raise a team of true under 17 players if supposedly you are appointed to raise an under 17 side for Nigeria? When you were 17 years old how did you look like, perhaps you have boys and girls around you who are 17 years of age, how do they look like? So what I am saying in effect is that placed in the same situation as Coach of the under 17 side, most of us will definitely include over aged players in the team.

Adokiye that is shouting today I can bet you that if giving the opportunity to raise an under 17 side for Nigeria cannot raise a true set of players who are just 17 years of age or under.  To my mind, FIFA has the final say in respect of fishing out over aged players. That is the reason why they have introduced the  MRI Test to help determine the true age of players and they have stated categorically that players are being tested randomly and results will be released accordingly. I personally believe that there is no player in the Eaglets team that is truly 17 years of age but as long as FiFA's MRI test say they are within the age bracket so be it.  After the competition we can sit down as a country and find ways to raise a true under 17 side for future competitions. But I count it absurd for somebody to come  out at this point in time to start chorusing over age about your Countries player/s while d competition is in progress. For the records, the Nigeria version of the  MRI test was carried out in the National Hospital Abuja.S
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by MrCrackles(m): 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2009
9ijaprince:

I hate this. People should leave this young man alone. Why not say this before the tournament?
Young man shocked shocked shocked
Do you mean old man grin
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by otokx(m): 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2009
FIFA knows they made a mistake by coming to Nigeria but its all about the money and those men might be disgraced by the spanish boys today.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by ariy(m): 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2009
Jonnic1:

Adokiye is entitled to his observations/opinions.  But may I ask, why now, when the world cup is ongoing? Was he aware of the inclusion of Fortune Chukwudi in the squad before the competition began? If yes, what did he do or say? did he come out to tell the NFA and the World that Chukwudi was well over aged or he is just getting to know that he was included in the team? so many questions. Sometimes I wonder what informed Adokiyes outburst at this point in time.  Let's stop deceiving ourselves, I am not supporting age cheats in anyway, but lets be honest for once, how may of us talking about age cheats do in all honesty declare our true age in documentation/applications/vacancies we apply for. In Nigeria today people hide their true age for various reasons, especially in the civil service.

[size=8pt]Did we care to ask about the players paraded by other Countries if they are truly 17 years of age or not, or is it in Nigeria alone that we have supposedly age cheats?[/size] How many of you can truly raise a team of true under 17 players if supposedly you are appointed to raise an under 17 side for Nigeria? When you were 17 years old how did you look like, perhaps you have boys and girls around you who are 17 years of age, how do they look like? So what I am saying in effect is that placed in the same situation as Coach of the under 17 side, most of us will definitely include over aged players in the team.

Adokiye that is shouting today I can bet you that if giving the opportunity to raise an under 17 side for Nigeria cannot raise a true set of players who are just 17 years of age or under.  To my mind, FIFA has the final say in respect of fishing out over aged players. That is the reason why they have introduced the  MRI Test to help determine the true age of players and they have stated categorically that players are being tested randomly and results will be released accordingly. I personally believe that there is no player in the Eaglets team that is truly 17 years of age but as long as FiFA's MRI test say they are within the age bracket so be it.  After the competition we can sit down as a country and find ways to raise a true under 17 side for future competitions. But I count it absurd for somebody to come  out at this point in time to start chorusing over age about your Countries player/s while d competition is in progress. For the records, the Nigeria version of the  MRI test was carried out in the National Hospital Abuja.S

huh?
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by chrisical(m): 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2009
9ijaprince:

Which young man?The idiotic NFF officials spuriously revealed they spent N65M on the MRI test yet an over-aged baboon claims he is under-17.Pathetic.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by bawomolo(m): 6:44pm On Nov 12, 2009
see this agbaya 25 year olds bullying underaged Korean high school kids. For those saying, Nigerian has no choice but to field under-aged players. Yes u do have a choice, WITHDRAW FROM THE COMPETITION if you can't meet eligibility rules.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by jpworld(m): 12:22am On Nov 13, 2009
Men this is Ojoro! this guy is more than 27 years old and he is playing against boys he is 10 years older, and Nigeria is glorifying this players, pure ojoro, we all knew this problem has started 20 years ago philip osundu, opabumi even kanu all the u-17 is over aged! but why 27/28/29 years old man, why not even 19/20/21 is much ok, and my last question why all the big European media house ignore this news, Fuk FIFA! this tournament is waste of money,
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by Digriz(m): 5:28am On Nov 13, 2009
@jpworld
Wat concern u wt dat? If d win d cup nw u wld b celebrating wt them. Nigerians like pulling down their own who's progressing and as for Adokie or wateva u called hm,he's just been jealous and shuld b cautioned for outbursting his wrath at dis stage of d tournament.
I neva support age cheat bt lets gv dis team d suport nw, then afta d tournament we talk abt d age cheat.
Mind u that they are cheating Africans too thru bad officiating by d referees,our case was different because we are hosting and d knw d implication of early exit frm d tournament.
So my fellows,lets b hapy and gv our suport to ths boys 4 bringing smiles to our faces than critisizing them out of notin.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by ayusman16(m): 5:35am On Nov 13, 2009
jpworld:

Men this is Ojoro! this guy is more than 27 years old and he is playing against boys he is 10 years older, and Nigeria is glorifying this players, pure ojoro, we all knew this problem has started 20 years ago philip osundu, opabumi even kanu all the u-17 is over aged! but why 27/28/29 years old man, why not even 19/20/21 is much ok, and my last question why all the big European media house ignore this news, Fuk FIFA! this tournament is waste of money,

Why must it be 19/20/21? why not real U17? It just shows the decay in our system. Most Nigerians are guilty of falsifying their ages even our government officials. I pray we lose against the Swiss to prove that cheating does not always pay.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by Digriz(m): 5:37am On Nov 13, 2009
Another evil mind!
D neva like seeing peoples progress and u cn neva pls them.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by ayusman16(m): 5:40am On Nov 13, 2009
Digriz:

Another evil mind!

Abi? Anybody that supports age cheats is also guilty.

I am sure if you break into somebody's house and successfully get away with the property, you will give thanksgiving in church?
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by Digriz(m): 5:50am On Nov 13, 2009
If your anoyd and raging as fire out of anger and hatred for d boys,go and report to Sepp Blatter cos he's in Nigeria.
Nigerians,if u play badly d wl say dat your unpatriotic nw d boys wnt to put smiles on our faces thru their progress,its nw age cheat. Na waa o! Even Obadya or wat u cal hm dat win d golden boot 4 Ghana in Egypt,was he unda 20 too? Nigerians are cause of their backwardness.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by ayusman16(m): 5:53am On Nov 13, 2009
Digriz:

If your anoyd and raging as fire out of anger and hatred for d boys,go and report to Sepp Blatter cos he's in Nigeria.
Nigerians,if u play badly d wl say dat your unpatriotic nw d boys wnt to put smiles on our faces thru their progress,its nw age cheat. Nm waa o!

Your defence of age cheats is very poor. It shows the kind of Nigerian you are. I am sure you mostly likely to be guilty of the same offence.

Anyway, i am not shocked. You are a Nigerian!
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by Digriz(m): 6:07am On Nov 13, 2009
If ur nt a Nigerian u beta leave us out of ds thread to discus our issue.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by ayusman16(m): 6:30am On Nov 13, 2009
Your issue to cheat? Your issue to support old men to cheat kids in this tournament? Your issue indeed. Pathetic cheats!
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by Digriz(m): 6:56am On Nov 13, 2009
Am nt a cheat cos my profile pic shows dat am me bt ur truly d master cheat by impersonating anoda guys pics.
Judge by your ownself nw,who's d real cheat here?
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by yoji: 7:08am On Nov 13, 2009
to see oour boys bully those spaniards was a total disgrace. it was obviuos they were not mates. they neva won 50/50 tackles and got tired towards the end.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by ayusman16(m): 7:23am On Nov 13, 2009
Digriz:

Am nt a cheat cos my profile pic shows dat am me bt your truly d master cheat by impersonating anoda guys pics.
Judge by your ownself nw,who's d real cheat here?

Just like your profile shows you are in Naija but claimed tobe in another country. Internet fraudster. Anybody who supports cheats like you is a master cheat. You need to be tied and flogged like a criminal.

And who says am impersonatiing? Anyway, it shows how shallow minded you are.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by Digriz(m): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2009
Am a Nigerian to my last blood bt am nt a novice to Sweden cos i did my PGD there. So wat else do wnt frm me?
If u realy wnt 2 knw me personaly i wl gv u d attention to com and pay me a visit in my office so dat u wl believe. Thnks, its a pleasure talking wt u. I resign!

(1) (2) (Reply)

2weeks Free Tips / NFF Proposes N524m For Canada 2015 / Two Major Reasons Why Nairabet Is Better Than Bet9ja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.