Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,251 members, 7,807,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? (51225 Views)

Maraji Preaches Jesus On Salah Day, Sets Social Media On Fire / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Silentscreamer(f): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
angry
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Segadem(m): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
cheesy[sup][/sup]
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by lonelydora: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
OP, you beat me to opening this post.

I noticed that few months ago. Every time a character says the word God, they mute that part. Even when there is a subtitle, the word God gets blurred.

Can someone tell me what they find offensive about the word God? They censor a word that doesn't harm the viewing of majority on earth, yet they show movies and music videos with half naked girls shaking their butt and making you feel like it's right in front of you.

This same hypocrites didn't censor the name of a Greek goddess called Athena when they showed Hercules yesterday.

There are atheists watching it too.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by RaeMystix: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
Did Op just get a new Tv or switch cable companies?.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
It is not a today something o...
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Austema(m): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
Let it not end now oo, I have not drive my dream car (TOYOTA VENZA)

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Deicide: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
PICTURES OR I DONT BELIEVE IT.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by seXytOhbAd(m): 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
How is it evil? As a Christian, I find it stupid whenever I see fellow Christians complain about censoring.
DSTV is a publicly traded company in SA, catering to both Christians, Muslims, Hindus and other religions. So if you are not watching TBN, shut up and change the channel

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by wezzyjasified(m): 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
ngolokante:
Those guys have been up to dat for years now...
I wonder oo.. this thing don tey

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by wezzyjasified(m): 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
Masikay:
It is not a today something o...
I wonder oo
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Eemeekaa(m): 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
The signs spoken about in Matthew 24 are all coming to pass. But the devil is in the business of distracting people so much that they can't see them.

4 Likes

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by UuzbaGuuzba: 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
Nigerians give their hard earned Naira to foreiners, brag about it and then complain about recession. As in?

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by wezzyjasified(m): 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
RaeMystix:
Did Op just get a new Tv or switch cable companies?.

I think so
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by victorazy(m): 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
Na now una dey know say anti-christ don come!

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by jidxin(m): 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
OP, you beat me to opening this post.

I noticed that few months ago. Every time a character says the word God, they mute that part. Even when there is a subtitle, the word God gets blurred.

Can someone tell me what they find offensive about the word God? They censor a word that doesn't harm the viewing of majority on earth, yet they show movies and music videos with half naked girls shaking their butt and making you feel like it's right in front of you.

This same hypocrites didn't censor the name of a Greek goddess called Athena when they showed Hercules yesterday.
ve noticed since last year
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Seun(m): 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
chiefoluigwe:
But this has been going on for a really long time
You're right. We featured a thread about it in 2013, but we didn't get any answers about the reason for it. Hope we'll get answers this time.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by balanceofterror1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
Candycrusher:
When they realized religion is a scam, they censored the word god cos they don't seem to understand why it folds its arms and watch innocents people who went to serve it in church die when it could have protected them.

Meanwhile, owner of MMM be balling like,

Candycrusher

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by davibid: 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
Truly the God I worship isn't a man

If not the way and manner human being disrespects Him

If He gives me the position of a CSO I don't think any of these people would be alive

Smh for those living their lives without God

#GodHelpUs

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by thunder74(m): 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
I have created a topic for this some months ago. The main reason I stopped subscribing to DSTV.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by blackolade: 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
Uhm!
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by olusledge: 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
same way the apple iphone's dictionary dont have the spelling of Quran, and allah
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by alexiej(m): 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
Yarduni:
They censor allah and other religious words too, so why hampering on God and Jesus? Except you want to create mischief

But how many times do pple say "allah" on tv? Except its a totally religious program. The fact is "God" and "Jesus" are the most frequently used...
And are u sure uve heard Allah being censored? I doubt it
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Od31(m): 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
This can not be completely true, because there are christian channels on DSTV, Do you mean the censor that too. TBN and other christian channels are on DSTV. So I think it depends on what channel you are watching!!

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by RaeMystix: 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
wezzyjasified:

I think so
Op has been lagging behind in that department. cheesy
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by modaink333: 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2016
End time cable
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by RichAsFuck(m): 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2016
grin
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by RichAsFuck(m): 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
grin grin grin for my mind I will be helping them to complete the sentence
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Liftedhands(f): 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
Yarduni:
They censor allah and other religious words too, so why hampering on God and Jesus? Except you want to create mischief
I watched NCIS LOS ANGELES yesterday and agent Sam Hanna mentioned Allah, Islam and Mohammed a couple of times and it was not censored.

All the Christmas movies they are showing this year have nine where Jesus was mentioned! It's only Santa, elvs, and happy holidays! Merry Christmas is hardly even mentioned so this is not about creating mischief but a fact.

I subscribe to a package that contains most of what I don't need but because of the few I need i have to waste my money on many trash!
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Respect189: 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Because they know the aspect of business

They run a T.V station where Christians, Atheists and
Christians watches

I don't wanna be watching television and hear someone shouting Allah or God, i don't believe in either of them

Religion is a scam

You don't bring religion into your business that comprises of mixed audiences

The same way you as a Christian would feel uncomfortable watching T.V and someone is shouting "Allah" and "Mohammed" all day is exactly how a Muslim would be uncomfortable seeing someone shouting the name of a dude they don't know or worship

Here in the USA, religion or praying is forbidden in schools/public
datz y u hav diff channelz.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deeper Life Lady Lists '20 Facts' About Godly Female Members Of Her Church / Prophet Abiara Visits TB Joshua's Wife, Says 'He Was A Real Man Of God' / Prophet Has Sex With His Church Member's Wife And Threatens To Kill Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.