Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,323 members, 7,780,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:40 PM

Which Tank Will Be Full First? - Forum Games (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Which Tank Will Be Full First? (60799 Views)

Which Tank Will Fill Up First (photo) / Which tank will fill up first? / Which Tank Gets Filled First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by ngmgeek(m): 12:20am On Jan 03, 2017
How much did they pay you for this question. Tell us first cheesy
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by akanbiaa(m): 12:22am On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by obailala(m): 12:26am On Jan 03, 2017
Bigsteveg:
The third tank. If the third tank isn't full, the fourth tank can't fill up
EWAagoyin:
yes it the 3rd one but this how u all fails examinations how will answer such question without backing it up with explanations
anyways.....
Solution:
the 3rd will first gets filled up because 1 and 2 doesn't need force to distribute water to next tanks but some amount of force is needed for number 3 to distribute to number 4 because of the way the pipe that connects both of them is, hence number 3 needs to first get filled up then weight of the quantity of water inside number 3 will be the force to make water passes to the upward pipe down to number 4 .... once number 3 reaches half filled up distribution will definitely begins to number 4 but the more the distribution the force needed from 3 to supply number 4 but at the end 3 definitely needs to be filled up before 4 then 2 and lastly 1 which brings us to =3,4,2,1

It depends on what you guys refer to as FULL from the image. By the word 'FULL', do you mean 95% or do you mean 100% (i.e. full to the brim)?

From the image, the water would start sipping into Tank 4 once Tank 3 is about 95% full. Consequently, Tank 3 can only rise above 95% (to get to 100%) after its level has equalized with Tank 4.

So in summary, the answer to the question is that 3 & 4 would get filled to the brim (100%) at the same time. The only exception to this simple physical law above is if the liquid in question isnt ordinary water but rather some higher viscosity liquid. Strange why almost everyone on this thread sees it differently.

5 Likes

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by OuchDaddy(m): 12:28am On Jan 03, 2017
OuchDaddy:
Tank 3 will Fill first.. Tank 4 won't get any water.. The water will suspend in the pipe.. This is because its coming from the depth of tank 3. While tank 3 will be filled cus its receiving from tank 2 which is above it in height.. When tank 3 is filled to the level of water flow from tank 2.. The water then moves to tank 4, and will keep moving till 4 finally fills then 3 completes its filling then 2 and then 1..Simple science. grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by ladyF(f): 12:28am On Jan 03, 2017
phemsie:

Lady F must be a chemical engineer, its transport phenomena theory CHG 301

I want to tell you if you're right or wrong but ermmm.... grin
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by efeteb: 12:31am On Jan 03, 2017
Pressure at the same depth is equal across that depth. 3 fills until it get to the inlet of 4 then both fill up simultaneously until 4 is full then 3 will now allow 2 to fill up before 1. So the sequence is 4321
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 03, 2017
Adabass:
3 nd 4 will fill at d Same tym

the only correct answer I've seen so far. Have people not heard the saying water will always find it's level? 3 cannot fill without overflowing to 4 and 4 cannot fill without overflowing to 3. Once both have passed the level of the connector the water pressure will continually equalize and they will both rise in unison.

4 Likes

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by obailala(m): 12:36am On Jan 03, 2017
efeteb:
Pressure at the same depth is equal across that depth. 3 fills until it get to the inlet of 4 then both fill up simultaneously until 4 is full then 3 will now allow 2 to fill up before 1. So the sequence is 4321
Absolutely!... 3&4 rise in unison and fill at same time.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by maxzzo1(m): 12:37am On Jan 03, 2017
Tank 1
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 03, 2017
ladyF:
My answer is tank 3.

Tank 1 can't get filled up because it keeps losing water to tank 2.

Tank 2 can't get filled up because it keeps losing water to tank 3.

Tank 3 can only start filling up tank 4 once it gets sufficient volume/pressure to push water up that height to tank 4. So it's going to get filled up before tank 4 does.

Hope ayam not an olodo o. Oya clap for LadyF.

It's LadyF again grin grin grin

wrong answer
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by sonety2k(m): 12:46am On Jan 03, 2017
Tank - No 4
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by chronique(m): 12:46am On Jan 03, 2017
You got it right. Although, at some point, both will fill up same time.
ladyF:
My answer is tank 3.

Tank 3 can only start filling up tank 4 once it gets sufficient volume/pressure to push water up that height to tank 4. So it's going to get filled up before tank 4 does.

1 Like

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 03, 2017
Rapmoney:
The 3rd tank. Don't ask me why.

Mean while, I can't find 'Edit Profile' on Nairaland again. Abeg, make una check well. Abi na only me dey observe am?

Seun and the mods, who stole the 'Edit Profile' nah? I wan change signature...my Urhobo girlfriend say I must use her name as siggy through out 2017. Me sef no wan disobey because she dey take ukwuani weed dey do salad and to break bottle na one of her hobbies! angry

True that @ bolded. Seun and lalasticlala, please you guys should do something about this. Graçias

1 Like

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by chiwex(m): 12:55am On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by adimsmt: 12:56am On Jan 03, 2017
dipopooo:
Let's go

4TH
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 03, 2017
Tank 3 and 4 will conjure the velocity of the pipe to make the ejàculation of the agilinti.. Then the water will evaporate to venus, leaving some gorimapas in tank 2 and 1.. So therefore the answer is tank 3 and 4..

1 Like

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by stanleykoko: 1:18am On Jan 03, 2017
SafeDavid:
Tank 1

Protegesol the scammer!

1 Like

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by mrpackager(m): 1:31am On Jan 03, 2017
3 and 4 at the same time

note: water does not necessarily need to fill *3* to the brim before entering 4*

a practical analysis will be good tho*......
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by deiikonac(m): 1:32am On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Burgerlomo: 1:39am On Jan 03, 2017
3rd
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 1:46am On Jan 03, 2017
3 will be filled first, because you need high pressure on tank 3 and that can only be produced by high volume of the fluid in 3 in order to fill tank 4.

1 Like

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by aphixiano(m): 2:05am On Jan 03, 2017
Pls y'all should open your eyes clearly so that you can trace it all back to Tank 1

1 Like

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Pearly255(f): 2:09am On Jan 03, 2017
The third tank!
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 03, 2017
dipopooo:
Let's go
3, obviously
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by exolve(m): 2:40am On Jan 03, 2017
Tank 1 get filled first because all other tanks will stop moving up when they get to the pipe.
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by October1960: 2:42am On Jan 03, 2017
It's LadyF again. Smart gal.

ladyF:
My answer is tank 3.

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by jimenyo: 2:50am On Jan 03, 2017
The 3rd container, of course!
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by iluvpomo(m): 2:58am On Jan 03, 2017
Wow, this is a good one OP
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by cyber5(m): 3:19am On Jan 03, 2017
EWAagoyin:
yes it the 3rd one but this how u all fails examinations how will answer such question without backing it up with explanations
anyways.....
Solution:
the 3rd will first gets filled up because 1 and 2 doesn't need force to distribute water to next tanks but some amount of force is needed for number 3 to distribute to number 4 because of the way the pipe that connects both of them is, hence number 3 needs to first get filled up then weight of the quantity of water inside number 3 will be the force to make water passes to the upward pipe down to number 4 .... once number 3 reaches half filled up distribution will definitely begins to number 4 but the more the distribution the force needed from 3 to supply number 4 but at the end 3 definitely needs to be filled up before 4 then 2 and lastly 1 which brings us to =3,4,2,1

Oya! scientist
Wa sere! cheesy
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by malakus(m): 4:14am On Jan 03, 2017
4th
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by kzubyar(m): 4:40am On Jan 03, 2017
dipopooo:
Let's go
4 tank
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 03, 2017
Tank 3.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Pointless Thread Game.. / Ask A Question, Get A Wrong Answer! / Form Words: By Adding An Alphabet Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.