Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,838 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) (9456 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
Hi folks, here comes another exciting story you will love to read and learn one or two things from.

If you enjoyed More Than A Friend

If you enjoyed Que Sera Sera then I assure you will love to read this.

It's still your loyal writer, Hawlahscho a.k.a GeniusHawlah.

CHECKIROUT wink

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 8:21pm On Dec 12, 2016

RELIGION JINGOISM
A story on Religion, Love and Family.

This story originally belongs to the author, Ajibola Olasunkanmi Opeyemi. The title, thoughts, characters, settings, slangs, quotes and all its contents are properties of the author. No part of this story, either in parts or in whole should be reproduced, sold in any format; electronic or otherwise without permission from the author.

The story is entirely fiction. The names, characters and incidents portrayed in it are the work of the author’s imagination and assumption, any resemblance to actual persons living/dead, events or localities is DEFINITELY COINCIDENTAL.

ONE

It was a very hot Sunday afternoon around 1:45pm somewhere in Nigeria, there is this young man known as Benjamin, Ben is within the age range 22-28, average in height, well aranged white set of teeth, dark in complexion and he is a banker. He dressed up in his simple white T-shirt and a pair of black trousers, he was listening to a song through his pair of earpiece titled "Sorry, Blame it on me" by Akon as he approached the junction that leads to their street. From the distance, he could see a taxi dropping someone at the junction, the person seems familiar, he blinked twice so as to see clearer, he looked at the direction again, this time around he was able to recognize the young man coming out of the taxi, he paused the music with the button on the earpiece, "oh, it's is Samuel, they closed early in church today o" Ben said as two of them were moving nearer.

Samuel is in the same age range with Ben, chocolate in complexion, a little bit taller than Ben, slimmer than Ben, he works with one of the popular production companies in the state, both of them are friends and they attend the same church (RCCG). They met exactly at the gate that leads to the street, the sun that afternoon was not ordinarily shining, it can be said that it was burning as if the angel God assigned to monitor sun that day has recently been punished by God, so he transferred the aggression to humans by regulating the sun to more than 100% and then went to sleep.

After greeting each other with handshake, they quickly dashed to the nearest shop by the side of the road, the shop owner did not come that day, they met a bench there, sat and began to talk;
Sam: Exodus 20:8 says remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy, where are you going to and why didn't you come to church?
Ben: Chai!!! "Morogo!" (I don die!), na me you dey quote Bible for? OK, what is the relationship between the Bible verse you just quoted now and my absence in church today? Mind you, dont forget to define HOLINESS.
Sam: Hahahahahaha As expected. You're always ready for argument. Just forget, lets discuss something else, I Dodge am (lol). Where you dey go?
Ben: (Lol). The "itiod" Dodge the argument ni sha. Anyway, I came home late from Josh's party yesterday, you know my kind of job (Banking Job), no time during the week and I had a lot of house chores to do this weekend, I just used this morning for that.
Sam: You should have skipped yesterday party and used yesterday to do house chores I think.
Ben: God understands anyway and my Sabbath day is still holy just as you and Bible want it to be. (Smiles)
Sam: I know you'll have what to say, it's between you and God anyway. Where are you heading to under this burning fire (sun)?
Ben: I want to see my friend, Lydia at home.
Sam: Always 'friends'. No 'girlfriends'. (Lol)
Ben: I'll take that as a complement, so you're welcome. How is your babe, Aishat abi una don breakup?
Sam: Sebi na you wan break us up abi, she's fine joo. See Ben, I'm very hungry now and I have something to do at home before Man City match in the evening.
Sam and Ben stood up, Ben returned the bench to where it was;
Ben: Oh Yea! I have to come back before the match as well, we go dey see later.
They departed, Sam went home while Ben went to get cab.

Ben was on the cab to Lydia's house when the statement Sam made jokingly some minutes ago came back to his mind, "always friends, no girlfriends", that got him thinking;
"Hmmmmmm can you imagine... it's me that does not have a girlfriend right? It's not his fault sha... had it been that he knows I'm in love with his so called girlfriend, Aishat, he would not have said such."
"If not that I'm still maintaining my decent/good guy and also, I dont want to betray our friendship, it doesn't cost me anything to make Aishat lose interest in him and thank God she's my close friend"
"If Sam does not watch his words, unimaginable unknown may later happen which I will not even care about the consequences... it's just the matter of how I present the speech to Aishat and some concrete blackmailing... after all I was closer to her back then in university than he was, I attended the same university with here while he attended another one..."
"He just overtook my action which is seriously paining my heart... anyway, let me just keep watching and playing along, one thing is sure one thing is certain... no matter what happens I must marry this Aishat". He concluded in his mind and hit his chest in assurance.

Aishat is a piety young lady, fair in complexion, Ben is older than her with a year while Sam and Aishat are age mates, she is still in 400L in one of the popular universities in Nigeria, she is from a very religious Muslim family, most of the times, she wears her hijab, she attended Arabic school and has her Walimat Quran Certificate before she went to university which means she's not an ordinary Muslim, she went further to learn about her belief (Islam).

Some days back before that Sunday, Lydia and Ben had a WhatsApp conversation where she told Ben that the company she works with wants to open an account with the bank Ben works, Ben wants it to be done through him which would in one way or the other add some bonus to his pocket, that is the main reason Ben went to visit Lydia. He got the necessary information about the company which he would not have got if he had not visited her, she promised she would convince the company and get things done the way Ben wanted it, they chitchatted for less than an hour more, Ben went back for the Man City match, it was interesting as it ended 3:3 draw against Everton.

Ben got back home around 7pm, after eating, he decided to reply some messages on WhatsApp, he logged in and was stocked up by the conversation going on among his friends on his NYSC group, he could not concentrate on any other chat that much, he later managed to respond to other messages, he saw six messages from Ibrahim which were; "hi... hello... are you there?... hello... Ben!... dafuq are you doing!...".

Ibrahim is in 300L in the same school with Aishat where Ben also graduated from, he is a Muslim by birth and also has the Walimat Quran Certificate, he is in the same age range with Aishat and Sam, he is being referred to as "Alfa" as they do call any learned Muslim brother, he's shorter in height than both Sam and Ben but huger than them, Aishat and Ben were two years ahead of him in secondary school back then, he and Ben are close friends but always argue about religion as they both love argument.
Ben: Mr man, take chill pill naw, I was held-down in one of the groups, that's why I could not check any other messages. So, what's up?
Ibrahim: I hear you. I'm fine boss, how work?
Ben: I bless God o. How studies?
Ibrahim: We dey push am wisely. E get one issue wey I wan follow you talk.
Ben: You don give one girl belle?
Ibrahim: You never well so? Lol. See, there is this one of your friends that is in 400L in my school here, Aishat or something, you wont believe that I am starting to have some strange romantic feelings for that lady lately.

Ben could not believe what he was reading because Ibrahim should be the last person to open his mouth and say such, he started wondering;

"Is Ibro drunk?... he is having feelings for someone that's not his level?... when did that one start self?... and why Aishat again? For crying out loud!"
He was about to start hating Ibrahim;
"It cant happen, Ibro is the last person Aishat would say 'yes' to, let me just watch him to waste his time chasing the wind" He said and laughed out loud "hahahahahaha".
When Ibrahim could not see response from Ben again;
Ibrahim: Oga, you don enter group again? Abeg come make we talk na.
Ben: Wait o, you mean Sulaimon Aishat? Your senior in secondary school.
Ibrahim: Leave that thing! She used to be my senior and now we're the same level. My guy, I loyally need your support abeg.
Ben: Hmmmmmm... I dont know why I have this feeling that she is never going to say "yes".
Ibrahim: Of course I know why you're thinking that way, you dont worry, all I want from you is to back me up.
Ben: Even though I dont really know how to present that to her, I'll still try, let's see what will happen, I'm not promising you sha o.
Ibrahim: Thanks buddy. (Wink emoji)
Ben: But... my advice is; DONT ATTEMPT IT TO AVOID BEING DISGRACED.
Ibrahim: If it's going to be embarrassment, them it's not new. I love her especialally how religious she is.
Ben: OK o... I'll try and talk to her.
Ibrahim: Thanks Bro. So, what are you up to tonight?
Ben: See, I'm weak kind of, I've to sleep now so as to wake earlier tomorrow, early to bed they say it's early to rise. TTYL.

They ended the conversation and Ben immediately logged out. He began to think aloud;
"Dilemma indeed!... I'm giving myself emotional punishment... why cant I open up to them and see their reactions... who knows they may forgo her for me..."
"Hmmmmmm... it is a lie, even if Ibrahim backs out, Sam will never do... I wonder what they see in the lady... I dont even want to know anymore, all I know is she's becoming mine and mine alone sooner or later". He ended in affirmation as he grabbed his pillow and decided to sleep.

T.B.C

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 8:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
Here am I again bosses! cool

Onihaxy smiley
YoungestMuller smiley
AdemolaDeji smiley
Horlabode tongue
My sis in the Lord cheesy VeroVera wink
PastorAji
AustinBlinks
RitaBabe
Tolajumoke
Aipete2
Eraly undecided
Oyind17 (see moniker like WiFi password) grin
KingPhilip
Vonn
CherryBrown
BeeBeeOoh
WristBangles
Tosyne2much

Cant mention more because of ban by bot, all others are recognized.

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by eraly(m): 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
Hawlahscho:
[size=35pt]RELIGION JINGOISM[/size]

A story on Religion, Love and Family.

angry sad embarassed
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 8:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
Obinnau, Divepen1 cry

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by austino677(m): 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
Nawaooo ogun weed embarassed
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Okusi(m): 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
next page abi ur keyboard don hang?
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Rilwayne001: 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2016
Use a normal font abegg.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
Rilwayne001:
Use a normal font abegg.

I didn't change the font.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 9:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
Continues

TWO

Exactly 6:30am on Monday morning, Ben was already set to leave home to work, he just finished knotting his tie before a standing mirror in his room, his phone began to ring, he picked it up and was smiling as he saw "Aishat Calling" on the screen, he quickly answered the call;
Aishat: Hello Ben, good morning.
Ben: Morning miss. How are you this morning and how was your night?
Aishat: I'm fine, my night was not that fine . Please Ben, sorry for calling this early, I know this is the only time I can call as you'll be busy any moment from now. The reason I called is, do I see a favour of 1K from you between today and tomorrow?
Ben: 1k? Errrm... yes, you can.
Aishat: Oh! Thanks dear, if not for the emergency han...
Ben cuts in;
Ben: Aishat! It's OK, dont embarrass me this early, I'm set for work already. TTYL.
Aishat: Alright... thank you very much.
Ben ended the call, switched on his data connection, opened GTB mobile banking application and transferred 3K to Aishat and immediately switched off his phone, off to work.

The week was going gradually to an end even though there were some challenges for Ben in the bank with the customers, Ben would chat and talk to Aishat on phone any time he had chance, their conversations were always friendly with no string, he has never told Aishat how he feels about her maybe due to fear of rejection, though he would show it in their conversation which Aishat noticed.
The WhatsApp conversation they had on Thursday night made Aishat to surely realize that, truly Ben had a kind of feeling towards her, that took her into the land of confusion as she began to wonder after the conversation on Thursday night...;
"Why is Ben this caring to me?..."
"Truly we have been close friends right from secondary school, luckily we were admitted into the same university different years... our friendship has been so wonderful but he has never told me that he wants us dating..."
"Though his actions and reactions some times do speak volume... but one can never be sure of that Ben of a guy, as he can be so dynamic and unpredictable most of the times..."
"Why did he react tonight as if he does not like the way Sam and I are dating?... though I met him before Sam and obviously I know him more than Sam but he never for once opened up his mind to me as he watches me dating Sam..."
"Why is he becoming uncomfortably romantic lately?..."
"But, come to think of it, I wished to date him then when he was in 300L but he would not do as if he loves me... he would always be busy as the-most-serious on earth... that diverted my attention of course"
"See, I cant kill myself, he should feel anything and anyhow he likes, I'm dating Sam and I cant double-date, even if I want to, not between friends, close friends for that matter... Not me!"
"The fact is just that I like him but I cant date him" She shook her head sideways in agreement to what she thought in her mind and went to carry one handout, she was to have test the next morning.

Some minutes past eleven on Friday morning, Ben was notified that he would be travelling to another city by next Saturday for an official assignment from the bank, he did not really have option as all he said was "yes sir", later in the afternoon enough amount of money was handed over to him for transportation, though Ben was not having serious plan on Saturday, but he did not really like the idea of him travelling, he began to smile when he finally knew that the place he would be travelling to was around Aishat's School, the idea of him seeing her made him wanting to embark on the journey as early as possible, he thought of how they would meet as it has been long they saw each other, he concluded on what he assumed to be the best idea, that was by going to her school after carrying out the bank's assignment.

Ben got home in the evening and was eager to let Aishat know that he would be coming to her place the next day, he grabbed his phone and messaged Aishat on WhatsApp, it took her some couples of minutes before she replied;
Aishat: Sorry, I was cooking. How are you doing?
Ben: I'm fine (happy emoji) Guess what.
Aishat: Your salary has been doubled. (Wink emoji)
Ben: Lol. I wish it was that.
Aishat: OK, what? Tell me.
Ben: I will be coming to your school tomorrow (happy emoji)
Aishat was so happy, meanwhile, the main reason for her happiness was that Ben would surely give her something before he leaves at least, and secondly, they would get to see one on one since about two years they saw last.
Aishat: Are you kidding me? Wow! I cant wait to host you... by what time should I be expecting you?
Ben: Let's say 2-3:30 (pm). I hope Sam is not visiting the same time tomorrow. (Sad emoji)
Aishat: Come on! Why that naw? I dont know why you always mention Sam anytime we're discussing, of course he is my boyfriend... are you jealous or something?
Ben: Yes, somehow jealous. Anyway, no problem if he is not coming. (Wink)
Ben: Funny you, I'm coming on an official assignment ni, anyway, I'll buy you a pair of left-feet slippers (Lol) So, prepare a good meal for me too (wink)
Aishat: See your mouth like left feet slippers and good meal... "omo oko t'oba fe je buredi, a fi esuru ranse si ilu" (the bush boy that wants to eat bread must send local-yam to the people in the city) #wink
Ben: (lol) You're forming Yoruba girl for me abi. Anyway let me arrive first.
Aishat: I'll see my cool Ben tomorrow (happy emoji)
Ben: I'll see my pretty Aishat tomorrow. (Smiles)
There conversation went on and on until Ben requested to go to bed.

Ben was on the bus on his way from the company where bank sent him to, he got down at the bus stop and called Aishat's number to come and pick him up... in the next seven minutes, Ben saw a lady that looked like Aishat coming from afar down the street that leads to the bus stop, he blinked twice and looked clearer again, "Oh! This is Aishat, but who is that guy beside him and why is she not putting on her hijab as usual?" He said as he kept watching, within some seconds he discovered it was Sam, "Kwhat! Sam. Aishat wont see me today" he quickly mingled himself with the bike men at the other side of the road and switched his phones off.

T.B.C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Rilwayne001: 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
Hawlahscho:

I didn't change the font.

Sorry, i meant to say stop giving the font that blue color. It looks somehow reading it in that color.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 9:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Sorry, i meant to say stop giving the font that blue color. It looks somehow reading it in that color.

Oh! So sorry.

It's been my style, making d updates to be easily recognized and differentiated from comments just to favour novice guests.

Pls cope. Thanks.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Palmerbarry: 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
Keep It rolling, Bro
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by cherrybrown(f): 6:58am On Dec 13, 2016
Hawlahscho:
Onihaxy smiley YoungestMuller smiley AdemolaDeji smiley Horlabode tongue My sis in the Lord cheesy VeroVera wink PastorAji AustinBlinks RitaBabe Tolajumoke Aipete2 Eraly undecided Oyind17 (see moniker like WiFi password) grin KingPhilip Vonn CherryBrown BeeBeeOoh WristBangles Tosyne2much
Thank you
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:19am On Dec 13, 2016
BeeBeeOóh reporting live from sambisa workplace
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by ademoladeji(m): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2016
Hawlahscho:

Onihaxy smiley
YoungestMuller smiley
AdemolaDeji smiley
Horlabode tongue
My sis in the Lord cheesy VeroVera wink
PastorAji
AustinBlinks
RitaBabe
Tolajumoke
Aipete2
Eraly undecided
Oyind17 (see moniker like WiFi password) grin
KingPhilip
Vonn
CherryBrown
BeeBeeOoh
WristBangles
Tosyne2much

Present brotherly but not in sexuality section
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 11:33am On Dec 13, 2016
Continues

THREE

Ben took permission from one man who parked his bike; "Please, can I sit on this bike for a while?" The man reluctantly said "yes". He sat on the bike and began to wonder what was going on;

"Can it be a set up? Are my eyes deceiving me? Is that truly Aishat? I will wait till they get here... I'm sure, my eyes dont fail me" he looked to the direction again and saw Sam and Aishat standing beside the road at the bus stop, Aishat would place her phone on her ear at intervals trying number... Ben kept watching them both, trying to guess what they may be discussing... some minutes later, Sam stopped a bus, entered it and waved goodbye to Aishat, they both smiled as Sam went on his way, Aishat kept re-dialing as she headed back home, Ben switched his phones on and tried Aishat's number but it was busy, he stood up and started following her from distance, after trying her for more than seven times it began to ring, within three seconds Aishat's voice came up from the phone; "Hello Ben, why naw... your numbers have be responding switched off since" Ben was confused immediately because the lady he was following did not put her phone on her ear anymore and she was not putting on the earpiece, "hello, is this Aishat?" He asked foolishly, "OK, I'm now on that street you described to me in the address" he was still watching the lady he thought to be Aishat and kept his eyes on her, the lady got to a junction and turned to the left street, Ben decided to run to her to at least comment about the amazing resemblance, he discovered that the lady stopped, greeting another lady in hijab who came out from the other road, "this is confusing oh Lord!" He uttered as he ran to where they were standing, he was about getting there when the lady in hijab screamed "Ben!!!!!!!" She ran to meet him, they hugged each other for about a minute, that was when Ben could actualize who was Aishat and who was not, but he was still confused if it was Sam he saw the other time or another foul-view, "come and meet my friend and also my photocopy" Aishat said and smiled, Ben walked closer and was startled at how identical they are, he later stretched his hand for handshake which the lady responded;
Ben: I'm Benjamin.
Lady: I'm Evelyn. (Smiles) I'm studying microbiology in this school.
Ben: Wow! What an identical non-biological twins, I can easily mistake one for another if a good care is not properly taken, most surprising part, you guys are friends. God is great.
Evelyn & Aishat: (lol)
Aishat: Sure, people mistake us for each other, they simply identify me with the hijab.
Ben: Oh! Yea, I didn't even notice. You and your hijab. (Smiles)
Evelyn: Nice meeting you Ben, I want to be on on way home.
Ben: It is my pleasure.
Aishat: We're still heading the same way from here. They all left that spot as Ben was busy starring at the wonderful resemblance, Ben was tempted to say he say Sam with Evelyn at the junction but he quickly cautioned himself as it may be another astonishing resemblance he concluded in himself to find that out from Sam himself. Evenly later went her way when Aishat took Ben home...

After Aishat has entertained him the little way she could, "so, what did you bring for me?" She asked rolling her eyes, Ben has forgotten the snacks he bought on the bike he sat on, "Gosh! I foolishly forgot the snacks on that bike I was sitting on at the junction while waiting for you, I'm not sure if we can still find it I would have said we should go and check" Aishat was looking at Ben thinking he was lying, "Ben Ten! You've never lied before" she exclaimed and winked.

Ben: No, I cant lie because of such, trust me. The snacks there is N450 and for this your doubt, I'll give you the money for it.
Ben reached for his wallet and handed N500 over to Aishat, she collected it and said "I would not have collected this because I doubted you, but I can't be rejecting money when I really need it (smiles) thanks for the snacks sir" she ended smiling, Ben ignored her appreciation and began to examine Aishat's portable room that has the necessary and the compulsory things required of every serious student, he later glanced at the wall clock which caught his attention, the time was 3:20pm... he knew he would soon be going and he had some things to confess to Aishat;

Ben: (sighs)
Aishat: Hope no problem, this one you finished looking at the room and sighed, I hope we're safe.
Ben: (smiles) Of course we are, but we may not be safe if I dont say this out.
Aishat: (trying to guess right, what he was about to say) Please, say it out and let's be saved.
Ben: (smiles) Hmmmmmm... Aishat, what if I say it hurts me anytime I remember that you're dating Sam, not to talk of whenever I see you guys together. Simply because I always wish we were dating...
Ben was sitting on the chair adjacent to the bed where Aishat was sitting, they were looking at each other eyeballs to eyeballs;
Aishat: Hmmmmmm... really?
Ben: Of course very real. I have dated ladies yet I still find myself loving you, each time I realize my love for you, I do remember you are in date with my close friend, but the strong emotion will not let me keep mute... baby, this is just like a confession... I so much love you and still wish we can be dating irrespective of anything ongoing... your say is what I wish to hear.

Aishat: Ben, you know what... as they say "the mature ones dont pretend, they do the right thing at the right time". Dont be offended Sam, you're saying the right thing at the wrong time, to be real with you, I love you and I used to wish we were dating which I know you love me even right before I met Sam, but due to shyness or being too occupied, you never for once told me anything... I would have confronted and confessed my love to you back then when you were in this school but no hunter will appreciate an animal that voluntarily approach him in the bush with knife, pepper and other cooking ingredients and surrenders its life to the hunter, it's not normal, that's why I have been quiet too. So Ben, I'm very sorry for any.....

Ben stood from the chair and stepped forward to the bed, Aishat has paused what she wanted to say and concentrated on what Ben could be up to, Ben got closer to her and placed the index finger on her lips;
Ben: Dont say sorry for anything, I caused it all but never is it too late to correct, I have this feeling that we are meant to be, so let's watch things out...
He held her two hands and pulled her up from the bed, they were standing before eachother staring at eachother... Ben pulled her head towards his but she restricted by moving a step backward, Ben didn't attempt further, he left her second hand and turned back to where he was sitting, with smiles on his face, he had not left the spot when he felt a hand on his shoulder holding him down, Aishat pulled him back and moved very closer than before, "I'm sorry Ben" she said, Ben placed his left hand on her waist and reached for her lips which she responded passionately, after kissing for a while, Ben pulled her more closer and harder as Aishat released a soft moan, she was getting carried away due to how she was moaning softly and pulling Ben's chest harder to hers... Ben noticed then quickly stopped, he planted a wet passionate kiss on her forehead and placed her head on his chest, he whispered into her ears "I love you" which she responded "I love you too", she quickly added;
Aishat: But Ben, this does not mean we are dating, the love I have for you made me do that for you. As you do say; "let's see what the future brings"
She smiled and hugged him so tight for a while, her phone began to ring, she picked up and was on call, Ben was sitting on the bed still staring around until his eyes caught the wall clock again, it was 4:10pm "I have to be on my way" he thought.... Aishat ended the phone call...
Ben: Time has gone o, you know I'm still going far, I have to be on my way now. Ben stood up and pulled Aishat up;
Ben: See me off to the junction joo... you dont even know how to host a guest. (Winks)
Aishat: (smiles) I wonder how else I supposed to have entertained you that's different from all I have done practically (winks)
Ben laughed as he carried the laptop bag he brought, backed it while both of them trekked down to the junction, in the next some minutes Ben stopped a bus and told Aishat "check under your pillow"... the bus zoomed off as Aishat was smiling and waving goodbye... she got home, rushed to check under the pillow, she found N3000, "wow! This Ben will take care of his girlfriend o" she said, "God will bless him more" she ended with prayer.

T.B.C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 11:34am On Dec 13, 2016
ademoladeji:

Present brotherly but not in sexuality section

Lol.

Boss, I only read from that section, I dont really write stories that fit in that section. grin

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
BeeBeeOóh reporting live from sambisa workplace
SMH grin Uwlcm though cool
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2016
Continues

FOUR

Ben brought out his phone on the bus when he remembered that he saw Sam with Evelyn, he wanted to confirm from Sam if truly he was the one or it was another person, he called Sam to log on to WhatsApp, after some minutes he got a message from Sam;
Sam: I've been trying your numbers but none was reachable, I want to come to your place, I called Paul (your neighbour) he said you travelled on an official assignment, when are you coming back?
Ben: I should have got home self but our bus broke down somewhere on the road, they've repaired it and I'm on my way now.
Sam: OK. Why did you call me to come online?
Ben: I saw you entering a bus at Satellite bus stop around 2 or 3 (pm) this afternoon, our bus was to carry passengers too, I tried waving to you but you didn't see me, I tried your numbers but they were off, what did you go to do there?
Sam: Hahahahahaha... my numbers cant be on by then naw, (wink emoji). I went to meet one babe in Aishat's school ni she's just a side chick though but she make sense, just like Aishat, (licks lips emoji)
Ben: Really... I was even doubting if you were the one, boss you badt o! (Wink)
Sam: Na so my brother, I no fit to dey chop rice all the time (lol) na hin make me dey hustle for Semo, Fufu, Amala, Beans etc hahahahahaha
Ben: LWKMD... you no well o, which one you go meet today?
Sam: That one na Pounded Yam o (lol)
Ben: You be certified 'were' (lol). But se you know say na my friend you dey cheat so?
Sam: And you know say na your friend I be too. (Wink) So you no go wan expose your guy na.
Ben: (lol) idiot. Sha take am easy, I no fit settle quarrel o. You trust me na.
Sam: Lol. I don reach home.
Ben: Me self don near home, we go dey chat later or if you show for my hood.
Sam: No p. Later.

Ben was smiling after the conversation, he went through the chat again and nodded his head in affirmation that he has a strong evidence that Sam was not dating only Aishat and that would be enough to make her his.
"Sam has just written petition to the commissioner of police for the arrest of himself, PERSONALLY" he said as he backed up the conversation into Google drive for safety purpose, then he switched off his data connection.

Three months later, it was holiday period for Aishat, she went home to spend the holiday with her parents, her dad Alhaj Abdul Salam is one of the popular Alhajis in the town while her mom is Hajia, whenever Aishat was around, Ben used to visit her at home which he would sometimes go with Ibrahim, her parents know them as friends from school, Sam too did visit her at home which her parents have concluded they are all friends, during the holiday period Sam went visiting her at home, used some hours and left, Hajia called Aishat after Sam had left, she had some things to confirm from her;
Hajia: Aishat my daughter, you know I love you.
Aishat: Yes mom, and I love you too. (Smiling)
Hajia: And you will not want to lie to me, right?
Aishat: Yes of course, mom hope no problem ma.
Hajia: I want you to tell me the truth and nothing else, like female to female, confess to me, are you dating Ben?
Aishat: (smiles) Mummy! No naw... Ben is just a close friend.
Hajia: What about Sam that left here hours ago?
Aishat: (smiles) Errrm... yes. We are dating, he is my fiance. I hope there is no problem ma.
Hajia: Hmmmmmm.... I knew it! I knew you must be dating any of them, but Aishat do you know that your relationship will either end as a joke or a crisis?
Aishat: (shocked) Mom! Why are you cursing me.
Hajia: Tell me, who in your father's family has ever got married to Christian? You know the hatred we have for them, Christians as a whole have never been good and reliable people.
Aishat: Ahn! Ahn! Mummy! You're mixing this up.
Hajia: Shut up! What do you know? Did any of your sisters get married to a pagan (Christian)? The only one (Hafsat) who tried it ended up in crisis until she divorced and got married to Alhaj Abubakar before she could see the favourable side of your father and other family members.
Aishat: (shedding tears) Mummy please, let me follow my heart. (Crying)
Hajia: As for me, I cant watch you end up in such problem in the name of following your misleading heart, you know your dad must not hear this.
Aishat: (tears rolling off her eyes) Mummy? Sam and Ben are not like other Christians as you are thinking, they are not bad/harmful at all, Sam has never for once hurt me, mum, support my will I beg you ma. (Crying)
Hajia: It's like you don't want to listen to me, see, "what an elder can see while sitting down, a kid like you can never see it even while on the tree".
Aishat: (Sobbing) Ma, Sam is good enough for me, I'm satisfied with him.
Hajia: That's what I'm saying, "'good enough' is not good enough, if it's not perfect then it's not good enough". Look for a perfect man in the same belief as yours, Sam will surely change your religion, Christians are pagans! For crying out loud!
Aishat: Mummy, there is no perfect man anywhere, you're looking at it from the bad side, "it is better to say a cup is half full than it is half empty". Dont let's encourage bias mind please. Dont under-rate my words because I'm your daughter.
Hajia: Are you trying to prove smartness before your mother?
Aishat: No ma, never will I. I'm just trying to express myself.
Hajia: Aishat, think of what later happened to your sister that married Christians, learn from someone that has the experience, that's the best teacher. I cant be pushing you to the wrong path you know. And, have you forgotten that you graduated from Arabic School? Oh! You want that to be in vain right?
Aishat: (straight face) Mummy. Nobody is as they first appear, I agree. Nobody is going to stay the same as today. Anyone you know can experience a 180-degree turn within 24 hours, those Alfas and Alhajs too have their bad even worse attitudes, ma, "the only person who can stop you from what God wants you to become is you", so I stick to what I chose and ready for any challenge that may come my way, "if someone is unchallenged, he/she is unchanged and the constant thing in life is change" so there must be challenge. I await this.

Aishat ended with louder voice, dried the tears on her face, stood up and wanted to walk away...
Hajia: Ah! You want to walk out? I pity you, you dont know that "he who rides on the back of tiger will end up in its stomach" I pray you dont end up that way because you just decided to ride on the back of tiger, and I promise you, your dad must hear this.
Aishat walked out.

T.B.C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
Continues

FIVE

Hajia kept looking at her as she walked out, she was surprised to see her daughter in action like that...
"Eeeeeh... e ma gba mi o (someone should rescue me)... when did this girl become Albert Einstein... See, if you like, become Professor Kant, I'll let you realize that "nonsense remains nonsense even when spoken by the most famous scientist" Not in my awareness will you get married to a Christian! "Auzu billahi" and I'll make sure that your father hears this so that he'll take action, the earlier the better" She concluded and stood up.

Aishat's father, Alhaj Abdul Salam is a very strict man that does not listen to another person's opinion, especially his children's, he believes he's always right and will always back it up with some Quranic verses, he is the one with the final say in their family and also the dominant bread winner of the family, even the most stubborn child among his children still has a lot of fear for him.

Twenty-five minutes after 9pm, Alhaj had returned from work, Aishat was in her room, her siblings were watching a TV programme in the sitting room, Aishat was expecting her dad to call her sooner because she knew her mother would surely tell him and she was ready to face the strict man without shaking or showing any iota of fear, she switched her data connection on to chat with Sam to update him about the fire on the roof concerning their relationship, luckily she met Sam online;
Aishat: Hello love.
Sam: (Typing...)
Aishat heard her dad screaming her name from his room;
"Aishat! Aishat!! Aishat!!!" He had shouted three times within two seconds, she got scared and quickly dropped her phone on the bed;
"Bis-himilahi" she stood up and approached his dad's room, she kept saying "Robisidilhilimo" (God, give me wisdom) until she got to the entrance, she entered, stood before her dad and mom, she bowed her head little as she was looking straight to the floor;
"Yes dad, you called me" she said.
Alhaj: (Murmuring in annoyance) I dont even want to believe it. Aishat! Your mother explained to me that you're dating a pagan, to whom you're even planning to get married, is that the truth?
Aishat: Yes, dad.
Alhaj: Auzu billahi! Please tell me, what is your surname?
Aishat: Sulaiman sir.
Alhaj: Good. That means you're my daughter and I'm your biological father, right?
Aishat: Yes dad,
Alhaj: If that remains the same, then I say it now authoritatively, as from this moment! I dont want to see you around that thing (Sam) again! I dont want to see you having any relationship with him again! And lastly, your new boyfriend/fiance must be a Muslim!
Aishat: (No response)
Alhaj: Else!........ just forget your education because I will disown you. (HE ROARED)
Aishat looked at her father's face for about two seconds then looked at the floor again.
Hajia: Ah ahn! Alhaj! Take it easy naw.
Alhaj: Woman! Be quiet for now!
Hajia: Aishat my daughter, we cant lead you to the wrong path, please do what we want, you heard what he said just now, I dont want such to happen in this peaceful family please Aishat.
Aishat: (No Response)
Alhaj: Are you begging her? Dont let me offend you this woman.
Hajia: Aishat, I think you do read your Quran, Quran 2:221 says; "do not marry idolaters (al mushrikin) till they believe (hata yuminu), and certainly a believing slave is better than an idolater even though he would please you, THIS INVITES TO FIRE!" (She screamed the last statement)
Aishat was caught by the last statement which changed her facial expression, yet she gave no response. Her mom continued;
Hajia: My beloved daughter, do you like to end up in the fire? (Crying)
Aishat realized that her mother was crying which she could not stand, she moved closer to her, held her;
Aishat: Mummy, dont cry... I have heard all you said, just stop crying ma, may Allah teach me what to do.
Alhaj hissed and murmured, Aishat looked at him, stood up and walked out. She got to her room and could not divert her attention from the statement "...this invites to fire...", it continued to re-echo in her mind, she picked up her phone and saw a lot of messages from Sam which the last message read "I guess you have slept off, goodnight my heart-desire", she clicked on his (Displayed Picture), she got lost in thought...

"God, but why should I face this type of problem? Why is my dad this strict... should I just forget education? No I cant forfeit that. Does that mean I will leave Sam?
"Hmmmmmm.... where should I start from again, when will I get to understand any other guy? I'm sure Sam will be hurt so much if I try anything because I cant imagine him doing the same to me... hmmmmmm.
"But, the holy Quran does not permit female Muslim getting married to a Christian or any other religion... can Sam even become Muslim? Oh God! What should I do now!"
She couldn't control her tears anymore, she wept and fell on the bed.
T.B.C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 9:08am On Dec 17, 2016
Okusi:
next page abi ur keyboard don hang?
grin
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 12:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
Continues

SIX

Aishat explained everything to Sam on phone the following day;
"I saw it forthcoming" he responded in tears;
Aishat: Really? And you never for once discussed it with me.
Sam: Yea, it happened sooner than expected. My question now is 'what do we do?', losing you is not an option neither is you forfeiting your education, your career is considerable. Ah! This is a dilemma! (He wept)
Aishat: Hmmmmmm... Sam, I'm running out of airtime, will you call me back?
Sam ended the call and called back immediately;
Sam: So, what's in your mind as the next thing to do, dont hide anything for me please.
Aishat: At this point that I am, I think the will consider the condition my dad put me, I cant go against what he wants, I wont want to dare him as I already know that he does anything he says he'll do...
Sam cried aloud to the extent that Aishat heard someone asking him what was wrong from the background...
Aishat: I'm sorry, we cant continue to discuss this over the phone, can you let's meet somewhere during the weekend?
Sam: Alright, (sobbing). Take care, bye.

One of his colleagues at work (a lady) came closer to him;
"Haba! Sam? No matter what, you should not be crying like this, especially in the office, see how you're embarrassing men, what's the cause of your tears?... this must be emotional for you to be crying like this, talk to me, what happened?" She tapped him;
"It's nothing, thanks Tola" Sam responded for response sake. He could not really concentrate throughout that week, he was in the anxious state of expectancy to hear from Aishat and to discuss things out for him to know his fate and where he belongs... the weekend seems like a year to come.

Seconds rolled to minute, minutes became hour, hours turned to day and here comes the Saturday, Sam and Aishat met at one of the hotels in town, Aishat had to force Sam to take a little soft-drink, he was totally depressed, they were both in the hotel room, silence was dominating the environment until Aishat broke the unnecessary silence;
Aishat: Samuel mi (My Samuel), it is not my will or happiness to leave you, I have cried more than you can imagine, it is just that tears can never solve the problem. I have made up my mind to follow and obey what my father wants... the condition he put me is dangerous to disobey, he threatened to disown me, I know him he can do it... Sam, we can be seeing secretly once in a while till I'm through with my education... all I want you to have at the back of your mind is that we are no more dating, (Sam raised eyebrows)
Aishat: Yes. So that if I later break the bad news, it wont be so new to you again, and you'll be able to overcome it and move on with your life quicker.
Sam: (trying to control the tears) Aishat... I know you so much love me... but you cant help anymore... the problem I have is that, I'm used to you... I cant cope around anybody else... it is been long we started... this is indeed a bad and painful ending... I'm losing a treasure and a gem in the name of religion... hmmmmmm it is well. But, Aishat, can I ask you for something?
Aishat: Hmmmmmm..... and what is that dear?
Sam, For the past four years that we have been in this relationship, we never for once had sex based on our agreement, hoping and believing that you'll all be mine after the marriage... now I'm scared you may end up being another man's wife... can you please sacrifice your virginity for our love? Do this for for me baby I love you.
Aishat: Ah!!! Samuel!
Aishat stood from the chair she was sitting, she went to sit on the bed beside Sam, she placed her right hand on his right shoulder and held his left palm, she was playing with his fingers as she continued;
Aishat: Sam... my virginity? Hmmmmmm. First of all, I have to thank you for your patience all this while... a guy like you is very rare and scarce to find, your type is one in a million. Concerning what you just requested for, I wish you are the one that will have it but it cant be now, I'll think about it and get back to you sooner or later...
Sam was shocked to hear that though he was expecting such... he looked straight into her eyes, opened her mouth to talk... Aishat bent towards him and sealed his mouth with her lips, he responded to the kiss like his life depended on it, they both laid on the bed smooching, handling, caressing, cuddling for the next fifteen minutes, Sam was Hot to the peak level while Aishat was in cloud nine... the oxcitocin in Sam's system is enough to make him make love to his blood sister at that moment... all he could think of was sex, he decided to make an attempt... he placed his hand on her thigh very close close to the upper part of the thigh... he began to caress it slowly and carefully upward...
"Allahu akbar... Allahu akbar... Allahu akbar..." Aishat's phone was ringing out very loud coupled with a strong vibration on the table... she was distracted and quickly stood up to check who the caller was, that was when she discovered that they were both half unclad... she checked the phone's screen it was her dad calling, she checked the walk clock, looked at Sam who was lying half unclad nursing hard-on... she smiled;
"See your life, bad boy... when did you off my clothes?" She teased him, he smiled and sat up...
"Who was the caller" he asked.
"It was my dad o, I didn't tell him I will stay this long, he's probably worried, I have to be on my way because I didn't tell him where exactly I was going" she responded, Sam put on unhappy face when he saw Aishat picking up her skirt and hijab from the tiles...
"So when are we likely going to see again?" He asked jealously,
"Hmmmmmm only God knows, this is like a well-fare, but I assure you that we are still going to see, meet and talk, as I said earlier, just zero your mind about our relationship" she said as she was amending her hijab... her phone began to ring again...
"Pick it naw" Sam said.
"No, till I get to the main road, then I'll tell him I'm on my way" she objected. Sam picked up his trousers and dressed up too, both were set to leave, they hugged and kissed briefly again, then they signed out... Sam went back home and also Aishat.

The holiday was getting over, the school was to resume the following Monday, Aishat told Ben about the issue going on in her relationship, that made the interest Ben has in her to reduce due to the fact that he's a Christian too, yet he still loves her. Sam and Aishat still relate intimately but not like before, Ben would ask of Aishat from Sam, he would say 'she is fine'... he didn't tell Ben anything about the religion issue and neither did Ben ask.

The evening to the resumption day, Aishat was set to leave home for school, her dad has handed over all the requested money to her and necessary foodstuffs were given to her by her mom, she was in the sitting room with her mom;
Hajia: Go and tell your dad that you want to be on your way.
She went to her dad's room;
Alhaj: My daughter, be a good girl in school as you've always been since you gained admission almost four years ago, remember the child of whom you are, and dont let me hear you having anything to do with that Sam of a boy again, respect our religion and Allah shall be with you always.
Aishat: Allahumo-amin (amen). Thanks dad, God will keep strengthening you sir.
Aishat was exiting the house with one of her sisters that helped her to carry a bag. Aishat was still dating Sam partially, she was secretly in love with Ben which is less or like dating...
WAS SHE DOUBLE-DATING?
Of course, she is the best person to tell but obviously, it was really complicated.
T.B.C

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 12:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
You honestly cant imagine how important your comments are until you drop one.

Kindly comment after reading to keep me motivated. Thanks sad
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Okusi(m): 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
i love this. But Aishat, omo Alhaji is not chaste as the scripture said. she's just a semi Alhaja and Sam the badoo is an advanced playboy. He never chop but he don dey look for hankie to clean mouth

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 2:48pm On Dec 19, 2016
Okusi:
i love this. But Aishat, omo Alhaji is not chaste as the scripture said. she's just a semi Alhaja and Sam the badoo is an advanced playboy. He never chop but he don dey look for hankie to clean mouth

Any explanation @coloured?
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by drswagzz: 4:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
too much....weneva I com across long write-ups I look away...can anyone summarize plzz grin grin
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
drswagzz:
too much....weneva I com across long write-ups I look away...can anyone summarize plzz grin grin

Lol grin grin

I was like that until few stories changed my mentality.

The fact is that, it takes a very brilliant writer to grab d readers' attention from d very start

I always tell my readers, read the first three chapters before you decide whether to stop or continue.

Still learning how to get you guys from even d first paragraph grin

My next story will surely do that, it's titled THE ARREST.

Watch out! grin
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Sannitimmy(m): 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2016
angryPlease, I want to comment on the topic, how do I do it??
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2016
Sannitimmy:
angryPlease, I want to comment on the topic, how do I do it??

grin grin the exact way you did grin grin
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
Okusi:

I think that's common in NO SEX relationships of nowadays
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
Continues

SEVEN

Throughout the first and second week of resumption, Aishat and Ibrahim would always bump into eachother both in school and on her way home which was the planned work of Ibrahim who was intentionally stalking her just to create familiarity and awareness which he successfully did, Ibrahim would always appreciate her mode of dressing and comment on it each time they met, Ibrahim would make sure he appeared nice, neat and responsible every time in case he would meet Aishat, the stalking continued...

Towards the fourth month of resumption, Ibrahim went home on a Friday to visit his parents, he has informed Ben and also told him he had gist for him, Ben concluded in his mind that the gist would be boring so he ignored, Ibrahim went home, after he had done what he went home for, he decided to visit Ben... he got to his place on Saturday afternoon;
Ben: Ibro Alhaji (he hailed him)
Ibrahim: Ben Carson (as he would always call him)
They greeted each other with handshake and shoulder hug... Ibrahim entertained himself with the fruits he met in Ben's freezer, Ben was through with the clothes he was washing then returned to the room to meet Ibrahim;
Ben: You no well o, you just carry poison dey chop dey smile, you no even ask me.
Ibrahim: Abeg, if na joke stop am, poison bawo.
(They both laughed)
Ben: You're the only one studying and getting fresher, wont I return to school like this.
Ibrahim: Bro, no whine me joo... lest I forget, guess what Ben. (Grin)
Ben: Them rusticate you for school? (Straight face)
Ibrahim: Guy why! God punish devil! See ehn, (smiles) na surprise o... OK, to cut the long story short, I'm now dating Aishat. (Smiles, Grin)
Ben: (Yelled) Tell me it's a joke.
Ibrahim: Walahi talai sumo....... (trying to swear to Allah)
Ben: Oga, E don do. You mean say that girl tell you yes? This is unbelievable! See, make I no lie give you, I underrate you die, nawa o.
Ibrahim: Boss... na packaging the girl need joo, I just increase my packaging and she fall. (grin)
Ben: (Stretched hand for handshake) My guy, you sure... you get courage mhen, anyway I will confirm from her sha. Dey enjoy dey go.

Ibrahim and Ben changed topic to football, religion, girls, etc they would argue at intervals until it was around 5pm, Ibrahim was ready to leave as he would be returning to school the next day (Sunday), Ben saw him off to the junction and waved bye... on Ben's way back home, he remembered what Ibrahim told him about Aishat, he decided to call Aishat, without wasting time he brought out his phone and dialed her number;
Aishat: Ben mi!!! (My Ben!!!) [She exclaimed from the other end of the phone]
Ben: What's up Aishat?
Aishat: I'm OK, what about you?
Ben: I thank God. Sebi you forget me, you're now shouting "my Ben"
Aishat: No naw... not like that Ben, I always remember you... I cant forget you of course. It's just that I dont always have call card.
Ben: Even flashing credit? Anyway, hope you're good sha.
Aishat: Yes yes boo.
Ben: (smiles) Dont boo me joo. That reminds me, are you and Ibrahim now dating?
Aishat: Oh Ben, I'm sorry... I supposed to have told you before you asked, I know you're angry, dont be offended Ben.
Ben: See me see wahala o... I asked question and you're begging, did I say you offended me? Come on, I'm not offended joo. So, I insist you answer the question.
Aishat: Errrm... (smiles) yes, he's my new boyfriend.
Ben: (laughed out loud) Aishat. (Laughed again) This is funny. See I'm running out of airtime, I'll call you later.
He ended the call and continued to laugh as he was wondering how the relationship would look like...

"So this is why this girl has not been calling like before... and has she finally left Sam or she's just managing the two of them at a time...
"Does Ibrahim know that he's not the only one dating her? Hahahahahaha... the definition of complication is what is going on among them I swear... none of my business anyway, and I still like the girl." He concluded and smiled.

Aishat too was wondering why Ben laughed at the relationship between her and Ibrahim;
"Why did he laugh? Is it truly funny? Was he laughing because the guy was my junior in secondary school?... wait o, have I brought myself so low by dating the guy?
"Hmmmmmm abi Ben is jealous ni? What's Ben's problem self? it's not anyone's problem so far he is a Muslim because that's what my parents and my religion want...
"What am I even saying, do I have to follow what my parents say or make them to accept my heart desire... I'm very sure that I only like this Ibrahim but since he's a Muslim, that is why I gave him chance... Sam is the guy I truly love while I secretly admire Ben... I've even kissed Ben before, gosh! I think I've made mistake... I'm just roaming in love among three friends, I'm seriously confused, God! Put me through" Aishat.

She later told Sam about Ibrahim and explained her relationship with Sam to Ibrahim, Sam was comfortable with the "double-dating" because he was dating someone else already which he told Aishat as well... Ibrahim was not really comfortable but he stayed in the relationship because Aishat promised him that he would soon leave Sam permanently. Sam and Aishat still used to see secretly, she and Ibrahim too would meet more frequent, Ben does not really have time to visit Aishat, they see once in a blue moon but always chat like lovers... Aishat later introduced Ibrahim to her mom as her boyfriend which she didn't complain, the complicated relationship continued like that..........

A year gone, six months followed, her youth service was over and the job-hunting has started, a time came when she began to have constant headache, get tired so frequent, feel some funny feelings that were all traceable to pregnancy, was she pregnant? Well... Let's see a doctor on her behalf.

T.B.C

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikeogu Oke Wins 2017 Nlng Prize For Literature / How To Write A Movie Script. Help Needed!!! / Old Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.