Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767524 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ehmbeey:

how do i contact them to knw if it has been sent or not?
From the website you will get their contact details.
If someone help you with the admission,you can ask the person to go verify for you.
Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
I got my visa. am greatful to wip , godson and others for their contributions.
pls I need list of little items to come with and food stuffs
lastly I plan to connect Istanbul via emirate airline and from atartuk airport Istanbul to ercan via Turkish airline, all is one way ticket. won't I have issues connecting ercan airport via turkish airline one way ticket.
Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
lexycool01:
lastly I plan to connect Istanbul via emirate airline and from atartuk airport Istanbul to ercan via Turkish airline, all is one way ticket. won't I have issues connecting ercan airport via turkish airline one way ticket.
Thanks

Congrats..no issue with one way at ercan or Istanbul ..
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 2:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
wip7:

Congrats..no issue with one way at ercan or Istanbul ..
Gud day sir,thank you for all the help you hav rendered to every person on this forum.
I hav a freind who wants to apply 4 architecture in emu,he has the following in his waec result
maths:c5,english:b3,civiv edu:c4,computer:d7,geography:c5,chemistry:c5,physics:c5,technical drawing:c5. He wants to know if he will be eligble 4 the 75% scholarship or the 50%?....tank u
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
Sagogo99:
Gud day sir,thank you for all the help you hav rendered to every person on this forum.
I hav a freind who wants to apply 4 architecture in emu,he has the following in his waec result
maths:c5,english:b3,civiv edu:c4,computer:d7,geography:c5,chemistry:c5,physics:c5,technical drawing:c5. He wants to know if he will be eligble 4 the 75% scholarship or the 50%?....tank u

Emu does not offer 75% scholarship. Only 25 and 50% for now. Also, from his result he can be awarded 50%.
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 7:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
wip7:

Emu does not offer 75% scholarship. Only 25 and 50% for now. Also, from his result he can be awarded 50%.
Thank you sir. l have some questions. Sorry for the disturbance.
1. Can l or is it adivisable to stay in nicosia and come everyday to recieve lectures at EMUbecause l have a relative who has an apartment in nicosia and studies at NEU
2. Does the free bus service of EMU run to and from nicosia daily??
Your answer's will be highly appreciated and will help me alot in planning
thank you
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
Sagogo99:

Thank you sir. l have some questions. Sorry for the disturbance.
1. Can l or is it adivisable to stay in nicosia and come everyday to recieve lectures at EMUbecause l have a relative who has an apartment in nicosia and studies at NEU

Yes, you can live in Nicosia and come to Magusa (EMU) all time you have lectures but there is timing for bus services and it cost you around 15 TL round trips daily. You may not come to school all day except on your lecture days. I have known many that do that if it wont be stressful for you though... most Cypriot lives in Nicosia and study at EMU.

2. Does the free bus service of EMU run to and from nicosia daily?? Your answer's will be highly appreciated and will help me alot in planning thank you

No...EMU bus services are limited to Magusa (EMU region)..you will pay for buses fom Nicosia to Magusa or you can buy a car also!
Re: North Cyprus by Botton121: 6:29am On Feb 12, 2016
lexycool01:
Thanks
pls how many weeks/month travel health insurance did u do? And which company?
Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 6:45am On Feb 12, 2016
Botton121:

7 days insurance. just go to IGI insurance company near u, it cost 2800naira
Re: North Cyprus by Ehmbeey(m): 11:08am On Feb 12, 2016
lexycool01:

@lexycool, 7 daez insurance? does dat means dat u wil travel within d nxt 7 daez?
Re: North Cyprus by Ehmbeey(m): 11:09am On Feb 12, 2016
Botton121:

wich skul ar u processing? ciu or emu?
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2016
wip7:

Yes, you can live in Nicosia and come to Magusa (EMU) all time you have lectures but there is timing for bus services and it cost you around 15 TL round trips daily. You may not come to school all day except on your lecture days. I have known many that do that if it wont be stressful for you though... most Cypriot lives in Nicosia and study at EMU.

No...EMU bus services are limited to Magusa (EMU region)..you will pay for buses fom Nicosia to Magusa or you can buy a car also!
thank you sir.
Sorry for the disturbance. I hav some more questions.
1. I am thinking of studying at NEU rather than EMU (due to some reasons). I want to ask if you know when l can start admission application at NEU for interior design??
2. Can l finish the interior design at NEU in 3yrs(with summer classes)??
3. Am l eligble for the 75% or 50% scolarship at NEU with a waec result of 6c's and 1b??
4. Does EMU accept a bachelor's degree in interior DESIGN from NEU for a Master's in interior ARCHITECTURE??
Thank you very very much.
#JAHBLESS#
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
Sagogo99:

thank you sir.

1. I am thinking of studying at NEU rather than EMU (due to some reasons). I want to ask if you know when l can start admission application at NEU for interior design??

Anytime from March ending.

Its possible.

3. Am l eligble for the 75% or 50% scolarship at NEU with a waec result of 6c's and 1b??

I dont know about NEU scholarship criteria...you have to email the University on this.

4. Does EMU accept a bachelor's degree in interior DESIGN from NEU for a Master's in interior ARCHITECTURE??
#JAHBLESS#

Yes, when you graduate with CGPA 2.5/4.0 and above, you will be admitted.
Re: North Cyprus by tejiri294: 6:43pm On Feb 12, 2016
Bosses please i know this may sound really odd, but please can anyone who applied at EMU show me a sample of how they wrote COURSE DESCRIPTION ON THEIR APPLICATION PAGE?
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 7:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
Sagogo99:

thank you sir.
#JAHBLESS#
every international student gets a 50% scholarship to study @NEU except for medical students.
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 8:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
godsong:
every international student gets a 50% scholarship to study @NEU except for medical students.
Thank you sir. l have a few questions abt NEU.
1. After paying the tuition fees and other's are there still other expenses at NEU i.e books,textbooks,study materials e.t.c and how much can one budget for that??
2. How much can l get a fully furnished cheap 1bedroom apartment in nicosia very close to NEU??
3. How much do u advice l budget for utility bills per month??
Thank you very much
Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
Ehmbeey:

@lexycool, 7 daez insurance? does dat means dat u wil travel within d nxt 7 daez?
make the insurance date start form ur proposed travel date shaken

I am leaving within seven days
Re: North Cyprus by Botton121: 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2016
Ehmbeey:

wich skul ar u processing? ciu or emu?
EUL. Lefke
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 11:19am On Feb 13, 2016
Sagogo99:
Thank you sir. l have a few questions abt NEU.
1. After paying the tuition fees and other's are there still other expenses at NEU i.e books,textbooks,study materials e.t.c and how much can one budget for that??
2. How much can l get a fully furnished cheap 1bedroom apartment in nicosia very close to NEU??
3. How much do u advice l budget for utility bills per month??
Thank you very much
social activity fee €100, if you check my previous post you will get all the details about housing here in Lefkosia.its cheaper to share a flat than get a one bedroom, normally utility bill are btw 100-180tl that's about 10k a month it could be cheaper depending on how you use electricity, washing machine etc. that will be shared by the occupants of that flat.
If you get a 3bedroom and share with two other people your bill will be an average of 100pounds a month.
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 1:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
godsong:
social activity fee €100, if you check my previous post you will get all the details about housing here in Lefkosia.its cheaper to share a flat than get a one bedroom, normally utility bill are btw 100-180tl that's about 10k a month it could be cheaper depending on how you use electricity, washing machine etc. that will be shared by the occupants of that flat.
If you get a 3bedroom and share with two other people your bill will be an average of 100pounds a month.
thank you very much.
#jahbless
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
Sagogo99:

thank you very much.
#jahbless
you are welcome
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 8:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
Gud day all the BOSSES in th house. I want to ask some questions about banking in NC.
1. When in north cyprus can l withdraw money(turkish lira,euro,pounds) from ny naira account by using my mastercard?? i.e can l withdraw the equivilant of 5thousand naira in euro's from my naira account using my mastercard or can l only withdraw from a domicilary account with my mastercard ?
2. If i can withdraw the equivalent from my naira account, does it convert the equivalent at the official bank rate or black market rate??i.e if l want to withdraw 1 euro frm naira acct using my mastercard(when in NC), will it give me the 1 euro at the offical back rate( which is 1euro=226naira) or at the black market rate(1euro=350naira)??
3. Can a freind or relative in NC (which l trust) help me pay the fees at NEU?? And if he can how do l get the money to him??
Sorry about the length of the question,no be my fault na naija government and their new policy,dey talk say students no fit longer get FOREX at CBN/official bank rate.
Your answer's will be highly appreciated in this my time of distress.
#jahbless
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 1:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
Sagogo99:
[color=#990000][/color]
Gud day all the BOSSES in th house. I want to ask some questions about banking in NC.
1. When in north cyprus can l withdraw money(turkish lira,euro,pounds) from ny naira account by using my mastercard?? i.e can l withdraw the equivilant of 5thousand naira in euro's from my naira account using my mastercard or can l only withdraw from a domicilary account with my mastercard ?
2. If i can withdraw the equivalent from my naira account, does it convert the equivalent at the official bank rate or black market rate??i.e if l want to withdraw 1 euro frm naira acct using my mastercard(when in NC), will it give me the 1 euro at the offical back rate( which is 1euro=226naira) or at the black market rate(1euro=350naira)??
3. Can a freind or relative in NC (which l trust) help me pay the fees at NEU?? And if he can how do l get the money to him??
Sorry about the length of the question,no be my fault na naija government and their new policy,dey talk say students no fit longer get FOREX at CBN/official bank rate.
Your answer's will be highly appreciated in this my time of distress.
#jahbless
pay your fees using the form A and you can withdraw with your naira master card in any currency depending on the ATM machine.. Withdrawing is slightly higher than cbn rate plus cards have limits per month.
It's adviceable to get like 3 ATM cards to triple your limit.
Re: North Cyprus by Ehmbeey(m): 2:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
pls is d NIN necessary for visa application?
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 12:26pm On Feb 16, 2016
lexycool01:

make the insurance date start form ur proposed travel date shaken

I am leaving within seven days

Safe trip in advance, bro.
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 6:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
wip7:

Good day sir, thanks for the assistance always, i just did my health insurance at Royal exchange , the guy that did it put schengen in the country of destination, am a bit curious if turkey is under schengen and i hope there wont be a problem. my interview is 22nd of feb. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:54pm On Feb 16, 2016
jidoex66:

Good day sir, thanks for the assistance always, i just did my health insurance at Royal exchange , the guy that did it put schengen in the country of destination, am a bit curious if turkey is under schengen and i hope there wont be a problem. my interview is 22nd of feb. Thanks

That's won't be an issue for u...actually I don't really see the need for this health insurance since most travelers spend just one day or two in turkey.
Re: North Cyprus by farouqumar7: 10:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
@ wip 7 I hope u are fine pls I paid my tuition fees stated on my admission letter and email the copy of money transfer receipt to Registrar@emu.edu.tr I want u to help me confirm if they have receive the payment and pls help me follow up so that I get the confirmation letter this week thank u may God continue to bless u here is my application number U1513824 thanks wait for ur reply ASAP
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 11:11pm On Feb 16, 2016
wip7:

That's won't be an issue for u...actually I don't really see the need for this health insurance since most travelers spend just one day or two in turkey.
thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2016
farouqumar7:
@ wip 7 I hope u are fine pls I paid my tuition fees stated on my admission letter and email the copy of money transfer receipt to Registrar@emu.edu.tr I want u to help me confirm if they have receive the payment and pls help me follow up so that I get the confirmation letter this week thank u may God continue to bless u here is my application number U1513824 thanks wait for ur reply ASAP

I checked with the accounting office; your payment has not reflected, as soon as it reflects, your confirmation letter will be sent you, and next list goes to the embassy after 20th.
Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
lexycool01:

I did mine yesterday at royal exchange, but the destination on it was schengen and not turkey, will this be acceptable at the embassy and was yours carrying turkey. thanks
Re: North Cyprus by kcbentley: 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
wip7:

I checked with the accounting office; your payment has not reflected, as soon as it reflects, your confirmation letter will be sent you, and next list goes to the embassy after 20th.
Best wishes!

Sir wip good day ..
pls sir wip sorry for disturbance pls if one wants to go to Germany from North cyprus how do one go about it cause just confused causw i hardly see ppl dat go on tourist visa wil one b given even if one apply for tourist visa pls i await your response.....tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.