Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? (30675 Views)

Vector Replies M.I For Dissing Nigerian Rappers In His Song (video) / Top 5 Fastest Rappers In Nigeria (updated 2017) / The 12 Greatest Rappers In The History Of Hip Hop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by justpeehay(m): 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lyk pheriouphly? *rollzneck* nobody mentioned DREMO? Shiiiiii. D dude b on some hyrlvlphyr, m addicted to his songz nd aint feeling retyr
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Gabbyraze(m): 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lets say the M.i is in a class of his own with three albums,can somebody tell me his best 3 songs ever,lets compare and contrast between m.i,vector,sarkodie,cassper and proverb,mode9 too...
Don't bash me,if you can't list,then ignore,if u can,drop it lets know who's d illest
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Vivvvy1(f): 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
Objectivitely..... Cassper Vector Sarkodie
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by coolh3ad(m): 10:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
juhan:
Juhan shocked tongue
Falz cheesy
Sarkodie
M.anifest
M.I
Olamide grin grin

Do you rap??..If yes, can you give me some "wordplay"
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 10:51pm On Dec 13, 2016
casper, aka, ycee
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by stalinho(m): 11:50pm On Dec 13, 2016
BornStunner1:

I GO SLAP ANYBODY MEY MENTION OLAMIDE FOR THIS THREAD!!!!!

I support you.. Olamide is not even in top 15. is he a rapper?
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by summerflame(m): 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
Reminisce alaga ibile. The guy has a very bad hard core rap

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 14, 2016
I think vector should be topping the list if there were to be one.
Modified :Una wey dey talk Casper, abeg una sabi wetin him dey talk.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by midehill(m): 12:35am On Dec 14, 2016
Olamide,lil kesh nd ola dips
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Revolva(m): 12:51am On Dec 14, 2016
Manifest sarkkodie

jesse jags vector M.I...nobody again

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by ladishaft(m): 4:09am On Dec 14, 2016
Any rapper that sing is not a rapper for me!VEC messed it up with '8' and YCEE? dude is loosing it forming the retarded Lil 'shit' Wayne?Bring out a track where you see the top MCs of all time singing?Pac,Biggie,Nas,Eminem and Jiga didn't sing. Rap is a culture,you stay true to your culture! For me its Sarkodie and Casper!
PappiSnow:
Cassper Nyovest
Nasty C
Ycee
Vector
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Zedoo(m): 5:55am On Dec 14, 2016
This is a Whackatlon....
Best rapper doesn't mean most popular...
Look , NOBODY anybody mentioned here can hold a candle to proverb and mode9.
this is about rap, its not about charisma or swag or popular songs or who's selling out or trendy, this is. BEST RAPPER.
Who gat the best lyrical depth and delivery combined...
And people are mentioning who??

Go and listen to STARDUST by. SOLO ft Tumi and proverb....

If you have no respect for rap please dont say shi.

And keep mentioning whackatlon rappers.

1. Sarkodie is hands down the best rapper in Africa and has been since he came out.
Flow, delivery, lyrics everything put togedA.

2. Proverb and mode9. Gods of lyrics, worldclass rappers.

3. M.anifest, poe dope words and depth formidable on a good day.

4. Vector, M.i categorically too playful to be taken serious and barely deep. One laners, just wordplaying all day on songs no stories no nothing...no depth.

5. Casper, reminesce , aka: These are hot right now and can go on, but barely go deep enough...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Zedoo(m): 6:01am On Dec 14, 2016
Gabbyraze:
Lets say the M.i is in a class of his own with three albums,can somebody tell me his best 3 songs ever,lets compare and contrast between m.i,vector,sarkodie,cassper and proverb,mode9 too...
Don't bash me,if you can't list,then ignore,if u can,drop it lets know who's d illest

Please it is a massive disrespect to rap as a genre to mention m.i vvector casper anywhere close to proverbs mode and sark....
This is about RAP... Not about popularity, its about lines for days.... Not always playful stuff and excessive meaningless wordplay... Dis is not "dem dey feel me lyk jerrycan" raps....
I'm sure u should have heard "StarDust" by solo ft tumi and proverb....

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Ignyte(m): 6:39am On Dec 14, 2016
M. I doesn't give us new songs but mahn is legendary... Now, on considering the best we've got to say people who make history... last year, Casper Nyovest's Album sold 25k+ copies in one night. This year, he filled up Orlando stadium (No Nigerian Rapper Can do half a stadium) Cassper Nyovest's endorsement deal got him his own phone. (Mad specs too). No Rapper in Africa has done what Cassper has done in two years. Facts don't lie.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by mikejegede(m): 6:58am On Dec 14, 2016
first of all.hip hop in Nigeria is almost dead..they are all claiming to be the best when they have nothing to show for it.though ycee and dremo are still trying to keep their head above water.s.a rap act like nasty c,emtee and cassper are holding the game down..while Mi is feeling like a boss for nothing,olamide and phyno are still looking for chrismas hit,kesh is still busy being a baby..maybe we should beg wizkid too start rapping so he can head the game for us...
THE BEST RAP ACT IN AFRICA IS
NASTY C.
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by tunechi28(m): 7:42am On Dec 14, 2016
I can't believe in 6 pages no one mentioned boogey shocked
In no particular order
Boogey
Proverb
Manifest
MI
Jesse Jagz
Cassper
Sarkodie
Nasty C
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Gabbyraze(m): 8:34am On Dec 14, 2016
Zedoo:

Please it is a massive disrespect to rap as a genre to mention m.i vvector casper anywhere close to proverbs mode and sark....
This is about RAP... Not about popularity, its about lines for days.... Not always playful stuff and excessive meaningless wordplay... Dis is not "dem dey feel me lyk jerrycan" raps....
I'm sure u should have heard "StarDust" by solo ft tumi and proverb....
That's y I started my question with "lets say"....i feel your point bro,most wont because they don't look beyond twitter hype and normal 9ja gingering...thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by kingkuntaval: 9:48am On Dec 14, 2016
M.I absolutely has to be the best for the decade, 6 classic projects under his belt, Ice prince's career just flattered to deceive...Jesse's an absolute menace on his day.
Rap game has been so commercialized and watered down lately, that's why find AKA and Cassper sitting on the southern "throne" (personally I can't even consider AKA as a rapper)
Sarkodie has definitely got sting and delivery, however, I don't understand the Twi language, so I can't really gauge his depth...though the dude's got presence..
Closest thing to M.I has to be Vector, so laughable that relevance in today's rap world is measured by endorsement deals n who u hanging out with, thus u can have a discussion about Vec and Nasty C, who's better..lol.. but without a shred of doubt M.I Abaga stands head n shoulders above everyone, the 2face Idibia of rap music..lol..

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
stalinho:
I support you..
Olamide is not even in top 15.
is he a rapper?
With his wack voice always forming that's the worst
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by ZeeAfrica(f): 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
Ifani

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Gabbyraze(m): 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2016
kingkuntaval:
M.I absolutely has to be the best for the decade, 6 classic projects under his belt, Ice prince's career just flattered to deceive...Jesse's an absolute menace on his day.
Rap game has been so commercialized and watered down lately, that's why find AKA and Cassper sitting on the southern "throne" (personally I can't even consider AKA as a rapper)
Sarkodie has definitely got sting and delivery, however, I don't understand the Twi language, so I can't really gauge his depth...though the dude's got presence..
Closest thing to M.I has to be Vector, so laughable that relevance in today's rap world is measured by endorsement deals n who u hanging out with, thus u can have a discussion about Vec and Nasty C, who's better..lol.. but without a shred of doubt M.I Abaga stands head n shoulders above everyone, the 2face Idibia of rap music..lol..

U got a good point but mind u its ur opinion,but I still ask o,list m.i's best 3 songs from his 6 "classic" projects and lemme list proverb's own,then lets compare ......u game?
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
Sky B
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by umbawo(m): 8:26pm On Dec 14, 2016
Proverb all dat way... That dude will give MI run for his money ... Mennn
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Gabbyraze(m): 8:32pm On Dec 14, 2016
umbawo:
Proverb all dat way... That dude will give MI run for his money ... Mennn
Bros m.i sef know na,no b by twitter hype or 9ja hype...na by realness,humilty and deep sense of reasoning
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by ruggedadventure(m): 10:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
Funbii:
Casper
AKA
YCee
Vector
Olamide
n I think u're d most beautiful lady on nairaland kiss kiss kiss
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 15, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
Proverb (SA)
Reason (SA)
Golden Shovel (SA)
Ben Sharpa (SA)
Snaz D (SA)
K.O (SA)
Tumi (SA)
Zubz (SA)
Nasty C (SA)
Kwesta (SA)
bro have you listened to "The Book Of Proverb" (Proverb's debute album)??

The album is like South African version of Nas' "Illmatic"....JUST GREAT
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Kakamorufu(m): 8:05am On Dec 15, 2016
Mode 9, jesse jagz too
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by LeSudAfricaine: 8:49am On Dec 15, 2016
Jayceon:
bro have you listened to "The Book Of Proverb" (Proverb's debute album)??

The album is like South African version of Nas' "Illmatic"....JUST GREAT
I was actually listening to it just this, what a classic! Manuscript is also not bad
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 15, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
I was actually listening to it just this, what a classic! Manuscript is also not bad
I had physical copies of both albums,Proverb is one of the best we have ever had
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by LeSudAfricaine: 10:18am On Dec 15, 2016
Jayceon:
I had physical copies of both albums,Proverb is one of the best we have ever had

True. But have you listened to Cashless Society's African Raw Material? It's old but damn that album still amazes me
Re: Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? by Koboland(f): 11:35am On Dec 15, 2016
Nasty C
Sarkodie
Cassper Nyovest

Rap is dead in Nigeria currently my fav
Modenine
Boogey
Reminisce
illbliss
zoro
bosalin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2face Idibia - Nfana Ibaga 2014 Remix (MUSIC) / NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year / Kollington Ayinla, Salawa Abeni Back In Each Other’s Arms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.