Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767148 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Xtfield(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2011
@ Wip5,

Hello, I sent you a mail about the Principal's course but I got no reply.
Re: North Cyprus by wip2: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2011
Xtfield:

@ Wip5,

Hello, I sent you a mail about the Principal's course but I got no reply.

Sir, i did not receive your message, i do reply all my emails within 1 business day!
Re: North Cyprus by sultan003(m): 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
@wip2

Hello, How do i get your email address, i need to know the requirements for M.eng Industrial engineering at EMU.
Sultan0032001@gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by sultan003(m): 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2011
@wip
thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip: 5:51am On Jul 19, 2011
sultan003:

@wip
thanks

You are welcome.
Re: North Cyprus by Xtfield(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2011
@ Wip

I rresent the mail to your e-mail address:skull4una@gmail.com. Please respond asap and if the e-mail address is wrong send me your correct e-mail add to fxman62@yahoo.com. Tanx
wip2:

Sir, i did not receive your message, i do reply all my emails within 1 business day!
Re: North Cyprus by wip: 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2011
Xtfield:

@ Wip

I rresent the mail to your e-mail address:skull4una@gmail.com. Please respond asap and if the e-mail address is wrong send me your correct e-mail add to fxman62@yahoo.com. Tanx

I replied your email.
Re: North Cyprus by Tgud3: 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2011
Please i choose nursing as my course at EMU and i was told that its not in english,does dat mean that i cant do nursing and also how many days does it take for my application to be considered
Re: North Cyprus by wip: 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2011
T_gud3:

Please i choose nursing as my course at EMU and i was told that its not in english,does dat mean that i cant do nursing and also how many days does it take for my application to be considered

Your admission and scholarship letter has been sent to your email.

EMU STUDENTS, for those EMU students that already obtained their visas, please kindly inform us 3days before your arrival by sending us your flight details so that we can arrange to pick you from the airport and accommodate you for free for few days.

So far records show that none of EMU students has been denied visa and will like any students having problems at the embassy can kindly inform us at our office. You can send your flight details to scholarship@emu.edu.tr or skull4una@gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by Stone122: 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2011
North Cyprus is a shitty place, better save your money and go somewhere else you wont regret. about 30% of freshmen who go there dont stay past one semester, the rest who stay do so because they have got no choice, If you dont believe, well go and see for yourself,
Re: North Cyprus by claremont(m): 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2011
Stone122:

North Cyprus is a shitty place, better save your money and go somewhere else you wont regret. about 30% of freshmen who go there dont stay past one semester, the rest who stay do so because they have got no choice, If you dont believe, well go and see for yourself,
Absolutely spot on! I still wonder why people still go to study in such places when they have got the whole of Europe to choose from? Denmark, Germany, Finland, and Sweden all offer free tuition with better future career prospects.
Re: North Cyprus by wip: 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2011
ALL EMU ADMITTED STUDENTS

We are sending the second batch of names to the Turkish embassy Abuja tomorrow, for those that received their confirmation letter after the first batch, kindly visit the embassy first week of August. For those living far from Abuja can call our office or drop your full names here to check for you before proceeding to Abuja.

International Center,
EMU,
North Cyprus.

+903926302444/2690
Re: North Cyprus by esko: 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2011
@Wip,tnx 4d info. Pls remember to confirm my name(J.O.K PhD 1497) before d list is sent down tommorow. Hope to get a notification from u in my email soon. Thank u.
Re: North Cyprus by esko: 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2011
@Wip,tnx 4d info. Pls remember to confirm my name(J.O.K PhD 1497) before d list is sent down tommorow. Hope to get a notification from u in my email soon. Thank u.
Re: North Cyprus by ahamdiheme: 10:18am On Jul 29, 2011
I study in EMU and I work here as a research assistant, I have been to two conferences now, in Turkey and Germany all sponsored by the department, I get paid every month and it is comparable with what research assistants earn in some US universities. If you have come here to just work then just get off the Island. Nobody forces you to come here.

How many schools give a 50% discount on tuition irrespective of your academic performance. For those saying EMU is shitty, think again. If you don't like it, please leave, no one is holding you back.
Rather than spoiling the name of a beautiful institution just stay away, no university in Nigeria has such facilities and will give you such opportunities.

I have come to realize that people whol talk down on this school are pure loosers, no ambition, whatsoever.
Enough said.

Everyone knows Cyprus is not USA, AUstralia or Canada but we also know Cyprus is not NIGERIA if you know what I mean
Re: North Cyprus by wip: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2011
Edlopez:

i study in EMU, i would not advise anybody to come over here!!!, its sooo shitty!, bleeped up place, instead go to south cyprus, its abit expensive but you can work there.in north cyprus NO WORK AT ALL!!!, No mind all these things they are telling you about north cyprus. NA LIE!, DONT COME IF YOU LOVE YOURSELVES!!!, they just want to make money from your heads thats all

Not everybody that want to study abroad want to do so JUST BECAUSE of searching for menial jobs or picking money on the street. This particular thread is meant to assist genuine students to gain admission, guidance and assistance towards studying at EMU. There are about 13,000 students from 6 continents studying at EMU and the university was established solely to educate ONLY interested students to have uninterrupted education in a low crime region with state of art facilities.

NO universities in North Cyprus state it on their website that they provide menial jobs for incoming or currents. All information needed is written clearly on all school websites. If you find North Cyprus difficult to live, kindly leave North Cyprus to another country. WE are here to guide genuine students wishing to study at EMU. NOT everybody going abroad want to work under bridge mind you. what will you say to the Director of federal ministry of Education Abuja that his son is studying at EMU? he does not know the EMU educational standard or what? if you care to know visit international center of EMU to see Nigerian studying in Canada applied to transfer to EMU, you can take picture with two of them as they arrived just 2 days ago from Ottawa, so that you can ask them why they leave Canada for North Cyprus, we travel to study abroad for different reasons!!!
Re: North Cyprus by Stone122: 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2011
ahamdiheme:

I study in EMU and I work here as a research assistant, I have been to two conferences now, in Turkey and Germany all sponsored by the department, I get paid every month and it is comparable with what research assistants earn in some US universities. If you have come here to just work then just get off the Island. Nobody forces you to come here.

How many schools give a 50% discount on tuition irrespective of your academic performance. For those saying EMU is shitty, think again. If you don't like it, please leave, no one is holding you back.
Rather than spoiling the name of a beautiful institution just stay away, no university in Nigeria has such facilities and will give you such opportunities.

I have come to realize that people whol talk down on this school are pure loosers, no ambition, whatsoever.
Enough said.

Everyone knows Cyprus is not USA, AUstralia or Canada but we also know Cyprus is not NIGERIA if you know what I mean

What reasonable Institution on earth gives student 50% discount irrespective of academic performance, that alone should tell anyone what they are up to. North Cyprus is probably the worst place to study right now, the racism is extreme probably one of the worst racist country. As for the facilities of a thing, the facilities your boasting of are old and nothing wonderful about those cheap facilities you boast of.

If you hate yourself go to North Cyprus, where no one speaks English, Even your instructors are racist, The prisons are full of frustrated Senegalese, Ghanaian, and especially Nigerians, who most times do certain things out of frustration. Nigerian there scam people a lot, the good ones are rare to see. North Cyprus is a 98% muslim country with all sort of crazy and insane Muslim laws, and the Turkish people that make of the country are all assholes.

Am not restraining anyone from going, Majority of people go there because its cheap, that a fact. Thats why all you see is mostly student from Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Iran and rural areas in Turkey.

Seeing is believing, and experience is the best teacher. When you get to Cyprus, you would improve very much on you pidgin English cos thats the official language there, Goodluck
Re: North Cyprus by ahamdiheme: 5:14pm On Jul 29, 2011
Stone122:

What reasonable Institution on earth gives student 50% discount irrespective of academic performance, that alone should tell anyone what they are up to. North Cyprus is probably the worst place to study right now, the racism is extreme probably one of the worst racist country. As for the facilities of a thing, the facilities your boasting of are old and nothing wonderful about those cheap facilities you boast of.

If you hate yourself go to North Cyprus, where no one speaks English, Even your instructors are racist, The prisons are full of frustrated Senegalese, Ghanaian, and especially Nigerians, who most times do certain things out of frustration. Nigerian there scam people a lot, the good ones are rare to see. North Cyprus is a 98% muslim country with all sort of crazy and insane Muslim laws, and the Turkish people that make of the country are all assholes.

Am not restraining anyone from going, Majority of people go there because its cheap, that a fact. Thats why all you see is mostly student from Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Iran and rural areas in Turkey.

Seeing is believing, and experience is the best teacher. When you get to Cyprus, you would improve very much on you pidgin English cos thats the official language there, Goodluck

You obviously know nothing about this place dude! Get you facts straight before you start blabbing. But like you said, seeing is believing, I don't need to argue with you, you know nothing.
Re: North Cyprus by Stone122: 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2011
ahamdiheme:

You obviously know nothing about this place dude! Get you facts straight before you start blabbing. But like you said, seeing is believing, I don't need to argue with you, you know nothing.

LOL, How funny, I have been there for over a year and half, You probably have never been to Cyprus your whole Life, and making that shitty post from your moms basement, Go get a Life
Re: North Cyprus by ahamdiheme: 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2011
Stone122:

LOL, How funny, I have been there for over a year and half, You probably have never been to Cyprus your whole Life, and making that shitty post from your moms basement, Go get a Life

My first mistake was answering you at all
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2011
Stone122:

[size=8pt]Seeing is believing, and experience is the best teacher. When you get to Cyprus, you would improve very much on you pidgin English cos thats the official language there[/size], Goodluck

broz dey vex, but really as WIP said if you coming here to school ALONE, is good.
Re: North Cyprus by llbhuds: 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2011
hey guys, i congratulate all does who has secured Der visas and pray for dos who are yet to get Der's. i once lived in Cyprus (both north ND south) and i can tell u all you need to know about both sides. i studied in GAU and Americanos college for those who will be going to any of these schls.
as-per d Scholarships given to you guys 30% or 50%, i must be sincere with you, its all mirage Cos you don't even know how much the school cost initially so how can u calculate or bliv dat a university will offer you a Scholarship without knowing your level of educational prowess.
if you are going to Cyprus to study then its d best choice but life is not as easy as the kind of pictures u see on the school web page or photos of friends living there that you have seen on FB.
ask me any questions you want to know here and i will be very glad to answer you Cos your questions my8 be of help to others
Re: North Cyprus by esko: 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2011
@last poster, you sound more objective esp. having lived in both sides. Well, I don't have any specific question here but I just want you to analyze both sides on opportunities and quality of education for individuals to now decide based on their specific needs and goals. Understand that its not everybody that have chosen TRNC did so to go and huzzle for money, some have genuine intention of getting a quality education at affordable cost. Also, its not as if they can not secure admission in better places like UK and US etc (did I call these places better? Well, only God knws where each individual destiny lies), but even if they do get admission there, strict immigration procedures may cause their visa refusal. If given the visa, high cost of education bills may lead them to breach immigration rules(engaging in extra work than allowed if they could even find such as and when due) thereby making them illegal immigrants liable to deportation, abandoning the degree certificate they initially went for. Howbeit, if they're super sponsored from home and could finish their course of study, the same inhumane and strict immigration law that keeps getting more obfuscated by the day wouldn't allow them more than 12months to now enjoy their labour in the host country without stringent conditions that would at last jettison them out of the country. Think of language/accent barrier which originally keep you a second fiddle as well as need for jobs too by locales. Well, I want to hold it here but I challenge every poster to give a dispassionate analysis of the situations in SC and TRNC. I personally doubt if south is really more advantageous than the north considering the law of income and expenditure in determining net gain. If u wish to PM me, do so via drikeji@yahoo.com and I will appreciate it although here will be preferable so that the impact of your contribution would be widely appreciated. Tnx@last poster, you sound more objective esp. having lived in both sides. Well, I don't have any specific question here but I just want you to analyze both sides on opportunities and quality of education for individuals to now decide based on their specific needs and goals. Understand that its not everybody that have chosen TRNC did so to go and huzzle for money, some have genuine intention of getting a quality education at affordable cost. Also, its not as if they can not secure admission in better places like UK and US etc (did I call these places better? Well, only God knws where each individual destiny lies), but even if they do get admission there, strict immigration procedures may cause their visa refusal. If given the visa, high cost of education bills may lead them to breach immigration rules(engaging in extra work than allowed if they could even find such as and when due) thereby making them illegal immigrants liable to deportation, abandoning the degree certificate they initially went for. Howbeit, if they're super sponsored from home and could finish their course of study, the same inhumane and strict immigration law that keeps getting more obfuscated by the day wouldn't allow them more than 12months to now enjoy their labour in the host country without stringent conditions that would at last jettison them out of the country. Think of language/accent barrier which originally keep you a second fiddle as well as need for jobs too by locales. Well, I want to hold it here but I challenge every poster to give a dispassionate analysis of the situations in SC and TRNC. I personally doubt if south is really more advantageous than the north considering the law of income and expenditure in determining net gain. If u wish to PM me, do so via drikeji@yahoo.com and I will appreciate it although here will be preferable so that the impact of your contribution would be widely appreciated. Tnx
Re: North Cyprus by llbhuds: 8:09pm On Jul 30, 2011
well, considering the fact that most naija sole aim of traveling abroad is mail´nly for greener pasture and if this is also any1s reason of going to either sides of the island, then i think is not realistic. i am not saying you can get a job there neither im i promising you that der are alot of jobs der waiting for you, but like i said in my first post, if you intention of going to CY (either sides) is to study, then its a gr8 choice.
i must confess to you guys that if i have to chance to choose btw d 2cyprus, i would prefer TRNC because the whrle world knws turkish as accomodating people put their religious believes aside.
Language, the south cyprus speaks english better if compared to TRNC cos south is a member of the commonwealth of nations.
the immigration rules of south cyprus is even more Draconia compared to the UK or US because. in south cyprus, studentship stutus is even the worse status i can imágine cos dem no send you for der honestly, hnmmmm i no fit laf i swear. but in TRNC the police der knows that an african walking in d street came as a student or a footballer so der is little Suspicion on you.
i lived 3yrs in cyprus(1 in TRNC and 2 in south) and i trained as a heavy duty vehicle driver and dats what im doing now in Germany and i can say i am among the very few lucky pple dat once lived in cyprus.
cyprus is good and i wish you guys luck in everything you do der.
( to all d ladies in d housei say sorry) i think d easiest thing to get in life now is a GF but its very very hard to find a GF in cyprus ooooooooooooo. BE WARNED
Re: North Cyprus by omhokhogie: 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2011
KUZEY KIBRIS, lol, I dey Laugh oooo, I welcome all nu student to the island, full of ups and down, I DEY LAUGH OOO, Wishing you all best of luck in yea searching on the Island, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided grin grin
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 1:03am On Jul 31, 2011
omhokhogie:

KUZEY KIBRIS, lol, I dey Laugh oooo, I welcome all nu student to the island, full of ups and down, I DEY LAUGH OOO, Wishing you all best of luck in yea searching on the Island, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided grin grin
Kuzey Kıbrıs Türk Cumhuriyeti, no fear i beg we dey here
Re: North Cyprus by omhokhogie: 1:06am On Jul 31, 2011
LOL, I dey, we dey face am now, make dem come join us, blood is ticker than water, What a lovely country we are
Re: North Cyprus by esko: 1:26am On Jul 31, 2011
@Ilbhuds, tnx for d info if u are sure its d way you've said it be ready to defend or expatiate it bc TRNC haters will arise to fault it and tell us how its easier for a camel to pass thru d eye of a niddle than for any student (irrespective of their level of study -BSc,MSc or PhD) to get any small job to complement already reserved funds 4living expenses. Also, they will mock us about how the job will pay 3TL per day which is like 300 naira, if one eventually secures any maybe after about 3yrs you have lived there, all these lies are just advanced to drive home their point that TRNC is a ghost land. Well, I welcome opinions on this issue so that incoming students would not run from traveling even after tuition payment and receiving their visa. Pls don't keep quiet, ur response may be that catalyst that could spur someone to a lifetime destiny changing decision (either way) @Ilbhuds, u can still elaborate to denounce or justify the issues raised above on what kind of jobs may or can be possibly/ rarely available to different categories of students in TRNC and the pay attached when located., all these lies are just advanced to drive home their point that TRNC is a ghost land. Well, I welcome opinions on this issue so that incoming students would not run from traveling even after tuition payment and receiving their visa. Pls don't keep quiet, ur response may be that catalyst that could spur someone to a lifetime destiny changing decision (either way) @Ilbhuds, u can still elaborate to denounce or justify the issues raised above on what kind of jobs may or can be possibly/ rarely available to different categories of students in TRNC and the pay attached when located.
Re: North Cyprus by omhokhogie: 1:32am On Jul 31, 2011
As long as you have family ties(financial backup), you have no problem schooling in EMU or north Cyprus generally, Just have it in mind that there is no Job guarantee, and even if you gt a job, it's between 20tl-50tl (2k-5k naija money), and the way they work out here is different frm how we work in Nigeria, It's hard working job, (pls don't ask me the kinda job you goin to get).

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by esko: 2:06am On Jul 31, 2011
@omhokhogie, Is the 20TL to 50TL per day or monthly pay? If one has paid tuition and accomodation, how much could ur parents reserve for u to be managing with for your feeding alone monthly? Why did u warn I shouldn't ask u d kinda hard work there? Explain, maybe one may even come with his working implement he has mastered - lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.