Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom (8484 Views)

2019: New Mega Party Targets 16 Governors (see states on their radar) / Obasanjo Gives Condition To Support New Mega Party - This Day / Mega Party: Atiku, Tinubu, Makarfi’s PDP Target March 2017 Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by DAVECENA(m): 2:32am On Dec 09, 2016
Makurdi— As politicians begin realignment towards the 2019 political permutations, Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has said that he is not in talks with anyone or group to join the so-called mega party being planned to wrest power from the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

Although the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, is yet to register any party known as Mega Party, reports of a big party being planned by bigwigs from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and the ruling APC, have been gaining grounds lately.
One of the reports carried early in the week, quoted some unnamed top political sources as saying that the Mega Party was targeting 15 of the 36 Nigerian governors, among them, Samuel Ortom of Benue State, in its bid to take over government from Buhari in 2019.
However, Ortom, yesterday, lashed out at those linking him with the so-called Mega Party, saying that he is not one of those keen on leaving the APC for any other party.
Ortom, who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase, said he had not met with anyone and was not planning to leave the APC for any other party.
“We wish to categorically state that Governor Ortom is not part of such a plan. The governor, as the standard bearer of All Progressives Congress, APC, was popularly elected by the people of Benue State and is still enjoying maximum support of the people as he continues to deliver good governance, so he could not have been involved in any clandestine plot to launch another political party.
“Governor Samuel Ortom is a loyal member of the APC and is in full support of the leadership of party under the National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun.
“The governor also believes that the leadership provided by President Muhammadu Buhari is what the country needs to overcome the current challenges and is committed to supporting Mr. President to succeed.”
“The Governor says the whole world is applauding President Buhari for his anti-corruption crusade, integrity and discipline so what the President deserves is support from Nigerians and not distraction.
“The APC has brought real positive change in all ramifications of the life of the country, so I do not foresee any other political party coming to do half of what the government of our great party APC is already doing. Nigerians know that it is easier to destroy than to build. President Muhammadu Buhari is rebuilding the country and I stand solidly with him and I will continue to support him.
“Governor Ortom should therefore be excluded from any further discussion or news report regarding the new mega party. The Governor is busy with selfless service to Benue State at the moment and does not need any distraction.
“We urge all Nigerians and Benue People in particular to disregard the said report in its entirety,” the governor said.

source:

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/2019-count-mega-party-gov-ortom/

1 Share

Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by DAVECENA(m): 2:35am On Dec 09, 2016
I've learnt a vital lesson about naija politics. You take this people serious at your own peril. They've gat no permanent friend nor enemy.He smiles with Buhari today but may end up being his arch-enemy tomorrow....smh

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Boleyndynasty2(f): 2:47am On Dec 09, 2016
That's what y'all say, but when the time is right you jump ship with your 2 legs running and even flying away. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Atiku2019: 5:01am On Dec 09, 2016
Lol grin You and Senator George Akume will definitely jump ship cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by udemejack(m): 5:25am On Dec 09, 2016
there is no difference between a Nigerian Politician and a chronic prostitute,what matters most to them is 'interest'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Gozzzy(m): 6:25am On Dec 09, 2016
look at cowardly and incompetent ortom!!! He will resist anything he feels will go against his Fulani god, buhari!!! to the detriment of his people!!!

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by herzern(m): 8:02am On Dec 09, 2016
cool
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 09, 2016
Who takes a man who has only commissioned billboard serious angry

12 Likes

Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 09, 2016
Continue making noise until Wike catches you and deal with you.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by emmabest2000(m): 8:06am On Dec 09, 2016
DAVECENA:
I've learnt a vital lesson about naija politics. You take this people serious at your own peril. They've gat no permanent friend nor enemy.He smiles with Buhari today but may end up being his arch-enemy tomorrow....smh

Na now you know ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Evergreen4(m): 8:07am On Dec 09, 2016
Nigeria politicians. He's only waiting 4 the party to take off

1 Like

Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Ceenelly(m): 8:08am On Dec 09, 2016
Ok next
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Sakelv: 8:08am On Dec 09, 2016
Evergreen4:
Nigeria politicians. He's only waiting 4 the party to take off
loll
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Respect55(m): 8:09am On Dec 09, 2016
I dnt take dem serious anymore. Dnt be surprised if he is one of the chief protagonists
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Donpressman(m): 8:09am On Dec 09, 2016
Who ask you? Governor Tom Tom grin
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 09, 2016
That's for today!! tomorrow story will be different. Governors can lie
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:11am On Dec 09, 2016
ok
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by idupaul: 8:12am On Dec 09, 2016
Atiku2019:
Lol grin You and Senator George Akume will definitely jump ship cheesy

Its not even his call to make..it's the call of Senator Akuma to make ...Tiv people have a healthy respect for Atiku
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Thisis2raw(m): 8:14am On Dec 09, 2016
We don't need him sef.
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by hexy40: 8:15am On Dec 09, 2016
I remember one man that said that only witches and wizards carry broom around,(referring to APC)... latter I saw the same man dancing with broom
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by MrImole: 8:15am On Dec 09, 2016
LIAR

1 Like

Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 09, 2016
Na so una dey first talk
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by transient123(m): 8:34am On Dec 09, 2016
Who know you sef?

Mega party kho, mega mugus ni

1 Like

Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by IamISRAEL(m): 8:36am On Dec 09, 2016
Ok
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by daveP(m): 8:39am On Dec 09, 2016
Who else is tired of all these recycling of political parties in Nigeria?

These guys still think that if they roll eba into shawarma, that Nigerians would grab it with full hands.

See, if the party isn't founded on young able men, youths, just know these oldies don't just want this country to move forward.

let's get ready to give me a landslide shameful defeat,and that includes bubu too.

Enough is enough with mediocre in old men skin
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by victorazy(m): 8:51am On Dec 09, 2016
Woman better pass this Ortom of a guy!

1 Like

Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by victorazy(m): 8:53am On Dec 09, 2016
hexy40:
I remember one man that said that only witches and wizards carry broom around,(referring to APC)... latter I saw the same man dancing with broom

Who is that grin
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Rx350(m): 8:54am On Dec 09, 2016
If they say Governors come out, this one will jump up too....? A well trained dog can substitute him in governance.
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by kaystick86(m): 9:01am On Dec 09, 2016
am very sure, this guy wlil be the next MC for the new party by the time 2019 campaign starts.
Re: 2019: Count Me Out Of Mega Party— Gov Ortom by Omeokachie: 9:04am On Dec 09, 2016
You will go running to them and asking to take control of party structure when others must have done all the work and set the table ready to eat.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex For Grades: Atiku Praises Senate's Reintroduction Of Sexual Harassment Bill / TUC Gives Govs 21-day Ultimatum On Minimum Wage / S.south NEVER For Once Imagined To Be With South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.