Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,280 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy (5654 Views)

Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy / What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me / 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:00am On Dec 10, 2016
Everyone and everything has a story. I want to use this opportunity to share my experience with you. It's been a tough but fruitful journey. I'll start from the very beginning so you can understand this story.

How I Started
I started using computers at the age of 8, and I love anything related to Tech and Gadgets. I always dreamt of owning a website and making it become popular.
I designed my first website with wapka and it took me about 3 months to even get it done because i didn't have any knowledge of html.

To be honest the first blog was a mess at first but after I got to know about CSS. I began to pick interest in web design. At this point in time, I never knew there was a way to earn money from a website. All I wanted was a platform to express myself.

With the web design knowledge i had gotten from wapka, I moved to blogger. Designing my blog was as easy as ABC because wapka already gave me the required knowledge. I opened a news blog but it didn't go well so I decided to move to my area of expertise. Tech.

Challenges
Tech Blogging is very challenging, I guess this is because most people who come to tech blogs are usually people who need a solution to a certain tech related problem and in order to keep their trust, you have to try to help them out unlike the entertainment blogs where its almost unnecessary for the blogger to respond to comments.

You don't just wake up one day and say you want to open a tech blog. If you have no knowledge about gadgets and technology, I'll advise you stay in entertainment.

Another challenge is writing phone reviews, this is the part that can really get frustrating for any serious minded tech blogger.

In order to keep up with the trends, I have to read the reviews of another blog to write my own reviews. I think this is because I'm not based in Lagos as most companies prefer to send phones to bloggers that are based there. Apart from the device I received from Obi Worldphones via Invicta Africa and devices I've used myself or requested from friends, for any other review I get details from different blogs then compare it before writing my own reviews but I guess it may be quite different if I get to more devices to review as I have my own view of things.

Tech Blogging has helped me work with quite a number of brands, Invicta Africa, Obi World Phones, JiJi, etc. in just a Year.

What I've Learnt So Far
1.Running a Tech Blog Alone Is Very Stressful

2.Keeping Partnership With Brands Is Very Important

3.Tech Blogs Tend To Earn More Than Entertainment blogs

4.Affiliate Marketing Favors Tech Blogs more.

5.Having a good relationship with your audience on social media helps a lot

6.Being controversial once in a while helps but avoid getting into trouble or posting anything that will ruin your reputation

7.As a Tech Blogger, remember you're not just there to make your money, you're also there to help people. Never neglect your audience.

8. Don't chase potential advertisers away with high costs of advertising.

9. Sometimes schedule posts and take a few days off. Even people working at top tech blogs like TechCrunch get days off.

10. Reduce blogging stress by using an RSS FEED Reader.

That's my story. What's yours? I'd like to know.

6 Likes

Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by Joettti: 6:54am On Jan 05, 2017
Okay Sir
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by nmreports: 6:54am On Jan 05, 2017
Not into tech blogging but I have learnt that blogging is tougher than it looks.
Toughest part is; content, coding and SEO.

Content: You have to bring out good stuff that can also stir conversations.

Coding: You have to continually tweak your site. Locating a mistake in your HTML or correcting it can be difficult if you are not conversant.

SEO: All your efforts becomes fruitful only, if and when you get organic traffic.

Im still working on www.HRtechnique.com
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by Turks: 6:55am On Jan 05, 2017
Great write-up. Any good thing requires effort. Keep the fire burning sir.
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by kingPhidel(m): 6:56am On Jan 05, 2017
So?
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by obidevine(m): 6:56am On Jan 05, 2017
Nice one, keep up the good work, I'm working on creating my own blog as well.
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by miqos02(m): 6:57am On Jan 05, 2017
hmmm
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by marketresearch: 7:00am On Jan 05, 2017
Blogging is the way to go in 2017. For your blog and website design , visit www.leksmediaconcept.com/portfolio.html for a list of our past projects
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by wiloy2k8(m): 7:00am On Jan 05, 2017
nice
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by coolshegs10(m): 7:02am On Jan 05, 2017
Nice one sir, will start mine soon.
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by Exclusiveslog(m): 7:03am On Jan 05, 2017
nice thread op im a tech blogger ,you are right tech blog is kinda stressful to run alone but sha guys go survive..........although i just started few months ago and i hope to get more mentors like you, naija bloggers be "bring 10k for this tutorial,ebooks and video" nothing is ever free.

1 Like

Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by samtee37(m): 7:03am On Jan 05, 2017
Weldone bro
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by ChairmanOla: 7:32am On Jan 05, 2017
This is the kind of post that should make it to FP.
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 05, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by 2sexynet: 7:54am On Jan 05, 2017
My ideal blogging method would be naij.com way... come in with the money and disrupt the industry with copy and paste, pay heavily for ads, build list of readers... and in 5 months, I am accepting money from advertisers. Simple... fork SEO!

4 Likes

Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by krestup: 7:55am On Jan 05, 2017
Blogging is not as easy as more people think. . When moSt see top blogs making big bucks, they just jumping. If you want to blog to make money, you need to take it as a full time job, run it as you will run a traditional business. Provide useful content that will educate people instead of crappy content just to get ads click.
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by callydon(m): 8:01am On Jan 05, 2017
Nice one
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by airminem(f): 8:32am On Jan 05, 2017
ChairmanOla:
This is the kind of post that should make it to FP.
Nothing needs to be said again... Nice
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by airminem(f): 8:33am On Jan 05, 2017
2sexynet:
My ideal blogging method would be naij.com way... come in with the money and disrupt the industry with copy and paste, pay heavily for ads, build list of readers... and in 5 months, I am accepting money from advertisers. Simple... fork SEO!
Is that what you are saying?
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by Blogtrovert(f): 8:36am On Jan 05, 2017
Cool, Revert to this post to get a cleared view of blogging https://www.nairaland.com/3553999/some-blogging-misconceptions-individuals
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by DaySpringer: 8:42am On Jan 05, 2017
NaijaTechGuy

How does partnership with these companies work?
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by 2sexynet: 8:46am On Jan 05, 2017
airminem:

Is that what you are saying?
That is what naij did... are they dead yet?

1 Like

Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by Aywire(m): 9:06am On Jan 05, 2017
Blogging in this age is very very profitable. I know friends and families that earn heavily from blogging, they earn weekly what your nine-fiver job cant earn you in a month. If it is done right, the sky is your starting point.

I build professional business websites, blogs, forums, etc. I just dont build, i take into consideration and take the extra effort of implementing security measures to secure your blog, SEO to generate traffic for you, speed and 100% uptime etc at unbelievable rates. Whatsapp me if you want one 08142174878
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:33am On Jan 05, 2017
DaySpringer:
NaijaTechGuy
How does partnership with these companies work?
Check this post here
http://www.naijatechguy.com/2016/12/recommended-tips-for-bloggers-that-wish.html
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by CTechHub(m): 10:17am On Jan 05, 2017
Nice one, bro. you said the facts.
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by WarHorse1(m): 10:29am On Jan 05, 2017
Aywire:
Blogging in this age is very very profitable. I know friends and families that earn heavily from blogging, they earn weekly what your nine-fiver job cant earn you in a month. If it is done right, the sky is your starting point.

I build professional business websites, blogs, forums, etc. I just dont build, i take into consideration and take the extra effort of implementing security measures to secure your blog, SEO to generate traffic for you, speed and 100% uptime etc at unbelievable rates. Whatsapp me if you want one 08142174878

Show samples of your work.
Re: What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me - Naijatechguy by Aywire(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2017
WarHorse1:

Show samples of your work.
mrandmissnigeriainternational dot org
22ndavenue dot com
bighealthytracey dot co dot uk
blog dot mrandmissnigeriainternational dot org
let me know if you need more...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) / Airtel Free Browsing Cheat Via Opera Mini Handler 2018 / MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL. Get All These Latest Tools For Almost Free Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.