Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,981 members, 7,799,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL (5363 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / The Coronavirus: When God Goes Awol / When A Child Of God Goes Back Into Sin... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 7:27am On Dec 11, 2016
Once again, tens of people have their heads smashed into pieces by a falling Church building.
If they are not being trampled to death at religious crusades, they are being smashed to pieces by falling Church buildings.

Where was god in all these tragedies ?

Are these not proof that religious worship is not only a terrible waste of precious time, but an ongoing health and safety hazard ?

I mean, what a terrible Irony, a very very sad and pathetic one.

It means, and again, ought to invoke and agitate our Common sense that the laws of physics transcend way above god and the notion of god,.., and that god, despite all the claims of imaginary omni omniness, is itself subordinate and subservient to the immutable laws of physics.

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by dingbang(m): 7:31am On Dec 11, 2016
Mchew! The Lord was never present in that church
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 7:40am On Dec 11, 2016
dingbang:
Lol.
Just like I predicted.
The Lord was the first to escape,..and being the talented escape artist that he is, he did it soooo fast, that this poster above is even questioning and denying whether he was there at all.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by dingbang(m): 7:42am On Dec 11, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.
Just like I predicted.
The Lord was the first to escape,..and being the talented escape artist that he is, he did it soooo fast, that this poster above is even questioning and denying whether he was there at all.
lmao... no no you got it wrong, I mentioned that the Lord was never present.

You are now saying he was present and he was first to escape. Please don't say what you don't know. He is not your mate

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by menxer: 7:46am On Dec 11, 2016
Tragic incidents like these begs the question of why our visionary prophets can only see into someone else's problem to solve but not theirs?

Of all the prophets, pastors, apostles, etc that graced that event none of them was worthy of a revelation from God of the impending tragedy?

It's all feel good religiosity, no spiritual backings, I guess.

How so sad.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 7:51am On Dec 11, 2016
dingbang:
lmao... no no you got it wrong, I mentioned that the Lord was never present.

You are now saying he was present and he was first to escape. Please don't say what you don't know. He is not your mate

What I know is that the Lord, who is omnipresent( in case you forgot), is always the first ( according to people like you) to escape tragedies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by seunmsg(m): 7:54am On Dec 11, 2016
dingbang:

Very convenient.

If the service had ended peacefully with lots of people giving miraculous testimonies, it would be all glory to God for doing signs and wonders. When things go bad, errmm, yea, God was never there in the first place. You guys really need to tell your god to start taking responsibilities when people who worship him die horribly in his presence.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by adedayoa2(f): 8:01am On Dec 11, 2016
seunmsg:

Very convenient.

If the service had ended peacefully with lots of people giving miraculous testimonies, it would be all glory to God for doing signs and wonders. When things go bad, errmm, yea, God was never there in the first place. You guys really need to tell your god to start taking responsibilities when people who worship him die horribly in his presence.
He is not god but God.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by oglalasioux(m): 8:06am On Dec 11, 2016
I won't say anything. Just coming out from ban for saying the same thing the OP is saying.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by seunmsg(m): 8:07am On Dec 11, 2016
adedayoa2:
He is not god but God.

You need to make this clarification to the families of the over 100 people that lost their lives yesterday while worshipping him.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by skeendyke: 8:25am On Dec 11, 2016
Plaetton, please tell the world also that public places of entertainment like stadiums where countless of lives were stampeded to death and fights break out regularly resulting in grievous injuries and sometimes loss of lives; entertainment clubs where many cases of deaths have been reported resulting from fire accidents and gang wars; means of transportation such as private vehicles, commercial buses and airlines which have accounted for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of lives; buildings which have collapsed killing families and trapping many others in their rubble; gas cookers and stoves their use of which have caused loss of lives through accident are - not only a terrible waste of precious time, but an ongoing health and safety hazard

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Ranchhoddas: 8:33am On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:
Plaetton, please tell the world also that public places of entertainment like stadiums where countless of lives were stampeded to death and fights break out regularly resulting in grievous injuries and sometimes loss of lives; entertainment clubs where many cases of deaths have been reported resulting from fire accidents and gang wars; means of transportation such as private vehicles, commercial buses and airlines which have accounted for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of lives; buildings which have collapsed killing families and trapping many others in their rubble; gas cookers and stoves their use of which have caused loss of lives through accident are - not only a terrible waste of precious time, but an ongoing health and safety hazard
Rubbish! Should the church not be held to a higher standard?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by OgundeleT(m): 8:39am On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:
churches where people like you claimed there is presence of all powerful god suppose to be exempted from tragedy except if churches are not different from those places you mentioned

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by skeendyke: 8:56am On Dec 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas and OgundeleT, are you both implying that God promised to protect His worshippers from accidents? Are you folks implying that worshippers are immune from death through their location in the church?

Ranchhoddas, please enlighten me about the high standard you are taking about.

OgundeleT, you said, "suppose to be exempted from tragedy." My question to you is do you study history at all? If you did you wouldn't have uttered this statement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by randomperson: 9:22am On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:
Ranchhoddas and OgundeleT, are you both implying that God promised to protect His worshippers from accidents? Are you folks implying that worshippers are immune from death through their location in the church?

OgundeleT, you said, "suppose to be exempted from tragedy." My question to you is do you study history at all? If you did you wouldn't have uttered this statement.
So god never promised to protect his people in the bible... Do u even read your bible at all?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Ranchhoddas: 9:32am On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:

The church is supposed to be the dwelling place of the Most High.

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 11, 2016
dingbang:

Yeah, I agree with you. This proves it's actually possible that God is not omnipresent. Or perhaps God is there, but He saved the righteous from the catastrophe and allowed the wicked to die so that the rest of the wicked souls out there will repent and come to him.

Human sacrifice just to prove a point. Issorite

Ok, here's another scenario; what if God is just a myth and gullible people are just being brainwashed into believing he/she/it has a perfect plan for them?

What if this event is just a cover-up for attempted murder of the useless governor of Akcity?

This is HELL, impossible is nothing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by hopefulLandlord: 9:53am On Dec 11, 2016
I said this on another thread

One thing that amazes me about theists especially Christians is the speed at which they interpret misfortunes that happen to atheists as their god showing his power, anger and telling atheists to repent from their "sinful ways"

Consider this, they talked of how Marilyn Monroe's death weeks after allegedly telling someone that "I don't need your Jesus" as sign of their god's power but when you now point to the plane crash that killed Myles Munroe and his wife (a Christian on his way to preach the gospel) you'll see them run around in circles by claiming God knows best or some other self defeating logic

Look at the thread on this church incident that hit front-page yesterday and see for yourself how Christians were blaming the engineers and construction workers for the building collapse while exonerating their imaginary Jewish folklore friend of all blames

If this however happened in an atheist meeting and the place caves in, these Christians would be very quick to point to that happening as god showing his power and getting angry at us, they wouldn't dare blame any engineering or construction fault even if it were obvious the fault comes from them

"This wouldn't have happened" many Christians would say "if they believed in my god"

"God is punishing them for their sins"

this also happens in real life a lot

1 atheist graduate couldn't get a job? move closer to Jesus, he has all the answers

Christian couldn't get a job? God is testing your faith in him, his time is the best

2 atheist is getting depressed? Jesus is the answer

Christian died of acute depression? god decided to take him so as to end his sadness and stop him backsliding

3 atheist kills someone? its the spirit of the devil that worked on him

a Christian kills someone while claiming god told him so? god knows best, maybe that person god told him to kill would've detonated a nuclear bomb in the future and god decided to save the situation

4 an atheist dies a violent death? that's what happens to those that don't believe in my god

a Christian dies a violent death? we are all going to die someday, I'm glad he died knowing Jesus

I could write over a thousand more examples

it seems every atheist "deserves" whatever misfortune befalls him and other atheists should be expecting a life of misfortunes but becomes a different ball game when one points out same or worse misfortunes that's happened to Christians

Religion does have degenerative effect on the brain

37 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by randomperson: 10:08am On Dec 11, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

One thing that amazes me about theists especially Christians is the speed at which they interpret misfortunes that happen to atheists as their god showing his power, anger and telling atheists to repent from their "sinful ways"

Consider this, they talked of how Marilyn Monroe's death weeks after allegedly telling someone that "I don't need your Jesus" as sign of their god's power but when you now point to the plane crash that killed Myles Munroe and his wife (a Christian on his way to preach the gospel) you'll see them run around in circles by claiming God knows best or some other self defeating logic

Look at the thread on this church incident that hit front-page yesterday and see for yourself how Christians were blaming the engineers and construction workers for the building collapse while exonerating their imaginary Jewish folklore friend of all blames

If this however happened in an atheist meeting and the place caves in, these Christians would be very quick to point to that happening as god showing his power and getting angry at us, they wouldn't dare blame any engineering or construction fault even if it were obvious the fault comes from them

"This wouldn't have happened" many Christians would say "if they believed in my god"

1 atheist graduate couldn't get a job? move closer to Jesus, he has all the answers

Christian couldn't get a job? God is testing your faith in him, his time is the best

Christian died of acute depression? god decided to take him so as to end his sadness and stop him backsliding

a Christian kills someone while claiming god told him so? god knows best, maybe that person god told him to kill would've detonated a nuclear bomb in the future and god decided to save the situation

4 an atheist dies a violent death? that's what happens to those that don't believe in my god

a Christian dies a violent death? we are all going to die someday, I'm glad he died knowing Jesus

it seems every atheist "deserves" whatever misfortune befalls him and other atheists should be expecting a life of misfortunes but becomes a different ball game when one points out same or worse misfortunes that's happened to Christians

It's really saddening the hypocrisy that Christians manifest... Another dimension of this is events that are obviously not influenced by humans. For example, a woman gives birth to a beautiful bouncing baby boy, then God is good. A woman gives birth to a child with down syndrome, it might be a test or they must have sinned. A couple give birth to twins, god is awesome. But where the twins are conjoined at the head, u guess is as good as mine... And when human doctors fix the mistakes of God, they say praise god not minding that those twins will probably have brain issues for the rest of their lives...

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by OgundeleT(m): 10:10am On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:

go and read what psalm 91 say first before you reply me again

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by adedayoa2(f): 11:08am On Dec 11, 2016
seunmsg:

You need to make this clarification to the families of the over 100 people that lost their lives yesterday while worshipping him.
They are not the first to have lost their people. I have also lost someone at a point in my life, and even if I die today or anytime it doesn't change the fact that God is God.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by seunmsg(m): 11:25am On Dec 11, 2016
adedayoa2:
They are not the first to have lost their people. I have also lost someone at a point in my life, and even if I die today or anytime it doesn't change the fact that God is God.

I think my post is clear enough. I am angry and outraged because of the humanity in me about how over 100 people lost their lives needlessly while worshipping a supposed powerful holy spirit who looked away and did nothing to save his worshippers while on the other hand, you are more concerned about clarifying between god and God. lt is obvious we hold separate values for human lives.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 1:05pm On Dec 11, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

And the sad Irony is not over yet.

Look out for prayer vigils and services for the unfortunate dead in the same town .

Those who survived the horror will be doing Thanksgiving services and ceremonies, and sowing seeds to prevent misfortunes.
It's an irrational, very funny vicious cycle.

Imagine god as an insurance company who bails out when it's time redeem to a paid-for policy.

In real life, he would be branded a fraud.
But in fantasy life, praise be to him.
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by skeendyke: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
randomperson:

So god never promised to protect his people in the bible... Do u even read your bible at all?

Yes, God's promise of protection still stands. So many times, the people of God have received and still receive His protection with or without knowledge of it. However, Jesus let His people know that they would suffer and face persecutions if they want to follow Him. In the Word of God, we see Stephen being stoned to death. He looked up into the heavens and saw the Almighty Father with Jesus at His right hand, breathed a prayer of forgiveness to his killers and died. He died serving God. We also see the Apostle Paul who knowing his execution was at hand wrote to Timothy telling him not to forget the things he had being taught from youth and that he had fought the good fight of faith and was ready to die. You well know Apostle Paul was imprisoned and killed during the reign of Emperor Nero. However, if you read the book of Acts and the letters of Paul to the churches you will never ignore the fact that he was a man who had being through the eye of the storm and faced death more than twice. God's protection was evident in Apostle Paul's life but then that did not keep Paul, Peter, Stephen, Timothy, Matthew, and thousands of other disciples of Jesus Christ from facing gruesome deaths. They all died serving God or on their way to preach the Word of God. How are they different from Dr. Myles Munroe or the worshipers who died in a church from bomb explosion by ISIS, or from those who died recently in Reigner's church?

God is very well able to keep His people from tragedy till they die from old age but that He never promises to keep them from facing trials and persecutions. He never promised that all would come out of trials alive. Some live to tell about it, some don't.

What He does promise is eternal life which is far far better than living 1000 years of long life on earth. God's major aim is not long physical life although He blesses many of His people with that. His aim is eternal life so that His people may spend eternity with Him. That is what God is after. You see why it is of utmost necessity that you give your lives to Christ now without delay because you never can tell when death comes knocking. If everyone knew, nobody would die young or unexpectedly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by skeendyke: 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The church is supposed to be the dwelling place of the Most High.

If the people of God who are the dwelling place of God are still subject to unexpected death, what makes a building more important than the people of God?

Where is it written that the church is the dwelling place of the Almighty Father?
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by skeendyke: 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2016
OgundeleT:

go and read what psalm 91 say first before you reply me again

How does Psalm 91 apply to the crucifixion, execution and martyr of the disciples of Jesus from the time after the death of Jesus to our present age?
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Ranchhoddas: 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:

If the people of God who are the dwelling place of God are still subject to unexpected death, what makes a building more important than the people of God?

Where is it written that the church is the dwelling place of the Almighty Father?
SMH

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Ranchhoddas: 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:

Yes, God's promise of protection still stands. So many times, the people of God have received and still receive His protection with or without knowledge of it. However, Jesus let His people know that they would suffer and face persecutions if they want to follow Him. In the Word of God, we see Stephen being stoned to death. He looked up into the heavens and saw the Almighty Father with Jesus at His right hand, breathed a prayer of forgiveness to his killers and died. He died serving God. We also see the Apostle Paul who knowing his execution was at hand wrote to Timothy telling him not to forget the things he had being taught from youth and that he had fought the good fight of faith and was ready to die. You well know Apostle Paul was imprisoned and killed during the reign of Emperor Nero. However, if you read the book of Acts and the letters of Paul to the churches you will never ignore the fact that he was a man who had being through the eye of the storm and faced death more than twice. God's protection was evident in Apostle Paul's life but then that did not keep Paul, Peter, Stephen, Timothy, Matthew, and thousands of other disciples of Jesus Christ from facing gruesome deaths. They all died serving God or on their way to preach the Word of God. How are they different from Dr. Myles Munroe or the worshipers who died in a church from bomb explosion by ISIS, or from those who died recently in Reigner's church?

God is very well able to keep His people from tragedy till they die from old age but that He never promises to keep them from facing trials and persecutions. He never promised that all would come out of trials alive. Some live to tell about it, some don't.

What He does promise is eternal life which is far far better than living 1000 years of long life on earth. God's major aim is not long physical life although He blesses many of His people with that. His aim is eternal life so that His people may spend eternity with Him. That is what God is after. You see why it is of utmost necessity that you give your lives to Christ now without delay because you never can tell when death comes knocking. If everyone knew, nobody would die young or unexpectedly.
So if a building falls on your head as a result of your pastor's corner-cutting greed, it's persecution abi? You are irredeemably zombiefied!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by uzoexcel(m): 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2016
Plaetton longest time

plaetton:

What I know is that the Lord, who is omnipresent( in case you forgot), is always the first ( according to people like you) to escape tragedies.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by hopefulLandlord: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
So if a building falls on your head as a result of your pastor's corner-cutting greed, it's persecution abi? You are irredeemably zombiefied!

I tire for these deluded Christians o
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Jman06(m): 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2016
adedayoa2:
There is nothing like God!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by OgundeleT(m): 2:21pm On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:

How does Psalm 91 apply to the crucifixion, execution and martyr of the disciples of Jesus from the time after the death of Jesus to our present age?
martyrs and these people differ. martyrs were killed but these people died because of human failure. u are the one to tell me why xtian cant still trample on snakes like ur god promise u in psalms

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheism Is An Act Of Ignorance , True Of False Or ? / "If You Do Not Use Jewelry, You Will Go To Hell " - Apostle Johnson Suleman / If Nigerian Churches Were Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.