Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness (15243 Views)

Amaechi Responsible For Dividing APC - Magnus Abe / APC Sweeps Rivers South-east, Magnus Abe Likely To Return To Senate - The Cable / Voting Holds Inside Magnus Abe's Compound - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by kahal29: 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
ACCEPTANCE SPEECH BY SENATOR- ELECT OF RIVERS SOUTH EAST SENATORIAL DISTRICT, MAGNUS NGEI ABE

First is to say that this has been a titanic struggle; it has been a very difficult two years for Rivers people and for all of us.

My victory in this election is a reward for faithfulness. I have been faithful to my party, the All Progressives Congress (APC). I have been faithful to my people, the people of the Rivers South East Senatorial District and I have been faithful to my leaders and I think God in his infinite mercies has rewarded me with this unprecedented victory. There is no victor, no vanquish.

I want to thank my friend and brother, Distinguished Senator Olaka Nwogu for his very kind and peaceful words, which he has expressed to the people of this state.

I also want to use this opportunity to extend a hand of friendship to the executive Governor of Rivers State, Barrister Nyesom Wike and to say to him that he had promised that there was nothing personal in this contest and he has said that if I win he will congratulate me. The only barometer for measuring success in an election in this country is the declaration by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the commission has declared me the winner, I want to call on the governor to keep his words and send me his letter and words of congratulation because I have won.

I want to also say that Rivers State has suffered enough and that it is time for us to bring this contest to an end.

I want to thank my leaders, President Muhammadu Buhari, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, my wife, my family and most importantly, the people of Rivers South East Senatorial District. You have spoken and you have spoken loud and clear. We should respect your views. We should work together to make this district a better place for Nigerians to live.

I want to thank my colleagues in the Senate for their kind words, friendship and support and I look forward to joining them in the red chamber as soon as possible.

Thank you and God bless.

https://www.thecable.ng/magnus-abe-victory-reward-faithfulness

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/217633-rivers-rerun-results-live-updates.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2016
That's cool

1 Like

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by agabusta: 10:32pm On Dec 11, 2016
Smart intelligent dude. Very cool headed. We need more of these kinds of politicians from Rivers state and not loud mouthed touts.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by Akshow: 7:26am On Dec 12, 2016
Ok
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by aveiro(m): 7:26am On Dec 12, 2016
good for him
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by opalu: 7:27am On Dec 12, 2016
Great
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by guchen: 7:27am On Dec 12, 2016
agabusta:
Smart intelligent dude. Very cool headed. We need more of these kinds of politicians from Rivers state and not loud mouthed touts.
very correct. Let's put sentiment apart. Faithfulness truly pays.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by sakalisis(m): 7:27am On Dec 12, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by sammyj: 7:30am On Dec 12, 2016
Faith after the bloody election. Gid will reward everybody according to the work of their hands!!! sad cool

1 Like

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by djlawex02(m): 7:30am On Dec 12, 2016
I Hope You Reward Your People With Accountability.
Meanwhile Atiku2019

2 Likes

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by martineverest(m): 7:30am On Dec 12, 2016
unlike agbero wike

4 Likes

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by kurt09(m): 7:31am On Dec 12, 2016
kahal29:
ACCEPTANCE SPEECH BY SENATOR- ELECT OF RIVERS SOUTH EAST SENATORIAL DISTRICT, MAGNUS NGEI ABE
First is to say that this has been a titanic struggle; it has been a very difficult two years for Rivers people and for all of us.
My victory in this election is a reward for faithfulness. I have been faithful to my party, the All Progressives Congress (APC). I have been faithful to my people, the people of the Rivers South East Senatorial District and I have been faithful to my leaders and I think God in his infinite mercies has rewarded me with this unprecedented victory. There is no victor, no vanquish.
I want to thank my friend and brother, Distinguished Senator Olaka Nwogu for his very kind and peaceful words, which he has expressed to the people of this state.
I also want to use this opportunity to extend a hand of friendship to the executive Governor of Rivers State, Barrister Nyesom Wike and to say to him that he had promised that there was nothing personal in this contest and he has said that if I win he will congratulate me. The only barometer for measuring success in an election in this country is the declaration by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the commission has declared me the winner, I want to call on the governor to keep his words and send me his letter and words of congratulation because I have won.
I want to also say that Rivers State has suffered enough and that it is time for us to bring this contest to an end.
I want to thank my leaders, President Muhammadu Buhari, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, my wife, my family and most importantly, the people of Rivers South East Senatorial District. You have spoken and you have spoken loud and clear. We should respect your views. We should work together to make this district a better place for Nigerians to live.
I want to thank my colleagues in the Senate for their kind words, friendship and support and I look forward to joining them in the red chamber as soon as possible.
Thank you and God bless.
https://www.thecable.ng/magnus-abe-victory-reward-faithfulness
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/217633-rivers-rerun-results-live-updates.html
Ok
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by seunlayi(m): 7:33am On Dec 12, 2016
faithfulness to who? Stop telling lies jor

4 Likes

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by Thisis2raw(m): 7:34am On Dec 12, 2016
Now you will really taste the anguish of Wike
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by blazetitov: 7:35am On Dec 12, 2016
Shameful rerun. A DSP and his orderly were beheaded just because of elections. Only God knows the type of barbaric animals dwelling in that state. Free and fair election is only possible when the contestants and their followers make up their minds to behave like rational human beings. #riversofblood

1 Like

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by lailo: 7:36am On Dec 12, 2016
I hear say na APC win all d polls?LIKE me if I mumu pass u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by CallMeNJay: 7:38am On Dec 12, 2016
Results for Andoni L.G.A yet to be declared and we already have a winner .

#ReRun Indeed
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by QuotaSystem: 7:38am On Dec 12, 2016
Congratulations for a well deserved victory.
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by Kylexy3000(m): 7:39am On Dec 12, 2016
We knew wah you did nau..."faithfulness pays off" hmmmm
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by feodan: 7:40am On Dec 12, 2016
APC DID IT ALL 4 U
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by NairaMaster1(m): 7:44am On Dec 12, 2016
Faithfulness to God or Amaechi?

2 Likes

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by alsudaes1(m): 7:44am On Dec 12, 2016
Faithfulness
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by QuotaSystem: 7:45am On Dec 12, 2016
FreeGlobe:

wike is still winning, PDP is still winning.. tongue tongue

Mujaheeeden:
PDP is leading in Rivers boy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by dinachi(m): 7:49am On Dec 12, 2016
I am really worried at the tone of this speech. Magnus will betray Amaechi. It is very clear to me now why Amaechi went for Dakuku. The speech spent more space cozying up to Wike and Olaka Wogu. Magnus will fight Amaechi later. Do you Imagine a PDP senator elect in Rivers waving an Olive branch to Amaechi. That is the equivalent of what Magnus has done.
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 12, 2016
Congratulations
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by sammhi(m): 7:54am On Dec 12, 2016
Sincerely , people like this man are the creators of atheist . After killing innocent people just to win a political position and massive rigging , he comes around to say thank you to God .Chai!!
Only an insane mind would take such a man serious. Why was the election not free and fair ?
That shows someone knows he will loose . It is a shame really ! I really agree with Prof Soyinka .. it is sickening to know you share same country with murderers , morons and imbeciles.
Amaechi and his goon , Abe are just plain cold blooded murderers aided by the Aso rock occupant
This is reminiscent of OBJ 's PDP 2003 -2008 where it is win at all cost . Do or die politics. It is a shame

3 Likes

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 12, 2016
CallMeNJay:
Results for Andoni L.G.A yet to be declared and we already have a winner .

#ReRun Indeed

Stop wailing on nairaland, you can go to court. This time it will be difficult bribing all the judges

5 Likes

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by kayzat: 7:55am On Dec 12, 2016
dinachi:
I am really worried at the tone of this speech. Magnus will betray Amaechi. It is very clear to me now why Amaechi went for Dakuku. The speech spent more space cozying up to Wike and Olaka Wogu. Magnus will fight Amaechi later. Do you Imagine a PDP senator elect in Rivers waving an Olive branch to Amaechi. That is the equivalent of what Magnus has done.

You guys are pathetic . That speech followed the acceptable standard or did you expect him to still be attacking his opponents who just lost the plot to him

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2016
sammhi:
Sincerely , people like this man are the creators of atheist . After killing innocent people just to win a political position and massive rigging , he comes around to say thank you to God .Chai!!
Only an insane mind would take such a man serious. Why was the election not free and fair ?
That shows someone knows he will loose . It is a shame really ! I really agree with Prof Soyinka .. it is sickening to know you share same country with murderers , morons and imbeciles.
Amaechi and his goon , Abe are just plain cold blooded murderers aided by the Aso rock occupant
This is reminiscent of OBJ 's PDP 2003 -2008 where it is win at all cost . Do or die politics. It is a shame

Where did you see him kill anybody? You stay there in Lagos, never being to Rivers state, believe what some half-educated teenagers wrote on nairaland on behalf of pdp. It appears you are one of the wailers! Stop wailing bro, even the ineffectual buffoon has already moved on!

4 Likes

Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:00am On Dec 12, 2016
dinachi:
Abe Is preparing for 2019 governorship. Beside, politicians are never enemies irrespective of present election drama
Re: Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness by yjgm(m): 8:02am On Dec 12, 2016
Magnus Abe, you did well by recognizing the structure as well as the people that made it a reality. As for the Wike thing, be careful with a python. It may swallow you some day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: President Buhari Visits Zamfara / Uzoka-Anite Explains Why Government Prefers Imported Vehicles / 'No Plan To Ban Sports Betting': Bill Is To Protect Players' Rights - Nwogu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.