Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? (51229 Views)

Maraji Preaches Jesus On Salah Day, Sets Social Media On Fire / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by RichAsFuck(m): 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
thunder74:
I have created a topic for this some months ago. The main reason I stopped subscribing to DSTV.

lol Abi na recession
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by chidiandre(m): 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
is it only one religion we have in Africa..... it's not only God but Allah.... they did it so they won't be biased or rooting for one religion and if u dont understand why they did it and want to turn this into a religious propaganda u need help
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nigeriatraining: 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
You all are sleep on this matter!!

It's been like for months now. I thought people have noticed sef.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Alhajipablo(m): 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
Oh yeah, it's been on for ages, curse words, profanities and religious words (or whatever you choose to call it) have been censored on Dstv and Gotv, this happened in d wake of the terrorist attacks, who operate under the guise of religion (xtainity and Islam inclusive).In summary it's a ploy just to curb religious excesses.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Malakh: 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
una never see anything yet Xtianity n Islam will be abolished n extinct, how do you think they'll trigger the New World Order(out of chaos/www3)
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Riddler32: 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
shininglite:
DSTV has censored "GOD" and "JESUS" from all "their" stations, any body that thinks there is still time is just living in delusion, the god of this world is upping his game every day, the days are evil, Christians should start preparing for the coming of the Lord, check your garment every single day, because the time is nearer.

Are you just knowing?
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
OP, you beat me to opening this post.

I noticed that few months ago. Every time a character says the word God, they mute that part. Even when there is a subtitle, the word God gets blurred.

Can someone tell me what they find offensive about the word God?
Its not about being offensive, I would say sensitive. Mind you, the DSTV brand is not some kiosk business that can wake up one day and take a decision. They probably might have conducted a survey or research before taking such step.

Meanwhile, I won't be comfortable if I keep hearing Allah or seeing it on my subtitles while watching a program.

Get over it, I don't know why Africans take everything too serious and personal.

Incase u want to quote me, please don't be rude. I was polite
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by PMIcon(m): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
Everything intact on GoTv.

Don't let them bully you, switch to Startimes or ComSat etc or GoTv

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
Respect189:
datz y u hav diff channelz.

That's why you have to go find the religious channel where you can go listen to someone shouting Allah or God
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by oz4real83(m): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
OP, you beat me to opening this post.

I noticed that few months ago. Every time a character says the word God, they mute that part. Even when there is a subtitle, the word God gets blurred.

Can someone tell me what they find offensive about the word God? They censor a word that doesn't harm the viewing of majority on earth, yet they show movies and music videos with half naked girls shaking their butt and making you feel like it's right in front of you.

This same hypocrites didn't censor the name of a Greek goddess called Athena when they showed Hercules yesterday.
and you still keep on renewing your suscription every month?!!! Na wa ooooooooo!

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Evil taking the lead. Too bad. Thank God I ditched DSTV over a year ago. Too fuckkkking expensive. Not getting value for money.
Abeg which one u dey use now, make I know if to follow you
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by thunder74(m): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2016
RichAsFuck:

lol Abi na recession

Recession no reach my side o. All my help comes from the Lord.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by kenex4ever(m): 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
Candycrusher:
When they realized religion is a scam, they censored the word god cos they don't seem to understand why it folds its arms and watch innocents people who went to serve it in church die when it could have protected them.

Meanwhile, owner of MMM be balling like,
Jehovah is ur refuge And u still insult Him.

Nobody pays to d owner of mmm. He can make money thru d traffic on his site, not that much
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by 20dollarblogs: 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
But the owner of MMM never collected one kobo from you , you gave your money to fellow Nigerians abi
Candycrusher:
When they realized religion is a scam, they censored the word god cos they don't seem to understand why it folds its arms and watch innocents people who went to serve it in church die when it could have protected them.

Meanwhile, owner of MMM be balling like,
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by exlinkleads(f): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Because they know the aspect of business

They run a T.V station where Christians, Atheists and
Christians watches

I don't wanna be watching television and hear someone shouting Allah or God, i don't believe in either of them

Religion is a scam

You don't bring religion into your business that comprises of mixed audiences

The same way you as a Christian would feel uncomfortable watching T.V and someone is shouting "Allah" and "Mohammed" all day is exactly how a Muslim would be uncomfortable seeing someone shouting the name of a dude they don't know or worship

Here in the USA, religion or praying is forbidden in schools/public

i find ur reply disturbing. and am curious, why dont u believe in Allah or God and even religion??
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Charly68: 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
And we know that the devil is the prince of the air. He is the power behind entertainment.. All over,so people shouldn't be surprised at this..only that as Christians we should go for Evangelism promoting media ,

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2016
I have noticed since about 6 months ago.

I remember someone mentioning it last year.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by mack111(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2016
End time indeed. Everything is a sign of end time, nonsense!!! There are several other Christian channels u can watch. I see no issue here. If d censored channels are not pleasing to u, stick to d Christian or Muslim channels 247. But I'm pretty sure u will die of boredom. grin

Assuming religious groups could invest in having their own digital satellite TV service, it will be better, y'all will just be in your lane. I am also pretty sure even d so called religious hypocrites will not even patronize it. Lolz
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by PMIcon(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2016
7Alexander:

Its not about being offensive, I would say sensitive. Mind you, the DSTV brand is not some kiosk business that can wake up one day and take a decision. They probably might have conducted a survey or research before taking such step.

Meanwhile, I won't be comfortable if I keep hearing Allah or seeing it on my subtitles while watching a program.

Get over it, I don't know why Africans take everything too serious and personal.

Incase u want to quote me, please don't be rude. I was polite
So you think the people complaining should not have been part of the survey?
Just because you aren't comfortable. The reality is atheists are coming across as the most intolerant set of people and feeling like victims all the time.

You think theists are comfortable with all contents they are allowing free pass now? How many people do you think will be left if all theists decide not to subscribe again. But just because they are tolerant unlike atheist, businesses want to take advantage of that.

Well it's a wake up call to theists subscribing. If you don't stand your ground everything you pay for will be trash very soon.

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by jbaby265(f): 4:51pm On Dec 13, 2016
why bring MMM into this
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by mrkeys226: 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
shininglite:
DSTV has censored "GOD" and "JESUS" from all "their" stations, any body that thinks there is still time is just living in delusion, the god of this world is upping his game every day, the days are evil, Christians should start preparing for the coming of the Lord, check your garment every single day, because the time is nearer.

TOTALLY WRONG INFO....i wake up to TBN everymorning.....and Jesus' name is mentioned more than a million times...last i checked...TBN is a DSTV channel...

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by orisa37: 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
The Devil is a Warlock, and not a Master of a Good Christian. The Devil is foolish.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by sirfee(m): 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
shininglite:
Op I've been observing this since March,I'm a free thinker but I think it's a bad idea to censor "God" and "Jesus" from all their stations.

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Bullet1234(m): 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2016
Easy way to solve this problem is end your subscription
Gbam!!!
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by sirfee(m): 5:03pm On Dec 13, 2016
mrkeys226:

TOTALLY WRONG INFO....i wake up to TBN everymorning.....and Jesus' name is mentioned more than a million times...last i checked...TBN is a DSTV channel...
Africa magic epic,Africa magic world are the major channels.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 13, 2016
exlinkleads:

i find ur reply disturbing. and am curious, why dont u believe in Allah or God and even religion??

Because religion is a scam

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by mack111(m): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
PMIcon:

So you think the people complaining should not have been part of the survey?
Just because you aren't comfortable. The reality is atheists are coming across as the most intolerant set of people and feeling like victims all the time.

You think theists are comfortable with all contents they are allowing free pass now? [s]How many people do you think will be left if all theists decide not to subscribe again. [/s]But just because they are tolerant unlike atheist, businesses want to take advantage of that.

Well it's a wake up call to theists subscribing. If you don't stand your ground everything you pay for will be trash very soon.
if theist decides not to subscribe and you think d company will fold up? Yimmu! Where did u get your stats?
PMIcon:
Everything intact on GoTv.

Don't let them bully you, switch to Startimes or ComSat etc or GoTv
Not entirely true. I know Africa Magic world is censored as well.
thunder74:
I have created a topic for this some months ago. The main reason I stopped subscribing to DSTV.
much better.
seXytOhbAd:
How is it evil? As a Christian, I find it stupid whenever I see fellow Christians complain about censoring.
DSTV is a publicly traded company in SA, catering to both Christians, Muslims, Hindus and other religions. So if you are not watching TBN, shut up and change the channel
touché! It's that simple.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by sirfee(m): 5:07pm On Dec 13, 2016
Bullet1234:
Easy way to solve this problem is end your subscription
Gbam!!!
Hmmm!but most of the local stations are too boring.
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by ladygudhead(f): 5:07pm On Dec 13, 2016
Seun:
That's unfortunate. I wonder why they did that. Was it imposed on them by govt, or are they just overreacting to some complaint or lawsuit?

Anything God topic can attract you! why? Are you this curious about about Him?
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by winterfell007(m): 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Because they know the aspect of business

They run a T.V station where Christians, Atheists and
Christians watches

I don't wanna be watching television and hear someone shouting Allah or God, i don't believe in either of them

Religion is a scam

You don't bring religion into your business that comprises of mixed audiences

The same way you as a Christian would feel uncomfortable watching T.V and someone is shouting "Allah" and "Mohammed" all day is exactly how a Muslim would be uncomfortable seeing someone shouting the name of a dude they don't know or worship

Here in the USA, religion or praying is forbidden in schools/public

bless u brother. but i can bet u d people u are trying to explain it wouldn't take it the wrong way. that's human nature 4 u
Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2016
chiefoluigwe:
MMM

MMM

MMM

MMM

MMM

Na so craze dey start

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? by Onliie(m): 5:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
shininglite:
I'm throwing away my gotv decoder today. Star times loading

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog / Deeper Life Lady Lists '20 Facts' About Godly Female Members Of Her Church / Prophet Abiara Visits TB Joshua's Wife, Says 'He Was A Real Man Of God'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.