Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction (56630 Views)

Leg Of Akan Weeks, Founder Of Collapsed Reigners Church In Uyo, May Be Amputated / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by rattlesnake(m): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2016
Common sense is not commom

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by juman(m): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2016
Unfortunate.

Not enough pillars holding the roof from collapsing.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by ndcide(m): 11:44am On Dec 12, 2016
iksmoore:
I have taken a closer look at the roof trusses of the collapsed building and i cannot but agree that there is a failure in the conceptual design analysis. The loads were not distributed uniformly and there was no support at the center hence the collapse of the roof.Authorities concern should step in immediately to avert reoccurrence.

Bros, I don't know if you're into this kind of engineering work . Can you should us were this kind of roofing was done before and how the pulled it through.

I think the idea was to avoid pillars which could be blocking people's view.

The design looks interesting sha.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by DaudaAbu(m): 11:44am On Dec 12, 2016
TINALETC33:
lipsrsealed

Holy ghost is the pillars.

He was lil tired thats why it he went to rest small

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:44am On Dec 12, 2016
There is a high probability that many here on NL would have passed by and seen this building during the construction stage. You would have wondered. But neither took pictures nor complained. Thsy say hindsight is 20-20.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by admax(m): 11:45am On Dec 12, 2016

1. God protect his own - Those that listens to him.

2. Any misfortune that happens to man is not God made but man made. There is no way God (through the Holy Spirit) wouldn't have told the Architect and Engineers that what they are trying to contruct is rubbish and would work but they never listened.

3. God is God and people should stop blaming him for their own mistakes. He can't come down from heaven to physically make people to use their brain!

CXLVII:
Let accept that there was a design flaw. The way this peeps preach about how there God can do signs and wonders marvels. It now looks more difficult to believe that a God you serve cannot even protect his worshippers right inside his own house.

Questions needs to be asked across all boards

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by fratermathy(m): 11:45am On Dec 12, 2016
YeyeGirl:
Just imagine.. Stupid builders... Naso dem allow make innocent souls die... Chaii angry

Nor be person give the builders contract? Blame the person join too
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Lero15(m): 11:45am On Dec 12, 2016
helovesme:
Was any test done to determine the soil's load bearing capacity undecided

It looks like they wanted to emulate the winner's chapel edifice at Ota but they've forgotten that bishop oyedepo is a trained Architect.

Look at the walls shocked shocked isn't that just block and cement? No steel beams to support the overhead steel work shocked shocked

With your analysis, I sense you are a civil engineer /architect.... Right?
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by efilefun(m): 11:46am On Dec 12, 2016
It would someday soon cuz that middle carrying almost all the loads cant be left without a pillar, its just not right
lofty900:
If the building hadn't collapsed, would u have noticed this?
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by DaudaAbu(m): 11:47am On Dec 12, 2016
imperiouxx:
where are the pillars? Only if one can foresee the future, death trap would have been placed in front of the church before that fateful day.

Holy ghost is the pillars.

He was lil tired thats why it he went to rest small
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Daeveed(m): 11:48am On Dec 12, 2016
Not Only Pillar Support Ish... Am Sure D Vibrations 4rm D Loud Speakers Aid To The Destruction Also...

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by LockDown69(m): 11:50am On Dec 12, 2016
I am not an engineer, but that's a crappy way to build a dome, I can't see any pillars to hold all that weight of steel and roof. May the soul of the departed RIP.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by GeniusDavid(m): 11:50am On Dec 12, 2016
Ewomazinot:
Hope this structure is strong

Been under a rock for the past 24hours?

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by martineverest(m): 11:51am On Dec 12, 2016
the bishops were unhurt because they were at d middle
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by gbmclub: 11:53am On Dec 12, 2016

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:54am On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:
Let accept that there was a design flaw. The way this peeps preach about how there God can do signs and wonders marvels. It now looks more difficult to believe that a God you serve cannot even protect his worshippers right inside his own house.

If you truely serve God, you will do all he asked. Many times we turn our ears away from the duties that we don't like. When last did you love your enemies? When last did you pray for those who persecute you? I said Pray for, not Curse with fire. Pray? Gravity existed before you did. If you decide to defy gravity, gravity wil still do what it was made to do.

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Raymie(m): 11:55am On Dec 12, 2016
What I observed from the pictures of the collapse was roofing hurriedly done most likely for the I'll fated ceremony. As OP and one other poster mentioned, it was a design flaw IMO caused by the rush for the church to conduct the consecration of their priest in their own auditorium. The weight of the roof was so skewed that the loads on the roofed area was too much for the other less load bearing columns to support. Disaster was bound to happen. its just unfortunate it did in a full house. May God strengthen the families of the bereaved.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by ogastone(m): 11:56am On Dec 12, 2016
But wait o, must the building fall on that day and the exact time the people and His Excellency are inside ?
Abi some people climb on top of the roof ?
Secrets belongs to the Almighty.
RIP to the dead

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by YeyeGirl(f): 11:56am On Dec 12, 2016
fratermathy:

Nor be person give the builders contract? Blame the person join too
D person who gave dem d job isn't to b blamed... He's got no business abt hw it goes... Its like me telling u to build a house for me since I have d money to afford one... Wetin concern Doctor with Architecture?? Think pls... D builders are 2 be blamed... Wit d beauty of d church,how u expect make d pastors knw say d church get comma...

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by donblade85555(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:

atheist spotted
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by martineverest(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2016
the building was too weak to support such truss......the designer/contractors/structural engr should be held responsible for miscalculation/incompetency.....a support @ the middle would have averted this debacle
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by PMIcon(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2016
imperiouxx:
where are the pillars? Only if one can foresee the future, death trap would have been placed in front of the church before that fateful day.

Not needed if they got the design and other things right. That's old stuff... if you have the money to spend.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by bonna4u(m): 11:58am On Dec 12, 2016
lofty900:
If the building hadn't collapsed, would u have noticed this?
Winners chapel doesn't have a pillar in the middle, so I don't think it's design problem. I think it's substandard building materials that caused this mess
Pictures so we can compare.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by martineverest(m): 12:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
ogastone:
But wait o, must the building fall on that day and the exact time the people and His Excellency are inside ?
RIP to the dead
dead and moving loads alongside vibration must have triggered d collapse

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by fratermathy(m): 12:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
YeyeGirl:
D person who gave dem d job isn't to b blamed... He's got no business abt hw it goes... Its like me telling u to build a house for me since I have d money to afford one... Wetin concern Doctor with Architecture?? Think pls... D builders are 2 be blamed... Wit d beauty of d church,how u expect make d pastors knw say d church get comma...

I get your point but my statement is against the fact that the pastor is aware the builders were still working and weren't done. They must have even warned him against using the structure but he went ahead to do so.

In any case, the ultimate punishment for this will come at the appointed time, whether in this life or in another.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by UuzbaGuuzba: 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
ogastone:
RIP to the dead
Well, loud music must have reveberated the space. It was bad design. I bet nobody did a sound analysis on the roof loading.

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by 4nobody4every1: 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
helovesme:
Was any test done to determine the soil's load bearing capacity undecided

It looks like they wanted to emulate the winner's chapel edifice at Ota but they've forgotten that bishop oyedepo is a trained Architect.

Look at the walls shocked shocked isn't that just block and cement? No steel beams to support the overhead steel work shocked shocked
True that sad sad
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by YeyeGirl(f): 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
fratermathy:

I get your point but my statement is against the fact that the pastor is aware the builders were still working and weren't done. They must have even warned him against using the structure but he went ahead to do so.

In any case, the ultimate punishment for this will come at the appointed time, whether in this life or in another.
Ur right tho dear, d pastor effd up big time... D builders are just annoying... All d same, ur ryt..

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by CXLVII: 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2016
admax:

1. God protect his own - Those that listens to him. - So the people that perished in the church did not listen to him or the not have grace for being inside his house?

2. Any misfortune that happens to man is not God made but man made. There is no way God (through the Holy Spirit) wouldn't have told the Architect and Engineers that what they are trying to contruct is rubbish and would work but they never listened. - Let's me agree God told them. Couldn't he have held the building strong with such enormous powers he has. We re talking of a "House of God".

3. God is God and people should stop blaming him for their own mistakes. He can't come down from heaven to physically make people to use their brain!
- I will take this point as a joke. So God allowed a design flaw made by few people to claim multiple life's and u said he should not be blamed.

It's either he takes blame or he doesn't exist. It was right inside his house. Am altar of God collapsed and no miracle or power could hold the structure firm.

Let's appoint blame spiritually also...

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by NeutralJUDGE(m): 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
Christianity is marching on...not even the gate of hell can stop us
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
bonna4u:

Pictures so we can compare.
winners has no pillar in the middle. Ask anyone
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by PMIcon(m): 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:

This is the kind of mentality that affects Africa today- atheists and theists alike.
Every time something goes wrong, it is God or some unseen forces that must be blamed.

Authority is responsibility. Humans have been given responsibility about many things. We see evil happening when there is negligence, abuse and misuse of authority. Same reason why a newborn neglected by the parents die- not because God does not see or care but because He doesn't violate human will.

Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” / "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM / Lords Chosen Man: "I Fought A Demonic Cat And Killed It In Osun" (Photos)