Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Apple Switched To Naira; Gtbank Declined Payment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Apple Switched To Naira; Gtbank Declined Payment (4700 Views)

National Average Price Of Petrol Declined In February To N172.5 / Tokkida Semlek: Man Refunds N800k Paid To His GTBank Account By Mistake (Photos) / Domestic Price Of Palm Oil Declined By 25% In 12 Months To N12,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Switched To Naira; Gtbank Declined Payment by ziccoit: 8:39am On Dec 09, 2016
Apple has switched to Naira on its App Store as promised which was hitherto charged in dollar. A $13.5 app that bank would have charged me over 5k after dollar exchange abracadabra now goes for N2,900! Here is the issue, the GTBank MasterCard that I have been using without any problem before this change now failed to work. I'm now beginning to imagine the level of fraud going on in our banks. Is this failure due to the type of card, bank or both?

Re: Apple Switched To Naira; Gtbank Declined Payment by Zdoh(m): 9:04am On Dec 09, 2016
If i get you right, you are having difficulty in paying online? Check if there is other payment method on the site and let me know. WhatsApp 08088759163.
Re: Apple Switched To Naira; Gtbank Declined Payment by ziccoit: 9:16am On Dec 09, 2016
Visa and MasterCard alone.
Re: Apple Switched To Naira; Gtbank Declined Payment by abhosts(m): 10:15am On Dec 09, 2016
All Nigerian Banks have disabled Direct Currency Conversion(DCC). That means International Merchants cannot bill Nigerians in Naira.

Apple should give you the option to pay in USD.
Re: Apple Switched To Naira; Gtbank Declined Payment by ziccoit: 11:40am On Dec 09, 2016
abhosts:
All Nigerian Banks have disabled Direct Currency Conversion(DCC). That means International Merchants cannot bill Nigerians in Naira.

Apple should give you the option to pay in USD.

I know what to do if I'm desirous of getting the app. Changing the store would definitely solve the problem. Btw, that's crazy no wonder our Naira is paper weight in exchange market.
Re: Apple Switched To Naira; Gtbank Declined Payment by bedfordng(m): 1:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
ziccoit:
Apple has switched to Naira on its App Store as promised which was hitherto charged in dollar. A $13.5 app that bank would have charged me over 5k after dollar exchange abracadabra now goes for N2,900! Here is the issue, the GTBank MasterCard that I have been using without any problem before this change now failed to work. I'm now beginning to imagine the level of fraud going on in our banks. Is this failure due to the type of card, bank or both?
this issue here is that the banks are not accepting the official exchange rate from the stores. there Is discrepancies with the exchange rates bacause the stores are using official central bank exchange rate while banks are using their own black market rate so there will be declined in the transaction. this will continue to happen if apple don't revert back to.their dollar payment instead of using naira exchange on their site. same goes for facebook, amazon, google play store as they are also having same issue due to this introduction of naira exchange rate which is causing dcc issue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should I Join Longrich / ESOSHIPPING Number 1 legal abroad dropshipping Brand in nigeria. / Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.