Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,883 members, 7,806,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) (39516 Views)

Poll: And the sole ticket goes to?

Nigeria: 70% (39 votes)
Tunisia: 29% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match / Kenya Vs Nigeria - W-C Qualifier - (0 - 1) On 5th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 8:43am On Nov 13, 2009
This will be a  weekend to remember. . .No Retreat, No Surrender- As Eagles Go For Victory

Rewind back some years and picture the Abuja stadium. As Nigeria were busy thrashing their opponent, our main rival in the group Angola, secured the necessary point to secure their passage and the sole ticket in the group to the WC Finals in Germany.

After 3 years, we are in a likely scenario and again depending and hoping that other result's will go our way (Something that failed to happen the last time). But what makes it even harder to achieve is the feeling that the current group of players and coach understand little about the task at hand.

A win in not enough as Tunisia must drop points against Mozambique but as The Legendary JJ Okocha rightly advised, all we have to do is concentrate on our own match something he himself experienced back in 2002.

Players already in camp: Nwankwo Kanu, Vincent Enyeama, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Obafemi Martins, Bamidele Aiyenugba and Greg Etafia.

Defenders Taye Taiwo, Dele Adeleye, Onyekachi Apam, Elderson Echiejile, Joseph Yobo, Obinna Nwaneri and Chidi Odiah;

Midfielders Yusuf Ayila, Seyi Olofinjana, Mikel Obi, Olufemi Ajilore, Kalu Uche and Osaze Odemwingie, as well as forwards Joseph Akpala, Michael Eneramo and Obinna Nsofor.

Many are convinced that the boys will not make it but some of us still believe in miracles because in reality, they need nothing short of that. It ain't no magic but a very BIG possibility at least for the sake of players like Osaze Odemwingie, Vincent Enyeama and Chidi Odiah! This may be their very last chance.

Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by countdown2: 8:45am On Nov 13, 2009
FBS, these guys nor go qualify. tongue grin
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 8:46am On Nov 13, 2009
countdown2:

FBS, these guys nor go qualify. tongue grin
Ok I don hear! and what if they do?  angry
Can I revoke your Barca membership as punishment?  tongue cheesy
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by countdown2: 8:58am On Nov 13, 2009
FBS:

Ok I don hear! and what if they do?  angry
Can I revoke your Barca membership as punishment?  tongue cheesy

Lol, for wetin? It aint like I dnt want them to, but watching those Under-22 tongue yesterday impressed me alot, and I said to myself, why cnt those super turkey's play like this. Ok i reverse the case, them go qualify. grin
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 9:04am On Nov 13, 2009
countdown2:

Lol, for wetin? It aint like I dnt want them to, but watching those Under-22 tongue yesterday impressed me alot, and I said to myself, why cnt those super turkey's play like this. Ok i reverse the case, them go qualify. grin
They have impressed everyone except those who cannot see past this "age" thing.
For me sha, I will be rooting for the SE and if they mess up, they should just shift them Golden Eaglets to the African Nations Cup.

But no wahala. You can have your barca membership back. grin
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2009
Nigerian Corner: Let’s Pay Mozambique A Million Dollars To Beat Tunisia
Goal.com's Samm Audu is in his green and white Nigerian shirt, armed with a plastic Vuvuzela and hoping and praying that the Super Eagles can qualify for next year's World Cup on Saturday. And he wants to know why the NFF don't offer to pay Mozambique a cool million to beat Tunisia?

Today, I write not as some objective, unbiased reporter, but as a die-hard Nigerian football fan.

Nigeria is the Giant of Africa, the most populous black nation in the world. A proud nation with over 250 tribes, customs and languages.

The discovery of oil in June 1956 was supposed to catapult our country to an era of prosperity. But rather than a boom, it has been doom for 140 million Nigerians; most of whom live on less than $2 a day.

But though our tongues may differ, football has been a great unifying factor. Yorubas, Hausas, Igbos, Muslims and Christians, men and women, the poor and the rich got together as one when we won our first Africa Cup of Nations in 1980 on home soil.

We celebrated as one big happy family when a bunch of unheralded youngsters made history in China in 1985 as the first African team to win a FIFA competition.

And when we again made another piece of African football history at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, it was again as one that we cheered our epic victory over Argentina that early August morning.

On Thursday the nations' team reached the final of the FIFA Under-17 World Cup, which we are hosting and also defending as champions, you would have thought that we had won the World Cup already.

The talk today is that Nigeria is a failed state. Nothing works. More and more companies are shutting down; the economy is almost grinding to a halt with an escalating rate of unemployment and insecurity everywhere.

Only recently, a giant banking scam was exposed, and we have all seen that for some of our super-rich compatriots, if you want to rob a bank, you only have to own one.

It is, therefore, not surprising that we love our football and also why we are a very religious people.

Both football and religion offer us hope. The national sport has been the ticket out of the gutter for hundreds of Nigerian homes. It is an escape, taking us away from our normal day worries, even if it is for just 90 minutes.

As long as you are alive, you cannot help but be hopeful. Hopeful that all your money worries will soon disappear, hopeful that the public power supply will be regular and not a luxury that it is now, hopeful that your children's education will not be disrupted for months on end by teacher strikes.

After all, a man without hope is a man with nothing.

The people's game in Nigeria has been in a comatosed state for a long time now. We crashed out of the 2002 World Cup, yet a section of media preferred to glorify this shame. And four years ago, we even missed the flight to the World Cup in Germany.

On Saturday, we will again be on the edges of our seats, but we will be praying for a miracle that the Super Eagles will qualify ahead of Tunisia for next year's World Cup.

There are even some among us who wish the contrary. Some believe that if we fail to again qualify for the World Cup, there will be a clean sweep of the NFF and more competent professionals will be brought in to salvage whatever is left of our game.

Some of these armchair critics, desperado's and hustlers pray for failure because they also want to get a piece of the action at the Glass House. In a country where unemployment is at an all-time high, it is not hard to see why some people wish to shoot down others so that they can take over.

I am against these people not because I believe in the NFF (they have just bungled the travel plans of the team to Kenya), but because, in a country of stolen votes and rights, failure only leads to more failures. The Glass House is only a sad reflection of the larger Nigerian society, a jungle where anything goes.

God forbid that we do not qualify for the 2010 World Cup, which will take place on African soil for the very first time ever.

I hold on to the hope of a miracle on Saturday, while also offering the idea that it would not be such a bad idea if we were to pay Mozambique to beat Tunisia for us. A handsome million dollar bonus would do just nicely. After all, the Presidential Task Force raised hundreds of millions to ensure World Cup qualification, and so the cash cannot be an issue. - oh dear! shocked

And how else did the Ivory Coast go out of their way to thrash Mali for us to sneak into the quarter-finals of the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations in Ghana, when all seemed lost?

Samm Audu, Goal.com

http://goal.com/en/news/1647/wcq-2010-africa/2009/11/13/1621846/nigerian-corner-lets-pay-mozambique-a-million-dollars-to
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by kaypumpin2(m): 10:22am On Nov 13, 2009
FBS,

The thread should read Kenya vs Nigeria since the match is taking place in Nairobi  wink

Plus can someone confirm if the match in Moz will be playin simultaneuosly with ours?
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 10:23am On Nov 13, 2009
^^^
Yep I know, was just trying to be patriotic. You know the deal na! hehehe! grin
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by andyty(m): 10:25am On Nov 13, 2009
I pray for result to favour our Super Eagles tomorrow so that they can be at the world cup.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by tkb417(m): 10:25am On Nov 13, 2009
FBS i think u shld change is to Kenya vs Nigeria
was a bit confused
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 10:26am On Nov 13, 2009
tkb417:

FBS i think u shld change is to Kenya vs Nigeria
was a bit confused
@tkb417. I have.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by otokx(m): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2009
Anything can happen in football they say but I'm not convinced about this particular one.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by 9ijaprince(m): 11:18am On Nov 13, 2009
Has TBJ said anything?
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 11:34am On Nov 13, 2009
Ol boy, It will be HOT this weekend!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by khanye(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2009
Kenya 4 - Nigeria 2 grin
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by sayso: 11:47am On Nov 13, 2009
because Nigeria cheated with those over aged players in the on-going under 17 tournament,they will never go to South Africa 2010,this is what you get from cheating kids.
KENYA 2
NIGERIA 1
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Johnnoo(m): 11:56am On Nov 13, 2009
Mozambique need hold the tunis at 2a goaless draw. its there that nigeria beating kenyans will make sense . . .
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Clairette(f): 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2009
Kenya 0 Nigeria 3.

Its gonna be a bigger chockprise for lossers who are beefing on us. Up 9ja 3

Mosambique 2 --Tunisia 0
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Nezan(m): 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2009
My God help us to qualify . . . we now depend on prayers.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2009
Indeed!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Pharoh: 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2009
TBJ said we should pray so lets pray they win the match and Tunisia should loose.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by 700john: 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2009
@ Pharoh, How on planet earth could you be praying for Tunisian's down fall? Naija should play their game very well and leave the rest to God!
i beg tell dem.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by MrCrackles(m): 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2009
I hope Nigerian fans have bought loads of bucket
It will be tears galore tomorrow. . .  cool
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2009
MrCrackles:

I hope Nigerian fans have bought loads of buckets
It will be tears galore tomorrow. . . cool

And if they make it through nko? Yo go chop ya remote? tongue
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by MrTA(m): 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2009
I hope Nigerian fans have bought loads of buckets
It will be tears galore tomorrow. . . Cool

I bind you with the blood of jesus. grin
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by chidyke77(m): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2009
I wish them success bt i dnt see them qualifyin cos tunisia is likely to win Moz.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by toideve(m): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2009
can Nigeria beat kenya at home? either way i hope the outcome favour us
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2009
I really dont care about this bunch. AM patriotic oh but in a situation where the Coach seems prepared to fail, why invite an injured Mikel and leave better healthier players out. What kind of Man is dat? From the begining he really did has been painfully annoying and arrogant. God has consoled me with Eaglets
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Kx: 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2009
Nigeria dont deserve to be there by virtue of dia lack of seriousness.
But there is something about favor.
Let trhe most favored and d better team qualify for the good of d game
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Maxidoe(m): 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2009
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey wonderful so some people still think we wud be in SA,its possible anyway,but i hope we dont cos we really dont deserve to be there,Tunisia have worked really hard, and they honestly deserve to be there, and they wud do much better than Nigeria would in the world cup.Here are reasons i dont want us to qualify but with my apology to Osaze cos he may never play in a world cup.

1.Cos we dont have a team and a coach,a fat frog can do better than Amodu

2.It wud be another opportunity for the thieves in the glass house to eat money

3.Amodu would think he is good coach,so i need him to quit fooling himself.

4.Cos i dont want some Nigerians to get heart attack during the competition

5.Cos we would only go and disgrace ourself and the Africa.

For those of you taking solace in golden eaglets,i feel for you big time,30 year and above are playing games meant for 17 year old and younger yet you are praising them, so sad,some are saying we should overlook the age,doing that would be the greatest injustice to the development of our football,thats one of the major reason our football is dead,its really so sad and painful we are going to win the competition.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Olaolufred(m): 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2009
As a Nigerian, I want us to be in S.A
I am facing a beat of anxiety cos of this make or mar scenario.
I pray God to hear the prayers of 140million Nigerians and give us this ticket.
Eagles can't do it, Amodu doesn't know it,
But Only God can.
God pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, help us.
Cos so many Nigerians are already running temperature.
God, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Olaolufred(m): 2:35pm On Nov 13, 2009
I know by the time i cry so hard,
God will answer.
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood, answer by fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Taye Tawo Celebrates 12th Wedding Anniversary / I Can’t Sleep – Liverpool Goalkeeper Karius / The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.