Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,855 members, 7,798,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? (13956 Views)

My Girlfriend Just Sent Me A Breakup Message Because Of Her Mum_pic / Why Do Girls Get Hotter After A Breakup / Do You Have A Breakup Plan? When You’re Dating Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Sandydayziz(f): 12:19am On Dec 13, 2016
Why? A girlfriend of mine had to break up with her bf over reasons I can't even explain! And all she does all day's listen to music and cry, I mean she broke up with him herself so it doesn't make sense at all... But what am more interested in is 'Why music'?

I mean after a breakup, all you wanna do is lie on your bed, listen to heart shattering music...
Is that the best way to grief?
Do you think it helps cry or it's silly? undecided (Broken heart syndrome)

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 13, 2016
Ask Adele

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Sandydayziz(f): 12:25am On Dec 13, 2016
JoaquinElChapo:
Ask Adele
If u keep following me around.. smiley

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 13, 2016
grin

She Shud celebrate after break up and never waste tears since she's the one who called it quit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by leahcimzil: 12:30am On Dec 13, 2016
Never been dumped in my life undecided , so i can't relate. I zoo ze zumping cool

3 Likes

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:
If u keep following me around.. Ur death certainly won't be from a natural cause
Jisos cry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Aniker(f): 12:31am On Dec 13, 2016
How can you break-up with someone and still cry.. Why did you break up at first , wrong advice I guess

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Aniker(f): 12:31am On Dec 13, 2016
TrapQueen77:
grin

She Shud celebrate after break up and never waste tears since she's the one who called it quit.

indeed she should Lol, these boys ain't loyal

1 Like

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:
If u keep following me around.. Ur death certainly won't be from a natural cause
who is this? Do I know you?

Do you want me to ban you?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Sandydayziz(f): 12:34am On Dec 13, 2016
JoaquinElChapo:
who is this? Do I know you?

Do you want me to ban you?
U dash u mod?
In ur dreams.
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 13, 2016
Maybe its her way of getting over the sadness. Many people do. But me I don't cus such a music will add to the sadness and increase blood pressure

Instead I try to listen to lively songs, comedy videos and be around funny friends or friends DAT at least still respect me inspite of my mistakes

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 13, 2016
Aniker:
indeed she should Lol, these boys ain't loyal

Yes ur right.. Men in nature are juz so flirty... grin
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:
U dash u mod?
In ur dreams.
last warning before I give you 90 days ban
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Aniker(f): 12:36am On Dec 13, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Yes ur right.. Men in nature are juz so flirty... grin

True though, there are still some few good ones out there

6 Likes

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 13, 2016
Aniker:
True though, there are still some few good ones out there

Maybe 1 out of hundred . grin

It's like finding a needle in the ocean tongue
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Aniker(f): 12:40am On Dec 13, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Maybe 1 out of hundred . grin

It's like finding a needle in the ocean tongue
That's so true, grin grin
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Sandydayziz(f): 12:45am On Dec 13, 2016
Aniker:
How can you break-up with someone and still cry.. Why did you break up at first , wrong advice I guess
If he cheated, which m sure, of cus she'll break up wif him or she's a dummy... She's/was in love that's y she'll cry

1 Like

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Divay22(f): 12:48am On Dec 13, 2016
Because she can't express it with words,so it like the music explains everything.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Aniker(f): 12:48am On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:
If he cheated, which m sure, of cus she'll break up wif him or she's a dummy... She's/was in love that's y she'll cry
That's why we should also forgive, is it better to be heart broken, than forgive?

1 Like

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Sandydayziz(f): 12:54am On Dec 13, 2016
Aniker:
That's why we should also forgive, is it better to be heart broken, than forgive?
No doubt, That's not what she has in mind, certainly not wat I would b tinking if I was in her shoes.. Cheating's not something u look past, the memory neva goes away, well I tink so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Aniker(f): 1:02am On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:
No doubt, That's not what she has in mind, certainly not wat I would b tinking if I was in her shoes.. Cheating's not something u look past, the memory neva goes away, well I tink so
True though, it makes you feel rejected and kinda not good enough

1 Like

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Vheektory98(f): 1:12am On Dec 13, 2016
Aniker:
maybe she felt insecure about the relationship, thinking dat both of dem weren't compatible meanwhile she still loves d guy.. It happens

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by freesinzu(m): 1:22am On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Now dats a threat....

3 Likes

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by RaeMystix: 4:31am On Dec 13, 2016
Divay22:
Because she can't express it with words,so it like the music explains everything.

Seconded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by BabaRamota1980: 4:46am On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:

he likes the color on your tailfeather...kikikikikikikiki. grin grin
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by BabaRamota1980: 4:53am On Dec 13, 2016
@topic,
thats why Mary J and Braxton are hot....their music shares pain of heartbreak and are melodious.

What am i trying to say...pardon me, their music is a bridge! When the heart is broken it withdraws into itself. It will come back out but an external influence is needed to draw it out. The melody and beat excites the heart rhythym but the lyrics remind of the truth, told from someone else's experience. The "it isn't bad after all" solace!

2 Likes

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Rapmoney(m): 4:58am On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Why? A girlfriend of mine had to break up with her bf over reasons I can't even explain! And all she does all day's listen to music and cry, I mean she broke up with him herself so it doesn't make sense at all... But what am more interested in is 'Why music'?

I mean after a breakup, all you wanna do is lie on your bed, listen to heart shattering music...
Is that the best way to grief?
Do you think it helps cry or it's silly? undecided (Broken heart syndrome)
You want to be sad and wallow in self pity cool

1 Like

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Larablink(f): 5:11am On Dec 13, 2016
It refresh all the memories together. Especially if they are music both of you share while you still together, playing alone hurt too much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by BabaRamota1980: 5:15am On Dec 13, 2016
Larablink:
It refresh all the memories together. Especially if they are music both of you share while you still together, playing alone hurt too much.

ibadi aran, eji wunmi eleyin ju ege, how u dey nau? wink
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Martinola(m): 5:39am On Dec 13, 2016
Yes it apens to me often, i mean wen i'm sad or felt i'm heartbroken not from ladies anyway...won't even brood over a woman
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Aregs(m): 5:55am On Dec 13, 2016
I don't listen to sad songs after a break up but I listen to them once in a while when I feel like, there are times I just feel emotionally down and I listen to the so called sad songs...
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by drewxx88(m): 6:23am On Dec 13, 2016
Have you heard the saying when your happy you listen to songs but when your sad you understand the lyrics ...It's deep and your friend is using the songs as a bridge to understand some stuffs in her just ended relationship...

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have U Ever Visited Your Partner Unexpectedly: Share Your Experience / Which Nigerian Tribe Is The Most Sex Appealing? / Ghanaian And Zimbabwe Women - And Their Extreme Love For Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.