Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767358 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by teewest100: 1:46am On Jul 12, 2020
Hello sir, I really appreciate your work for we the youth may God bless you and your family, please I have applied for the CIU and also paid the £1000, but my question is, is it must to have visa before travelling or I can travel as a student without visa sir, kindly your deep explanation is needed. Thanks God bless
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:15am On Jul 12, 2020
teewest100:
Hello sir, I really appreciate your work for we the youth may God bless you and your family, please I have applied for the CIU and also paid the £1000, but my question is, is it must to have visa before travelling or I can travel as a student without visa sir, kindly your deep explanation is needed. Thanks God bless

You have to apply for a visa before airline can fly you or immigration can allow you in both Turkey and Cyprus. Paying tuition does not confer you automatic right to be admitted into Cyprus even if you are issued visa does not mean you will be allowed entry to Cyprus.

Anybody can have a visa to any country but does not mean the person can enter that country; only immigration of that country decides who enters or not. Many with visas have been deported upon arrival.

The embassy is located in Abuja and you can easily apply for the visa is a simple thing to do.

So visit Turkish embassy website Abuja for procedure for a visa; but as am currently informed Turkish migration authority who linked between the embassy and the university has not notified university for them to send names for upcoming semester.

Alternatively, you may fly via Ok-to-board without needing to apply for a visa but this may be expensive as it requires a return flight. Also, the ok-to-board current policy is not clear yet because only Turkish airline approves.

However, in few weeks Immigration in Turkey and Cyprus, university rep amd ministry will be having a meeting to formulate regulations/policy on New students arrival for this upcoming semester. Then it will be cleared.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by haroldwilly780: 7:39am On Jul 12, 2020
wip7:

You have to apply for a visa before airline can fly you or immigration can allow you in both Turkey and Cyprus. Paying tuition does not confer you automatic right to be admitted into Cyprus even if you are issued visa does not mean you will be allowed entry to Cyprus.

Anybody can have a visa to any country but does not mean the person can enter that country; only immigration of that country decides who enters or not. Many with visas have been deported upon arrival.

The embassy is located in Abuja and you can easily apply for the visa is a simple thing to do.

So visit Turkish embassy website Abuja for procedure for a visa; but as am currently informed Turkish migration authority who linked between the embassy and the university has not notified university for them to send names for upcoming semester.

Alternatively, you may fly via Ok-to-board without needing to apply for a visa but this may be expensive as it requires a return flight. Also, the ok-to-board current policy is not clear yet because only Turkish airline approves.

However, in few weeks Immigration in Turkey and Cyprus, university rep amd ministry will be having a meeting to formulate regulations/policy on New students arrival for this upcoming semester. Then it will be cleared.
...many with visas have been deported back ??really ..why is that ....them carry drug ni abi wetin ..I don't understand why you'll have visas and still be deported back ..pls give reason ....God bless u
Re: North Cyprus by teewest100: 7:42am On Jul 12, 2020
Thanks sir I really appreciate, you got me scared with your explanation on having visa and still possible of been deported at port of entry, why does that happen sir, and secondly between the visa and okay to board(OKT) which one do you find more reliable for international student going to Cyprus sir
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:05am On Jul 12, 2020
haroldwilly780:
...many with visas have been deported back ??really ..why is that ....them carry drug ni abi wetin ..I don't understand why you'll have visas and still be deported back ..pls give reason ....God bless u

Globally, the embassy is responsible for issuing or denying visa applications irrespective of the country. Having a valid visa to any country does not guarantee entrance to that country; such is determined by the immigration personnel at the port of entry. There are many reasons why immigration at the port of entry will deny entry to a visa holder; such reasons may include "Conflicts with travel documentation/falsified documents, suspicions of malicious intent, traveller appearing not genuine for the purpose stated during visa application, don’t have sufficient funds to support themselves, criminal history, entering at inappropriate approval time/date and many more.

teewest100:
Thanks sir I really appreciate, you got me scared with your explanation on having visa and still possible of been deported at port of entry, why does that happen sir, and secondly between the visa and okay to board(OKT) which one do you find more reliable for international student going to Cyprus sir

Both.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:09am On Jul 12, 2020
This thread will be closed very soon. Thanks for all that have contributed, please obey the rule of the newly created thread ......Please see part 2 of the thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5985964/north-cyprus-part-2#91627716
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 11:46am On Jul 12, 2020
wip7:
This thread will be closed very soon. Thanks for all that have contributed, please obey the rule of the newly created thread ......Please see part 2 of the thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5985964/north-cyprus-part-2#91627716

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.