Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" (25383 Views)

Amaechi To Nigerians: Rate My Performance In Transport Sector So Far / Tony Nwoye & APC Supporters In A Beer Parlour Chilling Anambra (Photos) / Rivers Rerun: Amaechi Storms Port-Harcourt, Takes A Stroll On The Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by sirequity(m): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
A former Governor of Rivers State and serving Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, has charged supporters of the All Progressives Congress in the state to match their Peoples Democratic Party counterparts with force as the two parties prepare for rerun polls on Saturday.
“This Is what I called “elections of our lives,” said Mr. Amaechi addressing supporters during APC’s mega rally in Port Harcourt on Thursday.

The rally witnessed presence of APC leaders, including Chairman John Odigie-Oyegun, 12 governors and federal lawmakers.

Speaking further, Mr. Amaechi, said, “I used to tell you” please don’t fight”. But I think we will bend it a beat.
“Don’t kill anybody but don’t be killed. My friend in the army told me if bullet is fired, the person that hears the sound is not the one that dies.

“If you allow them to shoot you, you will die. It’s not only them that have rights to life.”

Following court rulings that invalidated 2015 National Assembly and State House elections in the oil-rich State, the Independent National Electoral Commission had earlier conducted rerun polls on March 19.
But the exercise was marred by violence, forcing INEC to suspend the elections- now to be held on Saturday.

The Saturday rerun elections will hold across three senatorial districts, eight federal constituencies and 10 state constituencies.

But the rhetoric from both APC and PDP leaders have heat up the build-up to the rescheduled elections, raising fears of electoral violence again.

Also speaking at Thursday’s APC rally, various leaders of the party charged their followers to confront PDP.
Severally, they said, “if they push you, push them; if they slap you slap them.”

In his remarks, Mr. Odigie-Oyegun reassured APC supporters of “federal might”.

Other APC leaders at the rally were Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal; Kano State Governor, Umar Ganduje; former Akwa Ibom Governor, Don Etiebet; a senator, Jibrin Barau; and Ondo State Governor-elect, Rotimi Akeredolu, among others.

But in a swift reaction, PDP-controlled Rivers Government slammed APC leaders for inciting violence in the State.

In a statement, the State’s Commissioner for Information, Austin Tam-George, blamed “the Minister for Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi for importing thugs and Boko Haram fighters, disguised as APC supporters, to cause mayhem in Rivers State.

“Governor Ganduje had charged APC supporters to resort to violence during the rerun elections in Rivers State on Saturday, saying: “if they shoot you, take cover and shoot them.

“This is a shameful and egregious invitation to violence by the Kano State governor.”

The Commissioner urged the people of Rivers State to resist any acts of electoral fraud by the police, INEC and APC before, during and after the elections on Saturday.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/217385-rivers-rerun-amaechi-charges-apc-supporters-retaliate-attacked.html

4 Likes

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by sirequity(m): 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2016
Lalasticlala Ameachi is inciting violence o

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by sirequity(m): 3:29pm On Dec 08, 2016
Sarrki shey yhu dey hear your Oga, because of when e go start.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by softwerk(f): 3:30pm On Dec 08, 2016
I'm still in doubt if it's not the same actor that starred in both The Transporter and Above the Law!!!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by angeltolly(f): 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2016
I hope both Amaechi and Wike's children will lead the youths in the shooting competition

Senseless youths too will be following these ones. Leaders of tomorrow. Smh

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by swagagolic01(m): 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
See the idiot making noise again.... if them like let them bring Boko Haram soldiers here, they can't intimidate us, Amaechi be ready, any attempt to rig the election inec will count body bags....

28 Likes

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by ukenke: 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2016
Really?
swagagolic01:
See the idiot making noise again.... if them like let them bring Boko Haram soldiers here, they can't intimidate us, Amaechi be ready, any attempt to rig the election inec will count body bags....

3 Likes

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
grin
Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by Bari22: 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
This is the only language wike seems to understand, good advice from the lion of ubima.

27 Likes

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by ComputerSeller: 4:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
I'm yet to hear about any of these politicians children 'slap', push and kill' themselves in solidarity with their parents.

13 Likes

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by Fairgodwin(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
I am petrified! I cannot believe a federal figure like Amaechi, a supposed learned human being, could make such statement, highly capable of inciting gross violence. Pitiful!
And I can bet my entire life his children are not part of those he was addressing: other people's beloved children.
Well, I don't blame him; I believe those people made themselves available.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by EmekaBlue(m): 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by freshness2020: 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
Some foolish fools will be dying for nothing for politicians that barely knows their name.
Sure, there will be scapegoats.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by feezeedee(m): 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
no oooo dey no go die....they will live long to vote more

1 Like

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by Organizer111222(m): 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
in other words SHOOT THEM FIRST ..... kai I fear for blood

5 Likes

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by hotice01: 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
A minister of the federal republic of Nigeria,instigating violence all because of political offices.
Anyone who engages in any violent act cuz of these power greedy old foo.ls is even a bigger foo.l.
Is this the kind of governance and utterance that should be associated with a minister?
Anyone on Nairaland that supports what he has said or supports violence in this coming election,may u be part of the body count!

I love my country but I'm ASHAMED of our leaders!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by seXytOhbAd(m): 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
So there's gonna be a Royal Rumble going down in Ptown

Time to port to Calabar...
BTW see my flows... Down, town... Airforce1 come and feature me oh, na 2mill per feature... I will burst berra than ycee for you

1 Like

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by idupaul: 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
Just Negodu the kind of nonsense a serving minister is spewing ....you would think it's an ISIS commander talkingg to his fighters

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by Bants(m): 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
I hope APC lose this election...Ameachi might never come back to PH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by Omeokachie: 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
Now it is clear who has stockpiled arms for this election.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by sammyj: 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
Both APC and PDP are same of the same. I am not supporting any one of the just hope any other party wins that election because this guys don't care about us!!! angry undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by hedonistic: 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
And this kind of character is a prominent member of Buhari's "change" cabinet? The shameful fact that such OPENLY uttered incendiary comments will be condoned (or even encouraged/approved) by the idiotic Buhari presidency speaks volumes.

Fellow Nigerians, your woes are only just beginning. Brace up.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by bareal(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
Depends in the place you allow them to shoot....if you allow them to shoot your leg, then you will not die grin
Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by abdul4new(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
Ameachi and APC in Rivers need deliverance....

7 Likes

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by frubben(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
And their children's are nt even in nigeria.

This skin colour is cursed

2 Likes

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by Wiseoldman: 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2016

6 Likes

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by teemy(m): 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2016
if a sitting minister tells you to take the law into your hands it confirms that the current administration he is a part of cannot assure the security of your life and properties. i hope the good people of rivers would be pro life and vote in peace.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by princessG35: 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hope their children will come out to vote & also resist rigging

1 Like

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by Austin4lif: 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
APC is satanic, quote me any where. It is a cursed party. Any state that vote for APC is cursed. Rivers state, it is your decision to halt the islamization agenda of the Islamic World in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by recievesense: 4:28pm On Dec 08, 2016
softwerk:
I'm still in doubt if it's not the same actor that starred in both The Transporter and Above the Law!!!

Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by dharmiedrums(m): 4:28pm On Dec 08, 2016
What a pity. How did we get to this NAIJA cry
Re: Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2016
This is treasonable, but he hasn't said anything worse than what Buhari himself said. Na them them, party of blood suckers.
I only pity the potential wasted souls this reckless statement would cost.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello And Edward Onoja Campaign In Kabba, Kogi State (Photos) / Buhari Blames Nigerian Media For Failing To Showcase His Achievements / Soyinka’s Wisdom Cures Buhari’s Impotence - Tunde Odesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.