Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) (23820 Views)

Faith Onyekachukwu Ojumah, McPherson University Best Graduating Student (Photo) / Death Of OAU Best Graduating Student Announced On Convocation Day / Oni Babajide Graduates As OAU Best Graduating Student with 4.86 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 10, 2016
The curator of ScholarZine Ng (a blog that sees to promoting the goodness of Nigeria and its youths)- Israel Dara Sobaloju hooked up with Oni Babajide – the best graduating Student in OAU for 2014 session. He poured out is mind exclusively in the interview.

Good evening sir, can we meet you?
My name is Oni Babajide David, I was admitted into OAU in 2010/2011 into the faculty of Agriculture and department of Agricultural economics, am an indigene of Ekiti State
Wow… You graduated as the best graduating student for the 2015 session,

what CGPA did you graduated with?
4.88 out of 5.0

Did you picked Agricultural economics as your first choice when applying for the university?
No, I didn’t. I picked medicine and surgery but due to the Fact that I chose OAU as my second choice of university, I was advised to change my course to Agricultural economics. Though I had enough mark to gain admission into dentistry or pharmacy but for medicine I needed 6 marks.

When did you started leading your class, did it all start in the university?
Yes it started in the university…though I really don’t have penchant for leading the class while in secondary school. All my concern was to get a good grade so that my mother will not give me massive beating.

What was your source of inspiration when you were admitted into the university?
My source of inspiration is God and my humble background. Also, my thirst to make history and Dr D.K Olukoya’s message on beating the best and being the best. Dr D.K Olukoya is also my source of inspiration.

Did you have Vision to graduate as the best when you were admitted?
Truthfully, I never had vision to be the best in OAU but I had vision to be the best in my faculty. God just used my class rep to speak to me that I should strive to be the best on OAU campus

Which secondary school did you graduate from?
Oladipo Alayande school of science, Ekiti-state

What was your least grade as an undergraduate?
C…part one practicals like physics

Did you take any decision as a fresh student then that helped you in the course of your study?
Yes of course… I decided to beat the best and be the best.

What was you CGPA in part one and farm year?
Part one cgpa was 4.83…farm year cgpa was 4.87…part 3 cgpa was 4.90. I had 5.0 like three times.

What was your darkest moment in OAU?
Darkest moment in OAU was when I had 85A in a course Slm 202 and I was given 54C..

What was your reaction to this?
I complained to the lecturer in charge and he said I was even upgraded to get a C and I should go and manage it. But I had to call my prayer partners and we prayed that day. I was called the following day to come and check my result in the lecturers office as the error was done to most of the students in my faculty. Getting to his office I discovered that I had 85A which was the highest in that course in my faculty. He disagreed and went to check raw score sheet before he decided to paste the result on the board.

Were you involved in any extracurricular activities?
Yes…I was very much involved. I am not a one sided student. I partook in Students union activities…I was the PRO for the students union election petition committee in the 2014/2015 session that is TYs administration… Also an active parliamentarian in faculty of agriculture for two sessions…lastly, I was involved in fellowship activities too as a worker and an exco

Which fellowship did you attended on campus?
Mountain of fire and miracles campus fellowship…MFMCF

How did you feel when you knew you are the best Graduating Student?
I felt like I won a champions league or ballon d’or…and I am happy to break the jaws of the technology faculty, who used to get the award overtime.
What advice can you give to any student who wishes to graduate with flying colors has you’ve done?
Pray like you have not read and Read like you have not prayed…work hard and work smart…try to beat the best and be the best.

How many hours did you invest in sleeping and studying per day?
Sleeping…I sleep for a minimum of 6hours…I study erratically but will just say I study for a minimum of 6 hours per day too

What’s your advice to students studying agriculture in Nigeria but wants to cross to the so-called professional courses?
The first question I should ask them is that who made those courses professional? Is it not the society? Then if you are still allowing the society to dictate for you then you will live the rest of your life as a societal slave. The truth is that agriculture is a calling it is either you decide to accept the calling and propound the gospel of agriculture or you decline. Just ensure that any course you study beat the best and be the best!!! Because if you are not the best doctor, your patients will die, if you are not the best farmer, your crops will die also. Then my attitude towards life is just beat the best and be the best

Where do you see your self in 5 years time?
I see myself breaking international records and on the pathway to becoming minister agriculture in Nigeria… Just like my role model Dr Akinwunmi Adesina who is an alumnus of my department and now the president of African development bank

Do you have any special shoutout to make?
Yes…shoutout to my girlfriend Oluwafunmibi, to my school daddy Olubisi Oluwasegun…to my blooders Olaoluwa, otitoloju. Also to all invictus 2015 set. Shout out to bible study, ushering, ICT/Business subgroup members in MFMCF OAU. Lastly, shoutout to my mother Mrs Oni Adebola and my sister Oni Morayo. I Love and Cherish you all!!!

What is your advice for ScholarZine Ng?

My advice for ScholarZine Ng is that continue projecting scholars and success of youngsters and in no time you will get the rewards of doing what’s right. Also, strive to beat the best and be the best amongst your peers… Thank you very much!!!
We wish the very best in life. Go out there to beat the remaining best sir

https://scholarzine./2016/12/10/meet-oni-babajide-oaus-best-graduating-students/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by scholes0(m): 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
Ogbeni yii dudu sha....
Dudu Osun

10 Likes

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by PappiSnow: 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
This guy is good for Dudu Osun advert

3 Likes

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by nairaman66(m): 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
Handsome with brains! Unlike some girls we know..

1 Like

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by yomibelle(f): 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
s…shoutout to my girlfriend Oluwafunmibi, to my school daddy Olubisi Oluwasegun…to my blooders Olaoluwa, otitoloju. Also to all invictus 2015 set. Shout out to bible study, ushering, ICT/Business subgroup members in MFMCF OAU. Lastly, shoutout to my mother Mrs OniAdebola and my sister Oni Morayo. I Love and Cherish you all!!!

SMH for him. u neva marry am, she be d 1st point of appreciation and ur mama na be d last abi. all ds small boyz of nowadays

buh ah salute u sha....gettin inspired already. Cant wait for 2017 to come wen i'll be my dept's best graduating student.
#FUNAABawaits#
#EconomicsDept#
#Classof2017#

13 Likes

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by DONSMITH123(m): 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
lipsrsealed but gat brain

scholes0:
Dudu Osun

1 Like

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by 9jayes: 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
Y e no make 5.0 lik dat unilag guy?. Btw hw many times will dis grace fp? some mods are high on Oshogbo weed
Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by 9jayes: 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2016
Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by Oyetboy(m): 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
Can't wait to graduate too
Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by falconey(m): 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
not giving up, I'm almost there.
Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
I just hope he has a business sense and not planning to work for the government coz most first class graduate rarely have entrepreneurial acumen.

Congratulations to him.

1 Like

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by JingoOAU(m): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
This guy was studying for 6 hours in OAU....i hardly have time to study for an hour back then in OAU

Na to just dey play Table tennis and Snookers up and down in Awo coffee room basement

3 Likes

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by Tolulopefinest(m): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
#Inspired
Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by scholes0(m): 3:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
DONSMITH123:
lipsrsealed but gat brain

lol kilode? grin

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by CaptEColeJnr: 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
He had a girlfriend... So girlfriends is not a distraction after all

1 Like

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by Aphrygian(m): 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
nairaman66:
Handsome with brains! Unlike some girls we know..
what class did u graduate with? If na anything below ist class then u are mofo.
Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by mankan2k7(m): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
How come nobody noticed he is from Ekiti state

We got brains in Ekiti

Fountain of knowledge

Ekiti a gbe a o.

8 Likes

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by paradigmshift(m): 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
guys dey nak 4.99 for my school as e strong reach. petroleum training institute... I doubt DT guy can ve DT in pti if e dey engineering..u try sha

1 Like

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by Praktikals(m): 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
Hope he took a class on Entrepreneurship so he doesnt end up working for a secondary school drop out.
Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by paradigmshift(m): 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
make dis guy replace minister of agriculture
Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by jaymejate: 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
If Dr DK Olukoya hear say you get Girlfriend, una nor go collect car o

2 Likes

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by dreezybines: 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2016
Can you imagine?

He gained admission 2010/2011 for a 5 years course and graduated 2016...

I wonder which school slow pass between LAUTECH and OAU...

2 Likes

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by 9jaBloke: 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
paradigmshift:
make dis guy replace minister of agriculture

smiley

Not a bad idea lol. He needs plenty of experience though. He can be on the Agricultural team for now, to make necessary input on recent technology.
Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
Congratulations! Wishing you all the best in your career pursuits.
Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by paradigmshift(m): 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2016
9jaBloke:

smiley

Not a bad idea

am telling u...
Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
God has many things to Judge...a mountain of fire member, a prayer warrior , an usher,an exco......shouting out to his girlfriend..not even his wife....i now see 101 reasons why christian wont make heaven and one of them is women....i dont blame ourselves...it started right with Eve

I tire for all these Afonjas....saboteurs....anyway.....Biafra all through

2 Likes

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by dreezybines: 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
yomibelle:
s…shoutout to my girlfriend Oluwafunmibi, to my school daddy Olubisi Oluwasegun…to my blooders Olaoluwa, otitoloju. Also to all invictus 2015 set. Shout out to bible study, ushering, ICT/Business subgroup members in MFMCF OAU. Lastly, shoutout to my mother Mrs OniAdebola and my sister Oni Morayo. I Love and Cherish you all!!!

SMH for him. u neva marry am, she be d 1st point of appreciation and ur mama na be d last abi. all ds small boyz of nowadays

buh ah salute u sha....gettin inspired already. Cant wait for 2017 to come wen i'll be my dept's best graduating student.
#FUNAABawaits#
#EconomicsDept#
#Classof2017#

He saved the best for the last...

2 Likes

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by Tobycharles: 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
Don't ever underestimate d efficacy of BB, team black with brain, we rock...
Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by OOAS(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
dreezybines:
Can you imagine?
He gained admission 2010/2011 for a four years course and graduated 2016...
it is a five years course

2 Likes

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by fedundiran(m): 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
dreezybines:
Can you imagine?
He gained admission 2010/2011 for a four years course and graduated 2016...
Agricultural economics is Five years not Four

1 Like

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by zabadii(m): 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2016
some will call him .....

Re: Oni Babajide, OAU's Best Graduating Student (Photo) by superfelix: 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Improve Your GPA And Stay Focused On Your Education Each Semester / Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) / Obaseki Police Fire Teargas At Protesting Staff Despite Inability To Pay Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.