Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,758 members, 7,802,319 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move (1783 Views)

Woman Warned By Her Male Friend's Girlfriend After She Ordered Lunch For Him / Man Reveals His Friend's Girlfriend Of 6-months Is A Married Woman Of 2 Years / How My Friend's Girlfriend Tested Him To See If He Truly Loves Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by lola024(f): 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2016
Of all the dating dilemmas, this one is a difficult thing to handle. So do you like a friend’s girlfriend or does she like you? What’s next? Find out.

You have a friend.

And one fine day, he meets the girl of his dreams and falls in love.

A few weeks later, he introduces you to her. You’re happy for him.

But you’re totally falling in love with his girlfriend.

Ever been there?

Almost all guys have.

On one hand, you’re happy for your friend. He did find a great catch.

But on the other hand, you’re jealous.

His girlfriend is the sexiest thing you’ve ever seen and you can’t stop fantasizing about her, or wishing she could be with you instead of your friend.

Do you like a friend’s girlfriend?

When you’re a guy, it’s easy to instantly get attracted to a girl you meet, even if she’s your friend’s girlfriend.

While girls take a while to build the whole bonding thing, guys just don’t care. You like a girl, and you want her.

But when you like a friend’s new girlfriend or even an old one, you’re definitely on unstable ground. So what do you do when you find yourself in a dilemma like this.

There are just two things you can do. Steal the girl. Or admire her from afar and eventually forget about her.

How well do you know your friend?

Firstly, most people are going to tell you to drop the thought. But every circumstance is different. And at times, you dating your friend’s girlfriend may end up turning out to be the best thing for everyone involved. But that’s not always the case.

Here’s the easy way to figure it out by yourself.

For starters, how well do you know this friend, is he a real good buddy or someone you just know in passing? If he’s a very good friend, stop right there. You don’t steal a girl from a best buddy, however bad things get. In a worst case scenario, you date a friend’s girlfriend only months after they’ve broken up. But that doesn’t always end well either.

But if you don’t know this guy very well or he’s not a great friend, then you could still give this a thought.

Can you fancy her and yet find someone else?

She may be hot, and all you probably want to do is hold her hands or take a sneak peek at her cleavage. You may think it is true love, but it’s almost always an infatuation. You can always move on if you choose to, remember that.

Try to date one of her friends or someone else you find attractive. It’s easier, safer and won’t shatter any hearts.

Is she happy with your friend?

You may secretly think your friend is a loser and the luckiest son of a gun for getting a girl who’s so good in every way. And you may also think she’s unhappy in the relationship.

But is she really unhappy in the relationship? Did she tell you that herself? If she did, she probably likes you too. Why the heck would a girl tell her boyfriend’s friend that she’s unhappy for any other reason? In such cases, you may feel like the knight in shining armor who’s doing your friend’s girlfriend a favor by rescuing the damsel in distress from a bad relationship. But you’re really not.

You’re only creating more confusions and complications by flirting with her and leading her on. And don’t forget this, you’re digging your own grave by warming up to a good friend’s girlfriend.

Are you having a great time with her?

Is your friend’s girlfriend spending a lot of time with you, or going out of her way to talk to you? Do both of you have wonderful conversations laced with romance and seduction now and then? It may all feel really happy and sappy, but you have to remember that both of you are intentionally walking into something that could only create more problems. Do you really have to sweet talk her and try to make her feel like you’re a better guy? Are you really being a good friend here?

Does she like you too?

Most guys get confused here. Just because she speaks nicely and touches you while talking or complimenting you doesn’t mean she likes you too. She may just be trying to get friendly. Unless she tells you she likes you or tries to kiss you or hold your hand when it’s just the both of you, don’t let your thoughts wander into a complicated romance. Be sure of her feelings before you fall for her.

The code of friends

If you try to steal a girlfriend behind your friend’s back, you’re breaking the bro code. Friends don’t date a friend’s girlfriend. You may be shunned by all your other friends for complicating things. Are you ready to give up all your friends for a girl who isn’t yours in the first place?

Can you forget her?

Sometimes, you may be faced with a life changing circumstance. You may know deep inside that your friend’s girlfriend is the one you want. And she may like you a lot too.

Can you live with yourself for not going out with her? You may end up hating your friend anyways for dating the girl you secretly like and your friendship may start falling apart in a few months.

Forget her if your friend matters to you

Younger people have a huge misconception about friendship. They think friendships are made for life. And it’s almost always false. You’ll only learn this later when you don’t have time for old friends anymore. Friends come and go all the time. A few friends may stay in your life forever, but most friends end up becoming once-a-month drinking buddies or once-in-six-months reunion party friends.

If your friend matters to you, harden your heart and forget about his girlfriend. If you couldn’t care less about losing your friend, and all that matters is his girlfriend, throw your friend in the dirt and date the girl!

How to date a friend’s girlfriend

Once you’re certain that you don’t care about your friend, and want his girlfriend more than anything else, start making your move if you know she likes you too. Preferably, try to steal a friend’s girlfriend only if he’s not a good friend and if he isn’t treating her the way a girlfriend should be treated.

But while you’re wooing her and impressing her, occasionally tell your other friends about how badly your friend is treating his girlfriend and how she constantly calls you while crying over the phone and talks about how she’s unhappy with her boyfriend (as long as it’s close to the truth). By letting all your friends knows the real truth, you can actually end up looking like the savior and a hero in due course.

Don’t propose to her when she’s still in the relationship. If she likes you too, get her to break up with your friend first. And once you’re past that, invite her along the next time you meet your other friends. Let your friends believe that you’re just trying to make her feel better after a bad breakup with your friend who’s been a really bad boyfriend.

The bitchy complication

You may genuinely like your friend’s girlfriend. But you can’t jump into any conclusion about her feelings unless you hear it from her. Does she really like you? Don’t be too confident about that thought until she breaks up with her boyfriend.

A few girls just like the attention. She may be dating your friend, but after noticing that you’ve been drooling over her for a while, she may try to mess with your feelings just to get your attention. Wouldn’t you like it if your girlfriend’s best friend has a crush on you? It’s the same thing. Always wait for her to end the relationship. At least then you’ll know she seriously does like you.

What should you do?

The last word, if you like your friend’s girlfriend enough to lose a friend, go full speed ahead. But never ask her out until you’re sure she likes you.

If you value your friend more than a fickle girl who can’t make up her mind on who she likes, then steel your heart and avoid her.

Do you like a friend’s girlfriend? Of course you do. But now that you know the odds and the ways, do something about it. But always remember to think with a clear head. And never jump to conclusions.

Check Out Moral24 for more mind blowing Satisfying articles

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
A friend's girlfriend? shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by hylyne(m): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
Who has the patience to read all these your copy and paste....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by lola024(f): 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
hylyne:

Who has the patience to read all these your copy and paste....

ASK YOUR DESTINY
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2016
Lola; TL, DR.
Give us summary.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by KillerPriest: 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
Interesting piece. Did you write this yourself?

I've been at the receiving end of quite a number of sexual overtures made by girlfriends of my supposedly male friends so I can relate to it on a personal level.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Sexxkillz: 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
Losers would actually try this out.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by KillerPriest: 5:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sexxkillz:

And how does eating from the cookie jar of one's friend make one a loser? -- especially if you never made the first move, and if the guy is but a fleeting acquaintance.
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by BabaRamota1980: 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
HELL NO!!!
First, i dont roll with friends who dont understand the code.
Second, if my friend girlfriend try me she will be exposed.
Third, wtf!! angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Sexxkillz: 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
KillerPriest:

And how does eating from the cookie jar of one's friend make one a loser? -- especially if you never made the first move, and if the guy is but a fleeting acquaintance.
Any girl that leaves your friend for you, would also leave you for any of your friends that shows interest in her.

Read that slowly.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by lola024(f): 5:44pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sexxkillz:

how did u use this sexy font
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by lola024(f): 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2016
BabaRamota1980:
HELL NO!!!
First, i dont roll with friends who dont understand the code.
Second, if my friend girlfriend try me she will be exposed.
Third, wtf!! angry

coughs
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by KillerPriest: 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sexxkillz:
Any girl that leaves your friend for you, would also leave you for any of your friends that shows interest in her.

Read that slowly.

Only if the guy had hopes his relationship with his friend's ex-girlfriend would be of the Romeo-and-Juliet variety. I'm talking chop-and-clean mouth here.

All I need is for her to show a flicker of interest in me. After she must given the green light, the next step would be to weigh the seriousness of my friendship with the guy she's dating. If the threads binding me and her boyfriend turn out to be as gossamer as the wings of a dragonfly and if I'm in a mood to ball, then I would fück her and without feeling the faintest pinprick of compunction. And no, it doesn't make me a loser – it makes me a player.
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Sexxkillz: 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2016
KillerPriest:

Only if the guy had hoped his relationship with his friend's ex-girlfriend would be of the Romeo and Juliet variety. I'm talking chop-and-clean mouth here.

All I need is for her to show a flicker of interest in me. When she does that then the next step is to weigh the seriousness of my friendship with the guy she's dating. If the thread binding me and her boyfriend turn out to be as gossamer as the wings of a dragonfly and if I'm in a mood to ball, then I would fück her and without feeling the faintest pinprick of compunction. And no, it doesn't make me a loser – it makes me a player.

Being a "player" has never been, and would never be a sensible achievement to brag about.

Get off your high horse.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by hylyne(m): 6:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
lola024:

ASK YOUR DESTINY

I'm very sure, u don't have one, judging from your DP.
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Bubblewitch: 6:09pm On Dec 10, 2016
Y wud I?
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Mustiboy(m): 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2016
this is evil! why should any sane person even try it?

1 Like

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by KillerPriest: 6:22pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sexxkillz:
Being a "player" has never been, and would never be a sensible achievement to brag about.

Get off your high horse.

I never said I would do such, I never denied that I have done such either, so there really isn't any high horse to come down from, and no one is bragging about being a player.

I merely used myself as an example to defend the guys that would screw their friend's girlfriend because you called them losers (for reasons best known to you). You obviously do not find yourself in situations as such where your friend's gf would make passes at you. If you did, you would understand better.

Do away with your over-bloated sense of morality and take a chill pill.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Sexxkillz: 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2016
KillerPriest:

I never said I would do such, I never denied that I have done such either, so there really isn't any high horse to come down from, and no one is bragging about being a player.

I merely used myself as an example to defend the guys that would screw their friend's girlfriend because you called them losers (for reasons best known to you). You obviously do not regularly find yourself in such situations where your friend's gf would make passes at you. If you did, you would understand better.

Do away with your warped sense of morality and take a chill pill.

It's not about morality. It's about simple commonsense a lot of you lack.

If a girl leaves your friend for you, she'll also leave you for another friend because she's not loyal. It's not about your stupid "skills". It's about her own disloyalty. I don't need to type paragraphs to make you understand that.

Use your commonsense. I'm not replying you further.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Sexxkillz: 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2016
lola024:

how did u use this sexy font
Same way you use any other font. . . Nothing special. smiley

1 Like

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by RENOWNED2(m): 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
Rule No 30 Of the bro code: never think about dating your bros girl!

1 Like

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sexxkillz:

Read that slowly.

Getting deadlier each day....
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by kullozone(m): 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
I Luh my girl's immediate elder and younger sisters...
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by BabaRamota1980: 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
lola024:

coughs

wassup darling... wink
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Defaramade(m): 6:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
lola024:

ASK YOUR DESTINY
Lol

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by BabaRamota1980: 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sexxkillz:
Same way you use any other font. . . Nothing special. smiley

she's showing interest in you. Forget the font. grin

i liked your comments about the chain event...girl rotating through friends and then repeating with more friends. Great input buddy!

1 Like

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by BabaRamota1980: 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
RENOWNED2:
Rule No 30 Of the bro code: never think about dating your bros girl!

THAT'S IT, simple!!!
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by KillerPriest: 6:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sexxkillz:
It's not about morality. It's about simple commonsense a lot of you lack.

If a girl leaves your friend for you, she'll also leave you for another friend because she's not loyal. It's not about your stupid "skills". It's about her own disloyalty. I don't need to type paragraphs to make you understand that.

Are you in dumb mode? I already explained that what you speak of only applies to guys who hoped to establish a serious relationship with the girl, and guys like that come rare.

Many guys would only be involved in such trysts for the sake of getting a couple of fücks out of it, and the moment they get what they want or things go awry, they don't give a rat-arse about what the girl decides to do.

Besides, human relationship is not like math where 1 + 1 would always equals 2. Because she left her boyfriend for his friend doesn't make her disloyalty to the new guy an irreversible certainty.

It may happen that she never did like her boyfriend in the first place, or perhaps she was too young to know what she wanted for herself back when she agreed to be his girlfriend. There are many girls who broke up with their bfs and are happily married to their bf's man-friend. A quick stroll through the halls of Google would confirm this; add that with numerous testimonies of girls who have done such and stayed true to the new guy and you have a case.

So, mister; spare us the scathing blows of your ignorant pontifications. Your logic is abysmally myopic.

Use your commonsense. I'm not replying you further.

Your nous needs a facelift and I already proved that.
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Sexxkillz: 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2016
BabaRamota1980:

she's showing interest in you. Forget the font. grin

i liked your comments about the chain event...girl rotating through friends and then repeating with more friends. Great input buddy!

Cheers mate.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
lola024:

ASK YOUR DESTINY

That's cynicism, show a little courtesy.
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by LorDBolton(m): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sexxkillz:

I only read the heading of each paragraph.

That a girl typed it is enough for me to not take it serious.

Cos no stand-up dude will type that crap
Re: Do You Like A Friend’s Girlfriend? – The Next Move by Martinola(m): 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2016
Bullcrap

(1) (2) (Reply)

Student Murders Girlfriend During Rough Sex On Valentine’s Day / How To Ruin A Date In Four Words / Please Help Us Choose Between This 2 Sentences Which One Is Correct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.