Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to (12890 Views)

Lagos State Employment Trust Fund Pilot Scheme - Apply Now / New Jobs At Coca-cola, P&G, Lagos State Employment Trust Fund,genesis Group, Etc / Lagos State Employment Trust Fund Graduate Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by ariesbull: 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
The total offering to Uber Lagos entrepreneurs includes finance at a fixed interest rate of 5% per annum, with a loan period of 36 months

Uber is changing the way Lagos driver-partners access finance and grow their small businesses. The global ride-sharing platform has partnered with the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund who will provide access to finance for budding transport entrepreneurs at just 5% per annum. This is 15% lower than any other financial institution. Access to affordable finance is critical to the success of any entrepreneur, as it frees up the cash flow for them to focus on growing their business. The introduction of finance at a lower interest rate for driver-partners will help them thrive as they run their business on the Uber platform.

Uber has particular relevance in a city such as Lagos, where traffic congestion is an ongoing challenge. Nigeria is a booming African economy. With rapid urbanisation comes more people using the country’s roads. Lagos is an economic hub, which makes this challenge increasingly acute for those using the city’s roads. If more people take advantage of ride-sharing services like Uber, there will be less cars on the road and less overall congestion. For this reason, the platform has been welcomed and supported by the Lagos State.

Ebi Atawodi, General Manager for Uber in West Africa says, “We are encouraged by the Lagos State’s commitment to ridesharing platforms like Uber. Their support of local entrepreneurs not only fosters the growth of sustainable businesses, but strengthens a highly-viable transport industry in Lagos.”

Uber driver-partners in Lagos will also find it easier to buy their own vehicle. Driver-partners can now buy new cars that are locally-assembled in Nigeria by Stallion Motors (Hyundai i10 and Hyundai Grand Xcent). The partnership between Uber and LSETF has made this process simple. If they qualify for the financing provided by LSETF, Uber entrepreneurs can buy any new locally-assembled car up to a value of N3 million and only need to contribute 5% of the vehicle purchase price when they buy the car.

Lagos is an economic hub, which makes this challenge increasingly acute for those using the city’s roads

According to Akintunde Oyebode, the Executive Secretary of LSETF, partnerships like this provide a platform for sustainable job and wealth creation, and demonstrate a seamless collaboration between private capital and Government. “The partnership with Uber is proof of Lagos State Government's willingness to support innovative solutions that solve social problems, in this case, transport, and also provide jobs to its residents.”

The option to purchase locally made vehicles gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to obtain the assets required to grow their business and contributes to the growth of the local economy. Local automotive production is a priority across the country, which has been emphasised in the Nigeria Automotive Industry Development Plan (NAIDP). Nigeria is a promising automotive hub, given its large economy, growing urban population and a targeted drive by government to grow the industry.

Ridesharing trends and a refined automotive industry go hand in hand. Dr. Andrew S. Nevin, Advisory Partner and Chief Economist, PwC Nigeria says, “Already Uber driver-partners have made over a million trips in Nigeria in the last two years. This trend could fast-track Nigeria’s path to becoming an automotive hub potentially boosting sales of new and used vehicles as individuals take advantage of partnering with these companies to gain extra income.” These new cars on the road are likely to replace thousands of personal cars in Lagos, as more people use Uber to move across the city. Over time as people get used to the idea that you can always push a button and get a ride -- the need to own a car, or buy a second family car, goes down.

The total offering to Uber Lagos entrepreneurs includes finance at a fixed interest rate of 5% per annum, with a loan period of 36 months. Lagos driver-partners will be afforded the opportunity to purchase a vehicle to the value of up to N3 million, with a 5% deposit required. Stallion motors are offering both the Hyundai Grand Xcent (N3m) and Hyundai i10 (N2.7m) for this deal - both cars are locally assembled and are in line with the NAIDP.

In order to qualify Lagos entrepreneurs will be required to have been operating on the Uber platform and their Uber rating should be 4.5 or higher.

The Uber and LSETF partnership begins in December with the hopes of expanding it to more Uber partners in the near future.

https://etimesafrica./2016/12/10/uber-partners-lagos-state-to-provide-access-to-vehicle-finance-for-entrepreneurs/#more-3323

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by mayten(m): 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2016
ftc

front page material mynd44
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by nmreports: 7:06am On Dec 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by sassiemyk: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2016
Sincerely how does dis Uber stuff work sef.? Cos I'm tired of everyday traffic. My car is complaining bitterly right now and the traffic is not merciful.

1 Like

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by LordGuru1: 7:09am On Dec 11, 2016
Nice one.
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by Cuntslayer: 7:09am On Dec 11, 2016
This is a very cool innovation
These are the things we should be hearing
And other states should emulate this to reduce unemployment

1 Like

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by Moreoffaith(m): 7:10am On Dec 11, 2016
Nice one. I go happy if dem fit gimme this kind loan o, after 3 years 150k interest abi that one self go make person plan well...
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by feodan: 7:12am On Dec 11, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by Eibams60(m): 7:12am On Dec 11, 2016
op bring beta news na
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 11, 2016
good
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by Wristler: 7:14am On Dec 11, 2016
Ambode is either wise or surrounded by wise cabinet members.. .........unlike that old mallam in As.s hole rock

2 Likes

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by twilliamx(m): 7:15am On Dec 11, 2016
Nice one
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by pol23: 7:15am On Dec 11, 2016
sassiemyk:
Sincerely how does dis Uber stuff work sef.? Cos I'm tired of everyday traffic. My car is complaining bitterly right now and the traffic is not merciful.
If you live in Lagos, You should be time conscious.
I don't complain of traffic,I know when I'm driving towards traffic even before I leave house.
learn to help yourself. some distance 're better cover by public transport.
mostly any time i'm going to mainland. I jump bus.
or ikorodu road, Police 'll disturb you sote.

1 Like

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by seunfly: 7:16am On Dec 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by Mopolchi: 7:21am On Dec 11, 2016
So Lagos want her graduates to end up as graduate drivers
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by lonelydora: 7:23am On Dec 11, 2016
Uber told us they are coming to Port Harcourt before the year runs out. I rushed and bought 2 cars in preparation, now the year is gone already. Please when are they coming to PH?

They should also know that PamDrive is already here with us, and functioning well.

1 Like

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by lonelydora: 7:24am On Dec 11, 2016
sassiemyk:

Download the app
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by RichDad1(m): 7:24am On Dec 11, 2016
Way to go .
But I hope won't use their latest closeness to the govt to kill competition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by babs50g: 7:28am On Dec 11, 2016
The more the traffic , the more you pay on UBER. If you drop the car at home is to have more money to spend on UBER. However , lagos as a metropolitan city lacks infrastructure that can ensure value for one's money if UB E R is to have her feet in lagos. UBER is in other countries and they are well regulated in terms of policies with the govt and agencies that controls it , but here agencies maltreats everyone and no matter of appeal goes down with except you are ready to play ball . UBER is a system structured in way to reduce some hiccups , and maximize returns at the end of the day , but nay people -agencies of govt like last ma , vio, Faan , frsc can frustrate the function of this UBER .

1 Like

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by nbuli(m): 7:35am On Dec 11, 2016
Kul sha
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by RichDad1(m): 7:55am On Dec 11, 2016
Mopolchi:
What's so bad about a graduate driving Uber?
So many graduates do same in UK, USA etc.
Some of these guys earn more than some of their mates in white collar jobs.
As long as it pay the bills, what's the fuss?
So many people traveled out to the drive same Uber abroad. undecided

Nigerians and hypocrisy are like (somebody help me with that Zuma pics ojere) wink cheesy

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by RichDad1(m): 7:59am On Dec 11, 2016
babs50g:
The more the traffic , the more you pay on UBER. If you drop the car at home is to have more money to spend on UBER. However , lagos as a metropolitan city lacks infrastructure that can ensure value for one's money if UB E R is to have her feet in lagos. UBER is in other countries and they are well regulated in terms of policies with the govt and agencies that controls it , but here agencies maltreats everyone and no matter of appeal goes down with except you are ready to play ball . UBER is a system structured in way to reduce some hiccups , and maximize returns at the end of the day , but nay people -agencies of govt like last ma , vio, Faan , frsc can frustrate the function of this UBER .
@ bolded, that's not totally true.
Its more on KM traveled than time spent in traffic. (#90/KM and #9/ minutes)

2 Likes

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by babs50g: 8:04am On Dec 11, 2016
@Richdad. Thanks for the info . That means when one is stuck in traffic for like 2hrs it won't read ? Educate me pls
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by GoldenJulius(m): 8:08am On Dec 11, 2016
i love the brains behind Uber, always coming up with attractive offers.
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:14am On Dec 11, 2016
RichDad1:

Nigerians and hypocrisy are like (somebody help me with that Zuma pics ojere) wink cheesy

The average Nigerian graduate believes being a graduate means sitting down in an office with AC. When they hear jobs like Drivers, Cleaners, Security Guard, they look down on such jobs.. Irony is, some Drivers earn more than them, some Cleaners earn more than them, some security guards earn more than them.

5 Likes

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by Mopolchi: 8:22am On Dec 11, 2016
RichDad1:

Guy, keep quiet! Simply go and pick up the form to join them and stop ranting.
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by RichDad1(m): 8:24am On Dec 11, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

The average Nigerian graduate believes being a graduate means sitting down in an office with AC. When they hear jobs like Drivers, Cleaners, Security Guard, they look down on such jobs.. Irony is, some Drivers earn more than them, some Cleaners earn ore than them, some security guards earn more than them.
And they keep trooping out of the country to go and do the same job. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by RichDad1(m): 8:27am On Dec 11, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

The average Nigerian graduate believes being a graduate means sitting down in an office with AC. When they hear jobs like Drivers, Cleaners, Security Guard, they look down on such jobs.. Irony is, some Drivers earn more than them, some Cleaners earn more than them, some security guards earn more than them.
E pain you like this?
Well, FYI, I've got vehicles on Uber and I'm loving it. cheesy cheesy

BTW, if anyone is interested in driving Uber on Uber, yi can contact me.
IT'S FREE OF CHARGE
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by lastburn(m): 8:32am On Dec 11, 2016
how do one apply?

1 Like

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by mostee4all(m): 9:23am On Dec 11, 2016
thinking of starting a business and no capital oh don't worry check my signature to learn how to be self reliant
Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by texazzpete(m): 10:51am On Dec 11, 2016
Mopolchi:

You are a truly ignorant person.

This is a truly excellent deal, and participants can make 300k+ per month if they work hard. That's more than any bank pays their new joiners.

This provincial, 'bush' mentality of looking down on some occupations is really silly.

5 Likes

Re: Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to by hollowpot15684(m): 10:55am On Dec 11, 2016
if my calculation is right..
30 month means 2years and 6month right??

Lagos state should have subsidise the price of those vehicles by using the same tag (youth empowerment and poverty eradication) in order to reduce the duration of the payment and also to give opportunity for new drivers to troop in and get a vehicle.
instead they offer it at the rate of 5% interest per annum making a total of 17.5% at the end of the 30th month.

Meaning that if you take the vehicle of 3million you have to pay back 3,525million at the end of 30month. remember, that is the amount you pay the company that provide the vehicle, UBER will still have the 25% of every trip you make, You still buy Fuel, Insurance, vehicle maintenance. e.t.c..

This is still a way to enslave youth and masses, this is no poverty eradication at all, this is when the Government and the private company come together to have a 70% of the cake of innocent graduates like you and I. Do not waste your time. Here is my advice, save every penny you see. stop buying Samsung s7 and iPhone 7...

you can be on your own... it doesn't matter if you are graduate or not, its just a mere mind setting.

Ayaf Talk My Own OOOO....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JOB VACANCIES / Nigerian Air Force Nationwide Recruitment For Direct Short Services Cadet (DSSC) / Crazy People Wanted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.