Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! (26853 Views)

Famous Quotes Of Prof Chinua Achebe / Famous Quotes By Ojukwu / History Lesson 2: Gideon Orkar Broadcast Message-unedited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by ProAnti: 10:49pm On Nov 14, 2009
Eziachi did a lot of research and came up with evidence that suggests events that may be categorised as GENOCIDE. instead of carrying out research and coming up with evidences that would counter his position, Nairalanders like SEFAGO and revomind are busy using logic to justify sin. This, in my opinion, is very wrong.

@ Sefago and revomind,
Dig up facts that can counter Eziachi's position. Stop your kind of reactive arguments.

@Beaf and Sapeleguy,

Nice contributions. But I think you both are trying to exonerate the midwestern minorities from any wrongdoing during the war. I really think the midwesterners were pawns in the war.

My take on the issue at hand.

We need to know the truth aboiut the war. Anybody that can come up with "authentic history" would be most appreciated.
That, I think, can help us see the mistakes of the past and enable us strategise on how best we can live as a united people, UNITED NIGERIANS.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Beaf: 10:50pm On Nov 14, 2009
SEFAGO:

shocked shocked shocked shocked. In war terrible things happen. The execution of people of whatever age, and whatever gender is inevitable. soldiers fighting a war are under pressure, psychologically and physocally, and when they crack- they dont think over what they are doing. No mate, i have given up hope on you guys, that is what comes with poor education, the inability to understand human behavior.

Be stuck in your little world. I can't help you. To those in lagos yapping their mouths online- dont let the agberos see what you are writing ooo

I dont glorify rape and killing mate. I just said it is an inevitable consequence of war.

Is this all about you? shocked Try to understand your both your inner self and your own level of education from the text I bolded above.
You might understand how others percieve your comments. You might also understand why your logic is warped (same reason why you are suddenly pretending to be a female homo). Your impression reads "see me, see me, see me!". Heal yourself before you contribute to topics of gravity.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by RichyBlacK(m): 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2009
SEFAGO:

shocked shocked shocked shocked. In war terrible things happen. The execution of people of whatever age, and whatever gender is inevitable. soldiers fighting a war are under pressure, psychologically and physocally, and when they crack- they dont think over what they are doing.  No mate, i have given up hope on you guys, that is what  comes with poor education, the inability to understand human behavior.

Be stuck in your little world. I can't help you. To those in lagos yapping their mouths online- dont let the agberos see what you are writing ooo

I dont glorify rape and killing mate. I just said it is an inevitable consequence of war.

@SEFAGO,

Look at this fool talking about education. What do you know? It's empty vessels like you that make so much noise. From your use of words and application of logic, your IQ is no more than 20, and I'm just being generous.

You don't even know the meaning of the word "execution". Go pick up your toddler dictionary and understand the meaning of the words you use instead of exhibiting your crass and pathetic ignorance on all things historical.

It is half-baked educated mumus like you, pretending to know what they've only heard others talk about that are at the helms of affairs in Nigeria; where NOTHING works. People like you, mere novices, pretenders and charlatans, try to create the falsehood of intelligence but ignorant that there are some of us who can peel through the layers of deceit and emptiness and see that core of infinite stupidity at the center.

Just shut up, go do some reading, some listening and some better well thought out writing; what you've been posting here is just a sorry heap of rubbish! Olodo!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by sleekp1: 10:53pm On Nov 14, 2009
RichyBlacK:

sleek_p,

I can't believe you made such a statement! shocked

I made that statement because no one asked Igbo soldiers to murder top military officials of Yoruba and Hausa extractions. As an intelligent man I hope you don't join Eziachi and co who are trying very hard to rewrite history.

Sorry RichyBlacK but am getting sick of this "victim mentally" of our Igbo brothers, people of other tribes died in the war too.

P.S
Polite note to Ndigbo:
"Never start a war, unless you know you're gonna win it".

1 Like

Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by RichyBlacK(m): 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2009
Beaf:

Is this all about you? shocked Try to understand your both your inner self and your own level of education from the text I bolded above.
You might understand how others percieve your comments. You might also understand why your logic is warped (same reason why you are suddenly pretending to be a female homo). Your impression reads "see me, see me, see me!". Heal yourself before you contribute to topics of gravity.

Don't mind the confused transvestite, it thinks that because it's 12th grade teach told it that it's smart then it can come up on a global forum and apply otakara logic on important discussions.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by ProAnti: 11:00pm On Nov 14, 2009
Eziachi, plsss continue with your historical excavations. Dont allow anyone ruin this thread.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by asha80(m): 11:01pm On Nov 14, 2009
sleek_p:

I made that statement because no one asked Igbo soldiers to murder top military officials of Yoruba and Hausa extractions. As an intelligent man I hope you don't join Eziachi and co who are trying very hard to rewrite history.

Sorry RichyBlacK but am getting sick of this "victim mentally" of our Igbo brothers, people of other tribes died in the war too.

P.S
Polite note to Ndigbo:

For the first bolded, do you think that was what led to the war?

For the second bolded,very funny if you think igbos started the war.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by RichyBlacK(m): 11:05pm On Nov 14, 2009
sleek_p:

P.S
Polite note to Ndigbo:

Interesting. So, you justify the senseless pogrom and the subsequent genocide by the fact that some Northern politicians died in the January 15, 1966 coup?

I'll make a few points:

1. The 1966 coup plotters were from every region of the federation; a few names:
Nzeogwu: Mid-West
Ifeajuna: East
Ademoyega: West
Kpera: North

2. Also, politicians from every region of the federation were killed during the coup; a few names:
Okotie-Eboh: Mid-West
Unegbe: East
Akintola: West
Balewa: North

3. Even if we assume that only Easterners planned and executed the coup, and no Easterner was killed in the coup's execution, do you hold the view that the subsequent July 1966 coup that targeted Igbo officers and the pogrom in many parts of Nigeria that targeted Igbo civilians were justifiable responses?

Guilt by association was the logic used to kill Igbos in large numbers. Do you agree with me that this kind of logic is always flawed in any social context?

I await your response.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Beaf: 11:08pm On Nov 14, 2009
Pro Anti:

Eziachi did a lot of research and came up with evidence that suggests events that may be categorised as GENOCIDE. instead of carrying out research and coming up with evidences that would counter his position, Nairalanders like SEFAGO and revomind are busy using logic to justify sin. This, in my opinion, is very wrong.

@ Sefago and revomind,
Dig up facts that can counter Eziachi's position. Stop your kind of reactive arguments.

@Beaf and Sapeleguy,

Nice contributions. But I think you both are trying to exonerate the midwestern minorities from any wrongdoing during the war. I really think the midwesterners were pawns in the war.

My take on the issue at hand.

We need to know the truth aboiut the war. Anybody that can come up with "authentic history" would be most appreciated.
That, I think, can help us see the mistakes of the past and enable us strategise on how best we can live as a united people, UNITED NIGERIANS.

Yes, the Midwest was both a serial pawn and victim. But some of the major players were from the Midwest (eg Kaduna Nzeogwu). Indegenes also pointed out Igbo's (who they knew would be excecuted) mainly out of fear when the Federal troops arrived.

Republic of Benin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Benin_(unrecognized_state)

The message we are trying to push here, is that, no area of the country should hide their part in the crimes of the civil war. Where on Earth do wars kill millions? The genocide in Rwanda cost 1 million lives, 3 million died in Biafra. The country as a whole needs to show value for its people and come fully to terms with the past.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Eziachi: 11:20pm On Nov 14, 2009
I did not even know that the self called SEFAGO was a woman. Wonderful!!
When you think you knew everything! So a woman is the glorifier of RAPE of innocent village women as punishment for the killing of politician by soldiers. That is an education you will never get in any university.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Eziachi: 11:31pm On Nov 14, 2009
Pro Anti:

Eziachi, plsss continue with your historical excavations. Dont allow anyone ruin this thread.

Of course I will. They don't want to hear it or to be reminded. Like you told them, they should counteract what I publish with their own fact, instead attacking the me or justifying henious crime against humanity. REMEMBER that at Nuremberg trial, the Nazis said that the Jews, Gypsis, disabled people and Jehovah's Witnesses they murdered, beheaded and burned deserved it.
Some said that them raping of many European women was part of the war and that these things happened in war. The other group then claimed that they are obeying others. Is it not exactly what you are hearing here, even by a woman?
It is a priceless education, I hope Abuja based IGBOS are reading this from their fellow Nigerians of the motherland.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by RichyBlacK(m): 11:32pm On Nov 14, 2009
Eziachi:

I did not even know that the self called SEFAGO was a woman. Wonderful!!
When you think you knew everything! So a woman is the glorifier of RAPE of innocent village women as punishment for the killing of politician by soldiers. That is an education you will never get in any university.

I think it's actually a male who is so interested in Beyonce's booty (I'm not kidding) she decided to be a female, at least on Nairaland.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by sleekp1: 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2009
RichyBlacK:

3. Even if we assume that only Easterners planned and executed the coup, and no Easterner was killed in the coup's execution, do you hold the view that the subsequent July 1966 coup that targeted Igbo officers and the pogrom in many parts of Nigeria that targeted Igbo civilians were justifiable responses?

Guilt by association was the logic used to kill Igbos in large numbers. Do you agree with me that this kind of logic is always flawed in any social context?

I await your response.
All but one of the major players in that coup was  Igbo? The coup was an attempt to "take over" Nigeria by Igbos. For a long time Igbo officers were buying arms and shipping it to the East in preparation for secession and war. What did they expect as response?

1 Like

Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by RichyBlacK(m): 11:36pm On Nov 14, 2009
Eziachi:

Of course I will. They don't want to hear it or to be reminded. Like you told them, they should counteract what I publish with their own fact, instead attacking the me or justifying henious crime against humanity. REMEMBER that at Nuremberg trial, the Nazis said that the Jews, Gypsis, disabled people and Jehovah's Witnesses they murdered, beheaded and burned deserved it.
Some said that them raping of many European women was part of the war and that these things happened in war. The other group then claimed that they are obeying others.  Is it not exactly what you are hearing here, even by a woman?
It is a priceless education, I hope Abuja based IGBOS are reading this from their fellow Nigerians of the motherland.

Nairaland has given me so much insight into the unrestrained thinking process of the average Nigerian regarding ethnic differences. I've truly learned a lot, and hopee to learn more!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by RichyBlacK(m): 11:38pm On Nov 14, 2009
sleek_p:

All but one of the major players in that coup was  Igbo? The coup was an attempt to "take over" Nigeria by Igbos. For a long time Igbo officers were buying arms and shipping it to the East in preparation for secession and war. What did they expect as response?

Not true, there were more than one non-Igbo "major player" in the coup; I only gave a few names.

Biko try answer the questions I posed concerning the logic of "guilt by association" and pogrom justification. Thanks.

Also, I'll like a reference for the statement in bold. Thanks.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by asha80(m): 11:38pm On Nov 14, 2009
sleek_p:

Contradiction comes to my mind here.

And i wonder why ojukwu and ironsi(igbos) halted the coup put some screws in the coup in kano and lagos respectively.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by WilyWily: 11:43pm On Nov 14, 2009
sleek_p:

Another Misinformation
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2009
Lady SAFEGO of the United Nation caliber, do you realize that there is only one race in the universe?  I am of the view that the intrigues of this discussion are well above your pedigree. I shell not waste my precious time on a stinking road-kill such as you. For an umpteenth time, the 1966 pogrom that took place in northern region of Nigeria was genocidal.

Mr Dede are you aware that you are an idiot  embarassed. You just made a statement that no real scientist could make so confidently. Dont even bother defending your statement. It reeks of low-level intelligence. You now nit-picked on Ojukwu's education- which is wrong i admit- but it has been displayed several times in several news sources on that he attended sandhurst but i do have a copy of ojukwu's biography- given to me by my father- which stated otherwise.

I have always believed more in logic than evidence. Usually because evidence can be tailored to suit a purpose. For example, one of Eziachi's evidence was a quote from a lagos policemansaying the igbos should be exterminated. To your pathetic minds that is evidence  shocked shocked shocked. My idea of evidence is the main leaders of the civil war to speak out on exactly what happened during those years. Just a couple of quotes taken out of context is never, and will never be evidence. undecided

@Beaf

Is this all about you? Shocked Try to understand your both your inner self and your own level of education from the text I bolded above.

yes it is. If you guys continue to disseminate tribalistic and misinformation- like you beaf have a record of doing- then you screw up a country i love despite its failings. Beaf I would advise you to understand because I am talking to you online doesn't mean I am in your social class or intelligence class. I decided to change my sex because of my views on patriarchy and homophobia. I have the right to do so. it is people like me who fight for human and civil rights are the reason why you can yap your mouth on a computer.

Look at this fool talking about education. What do you know? It's empty vessels like you that make so much noise. From your use of words and application of logic, your IQ is no more than 20, and I'm just being generous.

You don't even know the meaning of the word "execution". Go pick up your toddler dictionary and understand the meaning of the words you use instead of exhibiting your crass and pathetic ignorance on all things historical.

It is half-baked educated mumus like you, pretending to know what they've only heard others talk about that are at the helms of affairs in Nigeria; where NOTHING works. People like you, mere novices, pretenders and charlatans, try to create the falsehood of intelligence but ignorant that there are some of us who can peel through the layers of deceit and emptiness and see that core of infinite stupidity at the center.

Just shut up, go do some reading, some listening and some better well thought out writing; what you've been posting here is just a sorry heap of rubbish! Olodo!

That is one of the beauty of the internet. you can insult anyone without knowing anything abt them  grin

@ Richyblack
Don't mind the confused transvestite, it thinks that because it's 12th grade teach told it that it's smart then it can come up on a global forum and apply otakara logic on important discussions.

Because you cannot understand doesnt mean my logic is flawed. It just means you are stupid  grin. Also because you are too stupid to understand that i am flaming liberal and not a transvestite ( I changed my sex on nairaland not in reality mate) you shouldn't comment. And also because you see my age, you assume what class year, I am in, or my level of education (You would be surprised how wrong you are).

I have to use the word [b]I [/b]because of course its all about me, if it wasn't why will i be discussing with a bunch of unintelligent fools?

Interesting, how the only people talking here are igbo people complaining about issues and agreeing with each other, while also enforcing misinformation.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SapeleGuy: 12:07am On Nov 15, 2009
Pro Anti - The Mid West position was unequivocally clear. Neutrality. Having fought (politically) for many years to achieve their own region and successfully achieve that goal on 9 August 1963, they now became equal partners (able to earn 50% federal allocation) in the nation called Nigeria.

I think your description of pawns is very wrong.  An alliance with the east would simply have meant trading western dominance for eastern dominance. So you can understand why neutrality was chosen. But when Mid West was invaded with attendant atrocities all of this changed. This was the first error on the part of the eastern military command.

Some of my eastern brothers have rightfully identified Rivers State as critically important but not from the point of treachery as is often alledged here on Nairaland but from a viewpoint of strategy. They should have made an ally of Boro and supported his seccession, if they had done so Gowon couldn't have used that against them.

Secondly, when it was clear that they could no longer defend Rivers State, Ojukwu should have surrendered because  in simple terms he could not fund the war or provide food for his people. Thereby saving a lot of lives. Historically, not many soldiers have known the right time to surrender, they don't get trained for that.

Let us be pragmatic, the war was about resource control and oil. The eastern and northern regions couldn't let other areas (Middle Belt & Rivers) follow the Mid West example. It is just terrible that people had to die for a lie.

1 Like

Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by RichyBlacK(m): 12:07am On Nov 15, 2009
SEFAGO:

@ Richyblack
Because you cannot understand doesnt mean my logic is flawed. It just means you are stupid  grin. Also because you are too stupid to understand that i am flaming liberal and not a transvestite ( I changed my sex on nairaland not in reality mate) you shouldn't comment. And also because you see my age, you assume what class year, I am in, or my level of education (You would be surprised how wrong you are).

I have to use the word [b]I [/b]because of course its all about me, if it wasn't why will i be discussing with a bunch of unintelligent fools?

Interesting, how the only people talking here are igbo people complaining about issues and agreeing with each other, while also enforcing misinformation.

In two lifetimes you wouldn't achieve what I have in 1/4 of a lifetime.

You should know when you're outmatched, outclassed and outgunned!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 12:18am On Nov 15, 2009

In two lifetimes you wouldn't achieve what [b]I [/b]have in 1/4 of a lifetime.

You should know when you're outmatched, outclassed and outgunned!

well ok. congratulations. Back to topic- the alleged genocide against ibo people. I am debating genocide. Not who started the war, or if the war tactics used were morally wrong.

Awolowo was 100% correct, and I am not surprised considering his intellectual brilliance- all is fair during periods of war.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Eziachi: 12:27am On Nov 15, 2009
SEFAGO:

I have always believed more in logic than evidence. Usually because evidence can be tailored to suit a purpose. For example, one of Eziachi's evidence was a quote from a lagos policemansaying the igbos should be exterminated. To your pathetic minds that is evidence  shocked shocked shocked. My idea of evidence is the main leaders of the civil war to speak out on exactly what happened during those years. Just a couple of quotes taken out of context is never, and will never be evidence. undecided

This is another incoherent rant. You sound as if the quotes belongs to me. It was the New York Review of 21st December 1967 that quoted the Lagos policeman and that quote was used in the Washington Post editorial of July 2nd  1969.
If you are an intelligent young person, this could have become  good work for you as you can even write both the NEW YORK REVIEW and WASHINGTON POST to find out about the factual of their quotes as the day, month or year it was written was there for you in black and white.

But rather intellectual laziness went to work for you, because you saw the word Lagos, automatically you thought the police man must be from your tribe, therefore an attack on your tribe, while that police officer could have come from anywhere.
That is what happened when a mindset rules one’s sense of reasoning.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 12:30am On Nov 15, 2009
If you are an intelligent young person, this could have become  good work for you as you can even write both the NEW YORK REVIEW and WASHINGTON POST to find out about the factual of their quotes as the day, month or year it was written was there for you in black and white.

another beauty of the internet- I have written articles for the washington post smiley

But rather intellectual laziness went to work for you, because you saw the word Lagos, automatically you thought the police man must be from your tribe, therefore an attack on your tribe, while that police officer could have come from anywhere.

Actually my problem wasn't with the tribe of the policeman, but the fact that he was used as a source. I know how journalism works- i do some myself. You find someone who has what you want in an article select it and then portray it to fit what you want. Usually taken out of context. Now, if someone from the washington post, needs to make a good story, he would pick a good quote- and what beats one that sums up "tribal genocide."
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Beaf: 1:41am On Nov 15, 2009
SEFAGO:

Mr Dede are you aware that you are an idiot  embarassed. You just made a statement that no real scientist could make so confidently. Dont even bother defending your statement. It reeks of low-level intelligence. You now nit-picked on Ojukwu's education- which is wrong i admit- but it has been displayed several times in several news sources on that he attended sandhurst but i do have a copy of ojukwu's biography- given to me by my father- which stated otherwise.

I have always believed more in logic than evidence. Usually because evidence can be tailored to suit a purpose. For example, one of Eziachi's evidence was a quote from a lagos policemansaying the igbos should be exterminated. To your pathetic minds that is evidence   shocked shocked shocked. My idea of evidence is the main leaders of the civil war to speak out on exactly what happened during those years. Just a couple of quotes taken out of context is never, and will never be evidence. undecided

@Beaf

yes it is. If you guys continue to disseminate tribalistic and misinformation- like you beaf have a record of doing- then you screw up a country i love despite its failings. Beaf I would advise you to understand because I am talking to you online doesn't mean I am in your social class or intelligence class. I decided to change my sex because of my views on patriarchy and homophobia. I have the right to do so. it is people like me who fight for human and civil rights are the reason why you can yap your mouth on a computer.

That is one of the beauty of the internet. you can insult anyone without knowing anything abt them  grin

@ Richyblack
Because you cannot understand doesnt mean my logic is flawed. It just means you are stupid  grin. Also because you are too stupid to understand that i am flaming liberal and not a transvestite ( I changed my sex on nairaland not in reality mate) you shouldn't comment. And also because you see my age, you assume what class year, I am in, or my level of education (You would be surprised how wrong you are).

. . .Sad news embarassed embarassed embarassed, real science (not the kind you get in tabloids) says that there is ONLY ONE race on Earth. The colour of your skin is of as much consequence as the size of your nose. You see some of the reasons I say you should acquire wisdom? Shame! Even with all the attacks on someone elses intelligence, you turned out WRONG.

You claim to be fighting for "human and civil rights". But what I find difficult to understand is how you can make such a lofty pronouncement in the same breath as claiming that someone else is not in your exalted "social class" or "intelligence class". Interesting! shocked
You also changed your gender because of your views on "patriarchy and homophobia". How does that help women or homo's? Or your anti-homo argument? shocked Pardon me if I conclude that such a whirlwind of contradictions and crossed paths strikes me as very wierd.

Also, please tell me where the accusation of "tribalism" is coming from. shocked are you just making things up?

Boy! (or girl) Is all of this really all about you?!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 1:51am On Nov 15, 2009
Sad news , real science (not the kind you get in tabloids) says that there is ONLY ONE race on Earth. The colour of your skin is of as much consequence as the size of your nose. You see some of the reasons I say, you should acquire wisdom? Shame! Even with all the attacks on someone elses intelligence, you turned out WRONG.

You claim to be fighting for "human and civil rights". But what I find difficult to understand is how you can make such a lofty claim in the same breath as claiming that someone else is not in your exalted "social class" or "intelligence class". Interesting!
You also changed your gender because of your views on "patriarchy and homophobia". How does that help women or homo's? Or your anti-homo argument? Pardon me if I conclude that such a whirlwind of contradictions and crossed paths strikes me as very wierd.

Also, please tell me where the accusation of "tribalism" is coming from. are you just making things up?

Boy! (or girl) Is all of this really all about you?!

I am already bored, please let us go back to the argument. you and richyblack are the same people who kept on referring to my username/sexuality throughout the page- and then blowing the words of irrelevance and how everything is about me the next minute. I repeat, i am not here to talk with you- if i wanted to i would call my friends
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Eziachi: 1:51am On Nov 15, 2009
SEFAGO:

another beauty of the internet- I have written articles for the washington post smiley

One minute you claimed to be too young and now you writes for the washington post, or you meant you have written into their blogs?
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 1:57am On Nov 15, 2009
One minute you claimed to be too young and now you writes for the washington post, or you meant you have written into their blogs?

dont worry, i am withdrawing myself from this argument anyways. This never happened.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Beaf: 2:12am On Nov 15, 2009
SEFAGO:
I am already bored, please let us go back to the argument. you and richyblack are the same people who kept on referring to my username/sexuality throughout the page- and then blowing the words of irrelevance and how everything is about me the next minute. I repeat, i am not here to talk with you- if i wanted to i would call my friends

In Beyonce's arse yesterday, female today embarassed embarassed embarassed. Na wa! Have you ever heard the term "flip-flop"? Never trust one is good advice. cool

Hmmm, I wonder why all the time we were referring to your "username/sexuality", you never saw it as an opportunity to "fight for human and civil rights" of the victims of "patriarchy and homophobia". Strange, that one!

Abeg jare! We have learned that your whole presentation is to draw attention to yourself (no matter the cost), rather than tackle the topic at hand.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 4:18am On Nov 15, 2009
Thanks to:

Richyblack
Eziachi
Beaf
Pro anti
Dede1

Thanks for keeping the truth alive. Revisionists would do or say anything to exonerate the genociders. They come in many shapes and forms: fake sex, fake age or fake race or tribe. Don't be fooled one bit. The hermaphrodite going by the name SEAFAG is not a young person at all. He may even be one of the key players in the genocide or a paid agent. As these conversations continue, the genocide players/participants and their cheer leaders are getting more and more restless. So, have this fact at the back of your minds. We need to keep this conversion going. Our people need to know the truth about the country they claim. The beauty of these discussions is that the real young people can actually learn about Nigeria. They need to learn the truth about the country's latent murderous proclivity.
You can all see that the SEAFAG idiot is desperately trying to derail this thread. Don't let it.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 4:54am On Nov 15, 2009
He may even be one of the key players in the genocide or a paid agent. As these conversations continue, the genocide players/participants and their cheer leaders are getting more and more restless

grin grin grin grin grin paranoid little man
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by olafolarin(m): 10:51am On Nov 15, 2009
I am inspired and at the same time disappointed.
Disappointed because despite the overwheming knowledge from the civil war,we seem not to have learnt anything from it.Ojukwu was hell-bent on the war despite glaring evidences which shows that he doesnt have enough resources/logistics to embark on or sustain the war.Today,ojukwu is being hailed in some quarters as a tribal leader.Despite embarking on a war that shouldnt have been waged in the first place.The war that took his people generations backwards.Recently,he threatened to declare another civil war if the Appeal Court judgement goes Any Uba's way.Here is someone whose crage and thirst for "uncertain war" lead to the massacre and "almost genocide" of his kindred.ALL BECAUSE OF RESOURCE CONTROL.The tsunami effect of the war helped in heightening tribal tensions in Nigeria till today.So many facts were distorted and a particular section of the country still feel"neglected" since the war ended.

Awolowo might be right on war predictions and ways of ending it,but did he exhaust all resources in his reach to ensure that war victims attain their pre-war status?

How come most states in the North-with neither a single oil block nor high population -enjoys much more financial ambience that Lagos,Edo or Anambra state.

We should encourage discussions and discourse that will increase our love and affections for each other instead of making people like oJUKWU and its like a hero in Nigeria's politics and polity.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2009
We should encourage discussions and discourse that will increase our love and affections for each other instead of making people like oJUKWU and its like a hero in Nigeria's politics and polity.

god bless your wisdom, and increase it tenfolds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves / Imo, Zamfara: What Happened At The Supreme Court Yesterday / Revolution Has Started' - Aisha Yesufu On Looting Of Truck Carrying Food Items I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.