Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,833 members, 7,798,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Christmas Eve - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Christmas Eve (946 Views)

The Untold Story Of Adam And Eve / Noel's Eve: Christmas Love Story. / The Bachelor's Eve (A Short Romantic Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas Eve by LOC1(m): 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2016
************CHRISTMAS EVE**************a story by LOC1

December 24th is a day that needs no introduction. Every member of my family were set for church except me. Earlier in the day, I treated myself to a good meal of "ewa agoyin" and bread. My friends have so eulogized this delicacy such that I always looked forward to eating eat. Well, I consumed three, yes three plates and few hours later I became friends with my toilet. It was then I knew there where 3½ ceiling boards in my toilet, 20 floor tiles and 64 wall tiles. Every time I visit the toilet, the small room would be greeted by an orchestration of the sound of fart. My mum before leaving for church that evening helped me with some drugs, I was beginning to feel comfortable as I lay down to rest.

It was ten pm, my folks ought to be back but still, there was no sign of them. I could no longer wait for their return, sleep was beginning to take a better toll on me. I could see myself drifting slowly to sleep. Few hours into my sleep, I began hearing some noise, the voices were not familiar. They kept whispering to each other as they rallied round the radius of my house. One of the voices called out to the other "kamoru" dem no dey house, come make we do this thing sharp sharp! What did I just hear? I quietly got up from bed and at this point, it already dawned on me that I have visitors. I was the only one at home, I needed to act fast. I picked my phone, I went into my wardrobe to make a call through to my folks but I was greeted by the voice "sorry, you have insufficient balance to complete this call, please recharge................................................... Bla bla bla!!! Yawa don gas, I opted to borrowing airtime but, I'm yet to pay up my outstanding debt.

These guys go spoil Christmas give me, I really must act fast. I looked around the room in search of a good weapon. All I needed to be was to be fast and smart enough to deal with this burglars. After all, I have done it before, yes! I have dealt with a lot of bad guys in grand theft auto. I completed three different series. This is isn't a game I thought for once. Then I remembered the movie "Ride Along" and how Kevin Hart used his gaming experience to beat the bad guys. I soon developed all the confidence I needed. I picked a knife, my belt and a tin of insecticide. Like a machinery, I walked stealthily through the back door. I will be attacking them from a vantage point as they were still outside, trying to make their way into the House. The moon shone brightly enough to give me the illumination I needed. I crept from wall to wall, car to car like a pro with the belt hung around my neck, the knife in one hand and the insecticide in the other hand until I was a few meters away from my targets.

One of the burglars was now very visible to me but I can't just charge towards him like that, I needed a diversion. There was my neighbor's cement truck. Well, I will go under and roll from one end to the other, stab my target on the leg and once he bends to ease himself of the pain, I will spray the insecticide on his face. Nice plan! I said to myself. I heaved a sigh of relief after taking a deep breath. Now I was under the truck rolling from one end to the other as I had earlier planned. Suddenly, I heard a loud thud, everywhere was dead silent, I could no longer feel my body, I must have been it. Holy shit!!! I tried to move, but the pain was excruciating. I managed to open my eyes only for me to find myself on the floor in my room. Oh no!!! It was just a dream, I actually fell off my bed. I must have been rolling on my bed thinking I was under my neighbor's truck. Thank God it was only a dream.

THE END.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Eve by LOC1(m): 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
Comments and reviews are welcomed.

cc: Jarexxx Jacksomchris Deybesee Realhommie Sacluxpaint , sommyqueency BerryBabyB chidosky30 Fernandinho kakadinho0880, feeqtee holysin5683 , larabode jummiedel Lorexinoh durodolatunde, Olanna45 mhizjessy, LOC1 curvydiva darlyE Quasarr Angelinastto Lleigh oluala1 Viciyoung Raykeyheart Sangarara Macfloyd7 parksland bekanuel henrieternal2016 Winters22 Mrintegrity247 zedteawhy Sadrey1 Divepen1 GMan650 Sent4rina Crixina divepen chrisbaby24 Ice4jez. enohorglo kinah lillyana spenx084 okhiai1 Domance kingajibola( devilmaycry bibijay123. jagugu88li. ujudiaz MrJah omamush oluwatymylehyn valyzubxx yurme Chumzypinky pqmeup Stexy wizzbenn ayejimimoshood mayree2t9
Re: Christmas Eve by horlahwhunmie(m): 9:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
Its such a nice cracker that kept me reading full of suspence and illusion,you are a good illustrator and a writer.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Eve by collinxraver(m): 1:15am On Dec 11, 2016
Njoyin it ooo .>collinometricx

1 Like

Re: Christmas Eve by LOC1(m): 3:03pm On Dec 11, 2016
horlahwhunmie:
Its such a nice cracker that kept me reading full of suspence and illusion,you are a good illustrator and a writer.

Thank you
Re: Christmas Eve by Lleigh(f): 10:34pm On Dec 11, 2016
i went looking for more... good one LOC1

1 Like

Re: Christmas Eve by LOC1(m): 7:59am On Dec 12, 2016
Lleigh:
i went looking for more... good one LOC1

Angelinastto:
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the mention honey.
This is gon be a great piece. Keep it rolling!

Thank you.
Re: Christmas Eve by Angelinastto(f): 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the mention honey. This is gon be a great piece. Keep it rolling!

1 Like

Re: Christmas Eve by kinah(f): 7:46am On Dec 14, 2016
ROTFL. O GBIGBIGBI. NICE ONE

1 Like

Re: Christmas Eve by Mrintegrity247: 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nice job

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shadows Of Pain / ANJONU- Based On A True Life Story by a Nairalander / Dark Room - Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.