Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. (36057 Views)

Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures: Photos Of Bunkery Boat Destroyed This Morning.. / Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures / Wike Leads The Arrest Of 15 Mechanics In Rivers Over Black Soot. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Falcone52x: 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2016
smh
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Lovexme(m): 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27:
Is worse at Trans Amadi where i reside, we came to the conclusion it's carbon from manufacturing industries around since we're close to alot.

They'd better do something about it cos it isn't healthy.

Amorphous Carbon
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
jmoore:

Why is it that no one in Rivers state uses camera phone? undecided
This must be a joke, i can snap the floors of our house for you to confirm. grin cheesy

We can't even leave clothes out for too long...it's serious here.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27:
Is worse at Trans Amadi where i reside, we came to the conclusion it's carbon from manufacturing industries around since we're close to alot.

They'd better do something about it cos it isn't healthy.

Ama so you are even a PH girl,I stay at Odili road,how far?
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by jmoore(m): 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27:
This must be a joke, i can snap the floors of our house for you to confirm. grin cheesy

We can't even leave clothes out for too long...it's serious here.
Please do. Gather as many pictorial evidences as you can and create a new thread here for it.
If you have any white cloth that is not useful to you, you can use it as an experiment. Spread it outside take a picture of it later.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Blessograo(f): 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2016
The government should just say the truth, this can only be caused by one thing which is combustion from those refinery and nothing else. They should stop beating around the bush. cos it's clearly their fault

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
"apparently obvious" where do we get these half baked, semi-illiterates from?

5 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Marvel1206: 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
Lovexme:
Black soot.. Isn't soot black naturally?
i wonder

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by wills(m): 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
This pollution issue obviously was reported on Nairaland health section a day ago,but someone failed to take not to post this where its most visible

https://www.nairaland.com/3507695/possible-air-pollution-port-harcourt
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
jmoore:

Please do. Gather as many pictorial evidences as you can and create a new thread here for it.
If you have any white cloth that is not useful to you, you can use it as an experiment. Spread it outside take a picture of it later.
cheesy grin cheesy
What's the essence of the thread?, the state government has already released a statement.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
justscorchone:

Ama so you are even a PH girl,I stay at Odili road,how far?
Ok!.
I am good and you?.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by jmoore(m): 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27:
cheesy grin cheesy
What's the essence of the thread?, the state government has already released a statement.
But if na to take 2,000 selfies a day, that one no go hard you abi?

Spread one of your white bra or pant outside and give us feedback.

8 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by econity(m): 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
jmoore:

Why is it that no one in Rivers state uses camera phone? undecided

I still can't understand why no one has succeeded to upload a single picture?

Please, any nairalander in Portharcourt should upload a picture of this soot stuff. Na only selfies una sabi? undecided

I just threw away the water that I used in cleaning my 'I pass my neighbor' car before opening this thread. You need to see how black the water is.
This thing is more serious than the way it's being handled by the authorities concern.
After every heavy down pour, the next rain within the shortest time again will be dark if you try to fetch it.
I fear for the life we are living in Port Harcourt now.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
CliffordOrji:
One wouldn't need to be a Rocket Scientist to know that the operations of illegal Oil refinery's and Pipeline Vandalism are the cause of the soot, but the RVSG and FG are still yet to find out where the soot came from. It just further confirms that all our politicians are useless and good for nothing. They are more concerend about their own selfish political gains rather than the welfare and safety of the masses.

You are talking nonsense. Have you ever seen oguta gass flare before? If it has not cause such precipitation for such donkey year of consist activity, it is irregular illegal refinery and vandalism that will cause it.

Park one side with your bedroom gist theory.

You even went as far as calling people useless based on your personal opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by jmoore(m): 1:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
econity:

I just threw away the water that I used in cleaning my 'I pass my neighbor' car before opening this thread. You need to see how black the water is.
This thing is more serious than the way it's being handled by the authorities concern.
After every heavy down pour, the next rain within the shortest time again will be dark if you try to fetch it.
I fear for the life we are living in Port Harcourt now.
Does your camera phone work?

3 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by seunfape(m): 1:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ijaya123:
The warning of the "environmentalist" comes to mind. grin grin grin

Let them continue bursting pipelines and their act of vandalism. Buhari is now suffering from it I guess.
I work in united Arab Emirate as environmental expert, pollution department to be precise, we test for noise,air, water and soil pollution.help me to tell them ,the cause of the problem is indusriliasation .if they need my assistance they can call me on +971508331565.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27:
Ok!.
I am good and you?.

I'm good too,aside the snoot abi smog how is PH? Ojo still dey arrest innocent boys via raid?
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Okpabana: 2:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
They better go and locate all the illegal bunkering points as quickly as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by robosky02(m): 2:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
Blessograo:
The government should just say the truth, this can only be caused by one thing which is combustion from those refinery and nothing else. They should stop beating around the bush. cos it's clearly their fault

how are you sure its their fault?

shaa every body is drilling and refining legally and iilegally grin
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
jmoore:

But if na to take 2,000 selfies a day, that one no go hard you abi?

Spread one of your white bra or pant outside and give us feedback.
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Spartan1203(m): 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=vodutive post=51773403]"apparently obvious" where do we get these half baked, semi-illiterates from?[me think say na only need that one o.]
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
justscorchone:

I'm good too,aside the snoot abi smog how is PH? Ojo still dey arrest innocent boys via raid?
Everywhere is peaceful beside the arrests made by SSS on some PDP chairleaders like the Khana case i haven't heard of any other.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by sekamykome(m): 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
The question is why now!!! The illegal refineries have been there for a long time!!! why now? why just before this election, it is obvious that there are heavy weights that are interested in this election, the fight is for the control of Rivers state and nothing more, the battle is for who controls the state with the highest loot able amount that's all, who ever has control of Rivers state funds can conveniently sponsor a presidential candidate I suppose..... Well, those that will die in this elections should RIP....
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Blessograo(f): 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2016
robosky02:

how are you sure its their fault?

shaa every body is drilling and refining legally and iilegally grin
Stop attacking my comment, you just watched to say hi, I get it grin
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benita27:
Everywhere is peaceful beside the arrests made by SSS on some PDP chairleaders like the Khana case i haven't heard of any other.

Can we chat
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by xnsandrxns: 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
This has been in the news for days now
No single picture
Na wa o
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
Risks of Soot on Health & Environment
Compounds from soot - sulfur dioxides and nitrogen oxides - combine with moisture to form acid rain, which worsens water quality, damages soil and crops, and changes nutrient balances in various ecosystems.
Breathing the tiny particles can cause coronary heart disease, asthma, bronchitis, and many other respiratory illnesses.
Research has also shown that many premature deaths are directly related to soot in the environment. Particle exposure leads to around 20,000 premature deaths in America each year. Many of these deaths were caused by soot-related diseases. Data also show that soot annually causes almost 300,000 asthma attacks and 2 million lost workdays due to repiratory problems.

http://blog.cashins.com/blog-0/bid/191511/Industrial-Hygiene-What-is-Soot-and-Why-is-it-Dangerous

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2016
KingData15:
*MTN, ETISALAT,GLO AND AIRTL DATA PROMO*
*KingData Telecom Data resellers*

To check balance before or after purchase,
For MTN, dial *461*6#
For Etisalat, dial *229*9#
For Airtel, dial *123*57#
For Glo, dial  *127*0#

*Daily plans* (Mtn, Glo, eti and Airtel)
7.5gb    @500
15gb @1000

*Weekly Plans*(Mtn, Glo, eti and Airtel)
10gb @1000
15gb @1300

*Monthly Plans* 38days duration (Both day and night)(Mtn, Glo, eti and Airtel)
4gb @ 1000
5gb @1200
7.5gb @ 1500
10gb @ 2000
15gb @ 2200
Valid for A MONTH and a WK (38days duration)

*Night Plan*(Mtn, Glo, eti and Airtel)
5gb @800
10gb @1000
15gb @1200

*Unlimited Plan* (All Network)
#6,000
*All DATA VALIDITY 38DAYS ( 1 month and a Week)

These Prices are valid if you are‎ paying via Airtime.
To buy Call/Whatsapp/SMS ......

*No Risk*
*No Panic*
bastarrd scammer uve come back again, first with reloaded12, activedata now its kingdata. u jst opend ur acct today. shey u knw i told u on whatsapp dat i will expose u. people be weary of this guy he is a confirm scammer. he tells u to send him credit before u get any data from him. its all lies. try him out if u ask him for proof he will send u a picture of a small phone with a text in it stating a data balance of about 920 gig, abeg no fall for am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by robosky02(m): 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
Blessograo:

Stop attacking my comment, you just watched to say hi, I get it grin

lol grin

how you doing

I know its NOT there in china cheesy
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
justscorchone:

Can we chat on whatsapp?
No thanks!.
Re: Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. by 1forall: 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
Lovexme:
Black soot.. Isn't soot black naturally?

I'm relieved to know I wasn't the only one that noticed. I take two major things from that press release:

1. The Professor and self-acclaimed Dame who is the commissioner for environment in Rivers either did not read the release before appending her signature, or does not realize that 'black soot' is tautology.

2. The state ministry of environment clearly admitted its cluelessness and helplessness over the situation in the second paragraph, refused to acknowledge the health hazards posed by the phenomenon and offered no precautionary advice to residents.

There are so many other sad, heart-wrenching inferences and implications from that press release that are most probably not worth analysing here.

Which way Nigeria?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oil Rich Tongeji Island In Ogun State / Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" / Sadiya Umar Farouk, The New Federal Commissioner For RMIDP (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.