Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? (13975 Views)

My Girlfriend Just Sent Me A Breakup Message Because Of Her Mum_pic / Why Do Girls Get Hotter After A Breakup / Do You Have A Breakup Plan? When You’re Dating Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
Talks about u and your current situation, Even some go as far as advising u on What to do next..
Funny Example:::::: Rihanna's Stupid in love.. Dare art alade's Not the Girl...
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
Qummie:

I got no idea brocry
Just keep praying.
lol @keep praying

My dear i shouldn't be that gullible to fall for a Ponzi scheme. I'll rather use my money to drink champagne

Was only pulling your legs. I didn't invest. If I want my money doubled, I'll fold it into two and put in my pocket
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
PabloOmoEscobar:
lol @keep praying

My dear i shouldn't be that gullible to fall for a Ponzi scheme. I'll rather use my money to drink champagne

Was only pulling your legs. I didn't invest. If I want my money doubled, I'll fold it into two and put in my pocket
Lol....Very funny. Good to know you dint fall for it.
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
Qummie:

Lol....Very funny. Good to know you dint fall for it.
na so

Cheers
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Sandydayziz(f): 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2016
jeyselassie:
he actually cheated but it wasnt worth her breaking up because she caused him to cheat. she has her own serious issues like her being very stubborn and all that she isnt telling you. plus she lies a lot. infact u wouldnt believe what the guy has gone thru.
Ahhh... shocked Where exactly do u know her from?
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
Dekadet:
talking of sad songs, does anyone have any. or u could just recommend. trust me I love sad songs... wink

Glen Campbell - Burning Bridges

Skeeter Davis - End of The World

Don Williams - Tears of The Lonely

1 Like

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Dekadet(m): 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2016
Qummie:

Gold forever - The Wanted
One by one - Enya
Breathe me - Sia
Build you up - Kim Taylor
Good riddance (Time of Our Lives) - Green day
Happiness - The fray
You found me - The fray
Hear you me - Jimmy Eat World
How to save a life - The fray
Things that stop you dreaming - Passenger
Live's for the living - Passenger
Brooklyn blurs - The paper raincoat
Funeral - Lukas graham
We are the champions - Queen
Wait for me - Johnny Drille
Time after time - Cyndi Lauper
New Soul - Yael Naim

Will modify and add more later.(If u want)

my goodness, u must be a sad song reservoir. thanks a lot. I wouldn't mind if u add more. seems u have them in quantum. bless u
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by WomanOfRace(f): 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
drewxx88:
cool woman of race am Andrew what's your name ??

WomanOfRace
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by afroLAD: 12:46am On Dec 14, 2016
Why would you listen to songs like, "I feel good" when you don't feel good?
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by metallisc(m): 5:00am On Dec 14, 2016
TrapQueen77:

I know someone like u will quote back coz u been hit on ur big forehead ...GUILTY... Case closed

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by drewxx88(m): 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2016
WomanOfRace:

WomanOfRace
lols that's more like an alias I meant your real name grin
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by WomanOfRace(f): 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2016
drewxx88:
lols that's more like an alias I meant your real name grin

All joke dropped, that is my real name. It is no alias
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by drewxx88(m): 4:39pm On Dec 14, 2016
WomanOfRace:

All joke dropped, that is my real name. It is no alias
wow well I'd say i've never heard a name like that before ,but it aiit noticed your in the east what state exactly??

1 Like

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
Pleasure is not a word I would use but sad songs are an avenue to express how we feel. If you have been dumped in a very callous way I find it highly unlikely that you would sing along to Pharrell's Happy,it's more likely going to be Set Fire to the Rain or some other song whose lyrics are angry and tell you how men are no good or something that conveys how angry and bitter you feel. Equally when you are happy you will listen to songs that make you smile. If you are in love it would be songs about how great a man he is ,songs that make you want to dance and laugh and give you a "feel good" feeling thus make you see things in a different perspective.
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Greenrevolt(m): 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2016
Eminem - farewell

Enough said
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by OMOTheBestzz(m): 8:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
Please Miss, don't be stereotyped.
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by OMOTheBestzz(m): 8:39pm On Dec 15, 2016
Aniker:
indeed she should Lol, these boys ain't loyal
Pls Miss, don't be stereotyped.
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by dntaskme(m): 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
Aniker:
indeed she should Lol, these boys ain't loyal
U tink so ma'am I guess d proper word 4 dat is d guy she dated ain't loyal to her gringringrin
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by dntaskme(m): 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
Aniker:
True though, there are still some few good ones out there
gringringrin coolcool
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Joandumebi(f): 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
Cool
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by wyzoe: 12:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Why? A girlfriend of mine had to break up with her bf over reasons I can't even explain! And all she does all day's listen to music and cry, I mean she broke up with him herself so it doesn't make sense at all... But what am more interested in is 'Why music'?

I mean after a breakup, all you wanna do is lie on your bed, listen to heart shattering music...
Is that the best way to grief?
Do you think it helps cry or it's silly? undecided (Broken heart syndrome)

Its her way of dealing with her emotions. She probably broke up reluctantly. Some people turn to drugs, music cant be the worst thing to indulge in.
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by AntiNigerian: 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2017
Just listen to Vtek's song which says 'yur fada NYASH!' grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 / The Wooing Challenge [rules & Schedule] / Nigerian Girls Dont Wear Bikini In Beaches Like European Girls. WHY?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.