Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients (28510 Views)

Lady Sacked For Not Sleeping With Her Indian Boss, Nigerians React / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) / Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Johnemeka247: 8:53am On Sep 09, 2017
Na waoh
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by mazimee(m): 8:53am On Sep 09, 2017
Since December 2016, Na today mods decided to move this topic to front page
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Faithscharms2(f): 8:54am On Sep 09, 2017
Even Jesus didn't force himself or any message on anyone so why was she doing so even after several warnings?if a patient clearly tells u they are not comfortable why not let them be instead of adding more stress to their frail condition?she probably might not be too sound psychologically and deserves way she got. undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by LordsApostle: 8:54am On Sep 09, 2017
oloriooko:
Sacked for preaching? Preposterous!
She did not force it down the patients throat neither did she threaten her
After getting the Bible simply throw it away if not interested instead of reporting to the useless authority
Oyinbo sef don kolo finish

did u read the post at all Are u intellectually sound?? Please check yourself and stop being illogical.

"after several warning she continued, foisting a Bible on a patient that doesn't want it"
please we should be sensible when we come t on public forums

5 Likes

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by lomprico(m): 8:55am On Sep 09, 2017
sarrki:
Hmmmmm

Nigeria we are too religious

Yeah, but this dint happen in nigeria.
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by InvertedHammer: 8:55am On Sep 09, 2017
oloriooko:
After getting the Bible simply throw it away if not interested instead of reporting to the useless authority
/

Patients are vulnerable because they could be in a fragile state of mind.

The same way caregivers would not sell items to patients.

They have pastors, ministers, imams, etc that come through for religious uplifting (if and only if the patient requests for it).

/

6 Likes

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by akaahs(m): 8:56am On Sep 09, 2017
And d persecution continue, d Lord is ur strength. Where is dartfort, Kent located is this planet?
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by larrybabanla(m): 8:58am On Sep 09, 2017
Pls how do I search for stories on nairaland? I'm bored
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Shortyy(f): 8:59am On Sep 09, 2017
sarrki:
Hmmmmm

You just as clueless as your president.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by delivryboy: 8:59am On Sep 09, 2017
She took her African mentality to the UK

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by wildchild02: 8:59am On Sep 09, 2017
Bet y? Did the patient complain or she didn't do her job?

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by LexngtonSteele: 8:59am On Sep 09, 2017
If she reincarnates, she would learn to mind her business...

Even future employers would think twice before employing her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by muller101(m): 8:59am On Sep 09, 2017
sarrki:
Hmmmmm

suffering from comprehension deficiency.

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Kokaine(m): 9:01am On Sep 09, 2017
oloriooko:

Bros check this thing na!
How do you force a Bible on someone? By shoving it into her bag or pocket? Then simply toss it into the nearest trash afterwards but I still do not agree she held her hostage to force the Bible into her purse or whatever
when a person says she doesn't want something, then you manipulate her with words till she accept it from you, it is tantamount to haven forced it on the person.

just like sex, if a girl has her drink spiked and she becomes Hot, it doesn't matter again if she opens her legs willingly or even begs the man to sleep with her, it is rape! her actions were directly Bourne out of the machinations and schemes of the person who spiked the drink.

same here, accepting the bible even though she didnt want it may have just been the only way to stop the nurse from bothering her further.

6 Likes

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by odehaj: 9:02am On Sep 09, 2017
The God that she's working for will defend her,many would not understand now.
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Caseless: 9:02am On Sep 09, 2017
Good. She should go to the church and face full "ministry".
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Lexusgs430: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2017
She thought she was in Africa...... I hope NMC does not withdraw her PIN.........
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by ivolt: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2017
Good riddance.
Many sick patients are already experiencing pains only for
some hypocrites to add the threat of their sky daddies to the pain.

Religionists always think they know it all.

5 Likes

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Josephjnr(m): 9:04am On Sep 09, 2017
oloriooko:

It is wrong in clinical practice. You must respect the belief of your patient at all time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by abbeyty(m): 9:04am On Sep 09, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
Chai Kent is in Nigeria

Maybe he thought the nurse was a Nigerian living in the UK cuz she is black

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Atlantia(f): 9:04am On Sep 09, 2017
No one has the right to impose their religion on other people.

Just because you think you've found "the right way" doesn't mean that other people with different beliefs are wrong.
I'm sure she thought she was doing the patients a favour.

We should all learn to live and let live jare.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by sharpwriter(m): 9:07am On Sep 09, 2017
grin
tossie101:

Did this happen in nigeria? undecided
Thats how u rush just to make fp without reading and understanding.

I still wonder the unreasonable fellow behind this moniker and to even think u are married is mind boggling..
Makes one wonder the type of offspring u will produce.
U are total embarassment undecided
No mind am, I didn't know it was him in the first place, after I checked his moniker, I realized why he spews trash in political matters. Na now i com believe say na true mumu.
cheesy
tossie101:

Did this happen in nigeria? undecided
Thats how u rush just to make fp without reading and understanding.

I still wonder the unreasonable fellow behind this moniker and to even think u are married is mind boggling..
Makes one wonder the type of offspring u will produce.
U are total embarassment undecided
No mind am, I didn't know it was him in the first place, after I checked his moniker, I realized why he spews trash in political matters. Na now i com believe say na true mumu.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by okenwaa(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2017
Doing the right thing at the right time in the wrong place.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Sterope(f): 9:11am On Sep 09, 2017
Actually she can be sacked for preacbing. It is foolery to
preach to people without their consent or willingness. I would be mad and greatly offended if a medical professional comes in while I am lying on a hospital bed to tell me about her religion.

oloriooko:
Sacked fpreaching? Preposterous!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 09, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Daeylar(f): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2017
rookidmart:

Honestly it serves her right.

It really does, why not ask if you.can preach before you do?
Even after being warned she continued,
Disturbing people

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 09, 2017
Respect for each others preferences is a small but a big moral requirement to peacefully relate with others. U talking about Jesus to someone and he or she says please i am not interested, just proceed to the next person willing to hear. U don't have to stand there even in d next 1 minute. Otherwise it even amount to a sin to disrepect others.

Hospitals are not religious houses. If u must talk to people about ur religion in such environment, common sense says u do it without any controversy and with high regards to discretion. Otherwise some patients will complain to the management. They cannot afford to be loosing their clients or customers.

If after warning she actually proceeded with the offence, her dismissal was very reasonable. In fact should have been sacked earlier than dey did. My kobo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by MrDoGood(m): 9:15am On Sep 09, 2017
sarrki:
Hmmmmm

Do we have such names here in Nigeria

And besides, what did you eat this morning?
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Antoeni(m): 9:15am On Sep 09, 2017
That was very unprofessional, not dat she was working in a Catholic or a missionary hospital
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by aynuel(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2017

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Afobear: 9:19am On Sep 09, 2017
sarrki:
Hmmmmm

zombie ooo...zombie eeh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? / How Much Do Air Traffic Controllers Earn In Nigeria? / Pharmacy Vs Nursing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.