Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:35 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (762800 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by maestrojay(m): 8:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
deejay102:
Hi guys,

Please how do I get the yellow fever card.? I read its at Ministry of Health, Port health office before Airport.. Can someone confirm this please and the current amount to secure it.

I dont know whats up with emirates oo. Its asking for credit card details to reserve ticket. Please help.

I got mine in ministry of health (Federal Secretariat- ground floor)..carry ur int'l passport along.. paid for some vaccines, cant remember exactly how much... It shuld be around 3-5k.. pls carry more, just incase.. Goodluck
Re: North Cyprus by Damsonkc(m): 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
Please is there anyone coming from Eastern Nigeria, Asaba, or Lagos that could help me get two pairs of glasses and some Nigerian spices? I'd like a small amount of Cameroon pepper and crayfish and some dry fish. I am tired of chicken and and these green pepper with no hotness. I could give you the money to get them yourself in case you are worried of carrying something from someone you do not know. Thanks. And should you need any assistance, you can ask me or the almighty Wip7 who was of great help to me this time last year before I got to Cyprus. Also using this medium to say thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by deejay102: 10:28am On Jan 08, 2018
maestrojay:

I got mine in ministry of health (Federal Secretariat- ground floor)..carry ur int'l passport along.. paid for some vaccines, cant remember exactly how much... It shuld be around 3-5k.. pls carry more, just incase.. Goodluck

Thanks. What's the address of this ministry of health(Federal secretariat)..? Is it at Ikoyi? I'll be glad of you can reply within the hour as I am in Ikoyi right now.
Re: North Cyprus by eben1991: 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2018
Are you going to EMU?
deejay102:

Thanks. What's the address of this ministry of health(Federal secretariat)..? Is it at Ikoyi? I'll be glad of you can reply within the hour as I am in Ikoyi right now.
Re: North Cyprus by deejay102: 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
eben1991:
Are you going to EMU?

No bro
Re: North Cyprus by eben1991: 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2018
OK, but how do I reach you?
deejay102:

No bro
Re: North Cyprus by maestrojay(m): 12:02am On Jan 09, 2018
deejay102:

Im talking of Abj oo (Fed Sec).. sorry for the late reply tho..
Re: North Cyprus by RooneyAdmission(m): 6:52am On Jan 09, 2018
Get your 50% scholarships to FIU NEU CIU, +905338773995. Bsc Msc Phd still ongoing now. A chat will give clear your details. Direct school rep here. Only interested applicants admissions comes out within 2 days. Guaranteed ��
Re: North Cyprus by deejay102: 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2018
maestrojay:

Im talking of Abj oo (Fed Sec).. sorry for the late reply tho..

I figured.. As fed sec Lagos is an abandoned building
Re: North Cyprus by deejay102: 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
eben1991:
OK, but how do I reach you?

I come here more than three times daily.. You can reach me here.
Re: North Cyprus by eben1991: 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2018
lol..
have you been able to get the vaccine card?
if yes, where and how much?

deejay102:

I come here more than three times daily.. You can reach me here.
Re: North Cyprus by deejay102: 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2018
eben1991:
lol..
have you been able to get the vaccine card?
if yes, where and how much?

Yes I have. I got it at Port health services, International Airport Tollgate for 1k. Go with your international passport and a copy of it.( can be madr at the hospital gate for 100 too)

The building is by your left when coming in.
Re: North Cyprus by eben1991: 9:25am On Jan 10, 2018
Hospital gate at MMA too? Can I call you sir?
deejay102:

Yes I have. I got it at Port health services, International Airport Tollgate for 1k. Go with your international passport and a copy of it.( can be madr at the hospital gate for 100 too)

The building is by your left when coming in.
Re: North Cyprus by deejay102: 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2018
eben1991:
Hospital gate at MMA too? Can I call you sir?

OK..Send your number or paste your email here. I will get in touch.

However what I meant was that, you can make photocopies at the Port Health Services Gate or just make one from home and you will be fine. Go before 4pm so those women wont ask you for tips.

Once you are at Airport bustop, there are cabs right there that will take you to Port health Services. Just say you are going to where you will get Yellow fever card. You cant miss it
Re: North Cyprus by eben1991: 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
deejay102:

OK..Send your number or paste your email here. I will get in touch.

However what I meant was that, you can make photocopies at the Port Health Services Gate or just make one from home and you will be fine. Go before 4pm so those women wont ask you for tips.

Once you are at Airport bustop, there are cabs right there that will take you to Port health Services. Just say you are going to where you will get Yellow fever card. You cant miss it
Re: North Cyprus by edunwanna: 7:39am On Jan 11, 2018
All of us who intend to travel and study in Cyprus must read this: https://www.nairaland.com/1902723/reasons-not-go-north-cyprus

But I really want the students there to confirm if its true or not, cos I also got admission, planning to go there.
But if its true, then...

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by deejay102: 9:52am On Jan 11, 2018
Although the post was from 2014, some people posted on it this year.

I refuse to believe anyone with genuine intentions of schooling who is financially prepared will have problems. I however will like the guys that just got there last year to PLEASE update us TRUTHFULLY on what's going on there. Me don pay deposit already o. No going back!
Re: North Cyprus by maestrojay(m): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2018
Truth is.. if u are financially prepared.. you wunt have problems here... The pple are friendly and nice

Buh many Nigerians come here to hustle, thinking that they can work menial jobs here and pay up school fees.. which is practically impossible..

The city is cool, i'm enjoying it, meeting alot of Nigerians here.. There's no country in the world dat u wuldnt meet challenges...
So its all about perspectives... While some pple are hating buhari, some other are loving and enjoying him.. Dats life.. always be prepared to face whatever decision u make..

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Damsonkc(m): 12:44am On Jan 12, 2018
If you are financially prepared and you come to North Cyprus to STUDY, you will have zero problems here. Some of the people are nice while some are just not nice. It isn’t because you are black but because they have their own demons. You are rarely colour conscious on the island because Africans are plenty here. You can live anywhere and drive any car and no one stops you, although I was denied accommodation at a particular house because the owner didn’t want blacks. It is rare though and I heard that some Nigerians he gave apartment to made it difficult for him. Some of them are very greedy though, I cannot mince words. But majority of them are nice.
Re: North Cyprus by tbaby534(f): 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2018
Damsonkc:
If you are financially prepared and you come to North Cyprus to STUDY, you will have zero problems here. Some of the people are nice while some are just not nice. It isn’t because you are black but because they have their own demons. You are rarely colour conscious on the island because Africans are plenty here. You can live anywhere and drive any car and no one stops you, although I was denied accommodation at a particular house because the owner didn’t want blacks. It is rare though and I heard that some Nigerians he gave apartment to made it difficult for him. Some of them are very greedy though, I cannot mince words. But majority of them are nice.

It is a common thing for landlords to reject blacks, even the Arabs are now being rejected too all because of stereotype. The best way to convince them is by paying 3months minimum in advance. With the way rents are increasing , they may not have a choice than to rent to arabs and blacks, because an average Turk will not pay more than 500£ for a house.
Racism is real here but it is down played, if you don't search for it, you will not see it.
Re: North Cyprus by Damsonkc(m): 1:27am On Jan 13, 2018
tbaby534:

It is a common thing for landlords to reject blacks, even the Arabs are now being rejected too all because of stereotype. The best way to convince them is by paying 3months minimum in advance. With the way rents are increasing , they may not have a choice than to rent to arabs and blacks, because an average Turk will not pay more than 500£ for a house.
Racism is real here but it is down played, if you don't search for it, you will not see it.

I am guessing you live in Lefkosia or Girne where 3-month rents are acceptable. In Magusa, the minimum is 6. A friend got evicted in Lefkosia because his white friend rented out his house to him but the landlord didn’t want any blacks. Another friend had same experience in Girne. I was rejected in Magusa too. But it isn’t prevalent here.
Re: North Cyprus by deejay102: 4:54pm On Jan 13, 2018
Hello guys

Abeg how do I do this reservation thing. For every site I try it always ask for credit card details. I have tried emirates and egypt. Anyone with experience please?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2018
deejay102:
Hello guys

Abeg how do I do this reservation thing. For every site I try it always ask for credit card details. I have tried emirates and egypt. Anyone with experience please?

Send me your passport page copy: tentative date of travel and state if is return or one way.

I will use my Turkish flight elite CC card to do the reservation for you.
Re: North Cyprus by deejay102: 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2018
wip7:

Send me your passport page copy: tentative date of travel and state if is return or one way.

I will use my Turkish flight elite CC card to do the reservation for you.

Thank you very much. I have sent it.
Please ignore that "state" part. I didn't concentrate there lol
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2018
deejay102:

Thank you very much. I have sent it.
Please ignore that "state" part. I didn't concentrate there lol

I did the booking for you and sent to your email. Check your email address!

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by deejay102: 9:04pm On Jan 13, 2018
wip7:

Best wishes!

Received with many thanks.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by negglitz: 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2018
Please i want to confirm if its compulsory to book a flight reservation before visa application or not?
Re: North Cyprus by bhanjjie: 5:03pm On Jan 15, 2018
Goo evening house,

I graduated from EMU in 2014 and currently need to obtain a police clearance certificate from the police. Any guidance on how to do that?
Re: North Cyprus by deejay102: 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
If its Nigerian police report. Go to Alagbon CFID, Ikoyi with your passport and a passport photo. Costs between 6k and 8k depending on your negotiating power. Takes 1 hour or less. You cant get it anywhere else.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:25am On Jan 16, 2018
bhanjjie:
Goo evening house,

I graduated from EMU in 2014 and currently need to obtain a police clearance certificate from the police. Any guidance on how to do that?

Very unfortunate, you have to physically be present in Cyprus before you can obtain it. I have tried for one of my friends recently even used the influence of the former head police of magusa but they claimed the applicant documents has been sent to Turkish embassy in Abuja, meanwhile Turkish embassy has no records of such. In summary, early last year was possible to obtain in proxy but now you can't unless you are in Cyprus.

Meanwhile, recently one of my master students also away from Cyprus had the same issue for her Canadian immigration. She submitted the application letter sent to the police with refusal for them to issue it. She got after her ADR, that background check complete and appears the embassy handling her case do retrieve some info from mainland Turkey.

Anyway, you can also try with your old friend in Cyprus to help you confirm may be they had changed the rule last nite!
Re: North Cyprus by ike121: 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2018
Scholarships will be granted by Near East University to all Postgraduate Programs for 2017-2018 Spring Term
Deadline for applications is 11th of February, 2018; results will be announced on 15th of February,2018.

Applications for International Students:

Applications and required documents should be submitted through scholar@neu.edu.tr with the reference sign “ISOSH-2018S”.

Applications for Turkish and Turkish Cypriot students:

Applications and required documents should be submitted through burs@neu.edu.tr with the reference sign “ISOSH-2018S”

Required Documents for Master Application:

Copy of undergraduate diploma&transcript
Application Form
Copy of passport
2 reference letters
2 passport size photos
ALES result (for Turkish students only)

Required Documents for Ph.D. Application:

Copy of Undergraduate diploma&transcript
Copy of Master diploma&transcript
Copy of passport
2 Passport size photos
2 reference letters
CV
Application form
ALES result (for Turkish students only)
**For Important Information About 2017-2018 Spring NEU Postgraduate Scholarships, please check provided the link below:

http://aday.neu.edu.tr/…/important-information-about-2017…/…
Re: North Cyprus by stevebent(m): 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
wip7:

Best wishes!
Pls are bachelor certificates issues by North Cyprus universities recognized in Europe and America if I wanna transfer to Europe or America or go for masters there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (356)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.