Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767382 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Sainttracy: 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2012
Its nice helping here!!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
blissbay:

Hello Wip7. Please, has the final list been sent to the Embassy? Pls Confirm my name. Abejide Adebayo Emmmanuel. Thanks Man

All missing names have been sent to embassy, Ahmed K, Maza D, Abijide E all these names have been included yesterday and embassy confirmed today they received the list.
Re: North Cyprus by Dudurex: 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
Re: North Cyprus by pauloomel: 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2012
wip7:

All missing names have been sent to embassy, Ahmed K, Maza D, Abijide E all these names have been included yesterday and embassy confirmed today they received the list.
Mr wip. Please confirm my name Ogunniran Paul Olaoluwa...thanks
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2012
wip7: ANOTHER BATCH OF NAMES SENT TO EMBASSY TODAY-EMU

To all EMU prospective students, our last batch for this year supposed to be sent to embassy yesterday but we are taking huge time and patience to ensure all names are not missing. For those that have received the confirmation letters since and names not sent to Abuja, by the end of today we shall send all names to Abuja. For some of our students that Turkish embassy informed their details have not been sent to them and their documents have been taken, we have resent all your details to the embassy and for those denied visa, our rector will be meeting the Cyprus president to intervene this afternoon and i shall inform you when to re-book for your visa.

Today is the last batch to Embassy and Today is the last date to receive payment from International students from Africa. For all that have received their visas, kindly update us your travelling details so we can make arrangement to pick you up at the nearest Airport.

EMU- International Center
skull4una@gmail.com

cool
Re: North Cyprus by Ade001: 6:51pm On Sep 06, 2012
The truth is that if you are refused a Turkish visa be it transit, you have to wait till after 6months to reapply , and I don't think anything will remedy that, If are given a note when you applied before, you can actually go to the embassy any of these work days since most of the schools in TRNC have sent all the names, you stand a great chance of them taking in your passport and stamping the visa ( worked for some people this week). If you got a rejection ( a red stamp at the rear of your passport, contact the school to refund your fees or move it to next semester( spring) when you will reapply for the Turkish visa around January 2013.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:51pm On Sep 06, 2012
penroll55:

@mr wip,
Can we know how it went with the rector and president of cyprus concerning those refused visa?

i replied your email so answer my question in the email to know how to help you further. We have about 7 cases of denied 2weeks back, we were able to speak with the local authorities and 4 have been granted visa out of these 7 while others have pending appointment days. We have seek to know the reasons for denial and those reasons that can be corrected have been done by our own part while those from students like presenting fake documents, low bank statement and irregular age etc are still having issues. If you do send me your details as i requested, we shall follow up to know reason for ur denial and how we can come in.

pauloomel:
Mr wip. Please confirm my name Ogunniran Paul Olaoluwa...thanks

how many times do i want to confirm your name? this will be the 76th time i guessed
Re: North Cyprus by pauloomel: 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2012
wip7:

i replied your email so answer my question in the email to know how to help you further.

how many times do i want to confirm your name? this will be the 76th time i guessed
Lolzz sorry....for the disturbance ooo...i just wanna be 100% sure everytin is alright b4 i go to the embassy....
Re: North Cyprus by Luvdmx(m): 4:07am On Sep 07, 2012
pauloomel:
Inbox me i will give u d no of the nigeria student president over ther in CIU...he will help u wit anythin u wanna do...

thanks for your concern..I just sent u a mail.Embassy gave me 15th oct as appointment date whic is too far.what is my fate and secondly, i just want to be sure if my name has been send to embassy..lookin forward to hearing from you guys
Re: North Cyprus by pauloomel: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2012
Luvdmx:

thanks for your concern..I just sent u a mail.Embassy gave me 15th oct as appointment date whic is too far.what is my fate and secondly, i just want to be sure if my name has been send to embassy..lookin forward to hearing from you guys
Well friend to be honest, i dnt think you can make this fall semester...coz oct 15 is kinda long...u may refund ur money or forward it to next semester.....i dnt really knw thier system bt ill advice u to call d no i gave u....beg him to do everything to help...dnt worry its gonna be ok...
Re: North Cyprus by Ade001: 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
You can actually register for this semester if you can get to North Cyprus by October ending. Moreover if you feel that you cannot cope with the stress of updating on backlog of academic works by then, you can freeze the semester while you are in North Cyprus. You can use this time to enjoy the Island, and then continue from spring semester.
Re: North Cyprus by Luvdmx(m): 12:55pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ade001: You can actually register for this semester if you can get to North Cyprus by October ending. Moreover if you feel that you cannot cope with the stress of updating on backlog of academic works by then, you can freeze the semester while you are in North Cyprus. You can use this time to enjoy the Island, and then continue from spring semester.

thanks for the luv and concern...I 'll hope to make it for this fall semester.
You guys are truly wonderful..thanks and best of luck to you all
Re: North Cyprus by 9jakings: 1:27pm On Sep 09, 2012
please pals, i want to know the medical tests that one have to pass through for the EMU, student visa, thanks and god bless
Re: North Cyprus by ayoolahausen(m): 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
Hello, I received a msg frm my bro and I saw it here too dat my name has been resent to d embassy and dey av confirmed it now. Just wanna ask how I could approach dem without havin an appointement date again. wud love a reply thankx...xoXo
Re: North Cyprus by Ade001: 5:14pm On Sep 09, 2012
@Ayo, the embassy is meant to call you, but they are not calling anybody now, if you are in Abuja or can travel down, go to the embassy this week, meet the guys at the gate or the guy in-charge of collection, explain to him that the school asked you to check the embassy, be passionate about it, they might take your passport and stamp your visa, if they ask you to wait till they call you, dont just go, just reason with them by disturbing or lingering around for a while. Worked for some students going to NEU last week.

@29kings. You will undergo HIV, hypotheses b and c, X-ray tests. before you get your residence permit, its preferable you do it even before paying your fees.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:17pm On Sep 09, 2012
ayoolahausen: Hello, I received a msg frm my bro and I saw it here too dat my name has been resent to d embassy and dey av confirmed it now. Just wanna ask how I could approach dem without havin an appointement date again. wud love a reply thankx...xoXo

Yeah kindly go to Abuja and inform them your details have been resent. Then you can submit your passport.

9jakings: please pals, i want to know the medical tests that one have to pass through for the EMU, student visa, thanks and god bless

Please do not do any medical test in Nigeria. When you arrive here, what is needed for you to do will be comminucated to you. All medical tests are to de done in Cyprus and thats only result that will be accepted for your resident permit application.
Re: North Cyprus by Ade001: 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
@king, try to know your HIV and hepatitis B and C status, chest X-ray if you are a smoker before paying your school fees or if you have already paid your fees, know your status before leaving for TRCN because you will be subjected to tests on these diseases before you will apply for Muhaceret( resident permit).
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:37am On Sep 10, 2012
EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN UNIVERSITY

Good News...

The embassy just informed us that, two of the applicants that their visas have been denied before has been reconsidered and the applicants have been informed by email and phone call to submit their application on Wednesday. If such applicants are NL member pls check your email and spam box and we do belive you must have received the phone call from the embassy. Kindly visit the embassy at the scheduled date and time sent to you.

Others that have problem last week and i was informed, kindly make another appointment with the embassy or visit the embassy we have resent all details and negotiate further with the embassy for reconsideration.

International center
EMU.
Re: North Cyprus by 9jakings: 8:29am On Sep 10, 2012
thanks pals, so it does mean i wouldn't have to do any medical test in abuja?, and pls, how does the visa interview look like?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
9jakings: thanks pals, so it does mean i wouldn't have to do any medical test in abuja?, and pls, how does the visa interview look like?

No you won't do any medical test in Abuja provided you do not have HIV and TB, you will do those medical tests in Cyprus before your resident permit application is considered.

Kindly read the Tukish embassy website for the required documents, take them along and the interview is always short, but you will need to know your chosen university name and why you chose the uni or the course etc. Wish you luck!
Re: North Cyprus by aro001: 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
@Mr wip,
Pls is it compulsory for a student to book a round trip ticket to NC?cos i am planning to book one way,thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:32am On Sep 11, 2012
aro_001: @Mr wip,
Pls is it compulsory for a student to book a round trip ticket to NC?cos i am planning to book one way,thanks

is not compulsory as NC immigration is not interested that you book roundtrip as a student but Immigration officials in Lagos or Abuja extort student with one way tickets. Also note that you can actually get refund for your other way. You will need to inform the traveling agent or Airline before you buy it and they will let you knoe the procedure. I havde done that alot of times tur Turkish Airline.

Wish you safe trip!
Re: North Cyprus by aro001: 10:21am On Sep 11, 2012
wip7:

is not compulsory as NC immigration is not interested that you book roundtrip as a student but Immigration officials in Lagos or Abuja extort student with one way tickets. Also note that you can actually get refund for your other way. You will need to inform the traveling agent or Airline before you buy it and they will let you knoe the procedure. I havde done that alot of times tur Turkish Airline.

Wish you safe trip!
Thanks so much for the info,you have been of great help to a lot of people on here.
Re: North Cyprus by Luvdmx(m): 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
@ wip7 and every1.
Is there any one with october 15th or similar date as visa appointment date at turkish embassy?
Is it true that embassy will STOP stamping students visa from october..pls,respond
Re: North Cyprus by aro001: 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
aro_001:
Thanks so much for the info,you have been of great help to a lot of people on here.
Pls how am i going to get a connecting flight from istanbul to ercan?i am planning to use emirates airline.thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2012
aro_001:
Pls how am i going to get a connecting flight from istanbul to ercan?i am planning to use emirates airline.thanks

Yeah if you arrive early to Istanbul you can buy your connecting flight to Ercan at one of these desks Atlast Jet, Pegasus, turkish Airline.

Luvdmx: @ wip7 and every1.
Is there any one with october 15th or similar date as visa appointment date at turkish embassy?
Is it true that embassy will STOP stamping students visa from october..pls,respond

Yeah thats what the embassy say, but from information reaching me few hours ago, EMU rector and Nigerian Ambassador to Turkey are working out modalities on EMU admitted students on rejected visas cases, far appointments date and we shall keep our students updated on new arrangement. Probably before end of this week we shall get a resolved plans to update.
Re: North Cyprus by Luvdmx(m): 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
wip7:

Yeah if you arrive early to Istanbul you can buy your connecting flight to Ercan at one of these desks Atlast Jet, Pegasus, turkish Airline.

Yeah thats what the embassy say, but from information reaching me few hours ago, EMU rector and Nigerian Ambassador to Turkey are working out modalities on EMU admitted students on rejected visas cases, far appointments date and we shall keep our students updated on new arrangement. Probably before end of this week we shall get a resolved plans to update.

I pray and hope they have a change of mind towards your students and every other nigeria students because it would be unfair to wait till next year.What are their chances and secondly,the worst case senerio.
Re: North Cyprus by pauloomel: 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
Luvdmx:

I pray and hope they have a change of mind towards your students and every other nigeria students because it would be unfair to wait till next year.What are their chances and secondly,the worst case senerio.
Check ur mail....i got a mssg 4 u...
Re: North Cyprus by blissbay(m): 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hello my good friends on this thread. Pls, can someone be kind enough to send me a copy format of the Bank Letter of Reference and the Sponsorship Letter. I need to prepare mine tomorrow ahead of my Interview on Monday. Pls send to blissbaytechnology@gmail.com Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 5:30am On Sep 12, 2012
wip7:

Wish you safe trip!

Good day sir, am already in trnc but having challenges with registration and accommodation!!!!! Pls will luv to meet u out of ur busy schedule. Kindly send ur name and personal phone number to temas842002@yahoo.com

Thankz

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.