Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (766532 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by uptimum123(m): 12:55am On Feb 18, 2020
wip7:

For public universities in Turkey, you either present YOS or SAT result. If you have completed a year, you may wish to transfer rather than starting afresh, most of the public universities do allow transfer.

There are few issues with the public universities in Turkey.
1. there is quota system for number of foreign students admitted per program per semester sometimes just 5, so having good grades in either YOS or SAT may be helpful. So this quota limits the admission to foreign students that’s is why many goes to private universities in Turkey which is more expensive.

2. Many of the public universities offer undergraduate programs in Turkish language that’s why many students attend private universities that offers in English but more expensive.

Anyway, you can contact which ever university you wish to enroll in Turkey and ask them these specific questions, they will provide you answers specific to their universities.

Thanks...is the chance of getting admitted higher if going by transfer
Re: North Cyprus by Everythingyou(f): 6:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
thankfulsoul:
Plus gurus in the house,Mr Wip7 and the elders here, pls I wish to make some enquiry. I have managed to raise like 1.5million. I will be able to pay for my school fees for masters, but I read that the job situation over there is bad. So I want to know if there's any better chance for a masters student to get job. I am at cross road between north Cyprus and UAE. I have been to UAE before; they have low paying job with long working hours. Is it easy to move to European countries after masters in TRNC. Thanks

Don't come to NORTH CYPRUS if you don't have any means of income. Use the money to set up a business in Nigeria. There's no job here. The only job you can do here is if you become an agent too or if you into (Gee). Don't be deceived. A lot have dropped out after second semester. A lot freezed their studies . The only people are enjoying here people who have a means of income. Though most people think it's a lie until they get here too and see for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Nasty40: 10:17am On Feb 19, 2020
Please I need advice.
My brother went to North Cyprus yesterday with students Visa but he's been heard at the airport since because he had a number of our cousin who is studying in South Cyprus.
Even the school he gained the admission has been to the immigration office in North Cyprus but there are yet to release him
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:42am On Feb 19, 2020
Nasty40:
Please I need advice.
My brother went to North Cyprus yesterday with students Visa but he's been heard at the airport since [b]because he had a number of our cousin [/b]who is studying in South Cyprus.
Even the school he gained the admission has been to the immigration office in North Cyprus but there are yet to release him

Sorry for your brother, I hope its get sorted asap.

But from personal experience, I don't think the immigration just will hold him because he has a phone number of his own cousin studying in Another country. Why did i say this:

1. I cross to South Cyprus many times within a month (I have a passport that allows that) and I mostly fly to England from the south because it's cheaper for me and shorter. I live in the northern part and also fly from the north, no day immigration officials at each port have asked me for my phone to be searched just need my passport..... I have friends and students from the south which I have their number on my phone. So sound strange.

2. My immediate cousin currently school at EMU ( a university in North Cyprus) his biological sister schools at EUC (a university in South Cyprus). He has his sister phone number and her friends on his phone and in fact, arrived from holiday from Nigeria on 15th Feb, He was not held by the immigration.

3. Till today, for this semester, 83 fresh students I did admission for arrived Cyprus, I have spoken with 60% of them upon arrival to follow up, none told me immigration asked for their phones to be searched. I tried to triple check with those that arrived 2 pm yesterday regarding this phone check, none was asked for the phone. Just documents and they searched their names on their records and allowed in. So this is still very strange to me.

From what I can say ( may not be the reasons just my opinion considering the stated facts): Something might have ignited them to think your brother intent is not to stay in North Cyprus a student but to cross to south Cyprus and if they actually searched his phone or found that number then could be the reason. It is worrisome because no rules that say you can't have a number from South Cyprus or any country. Try to find out that nothing else is holding him back.

I strongly believe if they find him as a genuine student with no other motives, he will be released. Try to calm down, which university is your brother heading to?

I am hopeful he will be released and let him start classes soon. Sorry!
Re: North Cyprus by Nasty40: 11:05am On Feb 19, 2020
wip7:

Sorry for your brother, I hope its get sorted asap.

But from personal experience, I don't think the immigration just will hold him because he has a phone number of his own cousin studying in Another country. Why did i say this:

1. I cross to South Cyprus many times within a month (I have a passport that allows that) and I mostly fly to England from the south because it's cheaper for me and shorter. I live in the northern part and also fly from the north, no day immigration officials at each port have asked me for my phone to be searched just need my passport..... I have friends and students from the south which I have their number on my phone. So sound strange.

2. My immediate cousin currently school at EMU ( a university in North Cyprus) his biological sister schools at EUC (a university in South Cyprus). He has his sister phone number and her friends on his phone and in fact, arrived from holiday from Nigeria on 15th Feb, He was not held by the immigration.

3. Till today, for this semester, 83 fresh students I did admission for arrived Cyprus, I have spoken with 60% of them upon arrival to follow up, none told me immigration asked for their phones to be searched. I tried to triple check with those that arrived 2 pm yesterday regarding this phone check, none was asked for the phone. Just documents and they searched their names on their records and allowed in. So this is still very strange to me.

From what I can say ( may not be the reasons just my opinion considering the stated facts): Something might have ignited them to think your brother intent is not to stay in North Cyprus a student but to cross to south Cyprus and if they actually searched his phone or found that number then could be the reason. It is worrisome because no rules that say you can't have a number from South Cyprus or any country. Try to find out that nothing else is holding him back.

I strongly believe if they find him as a genuine student with no other motives, he will be released. Try to calm down, which university is your brother heading to?

I am hopeful he will be released and let him start classes soon. Sorry!
Thank you very much for the Swift response.
The school is BUA bahcesehir Cyprus university
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:11am On Feb 19, 2020
Nasty40:

Thank you very much for the Swift response.
The school is BUA bahcesehir Cyprus university

Ok is a new university, this stuffs happens much with those ones. If the official is aware and presents all the documents. If they find him okay, he will get released. What I know is students from Pakistans, Bangladesh etc are frequently deported upon arrival because a large percentage of these ones are not for studies but using the university as an easy entrance.

I wish him well and speedy support. Hang on!
Re: North Cyprus by Nasty40: 11:15am On Feb 19, 2020
wip7:

Ok is a new university, this stuffs happens much with those ones. If the official is aware and presents all the documents. If they find him okay, he will get released. What I know is students from Pakistans, Bangladesh etc are frequently deported upon arrival because a large percentage of these ones are not for studies but using the university as an easy entrance.

I wish you him well and speedy support. Hang on!
Alright Sir.
The school administration has even be notified of the issue and they sent someone there but I don't just understand the immigration officer.
The boy has been there since 1am this morning
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nasty40:

Alright Sir.
The school administration has even be notified of the issue and they sent someone there but I don't just understand the immigration officer.
The boy has been there since 1am this morning

We had a boy from Nigeria held for 2 days last year because his picture on WAEC result looks different to them and they already booked to deport him....we sent the head of our international office there and he showed them all the applicant results and scratch card for confirmation and correspondence and he was released afterwards.

So am positive if the school have someone strong with evidence that he is real student and wanting to study, he will be released.
Re: North Cyprus by Nasty40: 2:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
wip7:

We had a boy from Nigeria held for 2 days last year because his picture on WAEC result looks different to them and they already booked to deport him....we sent the head of our international office there and he showed them all the applicant results and scratch card for confirmation and correspondence and he was released afterwards.

So am positive if the school have someone strong with evidence that he is real student and wanting to study, he will be released.
Thank you sir.
I appreciate

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by solidworks(m): 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
wip7:

Sir, I have finished my Authentication with ministry of education, is remaining ministry of foreign affairs which I will do tomorrow, I tried to book appointment on Turkish embassy but it not completing, at some point it will display ( please wait), I applied via mail vis.turkembabuja@gmail.com no response till now. Please Sir, what should be my prudent move as time is ticking? Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Nasty40: 5:44pm On Feb 19, 2020
wip7:

Please Sir,they refused the boy entrance into the country.
He's at the airport now waiting to be deported.
Please is there any die minute help that you can render please?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:27pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nasty40:

Please Sir,they refused the boy entrance into the country.
He's at the airport now waiting to be deported.
Please is there any die minute help that you can render please?

Personally I can’t if his university has intervened and they still not allow him.

It’s really a sad one! Before deportation they always will inform the university concern and also reasons for deportation will be given to him in written official form.

Email me your number I will call you to make some few inquiries and let me know how you communicate with him.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
solidworks:

Sir, I have finished my Authentication with ministry of education, is remaining ministry of foreign affairs which I will do tomorrow, I tried to book appointment on Turkish embassy but it not completing, at some point it will display ( please wait), I applied via mail vis.turkembabuja@gmail.com no response till now. Please Sir, what should be my prudent move as time is ticking? Thanks

Refresh and try it later or clear your cookies it happens like that and it will work later when you do those.You may try it later in the night also.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Nasty40: 8:16am On Feb 20, 2020
wip7:

Refresh and try it later or clear your cookies it happens like that and it will work later when you do those.You may try it later in the night also.
Please Sir.
I want to talk to you either on phone, WhatsApp or telegram.
Just any platform that's convenient for you sir
Re: North Cyprus by solidworks(m): 10:41am On Feb 20, 2020
wip7:

Sir , On submission of my Visa documents, do I need to submit my own statement of account in addition to my sponsors statement, since my sponsor statement of account won't cover all my expenses, but she's probably expecting money.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
Nasty40:

Please Sir.
I want to talk to you either on phone, WhatsApp or telegram.
Just any platform that's convenient for you sir

Email me, you will find my add in my signature. I will ring you.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2020
solidworks:

Sir , On submission of my Visa documents, do I need to submit my own statement of account in addition to my sponsors statement, since my sponsor statement of account won't cover all my expenses, but she's probably expecting money.

Yes, you can do that.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Christie171(f): 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2020
wip7:

Personally I can’t if his university has intervened and they still not allow him.

It’s really a sad one! Before deportation they always will inform the university concern and also reasons for deportation will be given to him in written official form.

Email me your number I will call you to make some few inquiries and let me know how you communicate with him.
What then happens to the boy's tuition fees and admission in this case

Nasty40, did your brother travel with OKTB or with visa?
Re: North Cyprus by Nasty40: 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2020
Christie171:

Oktb
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2020
Christie171:

University refund tuition fee if student is rejected visa or he can come back again next semester if he sort his issues.

Nasty40:

Oktb

Then something is wrong with the student documents. Some applicants from Nairaland I did OKTB for landed today. Total 7 students with OKTB and all landed safely.

Here is screenshot from one of them also in this Nairaland thread.

Check your email for my contact then let me know update NASTY40!

Re: North Cyprus by Arthur0814: 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
wip7:

Yes, you can do that.
Hi wip7 after collecting my passport from mz visa and submitting to turkey embassy, how long do I wait for my visa
Re: North Cyprus by Mboki: 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
Hello Prof, Kindly check your mail please.
I tried asking the meaning of "leave of absence". I also wish to know if it's possible to come to NC next month as against the 3rd March registration deadline?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:27pm On Feb 20, 2020
Mboki:
Hello Prof, Kindly check your mail please.
I tried asking the meaning of "leave of absence". I also wish to know if it's possible to come to next month as against the 3rd March registration deadline?

Leave of absence means you can’t attend class for that semester (you are absent) which makes no economical sense as you will be in the country paying for house rent and food without attending class.

Students must be registered and start class before the last day of leave of absence stated on their offer letter. If you can’t make it before this date, you can resume September 2020.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:28pm On Feb 20, 2020
Arthur0814:

Hi wip7 after collecting my passport from mz visa and submitting to turkey embassy, how long do I wait for my visa

No fixed days.
Re: North Cyprus by Arthur0814: 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2020
wip7:

No fixed days.
I was sent an email by turkey embassy that my name was listed among the prospective students and I should come with my passport and visa receipt, insurance and flight booking. I have not been told to come and collect my passport from mz visa centre but since the embassy has told me to come can I go and collect my passport
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2020
Arthur0814:

I was sent an email by turkey embassy that my name was listed among the prospective students and I should come with my passport and visa receipt, insurance and flight booking. I have not been told to come and collect my passport from mz visa centre but since the embassy has told me to come can I go and collect my passport

I replied this email.
Re: North Cyprus by Mboki: 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2020
Prof please kindly check your mail. I was asking you about METU graduate admission for Fall.
wip7:

I replied this email.
Re: North Cyprus by DanceMonkey(m): 6:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
wip:
IST, to get admssion into cyprus universities/college for UNDERGRADUATE, , the applicant should be less than 25years of Age. those seeking to study social science or art can choose HOTEL MANAGEMENT AND TOURISM cos the industry is really flourishing around here and living expenses is more cheaper than other european countries.
They have nice universities and colleges around in CYPRUS . for those willing to study in southern part against feb 2010, application deadline is 3rd december 2009 while northern part is 30th dec 2009. so anybody interested should start before too late.

then to remind you guys, incase you cant get to turkey directly cos of their requirement like SAT, GMAT then you can enter cyprus for the first year and after you meet up CGPA of 2.50 then you can write YOS exam to enter turkey cos their tuition fees are more cheaper.

Then along limmassol, you can find nice naija food like amala, ewedu, eba , ogbono and enuf fulani and hausa food even in nicosia.

just come over with few dollars then we serve you to the taste, hey island life sweet ohhh

good evening,
you me a someone above 25 can't study there at all? I have HND in mass communication and want to further, any adbise for me please?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:08pm On Feb 22, 2020
DanceMonkey:

good evening,
you me a someone above 25 can't study there at all? I have HND in mass communication and want to further, any adbise for me please?

Two universities currently admit HND holders directly to undertake master PROGRAM in TRNC, you will be given some foundational/bridging courses to take.

Graduate applicants have no age limit for now.

Take note: That my message you quoted was written many years ago. What happened many years back or rules in 2009 does not mean it is fixed forever. Change is constant, is better to read the thread for a current update.
Re: North Cyprus by DanceMonkey(m): 12:16pm On Feb 23, 2020
wip7:

Two universities currently admit HND holders directly to undertake master PROGRAM in TRNC, you will be given some foundational/bridging courses to take.

Graduate applicants have no age limit for now.

Take note: That my message you quoted was written many years ago. What happened many years back or rules in 2009 does not mean it is fixed forever. Change is constant, is better to read the thread for a current update.

thank you for your comment,
I have been searching the internet for scholarship programmed but i don't seem to be making much progress do you have any you can help me with? I with be grateful
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
DanceMonkey:

thank you for your comment,
I have been searching the internet for scholarship programmed but i don't seem to be making much progress do you have any you can help me with? I with be grateful

You may search online for the annual Turkish government scholarship scheme for all nations. You will see the requirements on their website and you can apply if you meet up.

Many universities also have partial and full scholarships. In highly developed countries this is very competitive and will require various things including very high grades, some need skills, experience, some results from exams. You can just look at university websites in the country of your choice, navigate to their scholarship section to see what is needed. For example, Eastern Mediterranean University offers full PhD tuition scholarship for applicant that has above 4 points in their undergraduate degree. This type of scholarship is competitive and only covers tuition not living or accommodation expenses.

Best wishes in your search.
Re: North Cyprus by DanceMonkey(m): 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
wip7:

You may search online for the annual Turkish government scholarship scheme for all nations. You will see the requirements on their website and you can apply if you meet up.

Many universities also have partial and full scholarships. In highly developed countries this is very competitive and will require various things including very high grades, some need skills, experience, some results from exams. You can just look at university websites in the country of your choice, navigate to their scholarship section to see what is needed. For example, Eastern Mediterranean University offers full PhD tuition scholarship for applicant that has above 4 points in their undergraduate degree. This type of scholarship is competitive and only covers tuition not living or accommodation expenses.

Best wishes in your search.

thank you very much, i will work on it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (356)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.