Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767189 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:24am On Oct 30, 2019
Anazp:
PLEASE SIR STILL AT ISTANBUL THEY WONT ALLOW

I have called your university (GAU) since 1 hr no response. Do you apply yourself or through an agent pls contact your agent. If directly yourself pls call them non-stop and send emails. Early today I was able to speak to them and she asked for your name and details which I don’t know. Please follow up with them with emails and call try this +90392650-2000 (9 for English).

First which airport are you ? Istanbul airport or Sabiha airport and which airline you are flying to Ercan ?
Re: North Cyprus by Shams08: 9:27am On Oct 30, 2019
Anazp:
PLEASE SIR STILL AT ISTANBUL THEY WONT ALLOW

are your documents authenticated? You should ask questions as to why they do not want you to board. Have you been able to get your school to call them?
Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 9:34am On Oct 30, 2019
wip7:

I have called your university (GAU) since 1 hr no response. Do you apply yourself or through an agent pls contact your agent. If directly yourself pls call them non-stop and send emails. Early today I was able to speak to them and she asked for your name and details which I don’t know. Please follow up with them with emails and call try this +90392650-2000 (9 for English).

First which airport are you ? Istanbul airport or Sabiha airport and which airline you are flying to Ercan ?
ISTANBUL AIRPORT. PLEASE HELP. I ASKED THEM FOR THEIR NUMBER HERE AT THE AIRPORT SO THAT THE SCHOOL CAN CALL THEM
THEY REFUSED. I APPLIED DIRECTLY. THEY SAY THEY WANT TO SEND ME BACK TO NIGERIA. I AM FLYING WITH TURKISH AIRLINES TO ERCAN
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:41am On Oct 30, 2019
Anazp:
ISTANBUL AIRPORT. PLEASE HELP. I ASKED THEM FOR THEIR NUMBER HERE AT THE AIRPORT SO THAT THE SCHOOL CAN CALL THEM
THEY REFUSED. I APPLIED DIRECTLY. THEY SAY THEY WANT TO SEND ME BACK TO NIGERIA. I AM FLYING WITH TURKISH AIRLINES TO ERCAN

Call your university to speak with Turkish airline, give your university your ticket number they can speak with the local airline office in Cyprus to intervene.

Nothing I can do because I work at EMU...unless your university intervene. I had sent screenshots of your case to GAU registrar office and was able to speak with one person at theor international office briefly today but insisted you should call them to give full details. You can follow with that No up there.

I have a 4 class to teach now... I will check here for updates later!

Best wishes
Re: North Cyprus by Shams08: 10:21am On Oct 30, 2019
Shams08:

What exactly is the reason why you are not allowed to board?
Re: North Cyprus by Shams08: 10:24am On Oct 30, 2019
Shams08:

What exactly is the reason why you are not allowed to board?
are your documents authenticated? You should ask questions as to why they do not want you to board. Have you been able to get your school to call them?
Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 11:23am On Oct 30, 2019
Shams08:

YES I HAVE MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER AND IVE PAID MY FEES
Re: North Cyprus by Shams08: 11:25am On Oct 30, 2019
Anazp:
YES I HAVE MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER AND IVE PAID MY FEES

Are they saying you are not supposed to use ok to board or that your school hasn't sent your details?
Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 11:40am On Oct 30, 2019
Shams08:

Are they saying you are not supposed to use ok to board or that your school hasn't sent your details?
IM USING OK TO BOARD. MY SCHOOL SAUD THEY HAVE EMAILED THE AIRLINE WITH MY DETAILS. I EVEN GAVE THEM THE SCHOOL DETAILS BUT THEY REFUSED TO CONTACT THE SCHOOL. THEY ARE HOLDING MY PASSPORT.
Re: North Cyprus by Shams08: 11:50am On Oct 30, 2019
Anazp:
IM USING OK TO BOARD. MY SCHOOL SAUD THEY HAVE EMAILED THE AIRLINE WITH MY DETAILS. I EVEN GAVE THEM THE SCHOOL DETAILS BUT THEY REFUSED TO CONTACT THE SCHOOL. THEY ARE HOLDING MY PASSPORT.

The school isn't supposed to email the airline only, they are supposed to send your details to the officials at the port of entry. Tell GAU admission office to do that
Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 11:56am On Oct 30, 2019
Shams08:

The school isn't supposed to email the airline only, they are supposed to send your details to the officials at the port of entry. Tell GAU admission office to do that
OK I HAVE TOLD THEM TO DO SO. THEY HAVE BEEN EMAILED SEVERALLY. IM STILL HERE HELD AT ISTANBUL AIRPORT. MR THANK GOD PROCESSED MY ASMISSION TO GIRNE BUT THIS MR THANK GOD OKPEZUNE HAS REFUSED TO RESPOND EVER SINCE I PAID MY ACCEPTANCE FEE. PLEASE HELP IN ANYWAY YOU CAN.
Re: North Cyprus by Shams08: 12:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anazp:
OK I HAVE TOLD THEM TO DO SO. THEY HAVE BEEN EMAILED SEVERALLY. IM STILL HERE HELD AT ISTANBUL AIRPORT. MR THANK GOD PROCESSED MY ASMISSION TO GIRNE BUT THIS MR THANK GOD OKPEZUNE HAS REFUSED TO RESPOND EVER SINCE I PAID MY ACCEPTANCE FEE. PLEASE HELP IN ANYWAY YOU CAN.

Please ask them the reason why they won't let you board and inquire about what you need to do.
Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2019
Shams08:

Please ask them the reason why they won't let you board and inquire about what you need to do.
THEY ARE SAYING THE SCHOOL SHOULD CONTACT THEM. I TOLD THEM TO CONTACT THE SCHOOL BUT THEY REFUSED
Re: North Cyprus by Shams08: 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anazp:
THEY ARE SAYING THE SCHOOL SHOULD CONTACT THEM. I TOLD THEM TO CONTACT THE SCHOOL BUT THEY REFUSED

Send your details and credentials to my email
Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 1:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
Shams08:

Send your details and credentials to my email
PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL HERE AS I CANT ACCESS MY EMAIL
Re: North Cyprus by Shams08: 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anazp:
PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL HERE AS I CANT ACCESS MY EMAIL

Check my signature, i can't share email here
Re: North Cyprus by neoeverest(m): 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
What is your situation now? Are you still at the airport?
Anazp:
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:15am On Oct 31, 2019
neoeverest:
What is your situation now? Are you still at the airport?

Actually I followed up with the school and my contacts with the Turkish airline this morning. The school sent his details to immigration, however, his OK-to-board is fake or Never confirmed by the airline. Who knows who did OKTB for him (sad).
So the airline does not have his documents on their systems either give approval for his onward flight.

Also, I was made to understand he has an agent, which I expected such person to follow up on his behalf. GAU tried to help anyway and sent all his details to immigration as I was informed.
Re: North Cyprus by neoeverest(m): 9:58am On Oct 31, 2019
This is really serious. I hope they let him fly
wip7:

Actually I followed up with the school and my contacts with the Turkish airline this morning. Te school sent his details to immigration, however, his [b] OK-to-board is fake or Never confirmed by the airline[\b]. Who knows who did OKTB for him (sad).
So the airline does not have his documents on their systems neither give an approval for his onward flight.

Also, I was made to understand he has an agent, which I expected such person to follow up on his behalf. GAU tried to help anyway and sent all his details to immigration has I was informed.

Re: North Cyprus by jimzy4u(m): 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hello Prof,

I am actually interested in applying for PhD in Physics at EMU. Do I need to contact a potential supervisor before application? What is the tuition fee like for a PhD programme?.

Thanks in advance.

wip7:

Actually I followed up with the school and my contacts with the Turkish airline this morning. The school sent his details to immigration, however, his OK-to-board is fake or Never confirmed by the airline. Who knows who did OKTB for him (sad).
So the airline does not have his documents on their systems either give approval for his onward flight.

Also, I was made to understand he has an agent, which I expected such person to follow up on his behalf. GAU tried to help anyway and sent all his details to immigration as I was informed.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:08am On Nov 01, 2019
jimzy4u:

Hello Prof,

I am actually interested in applying for PhD in Physics at EMU. Do I need to contact a potential supervisor before application? What is the tuition fee like for a PhD programme?.

Thanks in advance.

Wow that’s so nice. There lots of great guys at physics, if you are mathematically sound I will prefer you work with the chair of the Department is my good friend and also chair of my Department.

You don’t need to consult any of them to be admitted, in case you will be needing teaching assistantship, you may consult with your cv and signify interest.

If you are ready to study at emu, you may send me your complete documents for admission purpose.

Total fee for the PhD is around 9500$, you will only need to pay about 2500$ initially. If you are lucky each semester there are slots for research assistant position, if you get the full time you won’t pay fees again and you get salary now it’s around 4500TL (~286k Naira) salary monthly. If you get a part-time teaching assistant you get half salary and pay half fees.

Also, at EMU, we get paid by EMU AND Turkish governments for each publication we made. So the more research publication the more you get paid. If you are research-oriented you will recoup all the money you pay, for me when I was doing my PhD I got back all my money.

Take note, research assistant position is not automatic, usually slots are opened each semester and it’s competitive, applicants will need to write an exam to be selected and the candidate with the highest score in that exam get selected.

But any EMU student or staff will get paid for publication irrespective.

Ensure you have the financial muscle at least to pay for 5-7 courses before coming, the cost up there excludes accommodation or living expenses.

Also, we can apply for conference funding that are given by EMU to attend conference any part of the world. For academic staffs we don’t have limit for students you can take twice till you graduate and you can Bebe funded upto 1800$ per trip.

Another very important is Turkish government funding for project, there is a Project fund call TUBITAK, all universities in Cyprus can benefit and anybody can apply for this. It’s opened twice a year. Your project must be sound and ready to solve challenges Nationally and international-wise.

In 2015 (my research designed a magnetic resins that can recover valuable material from the Mediterranean Sea which is useful for agriculture and allied industries) I got this funding under EMU, and you can now be funded up to 720,000 TL (~45 million naira) per year and can apply to be funded for 3 years maximum. I am applying again this year. All details of these are on Turkish government website.

Best wishes!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by Shams08: 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2019
wip7:

Wow that’s so nice. There lots of great guys at physics, if you are mathematically sound I will prefer you work with the chair of the Department is my good friend and also chair of my Department.

You don’t need to consult any of them to be admitted, in case you will be needing teaching assistantship, you may consult with your cv and signify interest.

If you are ready to study at emu, you may send me your complete documents for admission purpose.

Total fee for the PhD is around 9500$, you will only need to pay about 2500$ initially. If you are lucky each semester there are slots for research assistant position, if you get the full time you won’t pay fees again and you get salary now it’s around 4500TL (~286k Naira) salary monthly. If you get a part-time teaching assistant you get half salary and pay half fees.

Also, at EMU, we get paid by EMU AND Turkish governments for each publication we made. So the more research publication the more you get paid. If you are research-oriented you will recoup all the money you pay, for me when I was doing my PhD I got back all my money.

Take note, research assistant position is not automatic, usually slots are opened each semester and it’s competitive, applicants will need to write an exam to be selected and the candidate with the highest score in that exam get selected.

But any EMU student or staff will get paid for publication irrespective.

Ensure you have the financial muscle at least to pay for 5-7 courses before coming, the cost up there excludes accommodation or living expenses.

Best wishes!

Please, does it work like this in other universities in Cyprus like NEU & GAU?
Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
wip7:

Good day
to resume in Jan.

Good day

They sent me back to naija saying I don't have an original waec cert. Actually what I took along was a confirmation of results from waec not  a certificate. The original cert got lost in transit. Waec is saying they can only provide a new one in six months which will be March since I applied in Sept. The school says I'm to resume in Jan. Please what can I do? Help me

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
Anazp:
Good day

They sent me back to naija saying I don't have an original waec cert. Actually what I took along was a confirmation of results from waec not  a certificate. The original cert got lost in transit. Waec is saying they can only provide a new one in six months which will be March since I applied in Sept. The school says I'm to resume in Jan. Please what can I do? Help me

Your problem started with your Ok-to-board it’s not real (your result and details were not on the airline system, then they suspected you are not genuine that’s why they queried your documents and you)

Get a new acceptance letter for January early, apply for visa early. Go to your high school get your high school endorsed result on your high school letter head, signed and stamp. Get a confirmation of result stamped and signed from WEAC.

This way you will be fine .....

Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
wip7:

Your problem started with your Ok-to-board it’s not real (your result and details were not on the airline system, then they suspected you are not genuine that’s why they queried your documents and you)

Get a new acceptance letter for January early, apply for visa early. Go to your high school get your high school endorsed result on your high school letter head, signed and stamp. Get a confirmation of result stamped and signed from WEAC.

Best wishes!
good day. thank you for your reply. the school sent me an official email detailing the reasons. they said the issue was the waec certificate was not the original one. I took along a confirmation of results which they said is not acceptable to them and the immigration vat Ercan. the same ok to board done by the same company was done for my three friend and they are now in school in TRNC . they arrived yesterday.
Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2019
wip7:

Best wishes!
I have the confirmation signed and stamped by WAEC. the issue started from the school. they did not release my acceptance letter until after almost 4 weeks of me paying my acceptance deposit. I sent in countless emails and called severally yet they never gave a response. by the time the acceptance letter came the embassy had stopped collecting applications for the transit Visa and I had no choice than the ok to board.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2019
Shams08:

Please, does it work like this in other universities in Cyprus like NEU & GAU?

No GAU does not pay you when you publish an article although they have a research assistant position.

NEU pay if you publish but am uncertain if they pay students but they pay academic staff and also have research assistant position.

However, Turkish government pay anybody irrespective of the university in Cyprus per publication and they even pay up to 15,000 TL (~950k naira) per paper....If you are in Cyprus studying and have research paper I can show you how to get this money.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2019
Anazp:
I have the confirmation signed and stamped by WAEC. the issue started from the school. they did not release my acceptance letter until after almost 4 weeks of me paying my acceptance deposit. I sent in countless emails and called severally yet they never gave a response. by the time the acceptance letter came the embassy had stopped collecting applications for the transit Visa and I had no choice than the ok to board.

Get the high school result sign and stamped, support it with your WEAC confirmation. Get a new acceptance letter and apply early for visa.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Shams08: 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
wip7:

No GAU does not pay you when you publish an article although they have a research assistant position.

NEU pay if you publish but am uncertain if they pay students but they pay academic staff and also have research assistant position.

However, Turkish government pay anybody irrespective of the university in Cyprus per publication and they even pay up to 15,000 TL (~950k naira) per paper....If you are in Cyprus studying and have research paper I can show you how to get this money.

Please tell me more about how to get research assistant position in NEU and the process of getting your article published.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:34am On Nov 02, 2019
Shams08:

Please tell me more about how to get research assistant position in NEU and the process of getting your article published.

You will need to contact NEU for application procedure for research or teaching assistant position....as I know it’s usually for those that are already admitted and studying at NEU.

Are you in NEU or Cyprus already? Have you done any research and written the manuscript?
Re: North Cyprus by Shams08: 8:03am On Nov 02, 2019
wip7:

You will need to contact NEU for application procedure for research or teaching assistant position....as I know it’s usually for those that are already admitted and studying at NEU.

Are you in NEU or Cyprus already? Have you done any research and written the manuscript?

NEU, just started PhD (political science & International relations) yet to commence article or thesis
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2019
Shams08:

NEU, just started PhD (political science & International relations) yet to commence article or thesis

That’s nice, I wish you the very best in your PhD.. anytime you publish an article in a reputable journal in Cyprus kindly hint me to guide you in getting paid by Turkish government.

You can find useful and valuable contributions I have provided here for PhD students/candidates on how to publish in reputable journals and how to know fake journals and ways to search for journals

https://www.nairaland.com/2044554/thread-phd-students/59

Best wishes

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.