Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft (9851 Views)

$100m Aircraft Maintenance Facility Rots Away In Akwa Ibom Since 2012 / Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami / FG Yet To Sell Two Presidential Jets, 16 Months After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by miikyphil(f): 12:50am On Dec 13, 2016
The Presidency has concluded the process for the sale of two presidential aircraft, a Falcon 7x executive jet and Hawker 4000, The PUNCH has learnt.
In a statement on October 4, the Presidency had confirmed that President Muhammadu Buhari had authorised the sale of the two jets.
Advertisements were then placed in newspapers for interested buyers to bid for the aircraft.
A top Presidency source told our correspondent on the condition of anonymity on Monday that the process of selling the aircraft which was handled by the Office of the National Security Adviser had been concluded.
He said, “The bids were opened in the presence of all interested parties about two weeks ago.
“At the end of the exercise, all those who participated commended the process which they described as very transparent.”
When asked about the identities of the preferred bidders and the amount the Federal Government would realise from the sales, the source said the details would soon be made public.
He, however, said the details would only be disclosed after the report of the sales might have been presented to the President for approval.
“The report will be made available to the President first. Once he approves it, it will be made public in accordance with the present administration’s policy,” he said.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, had in the October 4 statement said the decision to sell the jets was in line with the directive of the President that aircraft in the Presidential Air Fleet be reduced to cut down on waste.
Two aircraft in the fleet had also been handed over to the Nigerian Air Force for its operations.
Shehu had said, “When he campaigned to be President, the then All Progressives Congress candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, if you recall, promised to look at the Presidential Air Fleet with a view to cutting down on waste.
“His directive to a government committee on this assignment is that he liked to see a compact and reliable aircraft for the safe airlift of the President, the Vice-President and other government officials that go on special missions.
“This exercise is by no means complete.
“I am sure the Commander of the Presidential Air Fleet will any time from now, call you to a ceremony at which he will hand over some other aircraft to the Nigerian Air Force for their operations.”
According to the Presidency, the PAF had 10 aircraft at the inception of this administration.
These are: Boeing Business Jet (Boeing 737-800 or Air Force One), one Gulfstream 550, one Gulfstream V (Gulfstream 500), two Falcons 7X, one Hawker Sidley 4000, two Agusta Westland AW 139 helicopters and two AgustaWestland AW 101 helicopters.
Each of the two Falcon 7X jets were purchased in 2010 by the Federal Government for $51.1m, while the Gulfstream 550 costs $53.3m, a former Minister of Information, the late Prof. Dora Akunyili, had said.
With the planned sale of two and the handing over of two others to NAF, the fleet now has six aircraft.

http://punchng.com/presidency-finalises-plan-sell-two-aircraft/

1 Like

Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by herzern(m): 12:58am On Dec 13, 2016
I hope it reflects in the standard of livinq of the common man.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by Zadok407(m): 1:12am On Dec 13, 2016
Way forward.
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by Depreacherman(m): 1:33am On Dec 13, 2016
That's what happens when you vote for the other side of change! Abeg make I check Aisha for kitchen jari

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by Atiku2019: 1:53am On Dec 13, 2016
Nice cool
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by Atiku2019: 1:54am On Dec 13, 2016
Depreacherman:
That's what happens when you vote for the other side of change! Abeg make I check Aisha for kitchen jari

Read before commenting Baba grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by Depreacherman(m): 2:06am On Dec 13, 2016
Atiku2019:

No vex, that was my comment after reading. You are free to comment yours--

don't expect my comment to favour you, abi you dey buy data for me?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by sanandreas(m): 7:19am On Dec 13, 2016
Aso rock would be sold next. grin
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by olaolulazio(m): 7:36am On Dec 13, 2016
Buhari!!!!!!

Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by adezjamz(m): 7:36am On Dec 13, 2016
Another way of keeping us busy since Saraki, Fayose, Aisha, Dasuki, PEJ and others news SAGA is fading away.

Clueless group of people

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by dollaflow(m): 7:37am On Dec 13, 2016
K
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by dunkem21(m): 7:38am On Dec 13, 2016
grin
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by jovitagold(f): 7:38am On Dec 13, 2016
Good for them
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by Zaheertyler(m): 7:40am On Dec 13, 2016
Is it on jiji??..lol
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by sakalisis(m): 7:41am On Dec 13, 2016
cool
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by JesusmyGod1: 7:43am On Dec 13, 2016
mumu buhari and his stupid afonjas slaves
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 13, 2016
OLX.... Seeeelllll it!
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by OkoyeA1(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2016
Alright
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by haykinzz(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2016
Is this another way of fighting corruption?

Any1 that should bid on the aircraft will end up being probed by the EFCC...

So beware!!!!
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by Moreoffaith(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2016
Good one.
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by ray4real25(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2016
Dat is a good move 4 Mr President
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by Zirah: 7:46am On Dec 13, 2016
Maybe he be mugu.

Atiku2019:

Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by Firefire(m): 7:46am On Dec 13, 2016
Fraudulent Government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by abbaapple: 7:47am On Dec 13, 2016
Depreacherman:

meaningless comment. Mttscheew

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by shaggy007(m): 7:48am On Dec 13, 2016
Ok ... Shey na aircrafts wey go crash soon?
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by ray4real25(m): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
mumu buhari and his stupid afonjas slaves
U are d real mumu 4 calling ur President such

1 Like

Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by Jaysleeves(m): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2016
Am thanking the lord for making me plus one today..pls join me in appreciating God for his goodness in my life...HAPPYBIRTHDAY TO ME

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by Tosejik: 7:49am On Dec 13, 2016
At least this food will keep Zombies busy through out this week undecided. RADARADA
Re: Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft by chimah3(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2016
F**k him!!!!

Leave MMM alone!!

grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna State Announces New Timetable for Abuja-Kaduna Train Services (Schedule) / Senate Confirms 11 Justices For Supreme Court / I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.