Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:03 AM

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DIRECT ENTRY Admission. (472649 Views)

Direct Entry Admission Guide Into Nigerian Universities. / Nigerian Universities That Accept Lower Credit For Direct Entry Admission / Uniben Direct Entry 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Carmal90(m): 11:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
davidj20:
@calma 90 plz gv me ur whatsap No...

Saw ur post late..08122580521
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by krinniebouqui(f): 11:13am On Jan 04, 2017
Pls,I graduated from the polytechnic ibadan with 4.01 in food science and technology as an ND graduate.have tried unilorin and funaab all to no avail,am now thinking of which school to go for again..pls help mi...
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by RandomHero(m): 11:37am On Jan 04, 2017
krinniebouqui:
Pls,I graduated from the polytechnic ibadan with 4.01 in food science and technology as an ND graduate.have tried unilorin and funaab all to no avail,am now thinking of which school to go for again..pls help mi...
From this, I take it that you've been home for two years after your IT trying out FUNAAB and UNILORIN?
Have you tried going for HND in Federal Poly Ilaro, Yaba College of Tech or your alma mater? No? Why? Yes? Good for you!
But if you're still intent on university education, why not try OAU or UI. Is that 4.01 equivalent to distinction? If it is, you could also try UNILAG.
But please, along with DE, take HND form for a good polytechnic too.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Capslock01: 12:25pm On Jan 04, 2017
Ghideourn:
No Uniben is first choice... Second choice is between lasu ND tasued
Play the tasued card. If you're sure they will accept your diploma course for the one you're aspiring for.

Lasu admission to me is not transparent and alot of people usually consider them for second choice.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Capslock01: 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
Knownpal:

Taused accepts second choice very well?
is this a question bro? Or you're saying they accept second choice?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by krinniebouqui(f): 12:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
[I never tried any polytechnic..u got it right,have been trying university for the past 2 yrs.
The 4.01 is upper credit, and are u suggesting OAU or UI which is most suitable and federal poly ilaro..thanks
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by koldej(m): 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2017
Please ani1 here wu has done d jamb regularization stuff shuld enlighten me on aw he or she go abt it...don't nid comment on wat it is abt bt I onli want to knw d processin. thanks ani d.e applicant wu finish is ND @kwarapoly here
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Capslock01: 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
MasterRahl:
I graduated with a 2.1 from University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Good! You can try both the direct entry and master.

Ehn, check out the mastercard foundation scholarship, federal government overseas scholarship FSB, Erasmus mundus, Turkish government scholarship etc those are few ones you can apply to and it costs nothing but your energy and dedication. There are many others, just try using google.
Also if you have the financial capacity you can join EducationUSA 'they usually hold free interactive section every wednesday in the US embassy in Lagos and Abuja', who knows maybe you can get partial or fully funded scholarship by applying through them.

Doing all this, you'll need lots of dedication, motivation and a mentor.
Read through this thread too https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre you might find something useful, you can also ask people question there.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Capslock01: 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
ayox1:
Hi
Lol, this is not Whatsapp. We are fine. Are you an aspirant?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by krinniebouqui(f): 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
RandomHero:

From this, I take it that you've been home for two years after your IT trying out FUNAAB and UNILORIN?
Have you tried going for HND in Federal Poly Ilaro, Yaba College of Tech or your alma mater? No? Why? Yes? Good for you!
But if you're still intent on university education, why not try OAU or UI. Is that 4.01 equivalent to distinction? If it is, you could also try UNILAG.
But please, along with DE, take HND form for a good polytechnic too.
You got it right!have been home trying those schools. The 4.01 is upper credit.
Are you now suggesting OAU or UI? Wich one is most suitable, and besides have never tried any polytechnic simply because of this HND discrimination..
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Capslock01: 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2017
Ysquare98:
please which school can accept ND SLT for direct entry into medical lab science ...am currently in my ND 2 with a cgpa of 3.87 o level's 2A's,1 B3 ,1C5 and a C6...advice plz and plz be sure plz as in the last admission conducted was anyone admitted for the course at the sch u will mention
3.87 on a scale of 4 or 5. Distinction? Which school? Let start from there.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Capslock01: 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
Geniustic:
Tnks for ur response, Im talking abt Unilag and Funaab
Unilag will not accept your grade. Funaab is cool though. Food technology? I don't think it is that competitive, abi it is?. Maybe UI will be okay abi RandomHero what do you think?

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Capslock01: 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2017
krinniebouqui:
You graduated from my alma mater. Eyin omo north abi na Eruwa/Saki you finished from? Well, no try Unilag, they will not accept your diploma "try reading larrydking posts to understand why".

You have wasted two years, you now want to settle for less? Have you forgotten that if one persists one will succeed. Wo Bukky, If someone think HND is better then think about why is the person also trying DE? Wo, don't let anybody deceive you o. Carmal90, had HND and he still wants to try DE. Wonder why?

Try OAU or OOU (if you have the financial capacity) then collect jamb form with it and select schools that will easily admit you.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Carmal90(m): 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
Capslock01:

You graduated from my alma mater. Eyin omo north abi na Eruwa/Saki you finished from? Well, no try Unilag, they will not accept your diploma "try reading larrydking posts to understand why".

You have wasted two years, you now want to settle for less? Have you forgotten that if one persists one will succeed. Wo Bukky, If someone think HND is better then think about why is the person also trying DE? Wo, don't let anybody deceive you o. Carmal90, had HND and he still wants to try DE. Wonder why?

Try OAU or OOU (if you have the financial capacity) then collect jamb form with it and select schools that will easily admit you.

Thanks, me wanting to go for bsc is to prove a point to myself..
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Geniustic(m): 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
Capslock01:

Unilag will not accept your grade. Funaab is cool though. Food technology? I don't think it is that competitive, abi it is?. Maybe UI will be okay abi RandomHero what do you think?
I heard dat funaab do not easily pick D.E students
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by bawz012(m): 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
Guru9ja:
Abi while the wise ones are opting for BSC Part time through DE. The foolish ones are wasting their time applying for DE through jamb

And you are not a FOOL for calling others 'foolish'?

If you want to advice people, you really don't have to insult them now, Do you?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Capslock01: 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
Carmal90:

Thanks, me wanting to go for bsc is to prove a point to myself..
Egbon! At the end you'll see that you've well for yourself. The sky will be your starting point sir.
Even Iziren Akhigbe had HND and still went for Bsc, he is now in the united state doing master in aerospace engineering. You can check him out on LinkedIn.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Capslock01: 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2017
Geniustic:
I heard dat funaab do not easily pick D.E students
Lol, I heard that too.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Capslock01: 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
bawz012:

And you are not a FOOL for calling others 'foolish'?

If you want to advice people, you really don't have to insult them now, Do you?
Lol, egbon you better leave that egbon. He be like say he dey try advertise his business ni o.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Carmal90(m): 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2017
Capslock01:

Egbon! At the end you'll see that you've well for yourself. The sky will be your starting point sir.
Even Iziren Akhigbe had HND and still went for Bsc, he is now in the united state doing master in aerospace engineering. You can check him out on LinkedIn.

See,am not Egbon, am a young guy like if if not ur junior one gan self, I have been receiving lot of backlash from my friends when I told them my plan,but am unperturbed,all I want for now is bsc since work no gree come
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by krinniebouqui(f): 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2017
Capslock01:

It is saki ooo my brother,am even thinking of OAU but tryna be on the safe side,am also thinking of polytechnic jawee.kindly drop ur whatsapp num for a better convo...
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by RandomHero(m): 2:08pm On Jan 04, 2017
krinniebouqui:

You got it right!have been home trying those schools. The 4.01 is upper credit.
Are you now suggesting OAU or UI? Wich one is most suitable, and besides have never tried any polytechnic simply because of this HND discrimination..
If I'll be suggesting based on posts in this thread, I'd say go with OAU; as they're acclaimed to give ND applicants a fair chance of DE admission.
However, addressing the issue of HND discrimination, it's been two years. I studied Statistics, but I don't need to have done that to know that any venture that does not have at least 0.8 probability of occurring is just as well not worth praying on. Rather settle for parallel credits in WAEC than retake 5-7times because you want A1s, right?
I was called while in school, Federal Poly Ilaro, studying to get my HND, that I've been offered admission in UI. Better late than never and better HND than wasted years.
If you've got age on your side, you can faith it and go for just the DE, if not, please improvise.

HND can always be upgraded.

You're female, there's an amount of time pressure society has imposed on your gender that can't allow you to be obstinately stuck up on one ambition.

Divide your eggs, it has been two years.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by kunlex445(m): 2:08pm On Jan 04, 2017
koldej:
Please ani1 here wu has done d jamb regularization stuff shuld enlighten me on aw he or she go abt it...don't nid comment on wat it is abt bt I onli want to knw d processin. thanks ani d.e applicant wu finish is ND @kwarapoly here
I finish from kwarapoly and got regularized last year.however,the Regularization process is not out yet for this year, you have to wait until school announce it..
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by RandomHero(m): 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2017
Capslock01:

True, UNILAG is a NO! UI? No. FUNAAB though, I think they just place emphasis on having your complete papers in one or two sittings, so I think Capslock01 is on to something good. You could also consider OAU/OOU. (Though I honestly never refer people to OOU due to personal reasons.)
With time though, I would help you narrow down a suitable list of schools that you stand a really good chance of getting in and hopefully it's your dream course too.

Cc Geniustic

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by krinniebouqui(f): 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
RandomHero:

If I'll be suggesting based on posts in this thread, I'd say go with OAU; as they're acclaimed to give ND applicants a fair chance of DE admission.
However, addressing the issue of HND discrimination, it's been two years. I studied Statistics, but I don't need to have done that to know that any venture that does not have at least 0.8 probability of occurring is just as well not worth praying on. Rather settle for parallel credits in WAEC than retake 5-7times because you want A1s, right?
I was called while in school, Federal Poly Ilaro, studying to get my HND, that I've been offered admission in UI. Better late than never and better HND than wasted years.
If you've got age on your side, you can faith it and go for just the DE, if not, please improvise.
Thanks so much;i rili apreciate

You're female, there's an amount of time pressure society has imposed on your gender that can't allow you to be obstinately stuck up on one ambition.

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by krinniebouqui(f): 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
RandomHero:

Thanks so much..i rili aprc8

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Geniustic(m): 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
RandomHero:

True, UNILAG is a NO! UI? No. FUNAAB though, I think they just place emphasis on having your complete papers in one or two sittings, so I think Capslock01 is on to something good. You could also consider OAU/OOU. (Though I honestly never refer people to OOU due to personal reasons.)
With time though, I would help you narrow down a suitable list of schools that you stand a really good chance of getting in and hopefully it's your dream course too.
Nice one Bro, i tink i will begin to change plans, Oau will be a good idea frm wat im reading here

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2017
Good day guys
I graduated from IMT ENUGU (ND)
GP : 3. 25 (upper credit )
COURSE : Cooperative Economic and Management
going for Business Management (UNN)
O'LEVEL : ( commerce A1 , account B3 , MATHS B3, economics C6 and English C6)
what are my ...........
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Capslock01: 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2017
Carmal90:

See,am not Egbon, am a young guy like if if not ur junior one gan self, I have been receiving lot of backlash from my friends when I told them my plan,but am unperturbed,all I want for now is bsc since work no gree come
Lol, but you'll be older than me. So, you're still egbon.

Don't be move by their negative criticism, just like it is written in one of Dr. Olukoya's books "If you tell the whole world that yours is a dream of greatness, they will not listen to you, but the moment you become great, the world will keep asking you to show them the way"

Keep trying every possible good things bro even job hunting gan.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Capslock01: 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
krinniebouqui:

It is saki ooo my brother,am even thinking of OAU but tryna be on the safe side,am also thinking of polytechnic jawee.kindly drop ur whatsapp num for a better convo...
Okay. Yes, to be on the safe side, your plans have to be clear cut now. Here is my whatsapp number 09059675964.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Capslock01: 4:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
01Alpha:
Good day guys

I graduated from IMT ENUGU (ND)

GP : 3. 25 (upper credit )

COURSE : Cooperative Economic and Management

going for Business Management (UNN)

O'LEVEL : ( commerce A1 , account B3 , MATHS B3, economics C6 and English C6)

what are my ...........

Have you asked if you can use your diploma course for the aspiring course? If yes, then I think you stand a good chance.
Welcome bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (230) (Reply)

Nairaland Mathematics Clinic / 2017/2018 JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Released! See Full List. / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.